GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,839 comments
BWX
I tried those Zeiss wet wipes. I see weird purple reflections I never saw before and a slight haze that won't go away even after using a brand new dry Zeiss microfiber cloth. It's not terrible, they're not ruined or anything, but IMO they definitely mess with the coating. If you haven't already, I wouldn't use them if you have any reservations about it at all.
Mmm. You could be right. A thing i hadnt thought of was that i now have VR Optician lens inserts, which could be made of glass, as distinct from the headset lenses. The lens inserts are made by Zeiss themselves so are very unlikely to be damaged by Zeiss wipes.

My recommendation to anyone wearing glasses would be to get a set to protect your headset lenses and not have to worry about wearing glasses in VR. VR Optician also make clear non-prescription inserts for people with perfect vision who just want something to protect their headset.

BWX
It's also going to suck if when PS5 Pro comes out and there is no performance or image quality updates for GT7 PSVR2.
Sure will, but what changes there are I reckon will be minimal :-( FWIW, I'd be forever happy to play GT7 or its successors on the current headset, without any improvements to the clarity for HUD.

Yeah, I'd like them, but I'd be happy just to see VR2 continued support by Sony and PD. GT7 is enough for me.

I hope that with the massive boost in sales with the discount, Sony will reconsider their strategy with PSVR2

We deserve to have other racing games with this product on PS5

And question to the users, on GT7 how do you turn off the display of the MFD ? Is there any bouton to press ?

Last edited:
BWX
Yeah it's pretty good as is, but if there's an upgrade in visuals in VR, I'd upgrade to a Pro for sure!
I just want 2 things - a little bit better quality/resolution, that can be achieved with a more powerful console for sure, and the option to customize the HUD a bit, to show the leaderboard during the race, that's just a software update on PD's side. I would be delighted with those 2 improvements and enjoy this even more.

I just want 2 things - a little bit better quality/resolution, that can be achieved with a more powerful console for sure, and the option to customize the HUD a bit, to show the leaderboard during the race, that's just a software update on PD's side. I would be delighted with those 2 improvements and enjoy this even more.
Yeah me too actually, that would be amazing. And one other thing.. 90hz without reprojection, maybe even 120hz w/o reprojection. That would be sweet, PS5 Pro might just be able to do that. We can dream! LOL

I hope that with the massive boost in sales with the discount, Sony will reconsider their strategy with PSVR2

We deserve to have other racing games with this product on PS5

And question to the users, on GT7 how do you turn off the display of the MFD ? Is there any bouton to press ?
You just go into options and turn off the HUD completely. I think it's all or nothing. Haven't messed with it in a while though, I usually just leave it on.

Last edited:
I don't find any particular discount, where did you find it ?
Not in continental Europe:

I was wondering if the foveated rendering is enabled while not racing. If I move my eyes from the point straight in front, everything remains blurry, instead of getting focused as I would have thought it would do with FR. When I turn my head to look a something on the sides, it becomes clear.

I was wondering if the foveated rendering is enabled while not racing. If I move my eyes from the point straight in front, everything remains blurry, instead of getting focused as I would have thought it would do with FR. When I turn my head to look a something on the sides, it becomes clear.
It might happen in VR Replay.. and VR showroom or whatever it's called. But I don't think it does in menus and replays.

Finally... got the Globular Cluster V2 delivered today. Have to install it still, but looks like it'll be very comfortable.
The stock forehead pad must be wearing out or something, making it really uncomfortable on my forehead lately.

IMG_5986.JPEG

BWX
Finally... got the Globular Cluster V2 delivered today. Have to install it still, but looks like it'll be very comfortable.
The stock forehead pad must be wearing out or something, making it really uncomfortable on my forehead lately.

View attachment 1382408
That is my fav purchase of 2024. I'm sure you'll love it like I do.

Jerome

BWX

View attachment 1382408
I ordered mine the same day as my PSVR2. From all the reviews I had seen, it was a must buy. You'll love it. It's WAY more comfortable.

BWX

View attachment 1382408
Amazon shows mine will be delivered tomorrow. Status bar says it hasn't even shipped yet though so, we'll see.

Those of you who are just getting into PSVR2, will be glad to hear when you first get it, you WILL struggle to get into (and maintain) the "sweet spot", but after installing the Globular Cluster (I swear, it still sounds like a medical condition to me....lol) you will have a far easier time. After getting it adjusted, how you like it, you will be able to just throw it on, and hit the spot with little to no adjustment. These days I can put on the headset, and be gaming within a minute. It's a lovely bit of kit. You won't be disappointed with the headset, or the Cluster. Happy gaming, folks.

....im getting old, how am I just now seeing/learning about this?

Just ordered:cheers:
I heard about it a long time ago, but was fine with the stock setup for quite a while. But lately I think my forehead pad is getting worn out or something, like when an old bicycle seat gets worn, it doesn't necessarily look any different but the padding breaks down and it gets a little harder, and more uncomfortable. Lately my forehead is sore after a couple hours of racing so this should help with that a ton! I've always been able to get the sweet spot locked in, but people say this Globular Cluster mod helps with that too.

LOL @ the velcro happy face 😆

IMG_5987.JPEG

I went with the gray cloth rear pad and the black cloth front gel pad and used the top strap to start. Feels comfortable just trying it on. Need to test it out now. Installation was quick and easy.

IMG_5988.JPEG

IMG_5989.JPEG

IMG_5990.JPEG

Notice that little black square on the right side on the bottom rear head strap.. That's a stick-on car / motorcycle wheel weight to offset weight of cable. I've had that on there for about 6 months and it helps offset cord pulling down on only the left side of goggles.

BWX

View attachment 1382608

I went with the gray cloth rear pad and the black cloth front gel pad and used the top strap to start. Feels comfortable just trying it on. Need to test it out now. Installation was quick and easy.

View attachment 1382609

View attachment 1382610

View attachment 1382611
Notice that little black square on the right side on the bottom rear head strap.. That's a stick-on car / motorcycle wheel weight to offset weight of cable. I've had that on there for about 6 months and it helps offset cord pulling down on only the left side of goggles.
Seems like a very clever idea with this sticker!

BWX

View attachment 1382608

View attachment 1382609

View attachment 1382610

View attachment 1382611
I use the grey cloth on the front but stuck with the rubber pad for the back.

The biggest issue I have these days in my racing seat pushes my head forward now with the VR headset (how do racing seats work with helmets?). It's not bad as I can still sit in the seat for hours but it is kind of a bad posture...

I use the grey cloth on the front but stuck with the rubber pad for the back.

The biggest issue I have these days in my racing seat pushes my head forward now with the VR headset (how do racing seats work with helmets?). It's not bad as I can still sit in the seat for hours but it is kind of a bad posture...
Been wondering that myself with the helmets. Now that the ddX is unnerfed, the physics more engaging, and the importance of pedal control rising..also fanatec being out of v2’s…. I was thinking of bolting this thing onto my stand.

But i can’t decide if the headrest would be annoying. Don’t really want to cement bad posture with low weight endurance exercise.

I dont put too much faith in delivery dates...but aren't amazon workers overworked and underpaid, as long as it shows up Id give them a break on stuff getting delivered late.
Its original delivery date was the 12th. Chatted with globular cluster US through Amazon message system 2 days ago. Their response was to contact Amazon CS. Which I did via chat last night. We'll see if that shakes the box out of the warehouse. It actually shows shipped from Arizona now.

Last edited:
Back