GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're talking car choices Sephy and I will be racing as NRG Racing with the McLaren F1 Stealth in GT2.

Gatrs I found all my old Matchbox cars and Hotwheels from under my bed from when I was little and I found a 1998 Porsche 911 GT1 Race Car :D, and a Porsche 949 twin turbo, a Ferrari 330 P4 '67 and a few others :D

And last time McLaren mounted a serious effort at Le Mans was 95 and look how that ended up for Porsche and Peugeot...

Just wait until 2014.
The 997 is outdated anyways.
And T Ray, don't start with the "corvette had to detune their engine" BS. That's the rules bud, and there's more to cars than power, top speed, and acceleration. Hence why Porsche have more overall wins at Le Mans than another manufacturer.

La Sarthe is not a very 997 friendly track.
It's possible to win, but when the other cars are finally pm the same level as you, it gets quite difficult.

Lime Rock however, is quite Porsche friendly (ehem won in three of four classes last year)...

gogatrs
Just wait until 2014.
The 997 is outdated anyways.
And T Ray, don't start with the "corvette had to detune their engine" BS. That's the rules bud, and there's more to cars than power, top speed, and acceleration. Hence why Porsche have more overall wins at Le Mans than another manufacturer.

La Sarthe is not a very 997 friendly track.
It's possible to win, but when the other cars are finally pm the same level as you, it gets quite difficult.

Lime Rock however, is quite Porsche friendly (ehem won in three of four classes last year)...

Just watch, all the excitement and Audi wins :D

Buuut gatrs the engines are detuned...every GT race car carries intake restrictors to reduce power like a J plate (iirc) on a go-kart.

MitchZ06
Buuut gatrs the engines are detuned...every GT race car carries intake restrictors to reduce power like a J plate (iirc) on a go-kart.

Then why does Chevrolet use that fact in their commercials if everyone does it?

Guys, the regular drivers from season 1 will have priority over new drivers on car selection, it will most likely be on a first come first serve basis and will be discussed after this season is over.

Also, let's get the list going for our season finale:

1) Jav
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

@gatrs its because they want to look badass having to restrict their car even tho the GT2 car doesnt even use the same engine...

You love quoting the regulations Blaze, was expecting you to know the GTE/2 engine regs state a max capacity of 5.5l which is why the GT vette uses a LS5.5R.

You love quoting the regulations Blaze, was expecting you to know the GTE/2 engine regs state a max capacity of 5.5l which is why the GT vette uses a LS5.5R.

image003.jpg

1) Jav
2) Blaze
3) Mitch
4) tissimo
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

I have yet to drive the F1 GTR since Le Mans, so should be interesting, lol

When does season 2 start? I'm interested in joining, but not 100% sure I'll make all the races. I haven't thought much about car/class yet, I'll have to do some testing. I would like to end up in a Viper if possible though.

1) Jav
2) Blaze
3) Mitch
4) tissimo
5) hon1987
6) OwensRacing
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

When does season 2 start? I'm interested in joining, but not 100% sure I'll make all the races. I haven't thought much about car/class yet, I'll have to do some testing. I would like to end up in a Viper if possible though.

We start pre-season testing next Sunday, looking at 2 pre-season races then the season opener right after pre-season testing is done!

Hello guys. It has been a while since I posted anything. Just letting you guys know I am still around, but unfortunatetly, still unavailable. I am still working out some details, but hopefully, if everything goes right, I should be back soon.

1) Jav
2) Blaze
3) Mitch
4) tissimo
5) hon1987
6) OwensRacing
7) Magzire
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)