GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
The VR Showrrom is must to do. Thanks to Kaz for at least making all cars explorable(?) in this mode. Clicking the Brand Central location and looking at any car, the Porsche LMPs. One understands why PD are meticulous with the details.
Have a gander at the Aston Martin D-Type if players don’t own it. Amazing detail in the driver’s seat where the bottom safety belt passes through and the worn steering wheel and the scuffs on the steering wheel spokes.
I don’t own the 330 P4, but holy smokes, I can appreciate it more, up close.

This feature alone can possibly bring back the appreciation of cars in this game. For GT7s flaws(MYX, grinding, lobbies, etc), this latest gem truly brings the focus back to the love of cars.

I'm sorry guys but I need to repeat wut other guys have said in here...

The spa 1 hour in VR is beyond amazing!!!!

I had my hesitations of doing because I feel it saps a bit of stamina but boy oh boy was I in for a surprise...

I took my good old mclaren gt3 out and the first lap I just took it a bit easy not knowing exactly where my breakpoint where and such.

But by lap 2 I was slapping that baby around the corners like there was no tomorrow the sense of being there in the car made it sooo much easier I was handing out fastest laps for the first six laps like I was handing out candy at a birthday party!!!

the sense of the car was soo spot on and I am using g923 with trueforce and that thing just kept me lit with information about my car and grip all the time...

By the time I had changed to rain tires in the bottom of lap 7 I was constantly getting blapped with blue flags but the whole experience was propably the best I ever have had in my whole life playing computer games Ive felt i was actually there it was absolutely sensationel... the rain the lighting the sounds and punishing that poor maclaren too the limit lap after lap WOW!!

If there is people out there a little on the fence about this whole PSVR2 thing I can only say this DO IT! you will litteraly get the most insane experience of your life.... :embarrassed:

Day 3, drove another hour plus. It just gets better and better every time.

Encountered a technical issue for the first time, however. After maybe the first 10 min, something went wrong and the game stopped giving me forward drive on the throttle. It was like my Fanatec V3s disconnected—except not.

Standing on the gas, the engine revs were as normal and would go all the way to redline but it was like the car was stuck in neutral even though it was in gear. So it was as if I had pulled the clutch in. Tried exiting to the world map, chose new car and track … same problem.

Ultimately had to quit the game and turn off both the PS5 and headset and start all over, which fixed the problem for the next 45 min or so until I quit just because I needed a break.

I had been watching a movie on the headset for 30 min prior to playing the game, just to see what it was like. Dunno if that had something to do with it or not. I can also report that after ejecting the BluRay disc and switching to GT7, it was all effed up. It kept the game in pancake mode, not VR. It also had my view straight out the right side of the car looking at the wall on the side of the track (and resetting the screen by holding the options button did nothing to repair it). Totally bizarre. I was relieved that a full shutdown and restart seemed to fix whatever was occurring.

Last edited:
Day 3, drove another hour plus. It just gets better and better every time.

Encountered a technical issue for the first time, however. After maybe the first 10 min, something went wrong and the game stopped giving me forward drive on the throttle. It was like my Fanatec V3s disconnected—except not.

Standing on the gas, the engine revs were as normal and would go all the way to redline but it was like the car was stuck in neutral even though it was in gear. So it was as if I had pulled the clutch in. Tried exiting to the world map, chose new car and track … same problem.

Ultimately had to quit the game and turn off both the PS5 and headset and start all over, which fixed the problem for the next 45 min or so until I quit just because I needed a break.

I had been watching a movie on the headset for 30 min prior to playing the game, just to see what it was like. Dunno if that had something to do with it or not. I can also report that after ejecting the BluRay disc and switching to GT7, it was all effed up. It kept the game in pancake mode, not VR. It also had my view straight out the right side of the car looking at the wall on the side of the track. Totally bizarre. I was relieved that a full shutdown and restart seemed to fix whatever was occurring.
Did you by any chance had any apps running in the background that was maybe taxing the system?? Like if you had been watching youtube and forget to close the app after and only switched to the game with it still running??

Idk for some reason I would really like If there could be some kind of instructor feeding me info in my earpiece as I drove and preferably a dude with a british accent don't ask me why :D

I just feel I could be so cool hearing something like "right ease a bit off the throttle and apply brakes as you follow the corner" in a fat british accent and maybe david attenborough narrating my replays... "the male maclaren has set its sights on the female dodge viper and is ready to pounce at the next corner":D

Did you by any chance had any apps running in the background that was maybe taxing the system?? Like if you had been watching youtube and forget to close the app after and only switched to the game with it still running??
Nope, none at all. Other than maybe the dvd player for the disc I had been watching, but I had quit that app before I switched to the game (also disc version FYI). I can only figure watching the BluRay first had something to do with it.

Nope, none at all. Other than maybe the dvd player for the disc I had been watching, but I had quit that app before I switched to the game (also disc version FYI). I can only figure watching the BluRay first had something to do with it.
overheating maybe?? well we are only on day 3 of release so there is propably alot more bugs that needs to be sorted out by sony in the upcoming months sound is for instance one of them...

overheating maybe?? well we are only on day 3 of release so there is propably alot more bugs that needs to be sorted out by sony in the upcoming months sound is for instance one of them...
No, not at all. Console wasn’t even hot to the touch, really. And like I said, as soon as I turned it all off, waited 20 seconds and fired back up, it was all back to normal and I drove for at least 45 min straight with zero trouble. So, yeah 🤷‍♂️🤣

Last edited:
Brands Hatch is a track I usually don´t care for, but it´s a friggin TRIP in VR!

Fair warning though - It´s one of the tougher ones to stomach.

Finally, a question for the people who have been talking about incorrect scale. I did some tests with this, but I'm not sure I'm encountering the same issue. To me the scale seems roughly correct. I tried it out by finding a car I was somewhat familiar with in real life, the Toyota Tundra. I set my player height in the VR showroom until it was at eye level with the top of the car (my height in real life). The proportions of what I looked at seemed to be correct, including the staff and props in GT Auto. When hopping into the cockpit, the wheel size also looked correct to me. To me, the main issue seems to stem from that fact that all of the cars in the game have the seat position all the way forward, making you feel like you are right on top of the wheel. But this can be fixed in a race by doing the recenter trick and pressing the option button.

I also tested out the complaints about the hands being small. I did this by getting in a car, doing the recenter trick until I felt like the position was similar to how I'd drive a real car, and then holding my hand out to match the position of the virtual drivers hand. I then turned on the PSVR infrared camera to see my hand and compare the size to the virtual one. In this comparison both the hand and arm were very similar in size, and I do not have small hands.

Is there a specific vehicle that this is happening with? Or all of them?
By finding the right position, issue is attenuated a little (very little) bit but it still exists.
@Mathaios_C have created a thread about it : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/car’s-scale-size-in-vr-something-wrong.416970/

There is clearly a issue :( Let's hope PoDi (or Sony) is aware of this issue and that they will fix it

Day 3. Finally got my Logitech GPro wheel and pedals tuned in with the recommended settings. Did a drive on Mount Panoramma. Never noticed the wineyards before. And that view on top was a WoW moment. I actually said: wow! 🤣 Willow Springs was one of the tracks I never liked and was always a very hard track to race for me in Pancake mode. In VR I love it now.

I also had the clutch/trothle bug a few times. Once i did a few gear changes it fixed things.

The E30 M3 has a really strange vr few. The dash is nearly flat. For sure a bug. They will probably fix it. Tom’s Supra is very cool in VR. So is the camel 🐪 interior of the Rari 430.
And that Guilia gtam. Such a cool place to be in. Noticed the miniled button in the amg black series on the steering wheel in race mode showing the checkered flag..the details are just everywere

Actually think scale is fine. Drove a lancer.
That actually seemed big.

Must say I am growing to the image quality.
Position the band low on the back of your head. Basically best you can get now. And certainly for the money.

No motion sickness today. But also drove carefull and did not crash. Everytime getting a clean race bonus. You actually really don’t want to crash because it makes your stomach turn🤪

Loving GT7 in VR so far! Just a question in regards to the 'sweet spot' and overall sharpness. I've managed to adjust to the point where I'm happy overall with the quality of the image, but is it possible to reach a point where even the smaller gauges in the cockpit are readable?

Couple things now that I’m starting Day 4 with the VR2…

* If you’re seated in a fairly fixed position it may be worth experimenting slightly altering the distance and height when you “set-up” your play area depending on how far back and/or how high/low in the virtual seat you want it to appear (ie. how much of the driver you want to see and how high you want your head in relation to the steering wheel) so that it’s in the desired position when you sit regularly. Of course you want to maintain the the freedom to lean forward comfortably and turn your head to view around corners. It’s crazy they included the detail of the driver shifting their body when you either slouch or sit up taller.

* I’ve been taking steps each day to battle motion sickness, so far each day has been a noticeable improvement on multiple fronts 👍 I hope others with the same issue haven’t become too discouraged and given up

* As mentioned in others’ posts, almost all viewing problems are related to the alignment of the headset and/or how perfectly your eyes are centered and at 90° to the lenses. If you see any chromatic issue like blue fringing this will fix it. Very tiny adjustments can make a big difference. Try closing one eye at a time to make sure they are both correct

* Wear contacts if you have them rather than glasses, particularly if you have Astigmatism. Aside from potential light leakage, minimizing additional shaped glass into the equation of any optic system is always a bonus. Also, glasses are sharpest is in their center and contacts maintain that area when you move your eyes

* Its a lot of fun cycling through and trying out different cars, including ones I don’t often use.
  • Quite a few of them are crazy, like the Chaparral 2X VGT
  • The Racing Kart 125 is now kind of cool 😎

* Watching the Airplanes fly overhead in VR is impressive

* On some cars, including the BAC Mono, when you press the brake part the driver’s leg sinks and disappears through the seat to push the pedal. lol

* The Oscillation issue at “Route X” looks crazy in VR. I’m still on a controller ATM so no idea if there’s a way to remedy that. Feel like the cockpit is having a seizure or I’ve suddenly developed severe nystagmus

Last edited:
Brands Hatch is a track I usually don´t care for, but it´s a friggin TRIP in VR!

Fair warning though - It´s one of the tougher ones to stomach.
I've driven Brands Hatch for real in a few cars. The feeling in your stomach from PSVR 2 as you go through Paddock Hill bend is incredibly close to the feeling you get in real life the first few laps!

So day 3 review of PSVR2 and GT7 in VR.

This I want from Polyphony:

1. unlock my head from horizon I am not a chicken with a gyroscope head...

2. I need some way of getting info on the other drivers pitting strategy and time to people in front of me and behind me.

3. Increase the visual fidelty on distant object and reduce the ghosting effect.

4. loose the pancake vision all togheter when playing in VR.

5. stop repositioning my body each time I exit pancake mode and let me have the option to adjust my seat position.

6. pls pls keep on improving this game and the VR mode too :D

7. maybe add some rumbling effect to the VR headset so I can feel the road and car in the head too?

This I want from Sony:

1. Fix the bloody sound!!! there is no greater buzz killer to all this great stuff in VR then having the sound being so flat and hollow in regular stereo all the time I litteraly bought a 3D pulse headset because I thought It could improve the experience only to found out all sounds when using PSVR2 is in very flat stereo with absolutely no spatial feeling wut a huge buzzkill and directing the sound to my surround sound system had no effect either since the signal is in flat pcm!.

2. Some cushioned headband for the PSVR2 my forehead gets sore after about 30min

3. Pls increase the horse power on the ps5 somehow so we can get even better VR fidelity :)

This I want from Logitech:

1. Remake your pedalset for the g923 and add some haptic feedback in the pedals some rumbling would be nice :)

and in regard for the review on the psvr2 the headset is amazing and very crisp and clear image but it will depend on the game you play so try out kayak or other VR2 games and you will experience how amazing the visual quality of this headset really is :D
Number five. They need to do this in the next update.

Ok so VR definetly improved my skills in GT7 just did the chili race daytona maggior and suzuka all of which I have not played that much in pancake mode because of the struggle they gave me.....

So with almost no track experience and no aids to show me the apex or breakpoints I just beat them all for the first time without dropping a sweat!!

To be there in VR made a world of difference and the apex you just pick up quite naturally as you go along the track my victory at suzuka and maggior kinda took me by surprise :embarrassed:

I whish we had more chili races and more endurance races the AI feels so much better to battle against in the chili races in VR....

Number five. They need to do this in the next update.
Yup totally and the sound thing too the lack of spatial sound really takes alot away from this game :(

Last edited:
Aside from how GT7 is affected by VR2, the fact that this is essentially plug and play bodes very well for Sony, and the masses. There may be more ”top end” available with PCVR with mods and copious tweaking, but the relative simplicity (getting it dialed in and finding sweet spot notwithstanding) of getting it going can’t be ignored. The few games that are out now to showcase this add to the wow factor in various ways and I think (excluding global economic factors at the moment) this VR2 is a much needed evolution in the implementation of VR to attract many new users overall. That will benefit all of us as it will give the resources for further development and enhancement of this technology. I think this has the potential to expand the scope of this “niche” to more people.

On a side note: I’ve noticed how well the brain is able to tune out some things and incorporate others to facilitate immersion. I can almost feel the elevation changes in the track, given my wheel and VR2. In other games, such as Star Wars (only done the first couple of minutes) I forget about the limitations in my “room scale”.
For those on the fence about the PSVR2, consider the other games/experiences aside from GT7 and also that we are in essentially day 1 of this new system.

I’ll probably be hosting a VR party or two in the near future. There are many people in my circle that have not been exposed to this.
The elevation changes and track contours are on3 of the top highlights of VR. They are especially great on Grand Valley, Nordschleife, Spa, and Laguna Seca, among others.

Apparently the PSVR2 has a 110 degree field of view, which is far less than 180 degrees that humans have and not a whole lot more than the 80 degrees that we get with GT7 on a TV.

With that in mind, how “surrounded” do you really feel when looking straight on? I know you can turn your ahead to look around, but that’s different from seeing / sensing something in the corner of your eye.
It's a different animal altogether the sense of depth and immersion is absolutely light years ahead of staring at a tv

Regarding the sound, I read up before buying PSVR 2 to estimate whether I have to have a Pulse 3D headset. Turned out you don't, I read that you can use the PS5's 3D audio with any headset. Maybe it needs to be activated in a (PS) menu somewhere?

Last edited:
The VR Showrrom is must to do. Thanks to Kaz for at least making all cars explorable(?) in this mode. Clicking the Brand Central location and looking at any car, the Porsche LMPs. One understands why PD are meticulous with the details.
Have a gander at the Aston Martin D-Type if players don’t own it. Amazing detail in the driver’s seat where the bottom safety belt passes through and the worn steering wheel and the scuffs on the steering wheel spokes.
I don’t own the 330 P4, but holy smokes, I can appreciate it more, up close.

This feature alone can possibly bring back the appreciation of cars in this game. For GT7s flaws(MYX, grinding, lobbies, etc), this latest gem truly brings the focus back to the love of cars.
For only 600 DOLLARS!!!

I made this screenshot from a Youtube video.

For those who find the sound in GT7 to be flat and dull, can you please check whether you have 3D audio in your PS5 enabled? Additionally, the setting "adjust 3D audio profile" allows to change the intensity of the 3D effect, maybe you just need to turn it up a notch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230225_163446.jpg
    Screenshot_20230225_163446.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 13
For anyone finding it blurry, like I did, it’s getting better each day I play it. Maybe what’s been mentioned in this post about vergence-accommodation is true:

I found it hard to focus clearly on anything day 1, everything was blurry but if I closed one eye things were clear.

Last edited:
Regarding the sound, I read up before buying PSVR 2 to estimate whether I have to have a Pulse 3D headset. Turned out you don't, I read that you can use the PS5's 3D audio with any headset. Maybe it needs to be activated in a (PS) menu somewhere?
PSVR2 has built in Tempest 3D Audio, it works great with the earbuds and even better with the Pulse 3D, but apparently it works with any other headsets even if I never tried myself. Many people seem to misinterpret the fact that that you cannot access the settings with not being able to use it.
It's enabled by default and if you go to the "3D audio for headphones" menu with the PSVR2 turned on, you've got this:

DSC_0091.JPG

It's not easy to see in this photo but the option is greyed out while the slider is on the right. You cannot disable it while playing in VR.

Maybe the issue that people have with GT7 is that the game seems to use 3D audio the same way that it uses it on flat version and don't serm to take account of your head movements.

But if you try Runner or Horizon, the 3D audio feels great!

Last edited:
Man this thread moves fast! Does PSVR2 need it's own gtplanet section? Anyways someone was asking for a vid with no hud. It's a lot more immersive w/o HUD but it would be cool if we could push a button and have it toggle on and off in the race. Same with leaderboards. I imagine PD will be updating this experience for a long time in the future. It'll probably only get better.

BWX
Man this thread moves fast! Does PSVR2 need it's own gtplanet section? Anyways someone was asking for a vid with no hud. It's a lot more immersive w/o HUD but it would be cool if we could push a button and have it toggle on and off in the race. Same with leaderboards. I imagine PD will be updating this experience for a long time in the future. It'll probably only get better.

In my opinion, soooo much better looking without the HUD. I only play GT7 without the HUD on 2D Mode, imagine VR.

Something about that windscreen looks crazy good. I have a question to any VR user -

Do the cars still shake or vibrate? If you look stop you car on 2D mode, and have it idle, if you look closely on the cockpit view while looking behind you can notice the seats vibrate slighlty because of the engine. I'm not sure if this is a camera glitch or if the seats are truly vibrating (attention to detail), if they are, they will show the same in VR2. Soon I'll post a gif to show what I mean

Back