GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 476 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
...You have no idea what your talking about.
These cars have full coilover suspensions+other goodies....how is that busted...

I said look dip****. Making a car so low that it can't traverse a piece of gravel and/or setting camber first & foremost for aesthetics, is just stupid. Oh nevermind.. just realized what your name was - you're a lost cause!

As for all the derps hating on autoX'ing an SC, get over it. AutoX isn't necessarily about going out & being the fastest thing on track. It's intended as a grassroots type racing where the point is to learn how to drive & possibly tune pretty much whatever you've got to bring. I've got a quadriplegic buddy in a '91 1.6L (NA) automatic Miata that typically runs the head of his areas STS2 pack and has beaten MUCH faster cars. (experienced vette drivers included) Just have fun MrMelancholy. 👍

EDIT - also, he's talking about a car he's scoped out and planning to buy. sounds like a great first car, I hope it works out!

How am I a lost cause? Your a lost cause because you CARE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLES CARS.
If they lower as much as they can, and can still drive it why do you care?

On topic, I drive a 99 Toyota Windom....:)

I made this account a long time ago, I hate hellaflush.
Im more of a tuck guy, and I prefer my cars to go sideways, whilst low. Which is why Im in process of acquiring an FC/240

Did you just say ruin an RX-8? They were ruined out of the factory....

masonholmes
I said look dip****. Making a car so low that it can't traverse a piece of gravel and/or setting camber first & foremost for aesthetics, is just stupid. Oh nevermind.. just realized what your name was - you're a lost cause!

As for all the derps hating on autoX'ing an SC, get over it. AutoX isn't necessarily about going out & being the fastest thing on track. It's intended as a grassroots type racing where the point is to learn how to drive & possibly tune pretty much whatever you've got to bring. I've got a quadriplegic buddy in a '91 1.6L (NA) automatic Miata that typically runs the head of his areas STS2 pack and has beaten MUCH faster cars. (experienced vette drivers included) Just have fun MrMelancholy. 👍

EDIT - also, he's talking about a car he's scoped out and planning to buy. sounds like a great first car, I hope it works out!

A car that low is most likely on airbags. Not many people dump that much cash into a car these days and make it undriveable.
Only idiots, and I mean real idiots, lower their cars that low without using Airbags or another adjustable ride height.
You don't need to go calling people names, just because you can't comprehend that some people have different tastes...kinda makes you what you called him.

Oh and; a Miata isn't uncommon on AutoX or trackdays, they're very good cars (even with their low power) for fun and competitive motorsports.
A Lexus SC400 on the other hand...not so, it doesn't take a genius to work out why.

A Lexus SC400 on the other hand...not so, it doesn't take a genius to work out why.

This link...

IMG_2084.jpg

Or, especially this one,

& this one,

all fully back up my plans. Seriously, stop trying to act like a know-it-all, just because you know that a small, lightweight, nimble Miata is good at Autocross events. They're fine, but, they're also in different classes. :ouch: They're also overdone, overly common, and excessively lack-lustre, compared to the Soarer/SC300/SC400.

MrMelancholy15
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8qcccZy03s">YouTube Link</a>

This link...

Or, especially this one,

& this one,

all fully back up my plans. Seriously, stop trying to act like a know-it-all, just because you know that a small, lightweight, nimble Miata is good at Autocross events. They're fine, but, they're also in different classes. :ouch: They're also overdone, overly common, and excessively lack-lustre, compared to the Soarer/SC300/SC400.

And how much money are you going to spend on your future SC400?

How am I a lost cause? Your a lost cause because you CARE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLES CARS.
If they lower as much as they can, and can still drive it why do you care?

On topic, I drive a 99 Lexus ES300....:)

The fact I had to fix that quote is part of it.

I made this account a long time ago, I hate hellaflush.

A year isn't a long time. I made this account over 5 years ago and have used the name about 6.

Aaand the other day you were telling me all about how much more flush your car is than mine. :lol:

Did you just say ruin an RX-8? They were ruined out of the factory....

Aside from the manufacturing defect that gave all of them an extra door on either side there isn't much "ruined" about an RX-8. They're reasonably quick (though not exactly fast), handle well, and hell, they look good.

At the very least I have to credit them with being a source of wheels that look very nice on 1st gen 6s.

As for your little LOL BAGS SUK LOL comment...

Static slams are for posers, wannabes, and tryhards.

You seem to like to pick apart all my comments I ever make, you must like me or something.
Why'd you fix it like I'm supposed to be ashamed to drive an ES300 or somehting?

Long time for me,I used the name because I didnt want people to find me on a video game forum...

RX8 rotaries are trash, or so I've hard. I can care less about RX8s, as I dont want one.

Static drops in terms of hard parking, or static drops in terms of just being slammed but using the car?

Big generalization you made there...

A car that low is most likely on airbags. Not many people dump that much cash into a car these days and make it undriveable...

WRONG, I'm surrounded by morons in the same type thread over @ LFS.net, (not to mention IRL), with cars that are slammed & definitely not on airbags. (simply put, bags cost $$$ & most lowered cars aren't in the same price bracket as the showcars previously pictured) I'm sure some do have adjustable ride height of sorts, but guess what.. they rarely raise them & I've yet to see one get raised from the driver's seat/on the go. (or claim they've got the ability) Fact is, hordes of idiots slam their cars, rendering them undriveable and/or dangerous to follow because they mash the brakes every time there's a tiny elevation change or bump.

...Oh and; a Miata isn't uncommon on AutoX or trackdays, they're very good cars (even with their low power) for fun and competitive motorsports.

As an owner of one, do you really think I'm stupid enough to not realize they're a majorly common autoX car? (been driving them since '97) The point was, dude's a c6 quadriplegic, (major spinal cord injury in the neck/can't even steer without one of these), in what's essentially a 21yo, stock 1.6L, 4spd automatic on coilovers, and he's managing times that experienced vette drivers are. Once again, you totally missed the boat. If you're still clueless, point was autoX isn't solely for "track cars" or pro's and there's absolutely no reason an SC400 shouldn't give it a shot. If you really think it's pointless, you don't understand autoX.

...RX8 rotaries are trash, or so I've hard. I can care less about RX8s, as I dont want one...

1. Stop going by what you've heard, since you obviously know nothing about them.

2. While I can understand being stuck with an outdated username, (though not why you'd want to hide?), FIX YOUR SIG! If you don't have interest in RX-8's, remove the line that says you do, and anything else that no longer fits.

And once again, for all the retards hating on autoX'ing an SC400.. people take STATION WAGONS. It's grassroots racing around cones, not build a supercar. You take what you've got and do your best/have fun. Some people are blessed enough to take a Lotus or something, most aren't.

you hate slammed cars.....yeah......

& have it as my sig, because it's funny with your little dorito motors. Maybe I should change it to RX7, even though the person who said it said RX8

Hmmm, less than the money for the Miata or Lotus most Auto-X drivers will. :sly:

I anticipate it'll be $20,000 - $30,000, over a long-term project.
:lol: at you expecting to spend double to triple that car's value modifying it.

Most Miata owners put less than $5,000 into their cars for Auto-X, because it's so cheap to do so. It's just even more hilarious at the figures you quoted because $20,000 can buy you a turbo-charged, track-ready Miata putting out 225whp that will easily run next to cars $80,000 & up.

Last edited:
You would want to have been you know, since you drive a FWD Camr- sorry....Lexus.

It doesn't even have the 2.2. For shame.

& What do you drive, since it's clear you do not own a Lambo?

Why would I want a 2.2 when I have a 3.0 litre V6 VVTi from the way more powerful solara?

& My car is not based off the Camry, it's based on the Toyota Windom, a completely different line of car.

Back