GTP Online Racing Bureau (GTP ORB) Now Hiring!

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 1,489 comments
Come on, how bad could it possibly be. It'll certainly have interest being a a classic and generally admired track such as Monza, and if we're the only ones to do it, which it seems to be, that also means more racers. I'll take full responsibility if things don't work out and turn out wrong.

Thing is, there's a very limited amount of time to get anything going, and I can't start it up without you guys' approval, so pardon me for being impatient, but I need a yes right away.

CAM
I don't know if Wardez is down with us directly supporting events yet, but I'll the others hand down judgement there. As it is Friday, I have time to check in.

Honestly, and I mean no offense to the guy, but he hasn't done anythign special that would make him the "grand pubah" or whatever. We don't need his approval to do something. This is our group as much as his.

cough..cough 2012 presidential campaigns cough
Don't even get me started...

Thing is, there's a very limited amount of time to get anything going, and I can't start it up without you guys' approval, so pardon me for being impatient, but I need a yes right away.

I say try setting something up but with the disclaimer of "This is a possible event if everything goes well it will be Sunday, if there is a hitch to the plan it will be postponed."

I just need to know, can I associate it with ORB? Meaning call it the Santander Italian Grand Prix presented by the ORB?

How about "In affiliation with" as we really aren't to the point where we can truly claim other things, but we can certainly be a small part of it

The ORB isn't really even established or functioning yet. It also hasn't formed a reputation so if you put it's name on a hastily thrown together race that isn't organized by someone with experience and it ends up being a disaster then the ORB automatically starts off with a bad reputation and nobody will take anything you guys try to do seriously.

Just my 2 cents.

That's my thought with using the term affiliation. If we let it rest at being in charge of incident reviewal and the like it should be hands off enough to be free of backlash if it doesn't work out, but be able to look good if(when) it is successful.

Try this "What Would Obama Do?" Be all sneaky and political.

Yeah, you could say that ORB will review the accidents.
I don't think we want to be completely official with anything yet.

Alright, I listened to you guys, and have decided to scrap it for tomorrow, and maybe we could do it next week.

Now, since it won't be a rushjob, and we now have time to fill the list and get everything right, anyone interested?

This is a pretty genius idea lads, good thinking 👍

I am just wrapping up my first series and it has been pretty successful.

I would quite like to be a part of this and would be willing to create season 2 with your organizations sanctioning if at all possible.

It would save me a lot of work finding stewards and stopping arguments over penalties.

Anything I can do to help you guys just send me a pm,

Steg

If this thing ever gets off the ground....
I dunno what every one else wants to do with the GoogleDocs, or actual formatting else I'd get on it in my spare time.

JLawrence
If this thing ever gets off the ground....
I dunno what every one else wants to do with the GoogleDocs, or actual formatting else I'd get on it in my spare time.

I've been trying to work on those, but I've had VERY little time to.
It's been school, Cross Country, Homework, Food, Bed.

I'm trying guys, but I'm not sure that I can fully commit to this.

Since there's a lot more time to set up a proper race, rather than a half-assed one 1 day prior, how about now? Santander Italian Grand Prix presented by ORB? Pretty much the same thing as the Monaco Grand Prix held a while back by the ASRA.

I'm fine with it. If my opinion matters. Also, what are we waiting for exactly? I have the time and effort to put something together. Just tell me and I got it. As long as it doesn't involve graphics of an sort, I'm fine. I would be able to commit to this. Maybe not fully, but quite enough to do something. I'm up for whatever goes on.

Have a race for you to endorse if you don't mind?

I only can up with the idea today so it may take some time to get followers and properly formatted but I'm sure with some help from you guys it could be a success!

2011 Intercontinental Endurance

Write now I'm not sure about applying to have your race series approved and how that'll work.
Wardez where are you?
Working a little bit now...

Then there should only be 2 tiers, Casual and Serious. Any more than that and you'll end up with unfavorable labels that end up killing a series because nobody will want to join a lower tier league. Those are self explanatory too, Casual implies any skill level is welcome and the emphasis is on developing skills while Serious has emphasis on both driving and tuning and has tight competition.

I firmly believe that simpler is better and the less you ask or require of drivers/members the more successful it will be. So a league sanctioning process could be something like this:

A league director fills out the necessary Google doc to submit their league. An ORB official reviews the league thread and looks for things such as organization, clear explanation of format and rules, thorough regulations that cover all foreseeable incidents, procedures and requirements that are easily "police-able", etc. If the ORB Official believes it's up to snuff they will then sit-in on a race to ensure the director handles the race format and group effectively. If the Official approves then the league/club will be Sanctioned.

After that a league director must continue to meet ORB requirements such as maintaining the approved structure (no radical changes during the season), update their thread with results and info in a timely manner, and submit their results and incidents to the ORB in a timely manner. Failure to do so could results in probation or exclusion from the ORB.

Deciding whether it's Casual or Serious should be done based on format (group qualifying vs. live 4 lap qualifying, sprint vs. enduro, low-to-mid hp cars vs. high power cars/race cars, length of season). Ranking them based on competition of participants is tricky because this could vary from race to race. Maybe after 5 races a league could be reviewed and if it proves to consistently attract fast drivers and produce very close racing it could be given a Star Rating(Casual* or Serious*) to indicate a level of high competition.

That plus a race of champions in the future after we get winners and such.
It's the most logical way to go about it.

Its good. Let me see if I can clean it up a bit

Try this version

👍
That looks good.
Yours is a spreadsheet, not a form though.
If we can get everyone's approval we should be just about ready.
Everytime someone fills out that form, I'll get an e-mail.
When I get an e-mail I can announce it in the social group. The series is then added to the "que."

Latest Posts

Back