GTP Online Racing Bureau (GTP ORB) Now Hiring!

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 1,489 comments
JLawrence
My bad.
I made it more for a possible template anyways :P
Should I go back and put it in "form" form?

Nah, I did pretty much the same thing you did with the form spreadsheet.

JLawrence
10-4
Now what? lol

And how exactly does that form thing work?

When I start allowing responses, it'll work just like the position application form which is the first link in the OP.

JLawrence
Sweet sweet
So.
Series Application Form (x)
Tier System (x)
Review System (?)
And what else to begin with?

The process for accepting series...
I think that they're going to need to be re-accepted every season. A mid season review should also be required.

Why re-accepted? I don't think that need's to be done unless they make any kinda big changes to their format.

I do think that an occasional review/ examination of the series should be done though.

JLawrence
Why re-accepted? I don't think that need's to be done unless they make any kinda big changes to their format.

I do think that an occasional review/ examination of the series should be done though.

Maybe not reaccepted, but I do think that we should review it mid-season and between seasons.

I'm alive, just been busy.
I think we can actually start implementing some policies on our currrent series. The driver school and whatnot will have o wait, but I think we it the basics/important stuff straight

Okay guys, I spoke with JL about setting up a Japanese Grand Prix on the weekend of the actual race, in October, and he liked the idea. So, im just posting my rough, incomplete sketch of what the OP will look like for a group consensus. Any changes to make it look more professional or whatnot, are welcome.

Peter.
The Japanese Grand Prix

_49440949_petrovout.jpg

Presented by the GTPlanet Online Racing Bureau (ORB)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5720438#post5720438
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5720438#post5720438

Race Overview

fireshot-capture-2-the-official-formula-1-website-www_formula1_com_races_in_detail_japan_820_circuit_diagram_html-555x342.png

The GTPlanet Online Racing Bureau is proud to present to you, the Japanese Grand Prix! This race will take place on the weekend of the Japanese Grand Prix, and will take place at the legendary Suzuka Circuit! Your skill and ability will be pushed to the maximum as you manovre your car through the 18 corners this figure-of-eight race track has to offer. Some of racing's greatest legends have been crowned winners here, and perhaps you could join the ranks amongst the legends.

APTsugufumi-Matsumoto4.jpg
z7cqooqtvx.jpg

Onboard Lap

[YOUTUBEHD]N5Q1xQde0-k[/YOUTUBEHD]​

Also, the rules, they obviously won't be presented so simply, but this is what I had in mind:

Peter.
The race will be a full race distance, consisting of 53 laps. The lobby will be open 1 hour prior to qualifying for free practice if you wish. A 30 minute qualifying session will take place right before the race. Once qualifying begins, we go into Parc Ferme and you are NOT allowed to leave the racetrack. This is added to prevent confusion over starting positions, and also for that added bit of realism to the mix. Once qualifying begins, the track weather will be reset, and will NOT be reset again before the race. Grip reduction will be set to Real, and Tyre Wear/Fuel Consumption will be on, and penalties will be off. Damage will be set to Heavy. Driving Aids will all be switched off, with the exception of ABS.

Agroracer10
to whom it concerns. i put in a application. would love to help you guys out. i think this is a great idea.

I've taken a look at it, you look like you'll be in for one or two of the jobs.
Cant guarantee anything until we're up and running though.

Which should be now.
We've got all the bases aside from that driver school nonsense covered for a first "season" of events.

JLawrence
Which should be now.
We've got all the bases aside from that driver school nonsense covered for a first "season" of events.

Just need an OP...
If someone can type one up, it would be appreciated.
I'm relatively terrible with that sort of thing.

Can we give that to Peter to do as compensation for covering his F1 Grand Prix?
He's obviously quite good, and he can forward it to any one of us, whoever we elect to be in charge of maintaining it.

I suppose, though to do an OP for an F1 race is relatively easy as there is a lot of content available, so it may not be as easy to do others, but i'll try.

Would you guys be willing to steward my next series ?

Should have all the series info up in the next few days but you can find my first series here. ;)

I'm pretty sure, unless I'm wrong, that replays are only compatible in the same region so I would need a steward in Europe :)

Edit: Season 2 thread can be found here.

Last edited:
I would even be willing to stick my name down as another euro steward in return for you guys stewarding my series... :)

kk20
When is this going online? What needs to be done? I'll help out in any google docs etc...

Just need an OP drafted up which I have neither the time nor the skills to do.

gogatrs
Just need an OP drafted up which I have neither the time nor the skills to do.

what does the OP need to be about? I can type it up and you will submit it as a thread so you will have the ability to edit etc...

kk20
what does the OP need to be about? I can type it up and you will submit it as a thread so you will have the ability to edit etc...

That's what I'm thinking.
For now I think we just need an introduction, the second post can contain stuff that applies to drivers, and the third post can contain stuff for (soon to be) series organizers.

Back