GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jav
But I tought it would lower your lap times!!!

:P

All this GT2 running is making me want to race this sunday less and less! Needs must though, I've got Jepoks lurking behind me, and I want a second gold Mclaren!

Mitch you better finish at the Nurb, we need the team points!

Mitch you better finish at the Nurb, we need the team points!

Won't be racing this weekend....

Mitch, you seem to complain more than anyone else.
Not just here, but every series that I race in with you...

Funnily its only been since certain people showed up and started racing.....I've never had a problem until then.

Hey, any of you guys experienced with DFGTs?
No problems with it.
Just, I have this old Playstation 2 wheel (it sucks, no FFB, and input lag is horrendous, that's right, you guessed it, bought t from Walmart for $20).
The one good thing about that wheel is the paddle shifters (sort of).
And the one bad thing about the DFGT is the paddle shifters.

So, I'm thinking that I could maybe unscrew the paddles from the old wheel, and somehow get them on the DFGT.
But how do I either get these "flaps" that Logitech calls paddles off the DFGT or the paddles onto the flaps?

(Owens, I won't actually do this unless your guy is cool with it. ;))

http://granturgismo.com/dpsInst2.html

check these out gatrs. try to attach them like such?

do you have a picture of the paddles...that would help...i have a pretty good idea of what you could do..

The flaps don't come off the DFGT lol....I googled the picture and those paddles do not look removable.

Blaze_409
http://granturgismo.com/dpsInst2.html

check these out gatrs. try to attach them like such?

do you have a picture of the paddles...that would help...i have a pretty good idea of what you could do..

The flaps don't come off the DFGT lol....I googled the picture and those paddles do not look removable.

Maybe rubber cement?
That would be pretty easy to undo without leaving too much behind...
Not sure if that'll hold well with a household with three pre ten year old younger brothers...

Maybe rubber cement?
That would be pretty easy to undo without leaving too much behind...
Not sure if that'll hold well with a household with three pre ten year old younger brothers...

try home depot/ACE/Lowes and look for double sided adhesive...(not like thin tape). ....its more like a strip of foam with adhesive on both sides..

Cowboys965
I thought the DFGT came with a back and forth shifter attached to the side?

I use that, but whenever I do, I keep wanting an h shifter more and more. :(

I use that, but whenever I do, I keep wanting an h shifter more and more. :(

Being a G25 user, I only ever use the H-Shifter when driving road cars or RMs that have a H-shifter IRL. When racing online, it's always sequential or the paddles. It's good to have both though:dopey:

Magzire
If you want faster times stick with the paddles. H-shifter is just for fun with the clutch and a lot slower.

Exactly, I just want it for fun. :D
Cruising around online, for league races, I'll stick to the paddle shifters.

Exactly, I just want it for fun. :D
Cruising around online, for league races, I'll stick to the paddle shifters.

Do you ever use the adjustment dial for anything? I've got it set up on a DS3, which I keep near by, but rarely do I ever touch it.

MitchZ06
But race cars use a sequential 'box :sly:

Not all :P they're straight cut gearboxes right? Shift downward to shift up a gear and upwards to shift down a gear?
Edit: oh does the DFGT come with paddles and a sequential gearbox?

Cowboys965
Not all :P they're straight cut gearboxes right? Shift downward to shift up a gear and upwards to shift down a gear?
Edit: oh does the DFGT come with paddles and a sequential gearbox?

Yes.

hon1987
Do you ever use the adjustment dial for anything? I've got it set up on a DS3, which I keep near by, but rarely do I ever touch it.

Rarely.
I admit, I cheated in the Aston Martin license test (the braking one) by adjusting the brake bias. :P
I used to, but that was when I had TCS on ten lol.

I do use it in the endurance races to crank up the abs and TCS to let my brothers drive...

Jordan, please give the iPod app a multi quote option!

I like my DFGT, but the "paddles' are very small. when I use them, I tend to keep my middle fingers on them at all times, and never move my hands to turn the wheel. But I've got big hands, sort of..

t_ray_z28
I like my DFGT, but the "paddles' are very small. when I use them, I tend to keep my middle fingers on them at all times, and never move my hands to turn the wheel. But I've got big hands, sort of..

My hands are fine, just the flaps seem so cheap, I thought the other paddles I have would go nice on the wheel...

But let's allow that to rest, no need to be hijacking Jav's thread. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back