GTP NASCAR Truck Series S4 - Akmuq, Pepsi Racing Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,027 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone be against at the end of the season having a race to support breast cancer awarness?

I like the idea of a general draft, as long as we independents can keep running our 1 car teams....... and (Me specifically) keep delivering packages on our off-days :dopey:
I don't care about a breast cancer race (Would much rather have a Truck All-Star race in vein of the Cup/Nationwide ASR). I wouldn't run it anyway due to political reasons I don't want to get in to.

A draft is unlikely, as unlike Sprint Cup we don't have "team owners" or teams which stay the same every season.

We will be sticking with the Chevy Silverado SS for the foreseeable future. I see no reason to change.

Cautions WILL be staying next season, and there are some minor changes that are required to procedure, some clarifications and a couple tweaks. I fail to see any other "issues" RPH.

Furinkazen
I fail to see any other "issues" RPH.

Mostly the fact it doesn't matter if you get a big gap or not because more often than not you lose it because of a last minute caution. There's no reward for being the fastest and its not really racing. :rolleyes:

A draft is unlikely, as unlike Sprint Cup we don't have "team owners" or teams which stay the same every season.

But that's just the name of the team. Let the champ pick a 4-car team, 2nd a 3-car and so on... Does not need to be called the same every time. Thoughts?

We will be sticking with the Chevy Silverado SS for the foreseeable future. I see no reason to change.

Meh.👍

Cautions WILL be staying next season, and there are some minor changes that are required to procedure, some clarifications and a couple tweaks. I fail to see any other "issues" RPH.
You fail to see a lot.

But that's just the name of the team. Let the champ pick a 4-car team, 2nd a 3-car and so on... Does not need to be called the same every time. Thoughts?

I will consider, i'm open to idea's 👍

You fail to see a lot.

Really? Well its hard to see something when people don't tell you what you are supposed to be looking at.

I'm not saying get rid of cautions (though I'd love it if you did:sly:) but there needs to be more than just a few tweaks and clarifications. First, two things that need to be added are Heavy damage and strict pitting under caution and lucky dog rules. If the caution flag is out and someone entered the pits, they need to get penalized in the race as well as after the race like a drive-thru penalty and possibly temporary suspension. Also to make lucky dog rules easier, when caution is called, there should be absolutely no overtaking EVEN if you are a lap behind. Once the field is back together, the 1 lucky dog can quickly get his lap back. I know these weren't serious problems but they still occurred a few times. If someone were caught in a wreck and just "happened" to spin out close to pit entry, they can't just say "Oh I got spun into the pits from the wreck, also I'll be taking these free tires and gas as well and then come catch up with the pack because I got 'spun' into the pits:dopey:". Also I'm pretty sure that if you goes sideways into the pits, it'll give you a free pass. Pitting under caution needs serious penalty. Also raising the the amount of cars needed to wreck for a caution from 2 to at least 4-5. If you remember the Sprint Cup Bud Shootout, that huge wreck we had where 11 out of the 13 cars were involved is what cautions should be for. Not two cars all the way in last place getting tangled up and thus causing the whole field to be be forced to be together. If two cars who are not with the lead pack wreck, there should never ever ever ever ever ever be a caution. It makes it unfair for the people who actually put there self in a position to win. I hope these few tweaks and adjustments that I just explained is instated for next seasons caution procedures.

First, two things that need to be added are Heavy damage and strict pitting under caution and lucky dog rules. If the caution flag is out and someone entered the pits, they need to get penalized in the race as well as after the race like a drive-thru penalty and possibly temporary suspension.

Heavy damage I am not sure about this, I want to bring this to an oval series in future, but how would you implement it? Force damaged cars to do another lap until pit opens to even it out?

Also to make lucky dog rules easier, when caution is called, there should be absolutely no overtaking EVEN if you are a lap behind. Once the field is back together, the 1 lucky dog can quickly get his lap back.

Possible, though I think clarification is needed more on WHEN the lucky dog can take his lap back.

Also raising the the amount of cars needed to wreck for a caution from 2 to at least 4-5. If you remember the Sprint Cup Bud Shootout, that huge wreck we had where 11 out of the 13 cars were involved is what cautions should be for. Not two cars all the way in last place getting tangled up and thus causing the whole field to be be forced to be together. If two cars who are not with the lead pack wreck, there should never ever ever ever ever ever be a caution. It makes it unfair for the people who actually put there self in a position to win. I hope these few tweaks and adjustments that I just explained is instated for next seasons caution procedures.

Agreed on raising number possibly to 3. Obviously exceptions sometimes would happen, if like at this seasons Daytona opener we had a car stopped with no sign of movement in middle of track (remember Mule?).

Heavy damage I am not sure about this, I want to bring this to an oval series in future, but how would you implement it? Force damaged cars to do another lap until pit opens to even it out?

That is absolutely what I'm saying, Just because someone has engine damage and a few wheels damaged doesn't mean the truck is absolutely undrivable and there is no way he will be able to drive back up and get with the pack. If the damaged car does so however fail to catch up with the pack, then it is his loss and he won't be able to pit with the pack. That is exactly what we did in the 3 weeks of Tom's Indycar. Only thing that needs to happen is pace speed needs to drop to like 50-60MPH.

Also forgot to say this in the other post, we need more stewards than just Furi...

That is absolutely what I'm saying, Just because someone has engine damage and a few wheels damaged doesn't mean the truck is absolutely undrivable and there is no way he will be able to drive back up and get with the pack. If the damaged car does so however fail to catch up with the pack, then it is his loss and he won't be able to pit with the pack. That is exactly what we did in the 3 weeks of Tom's Indycar. Only thing that needs to happen is pace speed needs to drop to like 50-60MPH.

Also forgot to say this in the other post, we need more stewards than just Furi...

I see the idea, also you could drop off lead lap as a consequence, kinda like real life as well there as well.

Another idea I have is GWC's for races, only one though, thoughts?

EDIT, Stewards? We'll discuss in off season. Open to that idea.

Use IndyCar caution procedure and add heavy damage as it only works if you do that, problem solved.

Know I'm not racing anymore but it seems stupid that nobody has suggested this before. Might stop everybody driving like idiots as well.

Use IndyCar caution procedure and add heavy damage as it only works if you do that, problem solved.

Know I'm not racing anymore but it seems stupid that nobody has suggested this before. Might stop everybody driving like idiots as well.

Heavy damage would certainly make people think more. 👍

Heavy damage, no cautions.

Bad drivers will soon be left behind, unable to catch back up to the lead pack, especially in large numbers. Problem solved.

If bad drivers continually keep collecting innocent bystanders in accidents, kick the bad drivers out of the series, first temporarily, then permanently if problems continually persist. More problems solved.

MustangRyan
Heavy damage, no cautions.

Bad drivers will soon be left behind, unable to catch back up to the lead pack, especially in large numbers. Problem solved.

If bad drivers continually keep collecting innocent bystanders in accidents, kick the bad drivers out of the series, first temporarily, then permanently if problems continually persist. More problems solved.

Or this. Might solve the problem you have with half the grid not being able to go 100 yards without wrecking someone.

Or this. Might solve the problem you have with half the grid not being able to go 100 yards without wrecking someone.

Even if it happens once, it won't happen again, because you won't put everyone back on fresh tires and reform the pack over and over and over again.

Eliminating cautions also eliminates the lucky dogs and wave-arounds that put bad drivers back on the lead lap. That alone should be reason enough to do it.

And this also means if you get wrecked by a bad driver, you get yourself auto-screwed over for the rest of the race.

Furinkazen
And this also means if you get wrecked by a bad driver, you get yourself auto-screwed over for the rest of the race.

Yes but it only happens ONCE. Plus, you can sanction drivers more heavily due to the impact crashing has on other driver's races.

I'm not going to mention names here but if you want to solve the problem of bad drivers, make the series invitation only and kick a few people out for god sake. I know you can be sketchy on numbers but a couple of the guys here are beyond useless and a complete liability on track.

Yes but it only happens ONCE. Plus, you can sanction drivers more heavily due to the impact crashing has on other driver's races.

I'm not going to mention names here but if you want to solve the problem of bad drivers, make the series invitation only and kick a few people out for god sake. I know you can be sketchy on numbers but a couple of the guys here are beyond useless and a complete liability on track.

Well for that aspect, I got IROC III next year which has plans similar to what is being discussed here, and thats invite-only.

Heavy damage looks probable for next season, might stick with the current pit system though, makes it better.

Only problem I can see with heavy damage is when you get lag bumped you recive engine damage and get left behind through no fault of your own

Only problem I can see with heavy damage is when you get lag bumped you recive engine damage and get left behind through no fault of your own

Might make races more tactical - when do you back off? When do you decide not to go 3x3x3 all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back