GTP Online Racing Bureau (GTP ORB) Now Hiring!

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 1,489 comments
I work with excel spreadsheets for my job, although they are really simple. But I do have enough experience to whip something up. Wardez knows a lot more than me. :)

Edit:

Starting with the first one, which is accident reviewal.
Are we agreed that one person is going to handle the initial complaint? They're going to make a decision. (this is going to be CAMjhr) If the accused/accuser feels that the decision wasn't fair, they can appeal to three judges that will make a majority vote.

That's good enough for me.

I would rather take it immediately to a panel of three simply because they can be more objective than one person. Now, nothing against Cam, but I've found that individuals can base their decision from anything to car color to whether or not the "defendants" gamertag is cool (just an example put to terms of GT5). I just think that in order to reduce the chance of biased decision making we use a minimum of three people for our judges.

I'm sure he personally would be fine, but it would save any chance of argument if we had a panel of three. If he made a decision about anything controversial there can always be that argument that he may have had a favorite out of the two etc. This would be especially true if he knew or was friends with one of them. Making it a panel of three would quell any argument of such.

JLawrence
I would rather take it immediately to a panel of three simply because they can be more objective than one person. Now, nothing against Cam, but I've found that individuals can base their decision from anything to car color to whether or not the "defendants" gamertag is cool (just an example put to terms of GT5). I just think that in order to reduce the chance of biased decision making we use a minimum of three people for our judges.

Well I wouldn't be seeing car color, because I wouldn't be doing video reviewing, I would be the listening part prior to that stage. Nor do weird PSN names bother me because I play Call of Duty, the world center of terrible names.

I'll put my hand up for that, car colour doesn't bother me nor gamertags. Having actual racing experience I'd look at it in the racing sense, not the gamer sense (that's the aim right?).

I'm sure he personally would be fine, but it would save any chance of argument if we had a panel of three. If he made a decision about anything controversial there can always be that argument that he may have had a favorite out of the two etc. This would be especially true if he knew or was friends with one of them. Making it a panel of three would quell any argument of such.

Well, if someone feels they got jipped do to biased decision making, they appeal to the three judges.
Simple as that.

Again, this is just me playing the devil's advocate. I would just like to make sure that this has been looked at in all angles before we rush into it.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure my job would just be kicking outrageous requests and submitting closer ones for video replay to the judges.

So what's the thing about car colors? I think that should be up to whoever is running each individual series. Usually I don't care what people use, but I do not allow chrome cars.

Chrome annoys you or something? I'm not against your opinion, I don't really like seeing them. Off-topic I know.

Next on the list? As I'm assuming the judging thing has been dealt with now.

Have we all decided on a name? :lol: Really I believe that's gogatrs decision, but I must mention it. :D

I think we should get all the details down and decide on a name just before we make an official thread or whatever will happen. The name will be the fun part 👍.

I think we should get all the details down and decide on a name just before we make an official thread or whatever will happen. The name will be the fun part 👍.

This

Number two on the list was the licensing system.
As of now I gather that the general consensus is to issue a beginners license to those starting out, then upgrade that license with either a time trial in from of a member(s) of the board or a series championship. We haven't made any sort of decision on the actual ranking of these have we though? I've heard both the same system as on GT already, and Bronze Silver, etc.

Are you guys planning on this being an official thing, for use with all the race series?

EDIT To respond to post above: Yes I believe this is supposed to be something official and any series can participate. I don't think it would exactly be mandatory for a series to join in. But I'd also imagine an individual driver would have to join this organization to race in a participating series if higher rank license requirements are involved.

Onto licenses...
So which will be the harder part? Making the license "challenges" or the actual ranks? I suggest we go on GT's license ranks. B, A, IC, IB, IA, S. You know? Or as I believe I mentioned before we could go off of something else like some sort of regional license. (Thinking about GRID...) Rookie, advanced, pro, and what not. And as GRID had it go off of experience and had one for U.S.A, Europe, and Japan. Or some other way of license ranking?

The ranks shouldn't be hard. I mean that part is just deciding how many and their names. I personally like - Rookie, Novice, Advanced, Professional, Expert. Five should be enough right?

I think our biggest challenge will be coming up with a plausible way to distribute and regulate them.

I think we need five or six license levels.
Each level should have a time trial, a 1v1 race, and four person race. And perhaps a test.

Yeah, I agree on the five thing, the Gran Turismo system is too many in my opinion. And to keep it simple it should probably just be a time trial and a 1v1 race (they don't necessarily have to win, just be clean and fast) so its not too much work to get all drivers in.

Or you must fulfill a certain goal in each time trial, 1v1, etc. Like how you said be clean and fair in the race rather then winning.

EliteDreamer
Or you must fulfill a certain goal in each time trial, 1v1, etc. Like how you said be clean and fair in the race rather then winning.

👍 Sounds great to me.

Each level should have a time trial, a 1v1 race, and four person race. And perhaps a test.

I say just base it off of their performance in races. They have to provide proof of finishes in 2-3 racing series, then you base it off of their average championship ranking.

1-3: Expert
4-6: Professional
7-9: Advanced
10-12: Novice
13-16: Rookie

Those that have never competed will have to earn a Rookie license by doing a specified time trial, then they can enter one of the lower racing series. (like my Hard Dog Challenge Cup) After they run a full season, their license can be updated accordingly.

Edit: Except I just realized that series with less than 16 drivers would effect those numbers....

We could make a mathematical formula using the number of racers participating to fit those stats. Divide 16 by the number of racers and multiply it by their finishing position and it'll fit that platform, although rounding would be needed, so we would always round up or down :). You have a math whiz in the group 👍.

Good cause I suck at math. :P But yeah, I was just thinking there was a way we could make it work using percentages instead.

R1600Turbo
Good cause I suck at math. :P But yeah, I was just thinking there was a way we could make it work using percentages instead.

It's really easy, easier than a percentage. You just count the number of races you finish in each category. Say you have 8 racers. 16 divided by 8 is 2. Say Driver X finished 5th. Multiply 2 by 5 and get 10, which is where he would have finished in a full room 👍.

Back