Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
11scapu.jpg

Season 4 will be the first NASCAR Truck season to run in full co-operation with the Sprint Cup and Nationwide leagues. The schedule looks planned so it runs 8 races, all pre Sprint Cup chase, with 2 events every 4 weeks on average, and 8 in all. 2 races at Motegi, 2 at Indianapolis, 2 at Daytona, and two at SSRX.

Last season and indeed in Season 1 the Toyota Tacoma dominated. For this season Toyota will be pegged back with 50kg extra ballast to bring it to 1550kg. The Chevrolet may have a small power increase of approx 20hp from its current 799hp.

NASCAR Truck Series Season 4 will run 8pm to 10pm Friday evenings BST. The races will be approx 1 hour, except the season opener, which is a full length 100 laps of Daytona.

Also plans are to have a full formation lap before each race except SSRX, which may start at the 1000m marker on the first straightaway.

Thoughts?

(Please note dates are in a Month / Day / Year format)

Updated schedule with dates:

(Please note dates are in a Month / Day / Year format)

08-17-12: 01: NextEra Energy Resources 250 @ Daytona Superspeedway (100 laps) (CAUTIONS)

08-24-12: 03: Toyota 200k @ SS Route X (7 laps) (CAUTIONS)

09-07-12: 04: Pensylvania 100 @ Pocono (41 laps) (CAUTIONS)

09-14-12: 05: Camping World 150 @ Motegi Superspeedway (100 Laps) (CAUTIONS)

09-21-12: 06: Kobalt Tools 100 @ Las Vegas (65 Laps) (CAUTIONS)

10-05-12: 07: Monster Energy 125 @ Monster Raceway (125 laps) (NO CAUTIONS)

10-12-12: 08: NASCAR Japan 100 @ Motegi Superspeedway (60 laps) (CAUTIONS)

10-19-12: 09: Coca Cola 150 @ SS Route X (8 laps) (CAUTIONS)

11-02-12: 10: Virginia Tech 100 @ Martinsville (100 Laps) (NO CAUTIONS)

11-09-12: 11: Kroger 150 @ Daytona Superspeedway (60 laps) (CAUTIONS)

11-16-12: 12: Brickyard 150 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (60 Laps) (CAUTIONS)

PROVISIONAL TEAMS - ALL TRUCKS CHEVY SILVERADO SS, FULL MODS @ 750hp:

RPM
Furinkazen / Flying Fox / Spurgy777

Chip Ganassi Racing
Chqr / Neljack / TomMcD

VenoMMotorpsorts
Gokartman / Akmuq / / DrifterJoe

Average Joe Motorsports
JediJoe

DBC Racing ???
Carbonox

All wrapped up pre-chase, allowing any Sprint Cup drivers to focus on the chase.

Also this series is exempt from any restrictions that NW and Sprint Cup have about being eligible for pts.

Teams of two or three

Last edited:
You know my thoughts on this, I want the Trucks all pegged back to sub 500hp (maybe even less than NW to be realistic) on ovals so it isn't a total crapshoot like Thunder was last night. Power = wrecks.

Go mad with it on the road courses, full power, but it doesn't make sense at Tona, Indy and SSRX considering the cars run 300hp less than last season's spec IRL.

You know my thoughts on this, I want the Trucks all pegged back to sub 500hp (maybe even less than NW to be realistic) on ovals so it isn't a total crapshoot like Thunder was last night. Power = wrecks.

Go mad with it on the road courses, full power, but it doesn't make sense at Tona, Indy and SSRX considering the cars run 300hp less than last season's spec IRL.

Specs are same as last season except the Tacoma weight tweak and possible Chevy change.

Specs are same as last season except the Tacoma weight tweak and possible Chevy change.

That's asking for trouble really, just my two cents. Considering that some of the drivers in this series won't be as experienced as the guys in the Sprint Cup who use 300hp less, I think there'll be real problems going 2 and 3 wide.

Problem is lessening power just hands it to Toyota. And we've never had too many issues with these. You can;t just run in a huge pack lap after lap, its more about tandem racing and getting yourself lined up.

I'm happy to test with you and a couple other after Vintage NASCAR tonight if you want.

You could solve that issue by using a single truck like the Chevy; it sounds stupid having a spec CWTS but the fact is the trucks in the game are just far too different to be equalised at every single track under one set of specs.

You say that, but the races at Daytona I've done have been completely mental mainly due to the instability of these cars at such ridiculously high speeds. And when you're on old tyres it's just plain dangerous. The Truck Series shouldn't be the most challenging series in the NASCAR ladder but that's what it was last season due to the specs.

Sure, if I'm around I'll test with you man cos' I'm quite adamant about this 👍

I totally agree with McD on this one.

My thoughts would be to exactly go single-spec.

EDIT: Love the schedule although I wouldn't mind dropping an SSRX race and going back to HSR but that's my opinion.

Oh yeah, Furi, make some Truck Teams now. Let's spice things up proper Nascar style.

Teams possible this season, and a makes championship in works.

Lats time it was spec people said "no, we want all 3 trucks back".

Well unless you want another complete domination you haven't got many options really. Road courses have turns and the Toyota is better in them, it's just a fact.

We have no road courses this season, and Toyota will be heavier.

I, Furinkazen, solemnly swear to provide competitive and close racing in Trucks S3 where all Trucks will be of similar speed and performance. I WILL introduce a Teams' Championship to give the series more of a Nascar feel to it. I WILL never reintrodruce Monster Raceway into any of my series again.

Do you abide, Furinkazen? :sly:

I, Furinkazen, solemnly swear to provide competitive and close racing in Trucks S3 where all Trucks will be of similar speed and performance. I WILL introduce a Teams' Championship to give the series more of a Nascar feel to it.

Do you abide, Furinkazen? :sly:

Yes :sly:

Want to do some testing now?

my suggestion would be to drop the toyota and make it a Ford vs Chevy battle

and drop one race at ssrx for a third race at motegi at different specs from the other two races there

rustyMercedes
my suggestion would be to drop the toyota and make it a Ford vs Chevy battle

and drop one race at ssrx for a third race at motegi at different specs from the other two races there

Agree on the race drop man.

Ford's too slow at ovals which is why I suggested spec Chevy.

Right we have new specs which has evened it all up, They will be revealed soon.

700hp, 1550kg WITHOUT Superchargers, except for Dodge RAM which is allowed supercharger. Yes the Dodge RAM.

My suggestion would be to seed drivers who sign up.

So the best four drivers to sign up would be Dodge:

Dodge Group: Niop, JoeOfTheFire, Drop and Carbonox

Next best four drivers would be Ford:

Ford Group: Gokartman, Furinkazen, Crazy and Tom.

Next best four would be Chevy.

The 'worst four' would be Toyota.

---

The DODGE is competitive.

Last edited:
700hp, 1550kg, Superchargers on all. Works amazingly! :gtpflag:

Even the Dodge can keep up thanks to somebody. :sly:

I'll do some testing tomorrow to ensure they are balanced but from Motegi and Daytona draft running, every car was leading at some stage.

I think we've hit the sweet spot, Furinkazen. Great test today lads.

Last edited:
Even the Dodge can keep up thanks to somebody. :sly:

I'll do some testing tomorrow to ensure they are balanced but from Motegi and Daytona draft running, every car was leading at some stage.

I think we've hit the sweet spot, Furinkazen. Great test today lads.

Oh yeah. And we WILL have a teams championship as well.

Trux are back, I see.

Unfortunately, what I don't see is myself running any Daytona races because now it's proven in both Thunder and Vintage NASCAR - people aren't careful enough, not in short nor long races. I'm not racing to get wrecked every single time. 👎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back