• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 221 comments

1969 Dodge Charger R/T

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AHahaHaAHaaHaAHahAHaAHahaahAHa

image.jpg

:P

Super lame compared to a Charger. Also not stock.

Don't even try, dude. Not even a Boss 302 is as cool and bad-ass as a 69 Charger, and the Boss 302 is the Mustang.

This is where naming yourself "Mustang Fanatic" has it's drawbacks...

Funny. You guys take everything SO seriously. :rolleyes:

Chill out for God's sake.

Super lame compared to a Charger. Also not stock.

Don't even try, dude. Not even a Boss 302 is as cool and bad-ass as a 69 Charger, and the Boss 302 is the Mustang.

Well it's cooler in my opinion. As much as I adore the Charger.

Also, it has aftermarket wheels. It's barely modified.

You wouldn't have your Camaro if it weren't for Ford so don't give me that :P
I'd have it, Ford just did it first :P.

And we wouldn't have any of these without the GTO, so...

Edit: Well, might not have them. Who knows what really would've happened?

Yep, not stock.

Lamer than the Boss 302, less presence. Both the 302 and the Z/28 combined don't have half the presence and bad-assness as the Charger.
Oh well, I tried.

Last edited:
I love this car, it's my favourite muscle car but, I can't vote any higher than cool, so it's a solid cool for me.

Boss 429 > every car in the world. :P
I recently drove a MazdaSpeed 3. I would like to argue that it's more pleasing to drive (dat 6 speed though) than anything from the lead boat with two metric digit displacements era.

Yes, your car might be Sub Zero on the cool wall, but don't forget that it's also ludicrous and barbaric compared to modern cars

I recently drove a MazdaSpeed 3. I would like to argue that it's more pleasing to drive (dat 6 speed though) than anything from the lead boat with two metric digit displacements era.

Yes, your car might be Sub Zero on the cool wall, but don't forget that it's also ludicrous and barbaric compared to modern cars

Have you driven a '69 Charger?

I recently drove a MazdaSpeed 3. I would like to argue that it's more pleasing to drive (dat 6 speed though) than anything from the lead boat with two digit displacements era.

You couldn't pay me to drive a MazdaSpeed 3, and like it.

Also, have you even driven a "lead boat"? Because I could guarantee it's more fun to drive than a little Mazda.

Also, most modern cars are ugly, and made of tons of plastic, and electronics that break in every way possible.

Also, have you even driven a "lead boat"? Because I could guarantee it's more fun to drive than a little Mazda.

Also, most modern cars are ugly, and made of tons of plastic, and electronics that break in every way possible.

Have you driven a MazdaSpeed 3? If not, why do you automatically assume you wouldn't like it? I agree that a Charger is a lot more fun to drive but I know I had a blast when I test drove a MazdaSpeed 3, I don't see how someone couldn't enjoy driving one of those. Throw your bias aside and you'll enjoy cars a lot more.

Have you driven a MazdaSpeed 3? If not, why do you automatically assume you wouldn't like it? I agree that a Charger is a lot more fun to drive but I know I had a blast when I test drove a MazdaSpeed 3, I don't see how someone couldn't enjoy driving one of those. Throw your bias aside and you'll enjoy cars a lot more.

Dude, I've never driven a car.

Besides, they look like 🤬 anyways.

I'm a mechanic. I know how to fix some things and not break others.

Here's a thought: clutch technology alone has come 45 years since '69. If you want to talk about a car which is "the best car in the world," it needs to be something everyone can agree upon. The gearbox is not to my liking on '60s cars.
Have you driven a '69 Charger?

I've driven all sorts of cars. The Charger is undersprung, heavy and generally not much faster than the other customer cars I've driven, once you consider everything... But, what's worse: owning/driving one of these cars is a scary ordeal. Bad brakes, heavy, loose suspension feel, and a ludicrous price tag all add up to a sort of "I don't want to drive this car" view.

At my work, I've driven Audi S4, etc., and I absolutely hate them... Why? Because they're too expensive. They're too scary to drive. They're too scary to lift. They are scary. One wrong move, you're either dead, fired, or in debt for the next six years for totaling a car with a pricetag in excess of $100,000.

But, as I said in the poll, the car itself is Sub Zero... But it's going to be a trailer queen now. The value is sky-rocketing, while the availability is plummeting. My idea of a "best car" is one which is instantly fun to drive, even on a perfectly straight road with a speed limit of 50 km/h... A car which behaves like a car... And a car which is not intimidating to drive on the street, but is intimidating at the track...

In other words, the MazdaSpeed3 might be a better car, and is, although the dinosaur cars are still Sub Zero.

Sub Zero. To me it's the only good-looking US muscle car and I'd have one in a heartbeat.
In Britain? On British narrow roads?

See my rant above, please... Unless you don't mind damaging a Sub Zero car, which is sacrilege.

@Turtle, @peobryant, you're right... I want to go and test drive that MS3 outside of work. :grumpy:

@ITCC_Andrew that is a long way to say "no."

I've driven plenty of cars as well and one of the most fun experiences of my life was driving a '68 Charger. I was initially scared because of the price issue as well but once you get behind the wheel and start driving it is like nothing else. Is it the best driving car in the world? Hell no, but the feeling you get from being behind the wheel is second to none.

My point exactly, actually. It's probably the most Sub-Zero car on the road, (pop-culture versions not withstanding) although I'm partial to the styling of the Challenger even more.

But, it loses points for the other areas. "You don't meet your heroes" comes to mind. When I was 12 (a mere nine years ago), it was one of my bucket list cars. Then I realized that actually driving one would be a huge let down... Disappointing.

Almost like sex with a supermodel... You expect it to turn out well, but in the end you're scared/nervous/anxious, and she doesn't respond the way you think. In the end, you enjoy looking at the supermodel, but you have more fun driving your normal car because it is relaxing and can be fun to drive, too.

Back