GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download v3.3 all new cars added!!

If I put more work into making this an iOS or android app as well as the cost involved in creating an app. Then yes I would think so, however you would still be able to use the existing spreadsheet.

Is it usable on an iPhone in its current state? I bought it but can’t seem to figure out how to even open it.

When I bought it, I bought it using Apple Pay and it didn’t make me enter an email anywhere. I did get the download link though so hopefully that means I’m in your database for future updates. The download email came from delivery@shopify.com.

Last edited:
Is it usable on an iPhone in its current state? I bought it but can’t seem to figure out how to even open it.

When I bought it, I bought it using Apple Pay and it didn’t make me enter an email anywhere. I did get the download link though so hopefully that means I’m in your database for future updates. The download email came from delivery@shopify.com.
It’s registered your email address. So yes you will be included with the future updates when they are released. I’m not sure if anyone else has managed to open this on a mobile device, You will probably need to open this on a pc.

So I thought I'd write this for anyone considering getting the calculator:

I've got a 240Z in game I've been playing with for about a week, half hour to an hour each evening. At this stage this is without the calculator. I've been tuning it for a low powered chuckabout on CH tyres, a bit of drifting, a bit of grip, just something to mess around with on free run mode.

I'd got this car, by hand, pretty much to where I liked it. I'd probably say it was about 90% complete in terms of suspension and LSD settings.

I loaded up the calculator and input the weight distribution and ride heights I was already using. What surprised me was the calc recommended a far larger front frequency, compared to rear, than I'd arrived at by hand. Dampers, I usually tune last so it's hard to comment as I'd not manually finished with these on my first tune, but in any case I load up the calculator's springs and dampers into GT7. ARB to 5/5 (midrange) as a default. Camber/toe/LSD the same as my manual tune. I go out on track...

First impressions is the calculator car is not too bad, bearing in mind from a high front spring rate I'm expecting great response but then understeer. Its turning in OK, mid corner OK but the exit is oversteering too much. But remember this is with my 5/5 default ARB. So clickety click, I raise the front ARB to 7 or 8. Now the car is really something. The exit is stabilised and I can chuck her into corners, roughly centre the steering then play with the throttle to get her out. The exit feels really safe. Also when chucking her about she's responsive but won't usually go out of control too easily.

Now the springs, dampers and ARB are pretty different from my manual car, but they've come close in performance, although I must say the calculator car is nicer on exit. And all this from just an ARB tweak. Its really nice and more importantly with the springs and damper base it only took one or two ARB adjustments to find balance.

I've not even started on the gearbox yet.

Well worth a look in my opinion, it might get a solid base for your car, or let you approach a tune from another direction. 👍

Hey thanks for sharing your review Bread. Great to hear it’s helping you. I’m already looking to include a new calculator for LSD settings. Going to take a little refinement and calculation though. I’ll keep you all posted with the development.

Hey thanks for sharing your review Bread. Great to hear it’s helping you. I’m already looking to include a new calculator for LSD settings. Going to take a little refinement and calculation though. I’ll keep you all posted with the development.

Nice one mate. I know you've previously referenced a fair amount of Lsd is down to personal preference, I'd find you adding any additional tuning settings extremely useful, including arb, camber, toe etc.
Even if it came with caveat, or rough guidance such as 'safe' or 'aggressive' in similar mode to ACC preset tunes.

Same time I don't want to seem demanding, ungrateful mate, as finding your app really useful and it is sucking me I to world of tuning, test drive etc. It's very compelling/addictive isn't it. Years ago found tuning baffling and boring/of no interest. But your app, this game and vr2 has opened a new side of racing/driving games. I've done 100's of miles on Suzuka short circuit since your app released on only handful of cars :D. Not sure if it's ocd or what, buy can just soend ages now doing few laps, making tweaks, doing few more laps, making tweaks etc. :D

B80
Nice one mate. I know you've previously referenced a fair amount of Lsd is down to personal preference, I'd find you adding any additional tuning settings extremely useful, including arb, camber, toe etc.
Even if it came with caveat, or rough guidance such as 'safe' or 'aggressive' in similar mode to ACC preset tunes.

Same time I don't want to seem demanding, ungrateful mate, as finding your app really useful and it is sucking me I to world of tuning, test drive etc. It's very compelling/addictive isn't it. Years ago found tuning baffling and boring/of no interest. But your app, this game and vr2 has opened a new side of racing/driving games. I've done 100's of miles on Suzuka short circuit since your app released on only handful of cars :D. Not sure if it's ocd or what, buy can just soend ages now doing few laps, making tweaks, doing few more laps, making tweaks etc. :D
It’s what’s it all about. And once you’ve got a car that suits, you can hone your racing skills! I’m all about the Spa and nurb when it comes to testing… managed to get the telemetry software working now as well so I’m tweaking here there and everywhere!! 😂

It’s what’s it all about. And once you’ve got a car that suits, you can hone your racing skills! I’m all about the Spa and nurb when it comes to testing… managed to get the telemetry software working now as well so I’m tweaking here there and everywhere!! 😂

Yes indeed, feels like another world of driving/racing has opened up. Good thing (amd could become a bad thing...:D) is its seemingly never ending...

Funny enough those 2 tracks are my favourite in the game. used to really dislike Nordschleife prior to vr2, now it's my favourite, along with Spa. Maybe you mean gp circuit though....
I prefer short tracks, as although like car to feel certain way, also like being able to clock lap times quickly, for some point of reference. Suzuka short has long enough straight, and a testing series of turns.

B80
Even if it came with caveat, or rough guidance such as 'safe' or 'aggressive' in similar mode to ACC preset tunes
This makes a lot of sense to me. When I manually tune LSD, I look for the accel setting where, using the telemetry app, both wheels spin at the same time (the diff never unlocks, both wheels move together) This is the most aggressive I will go on that car. Anything below that is safer all the way down to 5.

At apex the difference in load and therefore grip is the most. Therefore a diff that is strong enough to stay locked here, when you first hit the gas, will never unlock later in corner exit when the load on the driven tyres is more even.

So you can loosen the diff to let it unlock at apex when you first press the gas, giving inner wheel slip and safety, but then lock up when you're halfway through exit (eg 45 degrees on the traction circle) giving more drive.

It's hard to have definite numerical grip values but it's possible to see trends or get a ballpark figure, back of the envelope job.

Ok, so trying to find a good gear ratio for the Toyota Sports 800 (I know, not exciting) and the limits in your calculator are off from the game. For example, the final gear in game only goes up to 5.000 and the calculator says to use 6.400. Am I missing something?

Also, the rear natural frequency is out of range as in-game only goes down to 1.80.

Attachments

• gear.jpg
    gear.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 30
  • spring rate.jpg
    spring rate.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 32
Ok, so trying to find a good gear ratio for the Toyota Sports 800 (I know, not exciting) and the limits in your calculator are off from the game. For example, the final gear in game only goes up to 5.000 and the calculator says to use 6.400. Am I missing something?

Also, the rear natural frequency is out of range as in-game only goes down to 1.80.
Well, I haven’t ever tested such a low powered car like that I guess you have found an anomaly! I’ll have a look see if I can make some adjustments for this.

i was actually looking at adjusting the final drive setting to be fair. I think I’ll be inputting a manual input option as well…

Hello @hookedonturbo

I also bought the file because I would like to support the work and also because it is also very helpful to create a basic setup with such a file like this. After that is easier to adjust the setup to your own driving style and needs, than if you do everything yourself from the scratch. I will be happy if there is as iOS app 😁

I have 2 questions:
  • Will there be update for the file? (have read above, yes).
  • How can I update already downloaded file?

Best regards
Bob

Will your GT7 Calculator work on a Mac desktop?

Thanks.
Yes
Hello @hookedonturbo

I also bought the file because I would like to support the work and also because it is also very helpful to create a basic setup with such a file like this. After that is easier to adjust the setup to your own driving style and needs, than if you do everything yourself from the scratch. I will be happy if there is as iOS app 😁

I have 2 questions:
  • Will there be update for the file? (have read above, yes).
  • How can I update already downloaded file?

Best regards
Bob
Hi Bob,

Thanks for supporting, good to hear it’s helpful! Updates to the sheet will come through from the Shopify store, when I upload the updated versions it automatically emails everyone that’s signed up with a new copy…

This is now resolved, new version 1.4b is uploaded.

Low values for spring frequencies on certain cars fixed
Final drive out of range for low power cars is fixed
User input selection for the final drive added.

Last edited:
Back