GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download v3.3 all new cars added!!

Free Trial with a couple of cars has been implemented into the webpage. Go give it a try. Let me know if you like or not. Any feedback is appreciated!
Dont forget with every purchase you will get updates as and when they are released.

Last edited:
V1.1 is now ready for download. Couple of initial bugs fixed, where low or no downforce was causing out of range settings. This has now been resolved.

Please feel free to drop me a message with any feedback, be good to hear how you all are getting on with it.

👍

Aren't these going to be affected by camber as well? And toe angle will be important... i.e. roll will affect camber ?

Will buy it, as I appreciate the effort. Will future updates be incorporated FOC?

Bought the file - will use later in earnest, but immediate thoughts...

• would request that the car list is searchable to find the car more easily, and that up and down arrows are added to the scroll bar
  • the weight / ride height etc would be nice if it pulled in the defaults rather than being manually edited each time
  • sync the car chosen between spring rate and gear ratio sheet
  • randomly, i clicked on one and got n/a values. Unsure why, may be worth checking - Skyline 2000 GT-R '73

Looking forward to using it and will report back with findings

Bought the file - will use later in earnest, but immediate thoughts...

• would request that the car list is searchable to find the car more easily, and that up and down arrows are added to the scroll bar
  • the weight / ride height etc would be nice if it pulled in the defaults rather than being manually edited each time
  • sync the car chosen between spring rate and gear ratio sheet
  • randomly, i clicked on one and got n/a values. Unsure why, may be worth checking - Skyline 2000 GT-R '73

Looking forward to using it and will report back with findings
Thanks for the purchase.

searchable car list - if you click on the car list then delete the car name that’s in there and type the first letter or number of the car you want it will filter out those. Realised that this doesn’t work on excel and is currently not supported by excel. I can add a search box with a macro enabled spreadsheet but I think this is going to get messy I’d go down that route

default weight and ride height - these number change when weight reduction or suspension is changed. they cannot be constants.

to be completely honest the car selection in the gear ratio tab doesn’t actually do anything, this is for future improvements. I take your comment on board though.

You need to make sure you put in the correct figures for each car, it will give you out of range N/A output otherwise.

Please let me know how you get on when you have tried it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the purchase.

searchable car list - if you click on the car list then delete the car name that’s in there and type the first letter or number of the car you want it will filter out those.

default weight and ride height - these number change when weight reduction or suspension is changed. they cannot be constants.

to be completely honest the car selection in the gear ratio tab doesn’t actually do anything, this is for future improvements. I take your comment on board though.

You need to make sure you put in the correct figures for each car, it will give you out of range N/A output otherwise.

Please let me know how you get on when you have tried it.
Sorry to be a newb, but could you kindly show exactly where I can get RPM@Max Power and RPM at Mx Torque please. I've been into ECU and Transmission, but not sure exactly which figure is correct for each one... want to make sure I get it spot on :)

Last edited:
B80
Sorry to be a newb, but could you kindly show exactly where I can get RPM@Max Power and RPM at Mx Torque please. I've been into ECU and Transmission, but not sure exactly which figure is correct for each one... want to make sure I get it spot on :)
Not a problem.

Go to your garage and change to the car you want. The Stats are shown there… see pic attached

Attachments

• D81C0856-E35E-4917-9DFB-D32303522AE5.png
    D81C0856-E35E-4917-9DFB-D32303522AE5.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 66
Not a problem.

Go to your garage and change to the car you want. The Stats are shown there… see pic attached
:D jesus christ, I was searching high and low within the actual tuning sheet view. cheers mate.

V1.3 released, includes;
2 new options to select weight in lbs and speed in kmh.
Rear downforce is now auto calculated to maintain high speed balance and balance of spring frequencies low and high speed.
Car is auto selected in gear ratio calc from spring calc.
Damper adjustments made.
Enjoy!!

I know it’s early days but would really like to see if everyone that has got their copy is getting good results from it?

Rear downforce is now auto calculated to maintain high speed balance and balance of spring frequencies low and high speed.
Not sure this is entirely necessary considering downforce affects PP and often we have to min/max the values suboptimally and compensate elsewhere to get cars under a certain PP limit and still have sufficient power to be competitive.

An option to also allow user defined rear downforce values would be best. :)

In any case, I'm definitely looking forward to using this to retune some stubborn cars that I've had little success with in the past.

Last edited:
Not sure this is entirely necessary considering downforce affects PP and often we have to min/max the values suboptimally and compensate elsewhere to get cars under a certain PP limit and still have sufficient power to be competitive.

An option to also allow user defined rear downforce values would be best. :)

In any case, I'm definitely looking forward to using this to retune some stubborn cars that I've had little success with in the past.
Updated with manual and recommended inputs.

General impressions:

The spring calculator is overall pretty fantastic. The values are quite a bit stiffer than what I've normally used but the end result is a very composed and consistent car. I'm really liking it so far.

However, the calculator has a tendency to create out of range values for high downforce race cars on racing tires (e.g. compression/extension dampers >50 and spring frequency >5Hz on Gr.3-Gr.1 cars). Also, the kg to lb weight toggle doesn't seem to actually do anything. 1000kg and 1000lb produce the same spring and damper values.

The gearing calculator doesn't seem to like turbo charged engines with max torque at very low RPM. In extreme cases (such as 2500 RPM max torque), it can spit out values in the 100s and 1000s.

Last edited:
General impressions:

The spring calculator is overall pretty fantastic. The values are quite a bit stiffer than what I've normally used but the end result is a very composed and consistent car. I'm really liking it so far.

However, the calculator has a tendency to create out of range values for racing tires on high downforce race cars (e.g. extension dampers >50 and spring frequency >5Hz on Gr.3-Gr.1 cars).

The gearing calculator doesn't seem to like turbo charged engines with max torque at very low RPM. In extreme cases (such as 2500 RPM max torque), it can spit out values in the 100s and 1000s.
Thanks for the feedback, it’s always nice to hear what others think. I will take these comments and put them into the next release.

There is a real variance in the frequencies of the cars in GT5, some cars with little or no downforce are showing values under minimum numbers in game. While as you say some race cars with high downforce have too higher values.

I am looking into why this is the case and will obviously update when this is resloved.

The gear ratios is something that you need to take a bit of a look at when you input the max torque setting, if the value is lower than 1500/2000 RPM than the max power then I would normally adjust so that ratios are not too extreme. I will put a note in the instructions for the next release.

Thank you again, I hope this makes life easier when trying to setup cars for the first time for everyone.

General impressions:

However, the calculator has a tendency to create out of range values for high downforce race cars on racing tires (e.g. compression/extension dampers >50 and spring frequency >5Hz on Gr.3-Gr.1 cars). Also, the kg to lb weight toggle doesn't seem to actually do anything. 1000kg and 1000lb produce the same spring and damper values.

I’m not sure how I missed the lbs kg toggle switch error, damn Sorry. I’ll get that sorted.

Looks like some major physics changes are coming with the new update this week:

Leaked patch notes:

Update from gt7tuningcalculator:-
V1.4 realease 30th March.

• new screen layout for landscape mode.
  • tyre compound coefficient changed to 1%
  • lbs to kg toggle fixed
  • VGT cars spring settings now inline with game limits.
  • spring and damper setting for both Road and race cars within game limits.
  • missing cars from list now added back.
1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 '52
155 2.5 V6 TI '93
180SX Type X '96
1932 Ford Roadster Hot Rod
Awaiting on update to check if still working to new physics model.

Thanks for your support.

I’ve used this quite a bit today and I think it’s a superb tool for knocking out tunes for stable setups. Frankly, it’s settings should be the ones that cars could update to when you change tyres

It saves a lot of time and always seems to produce a balanced setup, even on engine swapped cars, which I thought was pretty useful as I had struggled with those and spent quite a bit of time dialling things in, and I think I was compensating in the wrong areas

Appreciate the time that’s gone into doing the calculation and also for keeping it updated. Hopefully the upcoming changes won’t cause too many issues

Springs and damper calculator is 99% complete, gear ratios calc is complete. I dont think there’s any benefit from adding more parameters into this, roll bars are user preference and tuneable once springs and dampers are set correctly, camber i will leave out as this is track specific and also tyre wear specific. Toe, I don’t even play with these settings so I’ll exclude that as well.

Now this leaves LSD settings. I don’t really see these as being something you can calculate with the parameters in GT7. Correct me if I’m wrong?

You could have a number selection screen, too much snap between the transition of throttle / brake depending of severity 1 low 10 high will change initial torque result in the same ratio 5 to 60

Surely gear ratios are track-dependent and mod-dependent? You want to stay in the power band, which will change depending on power restrictor / ECU tuning as well as performance mods installed

Surely gear ratios are track-dependent and mod-dependent? You want to stay in the power band, which will change depending on power restrictor / ECU tuning as well as performance mods installed
Final drive is set for car/power.

Gear ratios are calculated for top speed and divided for max power band per gear.

Back