GTP NASCAR Truck Series S4 - Akmuq, Pepsi Racing Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,027 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
And this one has what real Pocono lack, decent amounts of banking.

Unfortunately it's banked the wrong way and Furi didn't bother getting rid of the camber.

Hey, you loved my Eifel track that had the ridiculously off-camber hairpin. ;)

And this one has what real Pocono lack, decent amounts of banking.

Unfortunately it's banked the wrong way and Furi didn't bother getting rid of the camber.

It won't run 2.5 miles without the camber... and it makes it a little more interesting. In a whole hour of trying to get a Pocono, I got this and a 1.64 mile version.

Anyhow feel free to join :)

Very wild finish. Big one wipes out the field leaving me vs Joe vs DK, Joe wins. I did another late race rally :lol:

1st Joe
2nd Furi
3rd DK

I've been watching the replay, here's the analysis:

In the first corner of the final lap, Furi gets a massive run on everyone and moves to the inside, touching akmuq, and takes the lead (for the record, I didn't push Furi). Then, in the next corner, I got to the inside and braked early enough, but akmuq came blowing by with a divebomb, which gave him a brief lead and left me in 2nd by some miracle. Furi then passed us both while I took a bump from Kartman (who was bumped by RPH), which causes me to touch wheels with akmuq, who spins, resulting in the "Big One".

Overall, I don't know who is to blame for the Big One, but I can definitely say that I can't find any reason to blame myself.

Really 🤬 off again. Same as last week, had a really good lead of 10 seconds over Joe, Kartman was right behind me but had much worse tyres. Then a few laps till the end a caution comes out, keep the lead until the last lap. But at T2 I get 4 cars up the inside of me, 2 of which dived up the inside at the last minute, well, Carb went to sneak up the inside last minute and he could of pulled it off had Akmuq not punted him then dived to the inside going way too fast. But anyway, it ended up shoving everyone along putting me on the grass and down into 8th where I would of stayed had it not been for a crash straight after. It's just a joke, hardly fair on me because for 2 weeks in a row a certain win has turned into 5th place because of people crashing with a few laps to go and then divebombing on the last lap.

Was not a divebomb, I went to push Carb through, but he went up into Furi and back into me spinning me in front of all of you, completely my fault, but that wasn't the race-breaker, it was when Carb pitted me and the result took out 5 or 6 cars.

I've been watching the replay, here's the analysis:

In the first corner of the final lap, Furi gets a massive run on everyone and moves to the inside, touching akmuq, and takes the lead (for the record, I didn't push Furi). Then, in the next corner, I got to the inside and braked early enough, but akmuq came blowing by with a divebomb, which gave him a brief lead and left me in 2nd by some miracle. Furi then passed us both while I took a bump from Kartman (who was bumped by RPH), which causes me to touch wheels with akmuq, who spins, resulting in the "Big One".

Overall, I don't know who is to blame for the Big One, but I can definitely say that I can't find any reason to blame myself.

Sorry for suspecting you Carb, all happened in a rush, perhaps my huge run shocked the 🤬 out of me.

Was not a divebomb, I went to push Carb through, but he went up into Furi and back into me spinning me in front of all of you, completely my fault, but that wasn't the race-breaker, it was when Carb pitted me and the result took out 5 or 6 cars.

Pushing in a corner? :confused: I could've taken 2nd or 3rd place and keep it thereafter if it wasn't for your aggressiveness... although if the wreck didn't happen over there, it'd have happened at the final corner...

And as I said, I got pushed from the side by Kartman which caused a slight contact which was enough to turn you around with these sensitive cars...

just looked at the replay. It looks like too many cars heading into T2, nothing you could have done. It was either gonna happen into T2 or outa T2 when everyone cut back. The collision was inevitable, it was just a bit of luck who made it through :)

Looked at the replay- my thoughts on it now are the same as when it happened-
That's racin'. Nobody's fault.

Pushing in a corner? :confused: I could've taken 2nd or 3rd place and keep it thereafter if it wasn't for your aggressiveness... although if the wreck didn't happen over there, it'd have happened at the final corner...

And as I said, I got pushed from the side by Kartman which caused a slight contact which was enough to turn you around with these sensitive cars...

You can't presume you were getting 2nd or 3rd to be honest for a start.

And I saw the replay you could have easily straightened up the car after kartman had gone.

I've got to be honest, I think the track we were on didn't help, grass sides and backwards banking.

And I saw the replay you could have easily straightened up the car after kartman had gone.

I've got to be honest, I think the track we were on didn't help, grass sides and backwards banking.

I couldn't see Kartman so I naturally wasn't expecting to get bumped sideways like that.

I agree the track left less margin for error. I want to know why did people leave so much room it seemed down to turn 2? Everyone jammed up in the high line.

I couldn't see Kartman so I naturally wasn't expecting to get bumped sideways like that.

Yeah but you know, like I said, after he had stopped, you would have easily made it out and would have been going with kartman for the win.

Yeah but you know, like I said, after he had stopped, you would have easily made it out and would have been going with kartman for the win.

Stopped where? In the pits? I don't understand what we're talking about anymore...

For the record, my tire life was only 10 green laps.

I think you guys are missing the point. The only reason we were 5 wide into T2 was because of Akmuq first nudging Carb into Furi putting us all a little wider, then divebombing along side Carb pushing everyone even further and sending me off onto the grass. Then we had everyone else trying to come through on the inside as the front group cut back across and you all sort of met in the middle.

I pitted around 10 to go and got a nice old run at the end... again. I'm making a habit of this. Also guys... when I call out under yellow "HOLD POSITION" everyone HOLD POSITION!!!

I think you guys are missing the point. The only reason we were 5 wide into T2 was because of Akmuq first nudging Carb into Furi putting us all a little wider, then divebombing along side Carb pushing everyone even further and sending me off onto the grass. Then we had everyone else trying to come through on the inside as the front group cut back across and you all sort of met in the middle.

Hardly, as the point isn't you getting on the grass, it's the incident.

And as I said, I pushed Carb into Furi, I didn't dive-bomb, if I dive-bombed, you would have all been off.

And as I said, I pushed Carb into Furi, I didn't dive-bomb, if I dive-bombed, you would have all been off.

The part where you pushed me probably wasn't a divebomb, but then you went right up my inside to take the lead... that hardly qualifies as anything but divebomb. And me & Furi nearly went off, but managed to save it as we were already slowing down.

I'm going to review the lot. I already know 1 penalty...

The part where you pushed me probably wasn't a divebomb, but then you went right up my inside to take the lead... that hardly qualifies as anything but divebomb. And me & Furi nearly went off, but managed to save it as we were already slowing down.

There was nothing I could do after you went back into me, it was a push, which itself was a big mistake, and then when it went wrong and you bounced from furi then into me I couldn't do a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back