GTP Online Racing Bureau (GTP ORB) Now Hiring!

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 1,489 comments
Maybe he approves! I PM'ed him about the user title problem, and he didn't say anything negative about our group. How awesome would it be if he backed us up? :D

R1600Turbo
Just a quick note on the License logo, I actually liked the smaller ones from before with the little symbols.

Edit: Jordan was just viewing this thread. :nervous:

:scared:

Yeah, I spoke to him over a PM about my title mishap and he didn't mention a problem with us. I think we're clear.

Alright.
Now, have you guys got any thoughts on times for licenses?

My thoughts on it is:
Beginner - Comes with registration.
Amateur - Suzuki Swift (CS) Tsukuba 5:00 (Averaging 1:15 per lap)
Intermediate - Mercedes SLS (SS) Nurburgring GP/F 8:42 (Averaging 2:10.5 per lap)
Advanced - Cobra 427 (RM) Laguna Seca 6:08 (Averaging 1:32.5 per lap)

Sounds good to me! Although don't listen to me, I don't need the license ;).

I'm bored, so I'm gonna test JL's times. Let's see how good I am :).

I'll try to do a little testing later tonight when I'm back from work. So are we going with the old license tags or the new orb icon thing? I'm good either way 👍 thanks for the feedback guys.

Just hit a 1:14.8XX on my first lap with the Swift, that one should be okay.

I'll try to do a little testing later tonight when I'm back from work. So are we going with the old license tags or the new orb icon thing? I'm good either way 👍 thanks for the feedback guys.

Old ones. They were pretty cool looking. :) (If that matters)

Just hit 2:13.XXX with SLS on my first try with no warmup. Keep in mind that I suck pretty bad, so that should be fine too. Cobra time.. :scared:

I like the old ones.

I do too. I wonder what kind of times you could hit on these tracks, R1600. I'd probably be very embarrassed. :lol:

Oh my god.. I did it! I hit the target time with the Cobra! 1:32.2XX :D. That's an amazing car, I'm literally laughing, that was so fun.

Last edited:
The old ones we're my preference as well.

And I think those ought to be pretty alright times. But I'll be glad to gather the forces again and get back at it.

I'm going on in a few minutes to do mock tests according to the times we have now.

I think I might take a shot at this later. I hope I'm fast enough. :ouch:
I really want to drive that SLS.

You might need to modify the SLS times, because the other two weren't THAT hard to hit, but I was a second or two off the SLS time.

@ED, if I'm fast enough, you'll be fast enough :lol:. I'm not that great.

http://bit.ly/orbtesting

There's the sheet^ I'll be putting together all the times in there.

Remember we're running with tire wear off so it's extremely vital that you do these tests under the right conditions or the times are useless.

I did. All aids off (ABS 1), grip reduction to Real, tire wear Off. Correct?

I was thinking of down grading the Cobra's tires. I didn't even feel like I was on edge at all going that speed in it. Either that or going and running a few more sessions to set a faster time.

Now, what would you suggest for the SLS? I didn't find a 2:10.5 to be that hard to do, but I may have just figured that car out. What are your thoughts on the Suzuki? That seemed like the best choice for a Amateur test.

And tire wear off? That's too easy! I did everything with it on!

I was thinking of down grading the Cobra's tires. I didn't even feel like I was on edge at all going that speed in it. Either that or going and running a few more sessions to set a faster time.

Now, what would you suggest for the SLS? I didn't find a 2:10.5 to be that hard to do, but I may have just figured that car out. What are your thoughts on the Suzuki? That seemed like the best choice for a Amateur test.

The Suzuki was fun. And I was definitely on edge with the Shelby.. Ego killed. :lol: You guys do whatever, the times you set seemed okay, except the Mercedes was twitchier than the Cobra.

Tire wear needs to be off because we don't want the variable of different driving styles to impact the tests. It's all about raw consistency.

But yes, like I suggested before,

Mercedes SLS on Nurburgring GP/F (Sports Hard)
Nissan GTR on Suzuka Circuit (Sports Hard)
Cobra on Trial Mt/Laguna/Cote d'Azure (Sports Soft)
Suzuki Swift on Tsukuba (Comfort Medium)
Golf GTI on Monza (Comfort Soft)

But for the Amateur test I'd like to test out the Mini on Comfort Softs and Sport Hards on Suzuka East and Laguna Seca, should really test out the driver's ability to work with understeer. I'm also looking at the RX-7 with Sport Mediums for the intermediate test possibly on Deep Forest.

Have lots of ideas, need to test them when I have time tomorrow night.

Wait, what was wrong with the three everyone had already tested? I'm lost.

We're not just going to come up with three random tests and stick with them. We're going to test LOTS of combinations. There's tons of scenarios to mix with.

Here's the recommended garage car list:
http://wiki.gtleagueoz.com/index.php/GT5_Recommended_Garage

We need to find the perfect challenge at each level, this isn't going to be thrown together over night, we probably won't have the final tests till one weeks time from now.

@JL
Since we're gonna be doing heavy damage, weak penalties and such can you please try those out a couple times if you're testing tonight? Also would be awesome if you guys could do a mock license test and come up with a challenging target time over 4 laps.

I'm off to work,
Cheers

No Cobra on Monaco. That's just unfair no matter how you look at it. It was in no way meant to be on city courses.

The Golf isn't fast enough for Monza. If you want that track I suggest the Ferrari F40. I am also going to ask that we stick with the Sports Soft tires on the GT-R and the SLS because that is more or less the standard compound used in most racing. We want our license tests to reflect what will be seen in our races, and Sports Hards on a 500Hp car prolly won't be it.

I don't see how damage will effect the tests honestly. I mean if you hit hard enough to cause damage you've lost anyways. And, those times I gave are pretty good for a most test. Check the averages and you'll see what I mean

Last edited:
Back