GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching that video just pisses me off again, sitting here I'm watching bump after bump after bump into and out of corners, down the straights, can you see why I was getting annoyed? You're trying to call me out as the bad guy but its obvious you're negating the fact you were pushing an issue that didn't need to be pushed....I was happy hon was off down the track, I enjoy the challenge of chasing another car down but with you harassing me the whole time I just got fed up with it...How bout instead of bump drafting me just race?

I was in all actuality catching hon each lap without you bumping me down the straights, down the main straight I was getting into the draft and slowly but surely getting closer and closer to him. Even if I didn't catch him I would have been perfectly happy with second or third if it meant I had a good time trying to catch him and racing you but no, bump bump bump bump bump.....

Thats classic, you laughed when I ran into that wall trying to drive with heavy damage, are you 5 or something? Small things amuse small minds.....and even funnier is you were bumpdrafting hon, err question is why? Didn't you want to win or something?

Last edited:
I was in all actuality catching hon each lap without you bumping me down the straights, down the main straight I was getting into the draft and slowly but surely getting closer and closer to him. Even if I didn't catch him I would have been perfectly happy with second or third if it meant I had a good time trying to catch him and racing you but no, bump bump bump bump bump.....

? This is false because the first official race lap was lap 2 correct?....
I pushed you down the straights on Lap 3 correct?(the video shows it).....The accident happened at the start of lap 4......So any time gains you were seeing was because i was giving you a boost down the straights.

It wasn't you pushing me, I could feel when the car was getting into hons slipstream. Don't ever ever bump me again.....BTW you still haven't answered my PM...

;) I was hosting and kicking randoms so i never got to Qualify. atleast we got a new memeber i think

Last edited:

Anyways heres the fantastic battles that occured at the start of the race. again sorry about the black edges...Switch to 720P the sound is very loud now so thats good....I fixed one thing but screwed up another lol. i'll get it perfect next time promise.

If you wanna see an angry Mitch driving skip to 11:37..They don't call that car stealth for nothing...Never even saw it coming :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
I am really loving these 16 lap shootouts.....Even more so than our usual 36 lap affairs.....
Perhaps heat races or something....kinda like FIA GT...Two heat races at the same track each weekend possibly Jav?

that way even if you get screwed in the first race you still have chance in the second heat....that will deter people from just exiting the race and ending up with only 6 finishers out of the 14 that started....And reverse the starting grid in heat 2? if you really wanna get things going lol

Blaze_409
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViCDwgi1-oI">YouTube Link</a>

Anyways heres the fantastic battles that occured at the start of the race. again sorry about the black edges...Switch to 720P the sound is very loud now so thats good....I fixed one thing but screwed up another lol. i'll get it perfect next time promise.

If you wanna see an angry Mitch driving skip to 11:37..They don't call that car stealth for nothing...Never even saw it coming :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

To be honest Mitch you get really get swervy at times which doesnt help

I am really loving these 16 lap shootouts.....Even more so than our usual 36 lap affairs.....
Perhaps heat races or something....kinda like FIA GT...Two heat races at the same track each weekend possibly Jav?

that way even if you get screwed in the first race you still have chance in the second heat....that will deter people from just exiting the race and ending up with only 6 finishers out of the 14 that started....And reverse the starting grid in heat 2? if you really wanna get things going lol

The one we actually finished at Monza was interesting. They were all good races until people backed out last night. The very first race had the top 4 all within 1.5 seconds of each other!

Must say sorry to Magzire, and Mitch in that first race, I had the inside line on the run up for Variante Rettifilo(turn one), On turn in, I was i was quicker than magz, but he had his nose in front, and as I had already committed to turning in for the left, he opted to skip the kerbs, saving us a collision, but ended up t boning Mitch and Blaze.
The Audi is awesome on its brakes so I was naturally braking later than most, which probably took a lot of you by surprise. Again I'm sorry for the trouble caused, but it's racing. It's much more fun when it's tight than some one scampering off by them selves. For that I thank you Jav. GT2 is going to be special next season ;)

Last edited:
The one we actually finished at Monza was interesting. They were all good races until people backed out last night. The very first race had the top 4 all within 1.5 seconds of each other!

Must say sorry to Magzire, and Mitch in that first race, I had the inside line on the run up for Variante Rettifilo(turn one), On turn in, I was i was quicker than magz, but he had his nose in front, and as I had already committed to turning in for the left, he opted to skip the kerbs, saving us a collision, but ended up t boning Mitch and Blaze.
The Audi is awesome on its brakes so I was naturally braking later than most, which probably took a lot of you by surprise. Again I'm sorry for the trouble caused, but it's racing. It's much more fun when it's tight than some one scampering off by them selves. For that I thank you Jav. GT2 is going to be special next season ;)

I think is saved the replay for this one..Let me check...if i did i post it later. That was great. Hon you hunted me down like a pro. you would have won if the draft wasn't so quick..I was just watching you get closer and closer and there was nothing i could do about it. Can't wait for GT2

I think is saved the replay for this one..Let me check...if i did i post it later. That was great. Hon you hunted me down like a pro. you would have won if the draft wasn't so quick..I was just watching you get closer and closer and there was nothing i could do about it. Can't wait for GT2

You have the replay of the very very first one where we all quit?
Not sure I would have caught you in the race we did finish without Magzire's "intervention" lol. I was setting 43.9s without draft! I set a 43.1 with draft from Magzire in the first half of the lap and you in the second!

Not sure I would have caught you without Magzire's "intervention" lol. I was setting 43.9s without draft! I set a 43.1 with draft from Magzire in the first half of the lap and you in the second!

Without Magzire you probably would have caught up to me braking into the Parabolica on the very last lap and would have slip streamed past...it would have been a heartbraker lol. i was doing 44.2's as much as i could.
When i saw Magzire helping you out i yelled Magzire Noooooooooooooooo... And then after passing us both i tried to draft him but he got away lol.

Last edited:
Without Magzire you would have caught up to me braking into the Parabolica on the very last lap and would have slip streamed past...it would have been a heartbraker lol. i was doing 44.2's as much as i could.

I thought when Magz went passed me, Oh $hit, the GT1 Ford GT only has 555hp, and you were only down by 50 or so Hp, he's going to pull away!

Mitch, you seem to complain more than anyone else.
Not just here, but every series that I race in with you...

Hon, all the Gt2 races seem to come down to me and you lol and one of us is always catches the other on the very last lap...Too much drama lol. Although i love seeing the R8 pass me you can do it on any lap but the last one lol ;)

Hon, all the Gt2 races seem to come down to me and you lol and one of us is always catches the other on the very last lap...Too much drama lol. Although i love seeing the R8 pass me you can do it on any lap but the last one lol ;)

I think it's tyre strategy! Driver X pits later than Driver Y. Driver Y puts in fast lap(s) on fresh rubber whilst driver X is still on old tyres. Every lap driver X stays out, the more time he loses to driver Y. When drive X pits, he emerges behind driver Y, and loses track position. However drive X now has fresher rubber than driver Y, and can now start to push and catch Y.
It's catch 22. Pit early, get the lead and risk being caught later on, or pit later and be stronger in the final part of the race.

Edit: I'm lost in X's and Y's

I think it's tyre strategy! Driver X pits later than Driver Y. Driver Y puts in fast lap(s) on fresh rubber whilst driver X is still on old tyres. Every lap driver X stays out, the more time he loses to driver Y. When drive X pits, he emerges behind driver Y, and loses track position. However drive X now has fresher rubber than driver Y, and can now start to push and catch Y.
It's catch 22. Pit early, get the lead and risk being caught later on, or pit later and be stronger in the final part of the race.

Edit: I'm lost in X's and Y's

Yeah because it appears that GT5 also uses Pirelli's F1 tire and the DRS.

Yeah because it appears that GT5 also uses Pirelli's F1 tire and the DRS.

Lol!! It really does! Though the tire model for this game is not the best it does provide some great great racing. GT2 is looking better and better!!

I like how they incorporated the cold tire feel at the beginning of the stint...I still think they should have incorporated some kind of Tire wear Multiplier like in the old F1 PC games or in Rfactor....That way if you want to force pitstops set the multiplier very high(x8)....If the race is an enduro the tires should last a little longer(x1)....

I like how they incorporated the cold tire feel at the beginning of the stint...I still think they should have incorporated some kind of Tire wear Multiplier like in the old F1 PC games or in Rfactor....That way if you want to force pitstops set the multiplier very high(x8)....If the race is an enduro the tires should last a little longer(x1)....

Definitely, what I really hate is the silly dirty tire thing. Are the runoff areas some kind of muddy swamp? Come on, spining out at 10 mph is just silly and anoying! They should've made that effect more progressive realtive to the time all 4 tires are off track, not just immediate regard less of tire temp and time of exposure!

Jav
Definitely, what I really hate is the silly dirty tire thing. Are the runoff areas some kind of muddy swamp? Come on, spining out at 10 mph is just silly and anoying! They should've made that effect more progressive realtive to the time all 4 tires are off track, not just immediate regard less of tire temp and time of exposure!

rotfl.gif

Muddy swamp lolol

Jav

You know what you need to do then jav,stay off the grass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back