GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
and GT sport don't support PSVR2 either......

Question to all the racesimmers on here can you explain to me why more torque in a FFB wheel is better??

I got my first wheel ever last month I settled on the Logitech G923 because of price and the trueforce thingy and it find it quite adequit in the torque department in fact the first couple of weeks my arms was kinda sore of all the struggling....

and the Trueforce is quite amazing too it makes my whole simrig vibrate so tons of information on grip and surface and such...

But now that I also got VR for gt7 I was thinking about if another wheel maybe could add to the immersion more so then the one I allready have??? :embarrassed:

but the other wheels don't have trueforce for instance so how are they gonna improve the immersion and more torque will just make it feel like if I drive a tractor??

I dunno if PD did it on purpose so soon after the VR launch but when I saw the MP-4/4 back in the Legends dealer two nights ago, bought that mofo with the quickness this time. Haven’t been able to play yesterday or today but it’s coming, baby.
I have 99 cars in my garage. Only a handful more I REALLY care about obtaining as far the game’s car roster stands as of today. Need the 25th Countach, F40, 962 and Sauber C9.
I’ll get plenty more cars, of course, but there’s nothing else I’m truly Jonesing for at the moment.

Last edited:
I dunno of PD did it on purpose so soon after the VR launch but when I saw the MP-4/4 back in the Legends dealer two nights ago, bought that mofo with the quickness this time. Haven’t been able to play yesterday or today but it’s coming, baby.
I have 99 cars in my garage. Only a handful more I REALLY care about obtaining as far the game’s car roster stands as of today. Need the 25th Countach, F40, 962 and Sauber C9.
I’ll get plenty more cars, of course, but there’s nothing else I’m truly Jonesing for at the moment.
The F40 is amazingly fun to drive!! and also the 25th countach :)

Ya, I need those to come back freaking asap. Wish I had bought them previously 🙄
I honestly don't understand why they implemeted this car rotation system and with such HUGE waiting time??? If you wanna keep people engaged in your game making them wait 6 months for a car they like might make them wanna drop the game alltogheter and the fomo thing that is just bad....

Alrighty. Booted up my alt as that has cars I don’t have in my main account. The 917K. Great googamooga!

The view out the front is crazy low. Cabin is bright, but the Canopy is tight. Really cool to get a feel of how much space are in the doors.
The 911 GT1 is perfect. I mean, I never seen one in the metal, but I can tell it’s a choice ride.

Main thing I noticed when setting up the VR for that account. Resolution Is noticeably way better than in my main account. I’ll see about redoing the set up.

Just got my psvr2 on launch day. So far so good. I don't think I'll ever play gt7 without going forward. Some minor gripes here and there. Mainly graphics issues, slight but noticeable grainy texture. No big deal though you get used to it. One major issue however. I wear glasses 2hrs into my VR journey i removed the headset and noticed that both my glasses and vr lenses were scuffed up pretty badly. I have been trying desperately trying to buff out those scuff marks from the headset with "polywatch". Unfortunately the scuff marks are too deep and won't go away. Does anyone know if scuff marks or scratches are covered under sonys warranty? If it is not covered i don't mind paying a repair fee. I read somewhere sony charges $100 to get the lenses replaced. Anyone else experience this before?
Maybe return it as defective? If you ordered it direct from Sony there's a 14 day period where you can send it back. Risky because they won't send your replacement until after they get yours back, but maybe worth the risk. Or you could order a second one first and then just return yours. Again risky, they might look and decide it was your fault and not refund your money.

EDIT: I see others already suggested this, as well as the warranty option. Personally I'd still go for the return option since it's so new, they advertise it as usable with glasses but I don't recall any warnings about scuffing up the lenses. Maybe it was there somewhere in the fine print though.

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand why they implemeted this car rotation system and with such HUGE waiting time??? If you wanna keep people engaged in your game making them wait 6 months for a car they like might make them wanna drop the game alltogheter and the fomo thing that is just bad....
Yeah that ish is wild, man. I also just went to buy the Enzo and realized you need an invitation. This stuff is maddening. I’m a long way from being 12 years old—I have zero interest in the “excitement” PD seems to think comes with a car suddenly becoming available in one way or the other. It’s beyond stupid. Kaz needs to realize this thing is still a damn game and not real life. Make a separate game if you want to have a Car Collector Simulator FFS. Even dumber, there’s barely any reward for collecting cars. I’m at collector level 50 and you get nothing for it? The hell is the point? Maybe there’s some update planned where one day you’ll finally get something for your efforts there 🤷‍♂️
Alrighty. Booted up my alt as that has cars I don’t have in my main account. The 917K. Great googamooga!

The view out the front is crazy low. Cabin is bright, but the Canopy is tight. Really cool to get a feel of how much space are in the doors.
The 911 GT1 is perfect. I mean, I never seen one in the metal, but I can tell it’s a choice ride.

Main thing I noticed when setting up the VR for that account. Resolution Is noticeably way better than in my main account. I’ll see about redoing the set up.
Damn, I forgot I also need the 917 and 911 GT1, too 🤣

Last edited:
Does anyone play with a wired on-ear or over-ear headset plugged into the 3.5 mm jack on the PSVR 2? I wonder whether the additional cable brings too much hassle.

Question to all the racesimmers on here can you explain to me why more torque in a FFB wheel is better??

I got my first wheel ever last month I settled on the Logitech G923 because of price and the trueforce thingy and it find it quite adequit in the torque department in fact the first couple of weeks my arms was kinda sore of all the struggling....

and the Trueforce is quite amazing too it makes my whole simrig vibrate so tons of information on grip and surface and such...

But now that I also got VR for gt7 I was thinking about if another wheel maybe could add to the immersion more so then the one I allready have??? :embarrassed:

but the other wheels don't have trueforce for instance so how are they gonna improve the immersion and more torque will just make it feel like if I drive a tractor??
I went from the 923 to the logitecg g pro racing wheel which also uses trueforce. And it feels truly amazing. Part that you got a DD wheel there AND that it has improved trueforce.

Last edited:
Does anyone play with a wired on-ear or over-ear headset plugged into the 3.5 mm jack on the PSVR 2? I wonder whether the additional cable brings too much hassle.
I use a set of KZ DQ6 (recommended somewhere back on this thread) and the sound quality is a big step up from the supplied ear buds. I have coiled the wire along the underside of the rear part of the headset and used a bit of duct tape to keep it in place, not particualrly elegant but it does the job

I use a set of KZ DQ6 (recommended somewhere back on this thread) and the sound quality is a big step up from the supplied ear buds. I have coiled the wire along the underside of the rear part of the headset and used a bit of duct tape to keep it in place, not particualrly elegant but it does the job
Yeah, lots of people say that the supplied earbuds' sound is mediocre. But your KZs are earbuds as well, which probably are generally easier to handle than headband headphones. I'd like to use wired over-ear headphones with the PSVR 2, but I am worried that all the gear and cabling will be a mess.

I have borrowed the G923 from a friend of mine. Which settings do you use for GT 7 with the G923?

Yeah, lots of people say that the supplied earbuds' sound is mediocre. But your KZs are earbuds as well, which probably are generally easier to handle than headband headphones. I'd like to use wired over-ear headphones with the PSVR 2, but I am worried that all the gear and cabling will be a mess.
I used a set of the old PS Gold headphones with the PSVR1 (back in the day!) and purchased a 0.5m 3.5mm-3.5mm cable with no issues. If the headphones already have a cable (as most do)maybe use a cable tie or similar to loop up the excess?

I have borrowed the G923 from a friend of mine. Which settings do you use for GT 7 with the G923?
According to this source SimRacingSetup

FFB Torque: 4
FFB Sensitivity:4

Hi Everybody, second day playing. So far FLAT VS. VR.
PERSONAL OPINIONS

1. IMMERSION: VR. No comparison
2. GRAPHICS: FLAT. No comparison
3. SPEED: FLAT. I have a Fanatec DD Gran Turismo. So far unfortunately Flat, by far
4. SENSE OF SPEEDNESS: FLAT
5. HEALTH: FLAT. Zero troubles with Flat, some with VR, so to me FLAT
6. FUN: VR
7. SIMULATION: VR

4 FLAT - 3 VR

What do you think? Which is your chart?

Last edited:
PERSONAL OPINIONS

3. SPEED: FLAT. I have a Fanatec DD Gran Turismo. So far unfortunately Flat, by far

4 FLAT - 3 VR

For number 3 do you mean your lap times?

Assuming that, for me it's 7 to 1 in favor of VR (#4 being a tie as I didn't notice any difference). I'm also including 3D as part of graphics in my mind, but I could be swayed to give a point back to flat for that if we're strictly going of pixel count and fidelity. My 4K TV definitely is sharper. Either way landslide for VR and it has ruined flat racing for me. I can't go back. #NoVRnoBuy

For number 3 do you mean your lap times?

Assuming that, for me it's 7 to 1 in favor of VR (#4 being a tie as I didn't notice any difference). I'm also including 3D as part of graphics in my mind, but I could be swayed to give a point back to flat for that if we're strictly going of pixel count and fidelity. My 4K TV definitely is sharper. Either way landslide for VR and it has ruined flat racing for me. I can't go back. #NoVRnoBuy
Fair enough and I agree with you..but the keyword here is "ruined". VR GT7 ruined my game. I was so happy, I Bought chair, two wheels, and now VR Shows me how it could be...but it's far from perfect. Blurry, downgraded, Oled lens can't keep the pace with speediness...It's like a "I would like it but I can't afford it" as we say in Italy.
Note: yes, for "speed" I mean that I am faster with flat so far.

Last edited:
Wanted to share some of this In case anyone finds helpful… Sorry I started writing this yesterday so not sure if this has all been addressed since then.

Removing Glare/Smearing etc…

So, when my PSVR2 arrived I felt fairly confident I saw some small smudging on couple parts of the lenses’ peripherals. It looked like a factory worker assembled it “barehands”, leaving residue.

Before trying anything, please read for yourself first and follow only what you get directly from Sony. For God Sakes though, only use the correct materials, don’t improvise and pay attention to all of the cautions. https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/ps-vr2-care-maintenance/

Regarding any Optics or sensitive components I’m of the belief “If its not broken, don’t fix it”. I don’t clean lenses or anything similar from my camera, projector, scopes, Binos, spotter, etc.. unless they need to be cleaned, sometimes that’s just dust removal and doesn’t require touching. Obviously these don’t have the same delicate coatings, but it’s a delicate device and portions that require perfect alignment are set in thin plastic. Other than using fresnel type lenses I have no idea what’s there, including coatings and I plan to treat it with baby gloves.

Before touching, I was diligent to first remove any dust so it wouldn’t scratch. With an external light, I could visualize the “smudged” areas and used a brand new (for Optics, without any pile) microcloth (VERY lightly) which quickly removed oils or whatever was on the lens. I was also careful not to touch any of the adjoining crevices or plastic to not pick up new contaminants. I considered using dedicated Lens Paper but last minute changed my mind

Voila, all issues unrelated to alignment were gone. For me, this was mostly just the outer portions. When the VR2 went back on, It was noticeable correction.

I also have the problem, with the headset asking me to scan my room every time I put it on. Its pretty annoying.

Its also irritating having to press and hold options every time I get in a car to simulate moving the seat position. If I don't do that I am placed way to much forward in the car, I can't even see the mirror's.

Other than that I am having a blast using this thing. I have for a long time thought about buying a heafty gaming PC, but now I think I will stick with this for like 1/6 the cost of what the PC alone would cost.
@notarjy & @klondike

I think others may have mentioned the scan issue as well, doesn’t sound right to me… On day 7 now and I’ve never been asked to rescan my room

I’m not sure how others did their initial setup but this is how I started:

- I stood up facing one way and turned and tilted by head around to every spot I could… including along floor and the ceiling.

- I then continued the same pattern bit by bit until I swept a 360 degrees circle around my room, again floor to ceiling, including furniture covered in as many of the “green triangles” that I could. My room is irregular shape and open to other areas…

- After it gave me the chance to stop, I believe I continued going over areas until I felt like everything was covered better. I may have taken a couple steps and reposition myself

* When I setup the “Temporary” play area for use:

* I lean slightly forward at first screen when you can see the circle only below you. Height wise, I setup somewhere in the middle, to give myself room to sit taller or slouch a little to change the height of my position if I want with small movements.

* After confirming, and it creates the floor to ceiling “column” I lean back to check how far back I can go in the “play area”

Regarding the placement on the head:

I’ve seen a few people mention about having either the strap tight or the unit “sitting” hard on the bridge of their nose. I haven’t had this issue… I don’t know if head shape affects the way its supposed to fit

For me:
The strap is fairly low on the head (where our skull contours back inwards) so the unit balances on the front/top of the forehead rather than having pressure applied on the actual “headset” which is for the most part just “floating” in front of me. The weight appears to balance by pulling upward with light tension on the lower back of head, like an anchor point, and downward again on top of forehead… like a shelf bracket, where the weight pushes down on the front while pulling up and in on the back.

Last edited:
Lap times for far between the two modes on Race C:

1:49.6 pancake vs 1:51.3 VR.

I think ultimately VR will just be faster and there isn't anything that pancake can really do about it though. The main culprit when it comes to VR being slower right now is that you don't want to crash in VR. So you don't push your limits like you do in pancake. I crashed the GT twice and as soon as I felt it get loose I closed my eyes and put my head down until it was over. But T1 and the bridge turn in VR are just night and day faster to me because I can actually see them. My issue in VR is that I feared the tunnel and especially that high speed section with the eagles watching you commit microcentimeter penalties.

I can do maybe 10-15 laps right now and have to stop as I still get woozy. But much better than when I started where I couldn't do a single lap. Still haven't tried Nurb or Laguna again.

Lap times for far between the two modes on Race C:

1:49.6 pancake vs 1:51.3 VR.

I think ultimately VR will just be faster and there isn't anything that pancake can really do about it though. The main culprit when it comes to VR being slower right now is that you don't want to crash in VR. So you don't push your limits like you do in pancake. I crashed the GT twice and as soon as I felt it get loose I closed my eyes and put my head down until it was over. But T1 and the bridge turn in VR are just night and day faster to me because I can actually see them. My issue in VR is that I feared the tunnel and especially that high speed section with the eagles watching you commit microcentimeter penalties.

I can do maybe 10-15 laps right now and have to stop as I still get woozy. But much better than when I started where I couldn't do a single lap. Still haven't tried Nurb or Laguna again.
I am 1.58 VR 1.53 Flat. I agree that you slow down to not feel the "consequences", but wow that's so fun!! to Spin or go through a wall! - I agree also on the sickness. I can't do more than 10 laps, and my god after I feel like somebody punched me in the face.

One thing I have noticed while wearing the headset with glasses while in some menus the brightness causes lens flare in the glasses, I initially thought this was smudging on the VR lens. This goes away during racing.

I am 1.58 VR 1.53 Flat. I agree that you slow down to not feel the "consequences", but wow that's so fun!! to Spin or go through a wall! - I agree also on the sickness. I can't do more than 10 laps, and my god after I feel like somebody punched me in the face.
That too. I remember in the Matrix when Morpheus tells Neo "the mind makes it real". That's kind of how I feel as well. My body feels tired. I'm breathing different. "Recovering" if you will. It's going to take time. No one talks about how your body feels afterwards.

That too. I remember in the Matrix when Morpheus tells Neo "the mind makes it real". That's kind of how I feel as well. My body feels tired. I'm breathing different. "Recovering" if you will. It's going to take time. No one talks about how your body feels afterwards.
I am. I am feeling tired, really tired, after 10 laps. My eyes are soaring a little, my head is in pieces. It was wonderful, but really consuming. Every time I need 10 hours to recover completely. It was incredible to loose contact with the asphalt and spin, helmet started vibrating, I felt in a real car, for real!!! But it's devastating. If I will not adapt, unfortunately I will have to quit Gt7 Vr experience. I strongly feel the issue is the blurriness and not enough computing horse power.

I may be the poster boy for this explanation.

I am extremely prone to motion sickness and my wife told me I was making a big mistake getting this.

I've been shocked that I'm able to drive about 45 minutes to an hour with no motion sickness at all. I didn't know why. Now, it makes sense.
I imagine you drive correctly, always looking ahead to the horizon line down track or at the next apex. Focusing on visual markers like that helps to alleviate motion sickness as does the persistence of a cockpit in the foreground.

It's sort of like driving a real car. Driving, my eyes are forward and I'm fine. Meanwhile, my daughter is looking out the window and at her phone getting car sick.

I’m there! Started off feeling pretty ill after about 5 minutes driving last Wednesday, a week later and I can play for an hour easily and matching my best lap times on the course + car combos I know best (Sardegna + 787B). In fact the last full speed corner of Sardegna is way easier to anticipate in VR. Doing the Sophy races in VR, and it’s good fun seeing a purple thing bouncing around in my mirrors :-D

I find VR much more intense than flat screen play. You feel much more 'there' and like you're physically involved in driving the car. I typically tend to do a few races then take a break, or perhaps a 30 / 60 minute race and then take the headset off and menu surf for a bit.

Having a fan on is really nice for keeping yourself cool, I never did this with PCVR and the Oculus would get really warm on my face, would always finish a race sweating, whereas now it's actually quite comfortable with the PSVR2.

Interestingly last night I wasn't really feeling like the full on VR assault to the senses, so I thought I'd just do a 'quick' race on the flat screen using the controller. I don't quite have enough for the Mclaren MP4/4 so thought what the hell, I'll do a quick Le Mans 30 minutes.

It was a very different experience, not a bad one as such, and actually quite relaxing compared to VR with a wheel, but it felt very much like a game, I didn't really feel overly engaged or excited about driving the car, I wasn't bothered about braking points or driving well, it was just making the pixels on the screen do what was needed to earn some credits. Perhaps this is how normal people who don't love cars feel playing racing games :lol:

PERSONAL OPINIONS

4 FLAT - 3 VR

1. VR. Goes without saying.
2. FLAT. To VR's credit, day / night feels better as it's all encompassing, even in a bright room, and the brightness of the sun / headlights is far better in VR.
3. VR. I'm much more consistent, so ultimately am faster and it feels much easier to be that fast and the racing line feels more obvious.
4. VR. Tokyo Expressway Circuit Experience was actually fun and exciting due to the sense of speed. No comparison for me.
5. Draw. No trouble at all with VR, have had my VR legs for years, no trouble with flat either.
6. VR. I play sim games to emulate the fun of driving a car. VR does that much better, so is more fun. The AI is much more fun to race too, as they feel more real.
7. VR. There's so much more information in VR, weight transfer is far better communicated (Wobble 2 cockpit cam is similar but limited) and the oversteer / understeer far easier to 'feel' (see...)

5 - 1 to VR for me, and I couldn't care less about the graphics anyway really, they're more than good enough and I'm fine with that. I'd also be fine with it just running at 60fps. I know it helps with motion sickness, but I'd like the option, because I have the VR legs for it and it'd stop the ghosting.

I've never used VR, so I don't have much of a clue. I saw a video on youtube saying that the GT7 image in VR is comparable to 720p. Can anyone confirm if this is the case? 720p, if that's what it is, to me it looks pretty sharp

Ícone Verificada pela comunidade

I recommended them, hope you like em. This is how I deal with the cables

Attachments

• PXL_20230228_160618483.jpg
    PXL_20230228_160618483.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 15
I've never used VR, so I don't have much of a clue. I saw a video on youtube saying that the GT7 image in VR is comparable to 720p. Can anyone confirm if this is the case? 720p, if that's what it is, to me it looks pretty sharp

View attachment 1235329
Probably watched Kireth video, it not quit like that, the quality in the cars interior is pretty good not 4K, but outside the cars cabin it's not as sharp and hard to read markers, so it not simple to explain as reducing the image quality for everything down to 720p.

Back