GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download v3.3 all new cars added!!

No this is dependant on car and power, would you want to manually input this?
Absolutely. On every GT game the best way to set a gearbox has been to flip your gearbox with the lowest final drive possible after the flip. I believe it allowed more torque transfer from engine to road.

With the natural frequency, shouldn't higher frequency mean you would want higher rebound and softer compression?
Lower frequency you'd want lower rebound and higher compression?

Absolutely. On every GT game the best way to set a gearbox has been to flip your gearbox with the lowest final drive possible after the flip. I believe it allowed more torque transfer from engine to road.
Hmm, this maybe the case with high power RWD cars, but with 4WD and lower power cars you don’t really want a low final drive…

With the natural frequency, shouldn't higher frequency mean you would want higher rebound and softer compression?
Lower frequency you'd want lower rebound and higher compression?
Natural frequency is based on a value with spring rate/mass. This is not like it was in previous models of GT where pure spring rate was used.

Dampers are as they always have been. Based on spring rate*mass

This is where the calculator takes the confusion out of it. Input your figures and get a good base to start you setup from. Adjust weight balance and ride height then recalc with the app. You have to use it to appreciate it…

Hmm, this maybe the case with high power RWD cars, but with 4WD and lower power cars you don’t really want a low final drive…
You'd want all cars to do it in a racing situation. Granted if you're using a 4WD and care about your initial take off, it may be geared too high to exceed traction, but you wouldn't have a redundant 1st gear.

Could you implement a higher spread within your calculations if possible?

Not sure this is entirely necessary considering downforce affects PP and often we have to min/max the values suboptimally and compensate elsewhere to get cars under a certain PP limit and still have sufficient power to be competitive.
Rear downforce can be a make or brake. Some cars are "undriveable" with a downforce value too low.
If the calculator can provide the "least" viable value, I think it is a good implementation.

This is where the calculator takes the confusion out of it. Input your figures and get a good base to start you setup from. Adjust weight balance and ride height then recalc with the app. You have to use it to appreciate it…
Most definitely and from what I've seen, you've done this for the entire car list. I've been using my own calculator myself so I'm interested in how you've come up with your own figures to see if i can improve mine lol

Agree, but I think the downforce is just a guide... and when you input what you're actually using, if it's higher, you then get the values for stiffer suspension settings

I've also started mismatching tyres quite a bit, as it results in a lower PP but often a stable car. It's useful to have some quick go-to figures for the tyres

Update from gt7tuningcalculator:-
V1.4 realease 30th March.

• new screen layout for landscape mode.
  • tyre compound coefficient changed to 1%
  • lbs to kg toggle fixed
  • VGT cars spring settings now inline with game limits.
  • spring and damper setting for both Road and race cars within game limits.
  • missing cars from list now added back.
1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1 '52
155 2.5 V6 TI '93
180SX Type X '96
1932 Ford Roadster Hot Rod
Awaiting on update to check if still working to new physics model.

Thanks for your support.
I didn't get an email for the 1.4 download, is this normal? Where can I get it?

Not as such, I can confirm that the ride height glitch (high rake angle) has been resolved this would now be slower than the normal ride height settings.

Last edited:
Screenshot 2023-03-30 113335.png

EDIT: I'm not to sure what the grip coefficient means but if I tweak that to around -5% to -10% I get Spring Hz within tuning range.

Last edited:
View attachment 1243918

EDIT: I'm not to sure what the grip coefficient means but if I tweak that to around -5% to -10% I get Spring Hz within tuning range.
The grip coefficient is for if you think your particular car has less or more grip on specific tyres, then you can tweak this to give you a higher or lower frequency.

Hi there, I have just tried to use the free trial to see how it is but it says (page not found) any idea please ??

Last edited:
Hi Roman,

All updates to the calculator are included in the initial price. When an update is released you will receive an email with a new version to download…

Hi mate, free trial is still not available, would be nice to try over this weekend? Cheers
Apologies, bit of an overhaul on the free trial online version. Should be back up and running this evening/tonight.

Back