GTP Online Racing Bureau (GTP ORB) Now Hiring!

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 1,489 comments
Again, I don't like the idea (though it seems I'm the minority here), but I do have a question.

Say that my series don't join up with this whole thing, but we get another incident like what happened at La Sarthe in the Lotus'. Would we still be allowed to contact someone from here for a more neutral point of view on the incident?

You guys are making it sound like I've never raced before. I've been playing GT for years and have watched racing since I was a kid, it's not like I'm ignorant. I know when a person is at fault and one isn't. And I wasn't even saying I should be the "know all, end all" judge. I was saying I'd be more fitted for a position to look over potential review situations before handing them off to the head judge.

CAMjhr
You guys are making it sound like I've never raced before. I've been playing GT for years and have watched racing since I was a kid, it's not like I'm ignorant. I know when a person is at fault and one isn't. And I wasn't even saying I should be the "know all, end all" judge. I was saying I'd be more fitted for a position to look over potential review situations before handing them off to the head judge.

That could work now that I think about it...
Someone complains, we direct them to you, you make a decision, if they disagree, you direct them to three or five (not three to five) judges who will make a final decision.

Let's try to keep things organized.
First, let's come up with a list of ALL the things we want to do.
Next, we'll go down that list one by one and work out how everything will work.
And finally, we'll put it into play with two or three series.

I think that we should be able to take complaints from series that aren't with us.
And we should give as many series' as possible a star rating if we're going to continue with that idea.

Sounds good to me. My job sounds cut and dry enough.

I, again, like the whole license idea, but how would we get everyone involved to go along with it?

And Cam, we weren't talking about you specifically, though I'm sorry it sounded that way. It was meant to be a general statement about the level of the judges.

Guess I'll put my hand up for a similar role, I'd rather be more of a 'consultant' than an official steward though.

JLawrence
I, again, like the whole license idea, but how would we get everyone involved to go along with it?

And Cam, we weren't talking about you specifically, though I'm sorry it sounded that way. It was meant to be a general statement about the level of the judges.

No problem at all, tone is hard to pick up over text at times 👍.

CAMjhr
Sounds good to me. My job sounds cut and dry enough.

Well that way, nobody will feel overwhelmed...
This is VERY ambitious, but if we spread out the work, we can all cut each other a little slack.

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and make that list, feel free to add on to it!

1)Accident Reviewal
2)Licensing System
3)Racing School
4).rar for Starting a Series?
5)Unified Points System?
6)Star Rating for Each Series
7)Penalty System for Bad Drivers

Sounds like a full plan to me! Maybe we should have some type of badge on our profile or post box to make sure no one tries to make a false claim as a member (when the spots get full, of course.).

Sounds like a full plan to me! Maybe we should have some type of badge on our profile or post box to make sure no one tries to make a false claim as a member (when the spots get full, of course.).

What do you mean as member?

Like an official member of a judging, licensing, or series overseer committee.

Well that way, nobody will feel overwhelmed...
This is VERY ambitious, but if we spread out the work, we can all cut each other a little slack.

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and make that list, feel free to add on to it!

1)Accident Reviewal
2)Licensing System
3)Racing School
5)Unified Points System?

1) I like that, the only issue is going to be getting the tape itself to the judges. I suppose if the head of any given race organization was PSN friends they could save any race warranting review, then share it via PSN with them, but I am not entirely sure about how all of that works honestly.

2) My only qualm with this is getting everyone to go along with it. I suppose that if we issued everyone a beginners upon initial registration it may ease some of it, but I know that a couple of guys that I race with in my series who would just think that this is dumb and not bother to go for any license even though they are very good drivers.

3) Not sure what you mean by it?

4) Ditto

5) My vote is for the Formula 1 points system. Very simple and straight forward.

6) How would ratings be assigned? And would they exclude certain licenses or just allude to the level of difficulty they offer?

7) Read my earlier post about a possible penalty system. I like the idea of using a toned down version of the SVRA/VDCA regs for this.

I would like to offer up the FMSC as one of the first series, however we don't start until October. (I could move that date though)

R1600Turbo
I would like to offer up the FMSC as one of the first series, however we don't start until October. (I could move that date though)

Awesome!
We'll probably use my ALMS series as well.

EliteDreamer
I would add something to that list, but it seems all ideas have been put down. :lol:

As in you have something else we could add?
:P
If anybody has any other ideas, feel free to share.

JL, I'll respond to your post a little later, I'm pretty busy right now and have a head ache. :ouch:

EliteDreamer
Other then series, can this go for spot races? Had to ask. :)

I suppose the rating system would work for them, but you can't really assess penalties for a single race unless we had some intuitive driver record for each driver. Which sounds a lot harder than just handing down penalties/suspensions :lol:.

JLawrence
1) I like that, the only issue is going to be getting the tape itself to the judges. I suppose if the head of any given race organization was PSN friends they could save any race warranting review, then share it via PSN with them, but I am not entirely sure about how all of that works honestly.

As the organizer of a race series, I save ALL replays.
For a league to be officially "sanctioned" by us, we'll make it a requirement for all replays to be saved.
The replay data can be exported to the XMB in the game. From there the organizer puts it on a USB, transfers it to their computer and uploads the data to a media sharing site, where the judges do that process in reverse.

JLawerence
2) My only qualm with this is getting everyone to go along with it. I suppose that if we issued everyone a beginners upon initial registration it may ease some of it, but I know that a couple of guys that I race with in my series who would just think that this is dumb and not bother to go for any license even though they are very good drivers.

So one of two things happen, they don't race, or the race organizer can make exceptions for people they already know are good racers.

JLawernce
3) Not sure what you mean by it?

We can offer race schools, to teach people proper racing techniques, improve driving lines, and to teach the general rules of the road. These could either be optional, or perhaps be required to have one of the higher end license levels.

JLawerence

Read Wardez's first post.

JLawerence
5) My vote is for the Formula 1 points system. Very simple and straight forward.

The Formula One points system is designed for a field of twenty+ cars with the same amount of cars appearing on the grid every race.
In GT5 it's 16 at the very most, often times less. And don't forget about multi class racing.
I think that IF we were to come up with a unified points system, it would have to be shaped specifically for GT5.

JLawerence
6) How would ratings be assigned? And would they exclude certain licenses or just allude to the level of difficulty they offer?

I think that two or three people should decide which rating a series should get.
The decision should factor in difficulty, competitiveness, seriousness, organization, and maybe required license level.
But I'd imagine that the series with higher ratings, would already require a higher license level.

JLawerence
7) Read my earlier post about a possible penalty system. I like the idea of using a toned down version of the SVRA/VDCA regs for this.

I actually think a points system similar to the infractions system we have here on GTPlanet should be used.
You start off with a certain number of points.
More points can be gained by completing the racing schools, higher level licenses, and winning a series.
Every time you cause an incident, a certain amount of points will be deducted.
Once you reach zero, you have to wait a few weeks before you regain a few points.
Another requirement to join a race series is to have above a certain number of infraction points.

I actually think a points system similar to the infractions system we have here on GTPlanet should be used.
You start off with a certain number of points.
More points can be gained by completing the racing schools, higher level licenses, and winning a series.
Every time you cause an incident, a certain amount of points will be deducted.
Once you reach zero, you have to wait a few weeks before you regain a few points.
Another requirement to join a race series is to have above a certain number of infraction points.

I liked everything you said except that last part.

That will absolutely never work. Trust me I've been around a lot of different people that've tried to track something like that and it's just such a bother it turns it into tedium. Unless we were paying someone to do it I wouldn't recommend it, you buying?

Anyway, I don't think there should be any sort of points system for docking or adding points for penalties and such, people would be able to see htier history and how many penalties they've received but that's it. And bannage.

No need for a continuous tracking system.

I like Wardez's idea. Maybe just a counter with a number of infractions, possibly put 2 in the counter if they intentionally do anything, and then people can see the frequency of mishaps from a given driver.

I'm sure you could just put our acronym in the main thread title of the series.

I guess you have a point there. Also... When is this planned to start off? I know it's just a discussion now, but it should really be done. I'm aware it'll take some time to organize all the essentials and what not. I would just like to know when this may actually happen.

I'm ready to go whenever, pretty much only have to change a few things and we're good to go. At this point I'm just making some pretty banners for the new season. :)

You've got some great ideas.

Can I be in on this?

I've had an idea on how licences can be given out.-

If a person wishes to join and gain a licence then he/she could go on-line in a private room with just a member of the organisation and be required to pass a time trial test (same car, track, set up for all) with the member of the organisation viewing to confirm it's a genuine lap time. Just an idea.

I'd like to get involved, although my commitment would be most on the forum (organising, helping with regulations) as I'm on a different time zone to most and my PS3 internet connection isn't the best around.
I've got a championship I'm already running, although very different to this I realise how these things work, if there's something I can help with just send me a PM. :)

shem
You've got some great ideas.

Can I be in on this?

I've had an idea on how licences can be given out.-

If a person wishes to join and gain a licence then he/she could go on-line in a private room with just a member of the organisation and be required to pass a time trial test (same car, track, set up for all) with the member of the organisation viewing to confirm it's a genuine lap time. Just an idea.

I'd like to get involved, although my commitment would be most on the forum (organising, helping with regulations) as I'm on a different time zone to most and my PS3 internet connection isn't the best around.
I've got a championship I'm already running, although very different to this I realise how these things work, if there's something I can help with just send me a PM. :)

Cool!
If you're in a different time zone (you're in East Asia right?) there's not much you can do to help us when we start this up.
But if you have any ideas feel free to post.

We're gonna need a couple people to organize our spreadsheets...

We can offer race schools, to teach people proper racing techniques, improve driving lines, and to teach the general rules of the road. These could either be optional, or perhaps be required to have one of the higher end license levels.

Please feel free to use any & all information from The Good Racecraft Guide in your endeavour, if you so choose.

👍

I'm ready too, although my job sounds like its gonna be exclusively up here.

There's still quite a few details we need to get sorted out.
Let's go down this list ONE BY ONE and get everything sorted out fir each one.
gogatrs
1)Accident Reviewal
2)Licensing System
3)Racing School
5)Unified Points System?

Starting with the first one, which is accident reviewal.
Are we agreed that one person is going to handle the initial complaint? They're going to make a decision. (this is going to be CAMjhr) If the accused/accuser feels that the decision wasn't fair, they can appeal to three judges that will make a majority vote.

Back