GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
BWX
I felt my stomach go through the floor the first few races. One thing not many people are talking about is the elevation you can see that you can't in 2D. Hills look like hills.. it's so weird. The Nordschleife is totally different animal now. There are slight inclines and declines that I had no idea were there in 2D. I can see the big ones, but it's the smaller ones that you can't see in 2D especially that are so obvious in VR, like in real life.
Funny Thing, i raced Interlagos in different games on PC and Console in the almost last 25 years and watched formula one races on that course for ages. Until now i thought it was an almost flat course and was highly surprised by VR on that track ( So was my stomach) 🤣

I am so happy for you all ………..But my head still feels dizzy and can’t play more than a lap…I am the only….?
You are not, but for me it gets better a bit each Day. I survived 5 laps in Spa in a Porsche today (Porsche Menü) Afterwards i directly tried the Nordschleife and almost finished the round, but after that i had to stop. 3 days ago i couldnt make one slow round around Grand Vallley.
And i still dont like the slow movement around the car in showroom while my body is not moving at All. And that after 2 years of playing on an Oculus Quest 2 almost everyday without any problems, but no racing games or first person shooters

Last edited:
BWX
I felt my stomach go through the floor the first few races. One thing not many people are talking about is the elevation you can see that you can't in 2D. Hills look like hills.. it's so weird. The Nordschleife is totally different animal now. There are slight inclines and declines that I had no idea were there in 2D. I can see the big ones, but it's the smaller ones that you can't see in 2D especially that are so obvious in VR, like in real life.

Funny Thing, i raced Interlagos in different games on PC and Console in the almost last 25 years and watched formula one races on that course for ages. Until now i thought it was an almost flat course and was highly surprised by VR on that track ( So was my stomach) 🤣
This is a big reason I’ve never really considered ANY of these games simulators, regardless of how good their physics are. The far flatter perspective makes so many things different and wrong. The first time I went to Spa years ago, I was shocked how steep Eau Rouge is. Neither the games I had played for years by then nor the TV broadcasts did it even remote justice. Same thing at the Ring, which until now has had its elevation changes grossly misrepresented by games.

Last edited:
Actually think scale is fine. Drove a lancer.
That actually seemed big.
The scale is a bit small. I sat in the Evo X in the game then went to my car and the interior seem to be 90-95% to scale in the game. Hopefully they allow it to be adjustable in future updates. Once you start driving, you don't notice. Sitting in other cars also doesn't affect me since I don't know how the interior is in those irl.

I believe you are seeing the ###### symbols because the number is too long for how wide the column is. Maybe try making the column wider and it should fix it?
This is as wide as I can make the column go manually. Autosizing, double clicking the column header border, size it back to the time values that have them displayed.

1677358005542.png

Do not disconnect your TV. Fire up the PS without powering up the PSVR. Go to Settings>>Screen and Video>>120 Hz Output. Turn this off.
Next, power on the VR2 and place your face in it. Go to Accessories>>PlayStation VR2>>Video Output. Set Output 120Hz Video to VR Headset and HDR Output to On.

Back out. Restart your PS5 and after it boots power up the VR and stick yer face back in it. Go back to Settings>>Screen and Video>>120 Hz Output. It'll be greyed out but it should still show as Off.

Not sure if that will fix whatever problem you're perceiving but it seemed to have smoothed out some of the whoopsies I was getting when my eyes don't seem to want to track around a sharp corner. What I mean here is, if I get lazy looking down/around track and let my eyes fall to a static, straight ahead state and go around a corner, even a slow one, I was getting a dizzy sensation. After changing those settings last night that seems to have moderated considerably.

On another note;
So far I've gotten through license IA-10 with the following results to my main account.
View attachment 1234523
Excel seems to do very weird 💩 with time formats when they go negative. Or something. Which is why there is another column with opposite subtraction direction and formatting. Only way I could figure out how to get both values to display.

Without doing S it appears I'm a second and half faster over all with VR. Will be running S here shortly.
It’s because you’re using the “1900 Date System” that negative date and time shows up like that.

Try under “Select File” go to “options” —- “Advanced” go to section that says “When calculating this workbook” and select “1904 date”
system”

I believe you can cheat it with another formula as well

Looking all of what it's happening with PSVR2 and GT7 I am starting to understand some Philosophical matters:

1. Most of us was really happy with their gear: a Wheel, proper gaming chair and so on. PSVR2 changed this status quo. FOREVER. We are starting to understand that there is another level of immersion, and the luckiest with no motion sickness at all are experiencing this "revolution". Yes, I know, many pro simdriver on Pc are playing Iracing even in official competitions with PC and Vr, but this is "for the masses" and, also, it's pretty beautiful compared to Iracing, visually speaking.
2. I was watching a new Resident evil remake trailer which will be released soon. The Graphics was great and normally I would be intrigued...but after having been in Costarica jungle with VR Kayak...or played GT7 or Moss II, well....everything changed. Flat games are no more interesting. And this, to me, is another revolution.
3. I would like to focus for a second on SONY Advertisements. They look gorgeous because they are taking what the TV sees, not our eyes. It's a subtle hoax, but yeah, it's an hoax. Everything Is so much smoother. I really like what I am experiencing, but...yeah....they showed something which is not real. And ZERO YouTubers told us that.
4. I am starting to think that this VR2 will be a great success.
5. I don't know if our eyes will be affected in the long term. I usually am much more tired after 30 minutes of VR compared to 5 hours of flat normal playing. But I can't wait to enter again in this new world every time!

Please note: sorry for the slight off topic. Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:
Looking all of what it's happening with PSVR2 and GT7 I am starting to understand some Philosophical matters:

1. Most of us was really happy with their gear: a Wheel, proper gaming chair and so on. PSVR2 changed this status quo. FOREVER. We are starting to understand that there is another level of immersion, and the luckiest with no motion sickness at all are experiencing this "revolution". Yes, I know, many pro simdriver on Pc are playing Iracing even in official competitions with PC and Vr, but this is "for the masses" and, also, it's pretty beautiful compared to Iracing, visually speaking.
2. I was watching a new Resident evil remake trailer which will be released soon. The Graphics was great and normally I would be intrigued...but after having been in Costarica jungle with VR Kayak...or played GT7 or Moss II, well....everything changed. Flat games are no more interesting. And this, to me, is another revolution.
3. I would like to focus for a second on SONY Advertisements. They look gorgeous because they are taking what the TV sees, not our eyes. It's a subtle hoax, but yeah, it's an hoax. Everything Is so much smoother. I really like what I am experiencing, but...yeah....they showed something which is not real. And ZERO YouTubers told us that.
5. I don't know if our eyes will be affected in the long term. I usually am much more tired after 30 minutes of VR compared to 5 hours of flat normal playing. But I can't wait to enter again in this new world every time!

You have no reason to apologize about your English.

That was a well-stated and thought-out post as well as being accurate.

One of my favorite things about this site, these forums, is that you get to interact with people all over the world

And with glasses dies it works?
Yes it works.

Edit.

I've completed my new account play through. Finished menu 39 a few minutes ago. It has been an epic experience in VR. It's taken me twice as long as my original play through.

Last edited:
Do not disconnect your TV. Fire up the PS without powering up the PSVR. Go to Settings>>Screen and Video>>120 Hz Output. Turn this off.
Next, power on the VR2 and place your face in it. Go to Accessories>>PlayStation VR2>>Video Output. Set Output 120Hz Video to VR Headset and HDR Output to On.

Back out. Restart your PS5 and after it boots power up the VR and stick yer face back in it. Go back to Settings>>Screen and Video>>120 Hz Output. It'll be greyed out but it should still show as Off.
Thank you for this information. I'm finally back upstairs and I'm going to try it now.
Funny Thing, i raced Interlagos in different games on PC and Console in the almost last 25 years and watched formula one races on that course for ages. Until now i thought it was an almost flat course and was highly surprised by VR on that track
I'm glad you posted this because I never thought about trying that track. I didn't really see interlagos as a track with a lot of elevation changes

Psvr2 is mindblowing good, played both gran turismo 7 and resident evil village both has completly blown me away, it looks very good to me almost reallife like, the vr showroom in gt7 is an outstanding feature, for me this is the best experince i had in racing game ever😍
I gave up on Resident Evil, after “running“(if that’s even called running :lol:) past the dead ravens and I entered that cabin. The tutorial was already showing me death was in my future,... Nope.:lol:

Playing GT7 in VR has refreshed my whole experience! Just driving on the different tracks alone is just amazing and when you add all the cars it like a completely new game! Just raced on Laguna Seca and I always like the track but now I love it Omg! The corkscrew section is amazing, and playing it on the flat screen does it no justice at all… it’s like the road disappears. I only use cockpit view and still it cannot compare to what you get with the VR experience. I said it before and I’ll say it again, VR is amazing and a game changer!!

It is indeed very hard to go back to pancake, especially in sim racing. It's precisely this sentiment that spawned the #NoVRnoBuy army in PC sim racing.

They are an annoying and at times a disrespectful lot, but now you probably at least understand why VR is so important to any sim racer that has tried it.

With this successful GT7 implementation PD has blown the doors wide open for console VR racing. If CodeRemasters announces WRC 23 without VR, just watch the outroar.

I will respond to your philosophical matters with another one: if a future racing game you are interested in does not have VR support, would that be the deciding factor for you deciding not to buy it?

I have lots of experience in PCVR, but GT7 and PS VR2 have caused me to delete ACC, WRCG and DakarDR. I don't see the point in playing them anymore. I tried to run my latest WRCG club event in pancake and even cinema mode on the HMD, but it's not the same. I just didn't want to do it. It doesn't make sense to me to mess around with pancake racers anymore.

It's almost like a curse.

Last edited:
It’s because you’re using the “1900 Date System” that negative date and time shows up like that.

Try under “Select File” go to “options” —- “Advanced” go to section that says “When calculating this workbook” and select “1904 date”
system”

I believe you can cheat it with another formula as well
I don't know why there's no "love" emoticon for tagging other's posts, but I could like this about 1,000 times. You already know, that fixed it! :cheers:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: There's almost a case. If there were a whisky emoticon I use those too.🥃 found one that's close.🍸🍹🍺🥂 There's a few others if whisky or beer ain't your thing.

I get stuck at this step because I'm able to set the output to 120 but the HDR output I cannot set to "On" because it's grayed out

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Not real sure. Can you post a pic off the Screen and Video settings? I'll compare to what I have and see if anything is different.

It is indeed very hard to go back to pancake, especially in sim racing. It's precisely this sentiment that spawned the #NoVRnoBuy army in PC sim racing.

They are an annoying and at times a disrespectful lot, but now you probably at least understand why VR is so important to any sim racer that has tried it.

With this successful GT7 implementation PD has blown the doors wide open for console VR racing. If CodeRemasters announces WRC 23 without VR, just watch the outroar.

I will respond to your philosophical matters with another one: if a future racing game you are interested in does not have VR support, would that be the deciding factor for you deciding not to buy it?

I have lots of experience in PCVR, but GT7 and PS VR2 have caused me to delete ACC, WRCG and DakarDR. I don't see the point in playing them anymore. I tried to run my latest WRCG club event in pancake and even cinema mode on the HMD, but it's not the same. I just didn't want to do it. It doesn't make sense to me to mess around with pancake racers anymore.

Exactly my sentiments now, too. This has ruined every other racing game I own, including F1 and ACC—and I love those games. I saw an interview somewhere not long ago with the Codemasters F1 guys and they said no VR planned for the 2023 game. I hope they plan to make it happen for 2024. A fully licensed grid of F1 cars in VR will be the ultimate culmination for me, if it ever happens. If it doesn’t, I’m not going to play much F1 anymore, sadly.
Same goes for AC2, but I kinda assume Kunos is smart enough to implement VR there, especially as it has already done so in the past with PC and it’s developing the new game from the ground up with console in mind from the jump this time.

Last edited:
You have no reason to apologize about your English.

That was a well-stated and thought-out post as well as being accurate.

One of my favorite things about this site, these forums, is that you get to interact with people all over the world
Thank you so much! Me too, it's so cool to interact from people all over the world and also, if I may, feel united, like instant-friends with the same passions.

EXACTLY. Like a curse. I really LOVED the graphics of F1 2022 and everyday I was saying "if I will be tired of GT7, I will start seriously playing this". But now.....The only thing that makes me think I will stay stuck in flat tv it's motion sickness. But i strongly hope my brain will start to get used. It's my biggest wish within the disappearance of Mr. Berlusconi.
To answer your question: I own also an xbox x and I was looking forward to buy the next Forza Motorsport (I also bought the Mc laren wheel for it, and btw don't know anymore if this wheel is better than my gran turismo DD for playing in GT7, can't see many differencies). Now that VR is in town, it's so hard to await flat stuff.

Exactly my sentiments now, too. This has ruined every other racing game I own, including F1 and ACC—and I love those games. I saw an interview somewhere not long ago with the Codemasters F1 guys and they said no VR planned for the 2023 game. I hope they plan to make it happen for 2024. A fully licensed grid of F1 cars in VR will be the ultimate culmination for me, if it ever happens. If it doesn’t, I’m not going to play much F1 anymore, sadly.
Same goes for AC2, but I kinda assume Kunos is smart enough to implement VR there, especially as it has already done so in the past with PC and it’s developing the new game from the ground up with console in mind from the jump this time.
We are cursed now ;).

Last edited:
And with glasses dies it works?
It works. But I wasn’t impressed. For me second session I put contact lenses (which I usually only wear when surfing) on, and I much preferred that.

Light leakage caused by the glasses arms was a bit of an issue.

But the bigger one was that it seems like the closer you can get the displays to your eyes the bigger the ‘sweet spot’ is, not to mention the field of view. And wearing glasses means this displays are a lot further away than ideal.

Now that I’ve had the headset a few days I will have another go with my glasses tonight, because it would be much more convenient for me if I could just wear glasses. But I suspect I’ll be in contacts for now. Hopefully prescription inserts will work for me, but I’m even a bit dubious about that, given they’ll still mean the lenses are pushed back.

Last edited:
Raced my zGt4 Supra in the Autopolis WTC700. Just incredible wheel to wheel and bumper to bumper action with the AI. Yeah, it’s an easy win, but moving through the field, pit stops, changing weather, all in 10 Laps. So good.

Jumping in the Super Silhouette for the Neo-Classic races. It’s on like popcawn.

Tried today for the first time.

First off, it's awesome.

Second, I was pretty disappointed with the graphics.

I know it's Vr and I wasn't expecting anything close to what we get on our regular screens but after reading nothing but absolutely gleaming reviews of the vr+gt7 setup I couldn't help but notice the shocking low resolution and blur of the cars I was chasing.

This foveated rendering stuff... I wasn't noticing any of that in effect and if it were an actual thing I can't help but think it would have surely been working overtime to render the ****in cars I was chasing down the track!

Anyway, I was still impressed but I think a lot of people are in the honeymoon stage just now with the shiny new thing they just paid £550 for and it's only a matter of time before the bubble burts. Hopefully the game sees some performance updates .

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried today for the first time.

First off, it's awesome.

Second, I was pretty disappointed with the graphics.

I know it's Vr and I wasn't expecting anything close to what we get on our regular screens but after reading nothing but absolutely gleaming reviews of the vr+gt7 setup I couldn't help but notice the shocking low resolution and blur of the cars I was chasing.

This foveated rendering stuff... I wasn't noticing any of that in effect and if it were an actual thing I can't help but think it would have surely been working overtime to render the ****in cars I was chasing down the track!

Anyway, I was still impressed but I think a lot of people are in the honeymoon stage just now with the shiny new thing they just paid £550 for and it's only a matter of time before the bubble burts. Hopefully the game sees some performance updates .
Wouldn't jump to a conclusion like I did so fast till you maybe have it set up properly , easy too not get the right picture, defo was not going too look like a 4k tv.

do anyone else get a kinda funky vision after a whole day of doing VR laps?? it feels a bit like I see the whole world through the VR headset right now and my eyes do not focus correctly?? :embarrassed:
I spent a lot of time last night and early this morning driving in GT7 and shortly before I left to run some errands this afternoon. I felt “weird” driving my car to the store. It wasn’t motion sickness or anything. I can’t pin it down, but I wasn’t myself. I guess my mind/body was still “connected” to my sim rig and VR2.

I spent a lot of time last night and early this morning driving in GT7 and shortly before I left to run some errands this afternoon. I felt “weird” driving my car to the store. It wasn’t motion sickness or anything. I can’t pin it down, but I wasn’t myself. I guess my mind/body was still “connected” to my sim rig and VR2.
IT's a real thing, your brain adapts to the artificial depth and overtime it gets fooled into thinking that is reality, and you switch back to real depth and it takes time to adjust

Wouldn't jump to a conclusion like I did so fast till you maybe have it set up properly , easy too not get the right picture, defo was not going too look like a 4k tv.
Not jumping to conclusions fella.

I'm aware with a little more faffing about I could probably get the focus better but a super low resolution image is what it is.

Digital foundry videos will soon show this, I expect.

Latest Posts

Back