GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great season finale! JPzer and I kept swapping the lead, then crashing independently of each other :D One moment was like OK JPzer will run away with it..kaboom...ok now Atlas has it for sure...kaboom...ok JPzer gotta win this now...kaboom!

BTW did you see fastest laps?
JPzer 1:17.105
Atlas 1:17.106 !!! :mad:
Blaze 1:17.146

Blaze, you should've kept going, you had the pace for sure. I ran behind you for several laps and wasn't making up any ground while you kept it on the black stuff. None of the GT1 cars are what you'd call comfy, they're all twitchy li'l b*tches which is why we all wrecked at least once.

Thanks all for a great season, especially Jav :bowdown:. Looking forward to season 2!

------------
P.S. For Jepoks

ONLINE RACING RULES: It is the responsibility of the car returning to the track to ensure there are no collisions so that no other drivers have to maneuver or brake suddenly to allow you to resume racing. If there's a chance of a collision, wait and be patient as other drivers have the right of way. An off track incident includes: More than two tires leaving the track at any one time.

Great season finale! JPzer and I kept swapping the lead, then crashing independently of each other :D One moment was like OK JPzer will run away with it..kaboom...ok now Atlas has it for sure...kaboom...ok JPzer gotta win this now...kaboom!

Blaze, you should've kept going, you had the pace for sure. I ran behind you for several laps and wasn't making up any ground while you kept it on the black stuff. None of the GT1 cars are what you'd call comfy, they're all twitchy li'l b*tches which is why we all wrecked at least once.

Thanks all for a great season, especially Jav :bowdown:. Looking forward to season 2!

------------
P.S. For Jepoks

ONLINE RACING RULES: It is the responsibility of the car returning to the track to ensure there are no collisions so that no other drivers have to maneuver or brake suddenly to allow you to resume racing. If there's a chance of a collision, wait and be patient as other drivers have the right of way. An off track incident includes: More than two tires leaving the track at any one time.

yeah, me and sephy got into it like that as he was coming out of the pits! but I dont honestly think he knew I was coming up beside him.

Anyone get a vid of the GT2 start? Just wondering if I did get the timing spot on or if I jumped it....

hey, whoa, we still got the 2(4) Hour Nurb' Race!!!
Was this added last minute? I could've sworn Laguna was scheduled to be the last race of the season until recently.

GT1 cars on the narrow and bumpy Nurburgring? :scared: :crazy:

yeah, me and sephy got into it like that as he was coming out of the pits! but I dont honestly think he knew I was coming up beside him.

Yeah I apologize man I had no clue you were there.

ultrap13
GT1 cars on the narrow and bumpy Nurburgring? :scared: :crazy:

that race was awesome from the beginning. But now I'm watching the 24 Hours of Nurb, it's become the only reason I play GT5 :D

If it has then I must be really 🤬 losing it already. After the failed 1st start attempt earlier that's 2 brainfarts in one day :banghead:

Lol!! That may have been my fault, the way it' laid kind of hint's that race as being a bonus round...

Yeah. the problem is i got tapped by a Ford GT braking into the corkscrew. The damage effect handling differently on all cars.... When the Zonda gets the slightest bit of damage it will oversteer at as low as 30mph. It was ridiculous. If i moved left to pass a GT2 car it would have done a tank slapper into the wall..

I tested my theory. I purposely dinged the right front on a Ford GT LM Spec II. And started driving around laguna. It had little to no effect on the handling. There was no sursprises. the only inconvenience was that the steering wheel was crooked.

Now i did the exact same thing with the Zonda and the Zonda is just plain undriveable with damage. This happened on the first lap and i had to pit on lap 2. Jav's Ford is alot easier to drive with damage hence he continued and pitted normally like everyone else.

The handling doesn't change much on the Ford. But you just cannot drive the Zonda at any sort of speed. when the rear tires get old the oversteer was catastrophic. the two turns after the corkscrew were never fun i had to roll through them off throttle and even then the rear end was coming around on old tires.

I resorted to just parking in turn 1 sand trap so you guys would earn more money for having people finish.

My pit stop glitches also took me out of contention. When i pitted the car stopped in the first pit box and nothing happened for 30 seconds. I randomly decided to press the X button and suddenly the pit stop started. Mag who pitted with me was long gone. The next time i pitted it completed the pitstop immediately and then sat there 40secs......(until i randomly pressed X again and it sent me off) The first pit stall is the worst.

Was the last race your season finale? I wanted to ask because Tier 2 Racing who is hosting the FIA GT3 series wanted to host a Race in honor of the 24hours of Nürbergring. Was wondering is anyone here interested? The race might be this Saturday or Sunday depending on turnout. It's just a one time race for fun as we just had our season finale last Saturday.

Season finale yet to take place! We have a final 2 hour special on the nurburgring 24 hour track this weekend. It all comes down to this!

I'm not worried about the lights on the premiums, it's getting run off the road by the standard race cars that concerns me. The track has blind corners in many sections. I hope we can get a finish out of you mitch. Mclaren needs your points!

MitchZ06
Anyone get a vid of the GT2 start? Just wondering if I did get the timing spot on or if I jumped it....

I was saying that at the end lol you passed like 3 or 4 maybe 5 guys going full speed when we were accelerating

hon1987
Hope not, the lights on the standard cars are woefully inadequate.

Yea that does get terriblyvirritating sadly
Edit sorry for double post but iPod app doesn't allow multiple quoting

I was watching the front 2 and when they hit the line I gassed it, must've got a good jump on everyone but Rich lol.

MitchZ06
I was watching the front 2 and when they hit the line I gassed it, must've got a good jump on everyone but Rich lol.

I'm starting to approach the line and accelerate, then I hear nyyyoowwww and you go flying by me and a bunch of other guys

MitchZ06

I thought it was no overtaking until you have crossed the line?

MitchZ06
I could be in for a penalty....

Actually the leader has to cross the line before overtaking. Says nothing about the rest of the pack needing to wait till they themselves have crossed the line before overtaking. Which sounds silly as once the leader hits the finish line, people at the back can floor it as soon as they do? Might explain all the incidents we have had on first laps this year.

Well thats basically what I did, only overtook once the leader had crossed the line (pretty much jumped errbody) but I would like to watch the replay to see if I'm in the clear or not in regards to jumping the start.

MitchZ06
Well thats basically what I did, only overtook once the leader had crossed the line (pretty much jumped errbody) but I would like to watch the replay to see if I'm in the clear or not in regards to jumping the start.

You got disconnected so do you really need a penalty

MitchZ06

Loop hole in rules exploited to the max, and you are well in your rights to do so. I was wondering how 3,4,5 etc got such good starts from technically equal launches in previous races.

Edit: any one got the provisional results?

Is there going to be night racing at Nurb24?

Nothing but sunshine on this one!

hon1984
Actually the leader has to cross the line before overtaking. Says nothing about the rest of the pack needing to wait till they themselves have crossed the line before overtaking. Which sounds silly as once the leader hits the finish line, people at the back can floor it as soon as they do? Might explain all the incidents we have had on first laps this year.
That's why it is so important for the pole sitter to slow down and neutralize those attacks, wich Atlas is a master at doing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back