GTP Vintage NASCAR S2 | Niop takes the title!

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 271 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
its shape is an oval :)

at any rate we now have a tri-oval, a four turn rectangle-oval, and a different radius turn egg-shaped oval, all different challenges, now they just need to come out with Bristol :)...

Route X, Yet another oval. Pity it was not a bit smaller

#93 before anyone else thinks of taking it.

No idea how the times work for me, tbh. I'll figure that out later.

MÜLE_9242;7278981
#93 before anyone else thinks of taking it.

No idea how the times work for me, tbh. I'll figure that out later.

its around 3 or 4pm in the afternoon, I don't know if Ontario is central or eastern timezone

Did some testing last night. Testing was with full downforce.

A full tank of fuel will last for approximately 36 laps.

The tyre situation is a bit open. The right rear tyre gets the most wear but I did discover something interesting. After about lap 6 the lap time starts to go slightly, only about 100th of a second each lap, but your time does start dropping off, until lap 13 when they start coming back. Then they fall off a cliff at lap 15/16 when you start losing 10th's of seconds per sector.

I pitted at the end of lap 16 for fresh tyres and no fuel, did another couple of laps then stopped.

It will be an interesting race for sure.

By the way, in the freak event that Andy Murray reaches the Wimbledon final, round 1 may be delayed by 30 minutes - 1 hour depending on how long the match takes.

He won't. Tsonga will win and then go on to beat Djockovic to do something Murray hasn't yet.

5,000th post :cheers:

Last edited:
He won't. Tsonga will win and then go on to beat Djockovic to do something Murray hasn't yet.

That's why I said 'freak event' :) Tsonga is a machine, want him to win if Murray can't.

C'mon dude, it'll be a laugh at Daytona.

Room will open immediatley after the tennis ends.

Oh right, you're on Sundays huh...

However I can't guarantee my entry because I have no trust for clean pack racing after seeing the outcome when 14 overpowered cars take on Daytona.

Carbonox
Oh right, you're on Sundays huh...

However I can't guarantee my entry because I have no trust for clean pack racing after seeing the outcome when 14 overpowered cars take on Daytona.

Well it's not a sprint so I anticipate less trouble. Also it's slightly harder to pass and they aren't as twitchy.

Well it's not a sprint so I anticipate less trouble. Also it's slightly harder to pass and they are no way nearly as twitchy.

Edited. It will be fine, Carb. Vintage S1 was good so I'm told.

I still don't see a reason to race Daytona anywhere but the Sprint Cup after today's experience.

They're the twitchiest cars going in Thunder, there was a full grid and clearly a couple of inexperienced drivers coupled with the fact they were sprint races which generally encourage 'all out racing' anyway which leads to wrecks.

I think you're overreacting.

Are you guys ready for this? I just bought my car and got it ready. I'll see you guys in about 10 or so hours.

Niop
Are you guys ready for this? I just bought my car and got it ready. I'll see you guys in about 10 or so hours.

Yep, ready to go mate 👍

As said already, start time hangs on the tennis. May be half an hour or so late depending on whether Murray can stretch him past 3 sets.

Gorsad, you're honestly not welcome on ovals. Not with your lack of respect for driving lines.

Another Daytona race, another wreck. From now on I will not bother with Daytona anywhere but the Sprint Cup, because the track doesn't even promote clean driving, you can just cheapshot anyone and get away with it.

Last edited:
Whoever that was who parked it on turn 4 of the last lap in the low lane, you in effect ruined the race as Tom got disconnected from me and the finish was obvious.

Good race though. I took 35, 25 and 15 on the stops.

So I was backing off in the corners because Mr. "Don't push me in the corners" told me to. Then when he pushes the guy infront of him in the corner, it's a lag bump, and because I had backed off, I slam into him and wreck.

What a joke. Next time, if I'm pushing you, and we're trying to get to the front, I'm pushing in the corners.

Or if, you had let me push Fox directly instead of insisting you do it, it wouldn't have happened.

5th again :gtpflag:. Mule, you complain that I can't be pushed. So I start pushing Fox to give Mule a chance to catch up, and then lag, Fox gains 15mph, I lose it, Mule runs in the back of me and spins. And lag and the fact he can't brake or ease off is my fault.

Total logic fail there.

MÜLE_9242;7318509
So I was backing off in the corners because Mr. "Don't push me in the corners" told me to. Then when he pushes the guy infront of him in the corner, it's a lag bump, and because I had backed off, I slam into him and wreck.

What a joke. Next time, if I'm pushing you, and we're trying to get to the front, I'm pushing in the corners.

Or if, you had let me push Fox directly instead of insisting you do it, it wouldn't have happened.

Me and Fox already agreed we would work together. We went fastest when you weren't trying to oush in corners. I gave you more room by pushing Fox, and thats yours to use. Also remember if you decided to push, that lag would have been worse. So stop complaining and pinning the blame on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back