GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
gogatrs
My hands are fine, just the flaps seem so cheap, I thought the other paddles I have would go nice on the wheel...

But let's allow that to rest, no need to be hijacking Jav's thread. ;)

Wait, are you using a DFGT or a $20 Walmart wheel? Or did you get both and are scavenging the Walmart one for paddles?

Being a G25 user, I only ever use the H-Shifter when driving road cars or RMs that have a H-shifter IRL. When racing online, it's always sequential or the paddles. It's good to have both though:dopey:

I use the H shifter for iRacing on cars that have a normal gearbox, paddle shifters for anythin sequential. On GT5 it all depends on the car, but for the league stuff it is all sequential, exept for low power touring cars.

Cowboys965
Wait, are you using a DFGT or a $20 Walmart wheel? Or did you get both and are scavenging the Walmart one for paddles?

The bold part is correct.
I had the Walmart one from way back in the PS2 days.
Just found it in the attic, saw the paddles, and had the idea.

gogatrs

Funny considering I just found out my old wheel is in the attic, I'm thinking about getting an adapter that can connect PS2 Controllers to the PS3 so I can use it, it's a GameStop wheel that even says GameStop on the side but it's a good wheel :)

MitchZ06
Hmmmm, would appear I *might* be able to make the race....

Cowboys965

Jav
I use the H shifter for iRacing on cars that have a normal gearbox, paddle shifters for anythin sequential. On GT5 it all depends on the car, but for the league stuff it is all sequential, exept for low power touring cars.

gogatrs

Woah, Gatrs, GATRS! I HAVE DISCOVERED GOLD! MULTI QUOTE SUCCESS!

Hey hon, have you got the Stealth F1? If you do would you consider racing as a team?

Nah I don't have it :( I pre-ordered the collectors edition with chrome lines from play.com expecting to get the pre-order bonus of 2 stealth cars, but apparently the collectors edition wasn't eligible for pre order bonus :confused:

I would be happy to team up with you otherwise though. Whats the max front down force you can run? I know a full aero modded Mclaren F1 can have 20 downforce points on the front, which is pretty low compared to the new GT2 spec cars. Still better than the no splitter MP4-12C though :mad:

Nah I don't have it :( I pre-ordered the collectors edition with chrome lines from play.com expecting to get the pre-order bonus of 2 stealth cars, but apparently the collectors edition wasn't eligible for pre order bonus :confused:

I would be happy to team up with you otherwise though. Whats the max front down force you can run? I know a full aero modded Mclaren F1 can have 20 downforce points on the front, which is pretty low compared to the new GT2 spec cars. Still better than the no splitter MP4-12C though :mad:

Downforce for the F1 Stealth is 50 front, 70 rear vs the normal F1s 20 front, 65 rear. However with a bit less weight the normal F1 can keep up with the Stealth version, unlikely Jav will allow it tho...

MitchZ06
Downforce for the F1 Stealth is 50 front, 70 rear vs the normal F1s 20 front, 65 rear. However with a bit less weight the normal F1 can keep up with the Stealth version, unlikely Jav will allow it tho...

I'll probably run the R8 LMS then. I like the general feel of that car, but haven't tested the others extensively yet. Wish you could paint the non- team playstation one though :mad:

Fair enough hon.

Just thought I'd share this with you guys....watching my bobs currently doing the 24 Hours of Le Mans with my McLaren F1 (840hp/970kg) and he's just gotten into 3rd position in the rain. It had to pass an Audi R8 Oreca and he managed to get thru just before the Porsche Curves, theres a Pescarolo chasing him and as it came thru on the Audi aswell there was contact, the Audi went onto the grass and began spinning like a top! Quite literally the funniest thing I have seen the AI do since the Formula GT race at the Nurb...

I could be wrong but I think blaze and I are running the ford gt this weekend. Jav do you have an updated roster?

Not yet, this weekend's race is our season finale so we'll be using the old cars for GT2. From the following week on it's all new GT2 and updated GT1!!

Ah. So I was mistaken... Well I you need any extra drivers this week let me know then, otherwise, I'll stay out of the way til the new season starts. Speaking of... These next batch of leagues are going to be incredibly fun and competitive. It seems like a lot of groups and drivers got mixed up with the whole psn ineptitude thing (myself and this league being a case in point). I shall continue to check in here though nonetheless.
Last thing, I am experimenting with simulcasting races via a streaming site, would you guys mind if I did so next time round? Perhaps we could even promote it on the homepage if anyone knows an admin. Anyhoo, good luck this weekend, I shall pop in to observe if I have time.

posimosh
Ah. So I was mistaken... Well I you need any extra drivers this week let me know then, otherwise, I'll stay out of the way til the new season starts. Speaking of... These next batch of leagues are going to be incredibly fun and competitive. It seems like a lot of groups and drivers got mixed up with the whole psn ineptitude thing (myself and this league being a case in point). I shall continue to check in here though nonetheless.
Last thing, I am experimenting with simulcasting races via a streaming site, would you guys mind if I did so next time round? Perhaps we could even promote it on the homepage if anyone knows an admin. Anyhoo, good luck this weekend, I shall pop in to observe if I have time.

You can take my spot in the race to stream the video since there's no time change.

We definitely have a spot for you on the grid man! Looking forward to having you on the grid again!

Test drove some of the GT2 cars for next season, Its going to be hard to make a choice. GT2 is the Fairlady Z not the 350z? I seemed to be the best with that (partly because I used it in a previous series and is setup).

tissimo
Test drove some of the GT2 cars for next season, Its going to be hard to make a choice. GT2 is the Fairlady Z not the 350z? I seemed to be the best with that (partly because I used it in a previous series and is setup).

I think its the same Z that's gt 1 now..

Hey Jav,

For the Audi. Is the R8 lms team playstation allowed...in place of the regular painted R8 lms.
Also can it be any color....The white one is my least favorite....but its the only one i have..but i plan on getting more colors of this car.

Blaze_409
Hey Jav,

For the Audi. Is the R8 lms team playstation allowed...in place of the regular painted R8 lms.
Also can it be any color....The white one is my least favorite....but its the only one i have..but i plan on getting more colors of this car.

I believe the Team Playstation is exactly the same.
I think that the two Audi R8 LMS' are like the two Pug 908s and the Team Oreca Vipers...

I believe the Team Playstation is exactly the same.
I think that the two Audi R8 LMS' are like the two Pug 908s and the Team Oreca Vipers...
thanks sweet.....now i just need to find the car....

on another note i just got a Scion Box from the 1000ticket :grumpy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back