GTP Nascar Nationwide Preseason Thread | Spurgy wins on rims!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 725 comments

What will we do for round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probation means that any more crashes by you depending on the seriousness could get you a race suspension or worse.

paulmac2k9
Probation means that any more crashes by you depending on the seriousness could get you a race suspension or worse.

No I mean since I'm on probation for 3 weeks in Trucks. What does that mean here?

I'll talk to Drop about it, but as far as I'm concerned, any probation or suspension in one of the three series' should carry over to the other ones.

That would mean you'd be on probation here as well, until after the race at Monza.

MÜLE_9242;7469899
I'll talk to Drop about it, but as far as I'm concerned, any probation or suspension in one of the three series' should carry over to the other ones.

That would mean you'd be on probation here as well, until after the race at Monza.

Agreed.

GTP Nascar Nationwide Series

Penalty System

Instead of Time penalties, we will be exclusively using point penalties as discipline for illegal behavior. Point penalties count against both drivers points totals, and Team points totals.

Minor infractions - 1 point
-Repeated Accidental corner cuts (3-5)
-Reckless/Aggressive driving - not causing a collision (includes excessive blocking, dive-bombing, etc)
-Not following pit entrance/exit rules (crossing lines, etc.)
-Jumping the start
-Causing an avoidable collision - stopping and letting the affected drivers overtake you
-Passing out of bounds and not giving back the position
-Going into your tuning settings menu for any reason during qualifying

Minor infractions in 3 separate races will result in probation.

Moderate infractions - 3 points
-Repeated Accidental corner cuts (5-7)
-Causing an avoidable collision - not slowing to let affected drivers overtake you
-Rejoining track from out of bounds resulting in blocking/impeding race traffic (Includes pit exits)
-Illegal blocking/ignoring blue flag rule (Blue flag rules state that lapped drivers, in the same class, must do their best to allow the leaders an unobstructed racing line with which to overtake)

Moderate infractions in 2 separate races will result in probation

Severe infractions - 6 points + automatic probation
-Deliberately causing a collision
-Repeated accidental corner cuts (7 or more)
-Deliberate corner cuts
-Sustained aggressive/reckless driving
-Causing multiple avoidable collisions

Extreme infractions - Disqualification from race + suspension from 1 or more races (up to and including championship exclusion)
-Committing any infraction while on probation
-Deliberately causing multiple collisions (DaveMay from Season 1 Daytona race)
-Driving backwards on the track for any reason
-Multiple Deliberate corner cuts

If an Extreme infraction is noticed by the host, who is not racing, you will be immediately kicked from the room

Did I forget anything? Disagree with something? Speak now.

Drop and Furi should adopt this as well.

Last edited:
MÜLE_9242;7470718
GTP Nascar Nationwide Series

Penalty System

Extreme infractions - Disqualification from race + suspension from 1 or more races (up to and including championship exclusion)
-Committing any infraction while on probation
-Deliberately causing multiple collisions (DaveMay from Season 1 Daytona race)
-Driving backwards on the track for any reason
-Multiple Deliberate corner cuts

So driving backwards to return to the pits after over-shooting it at say Daytona will result in a DSQ?

If you miss the pit entrance, you'll have to do another lap. It's what they do in real life. Driving backwards, even to just go to the pits is very dangerous.

Guys. I'll be out of town tomorrow. So won't be at this preseason race. Be back next week for season starter. Get us some notes Paul/Mule ;)

Good luck gentlemen.

With some drivers probably out for this week in KBM, I'm doing the dirty job today on track. :sly:

Rich S
Am I still allowed to enter the race this week/today?

I don't think James can make it and he hasn't told me a definite yes no yet so you can go in for him.

Final list for today:
Adrenalin 2011/2010 #83
Rich S 2011 #83
D4lvy 2010 #83

I may have got the cars mixed up but that's just a guideline.

Matty
I don't think James can make it and he hasn't told me a definite yes no yet so you can go in for him.

Final list for today:
Adrenalin 2011/2010 #83
Rich S 2011 #83
D4lvy 2010 #83

I may have got the cars mixed up but that's just a guideline.

Think Daves a no show tonight, but thee next week for the start.

Room for me if your short tonight? Might be able to do it today...

Well then James could make it...

Told me he moved and had to set up his gear again but was racing trucks last night so he should be able..

EDIT:

Yes Knelly your right D4lvy can't make it, just went through my PM's. Only Adrenaline didn't reply.

And from the other 3 I got a yes, no and maybe.

Last edited:
might be there in time, not sure whether or not I will be going to get a car today. oohh, I hope i can do this pre season race, love daytona in a pack :D

I'm free and really like to race tonight, if there is room after all the NW guys are in.

Knelly
I'm free and really like to race tonight, if there is room after all the NW guys are in.

If James doesn't make it feel free to hop in a Red Bull.

MÜLE_9242;7471688
No more comments about penalties?

Sure, I think it sucks. LOL jk thought we could get a laugh from me. But really I only race in NW so this doesn't effect me like it would others. Ok but here's something I noticed, blue flag. NASCAR doesn't use blue flags at least at ovals. I don't like that rule unless we are at a road course. This rule totally conflicts with droptops rule of hold your line n race hard but clean too.

Mule you haven't sent a team setup is that because we are using the same setup but on min DF?

So far I seem to be the only confirmed entry for my team, so I'll take reserves/replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back