GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
Can we do a pace lap or line up in qualifying order for the race start? I'd like to start in first place...you know...after I get the pole...just saying.

Good luck guys at the last race if the season!!!!

Thanks Jakob.

With one race left, it's getting close to draft time. However, it would be great to know what size teams we will be looking at. Same as this season or will we be making it three cars for each team?

Think that's important to know.

Plus, I'm going to look at a potential schedule at lunch, to try and fall in line with the beginning of the IRL SC. Will we be using this thread to discuss things, or set up a discussion thread?

Can we do a pace lap or line up in qualifying order for the race start? I'd like to start in first place...you know...after I get the pole...just saying.
Yes, for the finale we should definitely do a pace lap.

With one race left, it's getting close to draft time. However, it would be great to know what size teams we will be looking at. Same as this season or will we be making it three cars for each team?
We'll be moving to 3 cars per team, it seems that's what the majority of the people want. I'm also thinking we should limit teams to having 2 chase drivers from the previous season. Thoughts?

Plus, I'm going to look at a potential schedule at lunch, to try and fall in line with the beginning of the IRL SC. Will we be using this thread to discuss things, or set up a discussion thread?
We'll just use this thread for discussion, I'm not planning on having too much time off before the start of season 5.

Yes, for the finale we should definitely do a pace lap.

Hasn't been done for the rest of the Season(s). I think it should stay with rules unchanged and adopt it afresh next season!

We'll be moving to 3 cars per team, it seems that's what the majority of the people want. I'm also thinking we should limit teams to having 2 chase drivers from the previous season. Thoughts?

3 cars per team should take away a good majority of teams working together, and make the team championship much more of a battle.

The silence on the second part probably speaks for itself!

We'll just use this thread for discussion, I'm not planning on having too much time off before the start of season 5.

👍 I have put a makshift schedule together at work, but it doesn't start till Feb 16th to fall in line with the start of IRL schedule. It's not bad, and a little longer. Do you want me to try and post it?

Don't dc Niop! Or else MULE might win!

Erm, there will be other Hendrick cars out there you know, with better Indy results this Season. I think a 1st and a 2nd are fairly credible, no?

Plus, I think I'm confirmed as able to race this Saturday.

If the reduction in Chase-drivers per team is implemented (and it should be), there shouldn't be as much of a problem with a 4-car HMS team. Combine the 4-car HMS team with just a single 2-car team (the other Chevy team, SHR), and the coming season should still be very well balanced between teams and manufacturers (except for Ford, who are just always going to be short). Winning the championship would still be the ultimate goal of any aspiring power-team owner, as it's the most sure way to lock up the only 4-car team available.

Would be interesting to see what akmuq is going to do if he becomes champion. He'd have to ditch either Niop or Knelly (or both in the most hardcore case) no matter what happens. :dopey:

I can already feel that the outcome of this draft will be much better than that of the last one, which sucked.

I think the 88 would join the 42 and 14.

Dale Junior drives a Hendrick car. It would make absolutely ZERO sense to move the 88 from HMS to SGR. I'm pretty sure that if all teams become three-car teams, the 2010 #24 would simply go away at HMS. SGR would simply add a 2010 #14 for their third car (the 2010 #42 looks exactly like the 2011, so it's a bad pick for a duplicate car). Hopefully, SGR stays as a two-car team and HMS stays as a four-car team.

Would be interesting to see what akmuq is going to do if he becomes champion. He'd have to ditch either Niop or Knelly (or both in the most hardcore case) no matter what happens. :dopey:

I can already feel that the outcome of this draft will be much better than that of the last one, which sucked.

It doesn't matter if I win the championship though, I'll still be picking ahead of Niop and Knelly. Unless Niop makes up a tonne of points on me and beats me.

But I don't plan on being a team owner anyway.:)

It doesn't matter if I win the championship though, I'll still be picking ahead of Niop and Knelly. Unless Niop makes up a tonne of points on me and beats me.

But I don't plan on being a team owner anyway.:)

I'm sure you care at least a little. Winning the championship isn't just that, it's also beating MULE!

Why not keep the 2 and 4 car teams, but the top 2 drivers from each team score team points.

That is the current system.

The biggest issue has been the relative strength of a 4-car team that had 4 Chase drivers from last season, when some two car teams had no Chase-level drivers from last year. It would be very hard for any team of two "new" drivers to take on 4-Chase drivers in any oval event because of the sheer strength in numbers possessed by the larger team.

Think back to the first SSRX race this season. You simply could not push past the Niop/ACDC/Knelly/Tom express when they were together.

At least by making the larger teams take a non-Chase driver or two, the top-level talent will be more spread out among different teams. So the theory goes, anyway.

Think back to the first SSRX race this season. You simply could not push past the Niop/ACDC/Knelly/Tom express when they were together.

At least by making the larger teams take a non-Chase driver or two, the top-level talent will be more spread out among different teams. So the theory goes, anyway.

you could have got past them with my lag :D. I was doing 273 at SSRX this season :D

Don't dc Niop! Or else MULE might win!

That's not a bad thing, though. I know the majority of you in the Toyota camp hate me, but c'mon. I'm the underdog here. Up against the Hendrick juggernaut in full force.

Thanks Jakob.

Think that's important to know.

I'd be in favour of 3-car teams all around, but I',m fine with either. I have a decent idea of what I want to do for next season now anyway.

I'm sure you care at least a little. Winning the championship isn't just that, it's also beating MULE!

And that makes it any different from beating anyone else? Or do I just have a little extra "#yawn" factor?

The RPH/D4ve/Neljack/Carb train was faster :D

MÜLE_9242;7986568
That's not a bad thing, though. I know the majority of you in the Toyota camp hate me, but c'mon. I'm the underdog here. Up against the Hendrick juggernaut in full force.

I'm an underdog to :(

Dale Junior drives a Hendrick car. It would make absolutely ZERO sense to move the 88 from HMS to SGR. I'm pretty sure that if all teams become three-car teams, the 2010 #24 would simply go away at HMS. SGR would simply add a 2010 #14 for their third car (the 2010 #42 looks exactly like the 2011, so it's a bad pick for a duplicate car). Hopefully, SGR stays as a two-car team and HMS stays as a four-car team.

I mentioned to Niop many moons ago the idea of shifting the #88 to go with the #14 and #42 to form a Earnhardt-Ganassi-Stewart team.

Though I agree with 2010 and 2011 cars as well.

I think 3 car teams all round would be good 👍 and I don't think we really need to cap the number of chase drivers in a team, the people who got through to the chase aren't really a lot better, if at all, than the other regular drivers like Neljack, Smuffy, Carb, and GKM when his connection is working :lol:

I think 3 car teams all round would be good 👍 and I don't think we really need to cap the number of chase drivers in a team, the people who got through to the chase aren't really a lot better, if at all, than the other regular drivers like Neljack, Smuffy, Carb, and GKM when his connection is working :lol:

Pretty much agree.
Niop and Knelly have agreed to be on seperate teams next season anyway.

Seeing D4ve or Matty won't be racing on Sat, I'm going to ask one of my other friends to come race, you guys don't know him. I'll say the official word once he confirms.

Well guys, I've been doing a lot of thinking. I'm sorry to say I will not be hosting another season. I just don't have the motivation to do it. :(

I hope that somebody will step up and take over. If they do I will still continue to race, as I still enjoy battling with you guys.

Well guys, I've been doing a lot of thinking. I'm sorry to say I will not be hosting another season. I just don't have the motivation to do it. :(

I hope that somebody will step up and take over. If they do I will still continue to race, as I still enjoy battling with you guys.

Three time champ can't win the title this year, picks up his ball and takes it home :sly:

Knelly is going to do it, just so he can change the start time. :lol:

Oh man ..... I just don't think I can commit the time to it. I want to but I know how much hard work it is.

With work and family, it would be tough, plus I've attempted a couple of series and in my opinion, unsuccesfully.

What are peoples thoughts on me taking control??? Any other volunteers?

Back