GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
I expect that Tom will pass me in points before the season is out, so I'm not expecting to make the Chase. A part of me still wants to run the Brickyard 400, as winning that race was the only goal I had when this season started. But, I doubt that is going to happen now that I don't have a seat with Ford.

Three empty seats in JGR:sly:

No way in hell I'm racing this weekend but I can show up to the final two regular season races I think.

As for the chase, it's round Christmas so Saturday nights could be busy with parties and the like but I'll do my best.

umm? I believe I raced the last half of the season since the Sprint cup drivers didn't feel up to racing anymore for whatever reason.

The team started the season with M-Stall41, ACDC, Dexter, and myself. By the midpoint of the season, it was me trying to fill two empty seats every week (one seat was cut from most teams due to lag). Between you, Furi, and Litchi, the season turned out surprisingly well despite the lack of real continuity. 👍

Hendricks:
ACDC quit
Tom semi-quit
Dexter White very inactive

Ford Racing:
Drop quit

SGR:
Akmuq quit early, replaced quickly though by Spurgy

JGR:
Don't even get my started

Red Bull Racing:
THE MOST CONSISTENT AND DEDICATED TEAM THE ENTIRE SEASON

And we are 2nd to last in team points :(

Last edited:
Hendricks:
ACDC quit
Tom semi-quit
Dexter White very inactive

Ford Racing:
Drop quit

SGR:
Akmuq quit early, replaced quickly though by Spurgy

JGR:
Don't even get my started

Red Bull Racing:
THE MOST CONSISTENT AND DEDICATED TEAM THE ENTIRE SEASON

And we are 2nd to last in team points :(

Well at least you're beating JGR... That's an achievement of some kind :crazy:

Looking forward to tonight, my favorite track in the season and also my strongest (In terms of hotlapping anyway) Definitely hoping for a podium or better here. Whether I get it or not though.. :indiff:

In testing, RPH went on to Soft tyres at 570bhp with SRF on and I was much faster then him in turn 2 with Sprint Cup specs :lol:

Going for a shower now and will be on after.

Could have attempted to get 7th (or at least try to help Joe) but somebody doesn't know how to get out of the way.

Car was surprisingly decent despite me not turning any laps this week. Wasn't the fastest, but was very consistent. Able to get low 04's-mid 05's for about 20 laps before the tires started to fall off.

MÜLE_9242;7796593
Could have attempted to get 7th (or at least try to help Joe) but somebody doesn't know how to get out of the way.

Yeah, because that you can't let off of the gas and avoid hitting me, or take another line.

Fun race, but once again, my setup shoots me in the face.

You were in the middle of the racing line. I had nowhere to go. If I let off, I lose them. If I try to take the inside, I smoke my tires, have to let off and lose them.

Either way, I was screwed. Nothing I could do.

Good race guys. Not sure if the first lap incident was my fault. I felt I came down on Kartman after I thought I passed him pushing Akmuq out front, but he must have got a push to put him back under me. Still, quality save.

Good work with ALL the Fords at some point throughout the race. Just like SSRX last week. Thought it was going to going to be me v Joe and Mule last lap, and having to hold them off, but Stormtrooper saw to that. Unlucky Mule, I worried.

Still in Chase, job done for the weekend.

What if I told you guys before the race that Furinkazen would start this race in last place and may actually be in a position to win the race?

Good race guys. Not sure if the first lap incident was my fault. I felt I came down on Kartman after I thought I passed him pushing Akmuq out front, but he must have got a push to put him back under me. Still, quality save.

Good work with ALL the Fords at some point throughout the race. Just like SSRX last week. Thought it was going to going to be me v Joe and Mule last lap, and having to hold them off, but Stormtrooper saw to that. Unlucky Mule, I worried.

Still in Chase, job done for the weekend.

I really didn't want to let you by, but I was running my fastest laps of the race with the two of you ahead of me.

Doesn't help that I was hitting the limiter at 181 mph, though. Oh well.

MÜLE_9242;7796655
You were in the middle of the racing line. I had nowhere to go. If I let off, I lose them. If I try to take the inside, I smoke my tires, have to let off and lose them.

Either way, I was screwed. Nothing I could do.

Also, on the frontstretch, Knelly could have moved to the left and you guys could have drafted over there. Knelly got up to my bumper instead of moving to the left and screwed that up.

There's nothing in the rules that states that you cannot stay on the racing line if you are a lap down.

Official Best Buy 125 Results:

1. #48 Akmuq(25 laps led) - 20 points, +2 bonus points
2. #88 RFLX_Niop(5 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3. #42 Spurgy777(2 laps led) - 16 points, +1 bonus point
4. #14 Furinkazen(1 lap led) - 14 points, + 1 bonus point*
5. #83 RedPartyHat(16 laps led) - 12 points, +1 bonus point
6. #24 Knelly - 11 points
7. #43 JoeOfTheFire - 10 points
8. #24 Smuffyatfcp - 9 points
9. #43 MULE_9242 - 8 points
10. #99 Gokartman(Pole Position) - 7 points, +1 bonus point
11. #83 MattyMc1996 - 6 points
12. #11 Stormtrooper2178 - 5 points
13. #20 Neljack(1 lap led) - 4 points, +1 bonus point

*Furinkazen is being issued a warning for multiple counts of avoidable contact. Also, when coming to the green flag, it's unacceptable to sit back 20 car lengths in order to get a run on the lead pack.

mRvOm.jpg

I watched some of the replay and noticed that I had Racing Hard tires on as opposed to Racing Medium. :banghead: I swear that I equipped Racing Medium before I entered the lobby.

Back