GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
@HanBolo, @Zlork I think there are about 4 of us in this thread so far that are getting the 'small hands' sensation.

Played a few hours last night, adjusted the IPD around but in terms of scale I didn't feel that that made any difference at all.

It's strange, I didn't ever get this using the Oculus, and it doesn't really impact how you play, it just means it always feels a bit like a game somehow.

Have played around with the position adjustment, I'm glad that's doable from the wheel. For reference it resets every time you go back to / from VR, including when you exit the pits for example. I find the default position feels too far forward, so I end up sitting slightly forward and up, so that when the position resets I can sit back into a normal driving position and be further back in the seat and slightly lower.

In terms of positioning the headset, the fact it can catch on the seat (Playseat Trophy) and where the cable is located, and not wanting to have it too tight I found it was slipping down a lot which meant the image keeps going blurry. I expected it to take a fair while for the positioning to be fine tuned etc. so I'm happy to persevere, certainly every now and then it does all sit in just the right spot and it's very sharp.

The menus are the worst place for the chromatic abberation and such, I think I'll probably actually set the 'screen size' setting smaller to keep more of the menus in the sweet spot, that may make that better.

The general feel for the car and its position on the track etc. is so much better, I knew this from previous VR experience and I know it makes flat screen play feel very toy like. In terms of immersion, the scale thing is awkward, I constantly feel like I'm in a game, a very realistic one, but the scale being off is breaking that "actually in a real car" sensation that I have with the Oculus and Assetto Corsa, will be curious to see if more people experience the same thing and if there's some sort of explanation for it.
What’s the position adjustment? The one you change by holding the options button, or something else?

I’ve got the positioning much better. Definitely clearer than before. It’s is a smallish window, but the cars and gauges are much Sharper.
Did a 5 lap race at St Croix C reverse. I say the cars look like Standard Premiums with fully rendered interiors. However, the attitude of the cars/AI car behaviour, trumps any graphical shortcomings. Everything about the driving and race experience has me hooked.

Last edited:
Got my headset yesterday (Thrustmaster T248 and Next Level Racing GT Track rig), jumped into the Group 3 Corvette C7 race car and did some hotlaps on Laguna Seca. I'm over the moon. Those 3 laps were the coolest thing I've done in a videogame ever. Hands down the best. And I'm 42 years old. Nothing else comes close. And that was just me on the track. It will be even better with other cars on the track. Got butterflies in my stomach on the corkscrew but other than that not a hint of VR sickness. Let my teenage son hop onto his profile and he played for about 45 mins doing to beginning races and got his B License. He loved it too. Today is going to be a long shift at work, but I've got 3 days off after that.

Hello guys! I tested GT7 with PSVR 2 yesterday evening. Unbelivable!!!!! I love it.
But i have a problem. In Endurance races i can´t see the driver list and the times of them (difference to first or driver behind). And i can´t see if they box - what tires they take - how much fuel they take? I can´t find a option to change the hud on display to add the driver list.
Can somebody help me? Regards

Got my ;d Resolution is still not there (8k would be perfect but for sure ps5 wouldnt handle it) and sweetspot is little problematic but yeah, gt7 vr sense of depth, speed and elevation is on another level ! Its funny but automaticly you try to drive safer and avoid any accident ;d

Last edited:
I need to chip in on this thread been ghosting it for so long now xD
I got the psvr2 yesterday and been playing all day long and today also....
so first things first I kinda got hyped into too expecting the graphics too be much more crisp and clear almost like watching it on a regular 4k flat thx too all the ****** reviewers who may not have been completely honest about it so yeah kinda of a dissapointment in that the department however I have a sneaky feeling that their test setup was setup too run gt7 much more crispy then what is on the consumermarket idk maybe?
I think maybe the psvr2 has the ability to run it more crispy and less blurry if you unplug your tv and fiddle with the settings a bit so all the ps5 HP goes directly to the psvr2 and not the tv? again maybe? I think that polyphony maybe could update the game so we can get some performance settings too fiddle around with.... in regards to the psvr2 hype so far I only feel it is a small improvement in some areas over say the htc vive I got back when it first came out allthough I feel that its unfocused around the edges which I don't remember the htc vive was? been a long time since I sold it idk if this fov rendering really is that good or maybe its not fully implemented yet in gt7?

That said it is a massively great experience to drive in vr my laptimes are sooo much faster I hit the apex and breaking points perfectly every time i drive and I have zero aids on so yeah it really gives something in that regard :D

word of warning avoid the nordschleife if you get a little quessy cause the elevation difference will really make your stomach turn xD otherwise there is no realitysickness I think its because of the smooth framerates?

the flat screen menu/ pits and race cam before start is a huge annoyance but hopefully they maybe patch it out.

my forehead get a little sore after 30mins on the wtc700 le mans track but then I just take a break not sure I be able to do the 1hour at spa but time will tell...

so to sum it up if your never played vr lower your expectations a bit in terms of the fidelity on the psvr2 it might be capable of better clarity if patched and not running the tv at the same time but only time will tell

if you allready have played tons of VR you know what too expect in terms of clarity and such.

can still recommend the psvr2 but don't expect 4k flat screen tv resolution and clarity because its nowhere near that.

@HanBolo, @Zlork I think there are about 4 of us in this thread so far that are getting the 'small hands' sensation.

Played a few hours last night, adjusted the IPD around but in terms of scale I didn't feel that that made any difference at all.

It's strange, I didn't ever get this using the Oculus, and it doesn't really impact how you play, it just means it always feels a bit like a game somehow.

Have played around with the position adjustment, I'm glad that's doable from the wheel. For reference it resets every time you go back to / from VR, including when you exit the pits for example. I find the default position feels too far forward, so I end up sitting slightly forward and up, so that when the position resets I can sit back into a normal driving position and be further back in the seat and slightly lower.

In terms of positioning the headset, the fact it can catch on the seat (Playseat Trophy) and where the cable is located, and not wanting to have it too tight I found it was slipping down a lot which meant the image keeps going blurry. I expected it to take a fair while for the positioning to be fine tuned etc. so I'm happy to persevere, certainly every now and then it does all sit in just the right spot and it's very sharp.

The menus are the worst place for the chromatic abberation and such, I think I'll probably actually set the 'screen size' setting smaller to keep more of the menus in the sweet spot, that may make that better.

The general feel for the car and its position on the track etc. is so much better, I knew this from previous VR experience and I know it makes flat screen play feel very toy like. In terms of immersion, the scale thing is awkward, I constantly feel like I'm in a game, a very realistic one, but the scale being off is breaking that "actually in a real car" sensation that I have with the Oculus and Assetto Corsa, will be curious to see if more people experience the same thing and if there's some sort of explanation for it.
I get the small hands sensation as well the scale of things are a bit off when driving but my experince from VR in general is that the scale is always a bit off and you always seem smaller then IRL?

snc
Got my ;d Resolution is still not there (8k would be perfect but for sure ps5 wouldnt handle it) and sweetspot is little problematic but yeah, gt7 vr sense of depth, speed and elevation is on another level ! Its funny but automaticly you try to drive safer and avoid any accident ;d
The PS5 could handle it, it does support 8k, but whether Sony could develop an 8k capable headset without it being prohibitively expensive is another question.

Last edited:
Hello guys! I tested GT7 with PSVR 2 yesterday evening. Unbelivable!!!!! I love it.
But i have a problem. In Endurance races i can´t see the driver list and the times of them (difference to first or driver behind). And i can´t see if they box - what tires they take - how much fuel they take? I can´t find a option to change the hud on display to add the driver list.
Can somebody help me? Regards
I don't think you can get these infos in the VR experience I also missed these infos and tried fiddle with the HUD settings but nah it seems you cant get that info I guess they go for the more realistic playstyle I guess

I don't think you can get these infos in the VR experience I also missed these infos and tried fiddle with the HUD settings but nah it seems you cant get that info I guess they go for the more realistic playstyle I guess
Possible they go for more realism. But in real race the driver allways has informations about the other drivers from box. So it would be nice to view this in the hud to plan own tactics.

Last edited:
Possible they go for more realism. But in real race the driver allways has informations about the other drivers from box. So it would be nice to view this in the hud to plan own tactics.
I think they will put it in later in a patch right now its the roll out phase so everything is scaled back a bit and once they get alot of feedback from us the patches will start too flow but yeah I also miss those infos alot been driving the wtc700 le mans all day yesterday and most of the morning today and its super frustrating too have no clue on how far away is the driver in front of you and behind you it cost me a first place yesterday since haywood did one of his 4 laps stint and I didn't knew when he pitted so yeah bring on the patch polyphony xD

Edit: also a speedometer would be nice since I have 0 sense of speed in VR

Last edited:
Yes. A speed info would be great. In some cars it´s hard to view the speed. And if you tune a car sometimes the instruments can´t display real speed, because ending at 180 or 200 or ... km or miles per hour.

Last edited:
The PS5 could handle it, it does support 8k, but whether Sony could develop an 8k capable headset without it being prohibitively expensive is another question.
Its technicaly capable to support 8k but there is not enough "horse power" there, to have gt7 level of graphic in 8k you would need crazy powerful hardware, even with using foveated rendering. Price of that headset for sure is another problem.

Yes. A speed info would be great. In some cars it´s hard to view the speed. And if you tune a car sometimes the instruments can´t display real speed, because ending at 180 or 200 or ... km or miles per hour.
ha ha yeah the MPH thing is only us europeans who have issues with and the others have the issues with the KMPH but its not that difficult 100kmph is about 65MPH so 120MPH is about 200kmph and 190mph is about 300kmph :D

Perhaps a dumb question for all PSVR2 users but how does shifting gears work with the new vr controllers. On the Dualsense I shift up with square and down with x but if I wanted to shift up with the vr controllers I would have to lift my left thumb from the left analog stick. Sounds bad for me

Perhaps a dumb question for all PSVR2 users but how does shifting gears work with the new vr controllers. On the Dualsense I shift up with square and down with x but if I wanted to shift up with the vr controllers I would have to lift my left thumb from the left analog stick. Sounds bad for me
gt7 doesnt support vr controllers

The only issue I encountered when actually driving: Has anyone else experienced this thing where if you lean too far forward or to the side in your rig, the car disappears around you and is replaced by a grid of green lines?
For those having issues with it, just go to the PSVR2 menu and set the "Boundary Display Sensitivity" to Low. You will have a better margin before those black screen appear! 👍
I also have many tracking problems.
Can't help for the other issues, but as for the tracking, and if you play in front of your TV, then enable the "Tracking Support" in the PSVR2 menu. Your TV will become an anchor point for the headset. Never had any tracking issue doing so 👍

ok guys pls try this I just did a wtc700 le mans stint but wut I did was I unplugged my tv from the ps5 and restarted the ps5 so only using the psvr2 headset i definetly felt an improvement in the psvr2 performance and clarity when playing in gt7 I felt the scale was definetly more real and the details closer was sharper and the game ran more smoothly the horizon was still blurry but I think this is definetly a gt7 issue that can be pathced to be alot more crispy when the game went to flatscreen in the psvr2 things definetly felt alot more crispy so I think the psvr2 really has the ability to be very crisp if we can get some performance patches or settings for gt7 and also the positioning I had no issues at all with camera positioning i didn't have to reset my position at anytime which when I playede with my tv on was a major issue

can some of you guys pls also test this and see if you feel the same??

Last edited:
The videos are NOT tweaked. Your VR gameplay looks the exact same as the videos if you watch it on your TV. But the optics and the panels simply can't produce that on a VR headset itself. The video signal is way sharper than what the headset can display.

I'd say your estimation of "poor 1080" is rather accurate. I myself estimated earlier today that the clarity reminds me of PS3 era, as in GT5 and GT6. It is not perfect and we are some technological steps away from "4k" clarity in mass market VR, but it is very good on current market standards.

The pace itself will come, I was about that 2 seconds off myself for the first few races. But the HUD needs WAY more options and customization, agreed.
Please ignore the above, after I spent one hour solid on it, I equalled my lap time on race b

I also didn’t have 120hz enabled. It’s much smoother now.

Whats have I learnt ? st#u on day one of anything 🤦🏻‍♂️

Can’t wait to get home and practice more, I feel like I turn in too fast, not too late or early but more too fast but I’m not sure if that’s how it should feel.

It makes me a bit twitchy in bends 🤷🏻‍♂️

I dont have VR but i have some thoughts to the motion sickness.
Can someone please try 1 thing.
Turn off the driver info abouve the other cars and turn off the ui or car info only. My guess is that the eyes have to many focus points and thats confusing. Hope that helps a bit 👍🏻

Last edited:
Please ignore the above, after I spent one hour solid on it, I equalled my lap time on race b

I also didn’t have 120hz enabled. It’s much smoother now.

Whats have I learnt ? st#u on day one of anything 🤦🏻‍♂️

Can’t wait to get home and practice more, I feel like I turn in too fast, not too late or early but more too fast but I’m not sure if that’s how it should feel.

It makes me a bit twitchy in bends 🤷🏻‍♂️
Thank you for the update! It appears to me that the perceived quality of PSVR 2 is very dependent on whether or not the user managed to hit the sweet spot in positioning and calibration. Maybe some fiddling is inevitable to find the sweet spot and get the most out of the headset.

Latest Posts

Back