GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
OwensRacing
I kept seeing your Brake Lights flash. Wanted to let you know you was resting a foot on the brake. You made mention of the brake issue before I did though. Haha

Is it a DFGT? if so we have this issue.

Wondering if adding a small rubber preventing the brake from coming back all the way. Then reset pedals by pulling power and cable. Seems the thing comes back farther every now and then leading to partial brake when it dont return. So removing this little area of trouble may be the trick.

Will try that out.

It's a G25! Dodgy pots again!

Haha when I saw R1600 posting in the thread I was hoping he wasn't signing up for GT2 because I wanted a chance to actually maybe win possibly :lol:

Laguna last night was fun. There was a lap or two where I was right on hon's bumper. Then near the end I could almost catch up to Jav and then lose him again. It was a lot of fun though.
Dude you have the fastest lap for that race, after your pitstop you were flying!! You posted a 21.0xx followed by a 21.3xx by me and a 21.4xx by hon!

Yeah that was fun.... The sticky brake was peeving me off.. I was braking on straights to get rid of it!

The start was a bit weird though... I swear u darted in to the pit wall at the start!

He did after an overly enthusiastic Mitch punted him off on the start. Still don't know how he drove the first stint with rear end damage!

Jav
Dude you have the fastest lap for that race, after your pitstop you were flying!! You posted a 21.0xx followed by a 21.3xx by me and a 21.4xx by hon!

He did after an overly enthusiastic Mitch punted him off on the start. Still don't know how he drove the first stint with rear end damage!

Oh yeah, WTF happened to the grid order in race 1!? I was expecting to be in front of maybe 1 or 2 GT1 cars, and would have let them past on the grid, but when I came out on pole.... :ill: I wasn't even the quickest in GT2 FFS!
Getting tired of all these grid glitches and getting pushed around on pace laps now though. FFS give each other space, we don't need to be running nose to tail for the whole pace lap, just when we get near the end of it, where the leaders will slow down anyway!

Also, is it no overtaking until you have crossed the line or no overtaking until the leader has crossed? If its the latter, then won't those at the back be at an advantage, thus making qualifying pointless?

Yeah that was fun.... The sticky brake was peeving me off.. I was braking on straights to get rid of it!

The start was a bit weird though... I swear u darted in to the pit wall at the start!

Yeah I knew the only reason I could keep up with you was because of your brake issue. It still made it fun for me though lol!

And at the start I was kind of pushed over into the pit exit.

Jav

Oh wow I had no idea! I was driving the wheels off of that car trying to catch you. I didn't know it was going that fast haha. I just fell into a rhythm while still trying to keep my tires from wearing more than they already were.

Also, is it no overtaking until you have crossed the line or no overtaking until the leader has crossed? If its the latter, then won't those at the back be at an advantage, thus making qualifying pointless?
The thing here is that the leader has to control the pace. If everyone does it like they're supposed to there should be no problem.

just checking in to see if a full time ride has opened up

Not officially at the moment, but your chances of racing on every race are pretty good so keep checking and participating on the thread so you can fill the spots as soon as they oppen!

Wow I've missed a bit! After reading that, Jav can you PM me about the starts and what you thought about how I did please? Just after some clarification.

For that Laguna race....at the start I got up between Sephy and whoever was on the right (forgot who) and got tapped by them and squeezed between him and Sephy which inadvertently sent Sephy flying. I'll take the blame if it's going to be sent anyone's direction but I do think lag played a part, especially on my end as I saw Sephy stable for a second then bam, he was flying off in a way cars usually don't do in this game unless lag is involved.

That said, any accidents or incidents I was in for either race I'll put my hand up for as I wasn't driving up to a good enough standard yesterday.

Seriously?

This +1....you can't use share cars online, you're more likely to be competitive if you tune your own car to your liking, etc, etc, etc.

Wow I've missed a bit! After reading that, Jav can you PM me about the starts and what you thought about how I did please? Just after some clarification.

For that Laguna race....at the start I got up between Sephy and whoever was on the right (forgot who) and got tapped by them and squeezed between him and Sephy which inadvertently sent Sephy flying. I'll take the blame if it's going to be sent anyone's direction but I do think lag played a part, especially on my end as I saw Sephy stable for a second then bam, he was flying off in a way cars usually don't do in this game unless lag is involved.

That said, any accidents or incidents I was in for either race I'll put my hand up for as I wasn't driving up to a good enough standard yesterday.

No worries Mitch, I know the kind of racer you are and the principles you stand for. We all got our days off and I know when the green flag drops on Sunday you'll be up to your higher racing standards. Take it as constructive criticism, pre-season is ment for testing, making mistakes, learning from them and leaving them behind!

I wasn't mad at Mitch at all. I was more confused lol. I kept going towards the left because my car started fishtailing from the tap you gave me. It was a mix of straightening the car out while still trying to floor it for the start of the race. My butthole tightened up that's for sure! LOL!

I will say Mitch remember we are teammates. Hit Jav if you're going to hit anyone! :P

I kid I kid.

Haha you should've seen my reaction when I saw you flying off to the left...was totally bummed about it :(

Definately gotta avoid that contact tho for the season, can't go taking each other out :scared:. Plus, I've already got a target for the season, T_Ray :dopey:

Ok guys! Important announcement! I've come to an agreement with Mr.Mitch the Glitch. I have agreed to send him a wheel for free(he will pay for the shipping), yes a used Fanatec 911 Carrera with Standard pedals and shifter. Now, he needs to finish every race he enters and will subscribe on iRacing(at least try it out for 1 month). No parking it in the pits, no funny disconnects, no matter how much damage or how far behind he might be he will finish the race! Faliure of him doing so will result on us letting Gatr lose on him for the rest of his life!!!
Now I need Mitch to publicly agree to this terms here in front of everyone!

The above is true, I'll put in the effort to atleast finish the races even if defecation has hit the rotary oscillator. Problem is, the wheels just gonna make me faster so its a good thing and a bad thing :dopey:

That's a sweet deal!

Also here's a few pictures I took real quick from Laguna Seca:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

And GT2's most feared competition! Team NRGR! :P

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_5.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_6.jpg

PSN: Toyotsupra
Class: GT2
Car: Corvette ZR1 RM
Car number: 24
Country time zone: uk?

Jav
Dude you have the fastest lap for that race, after your pitstop you were flying!! You posted a 21.0xx followed by a 21.3xx by me and a 21.4xx by hon!!

I know race pace its different then quali pace, but how much faster are you in quali?

I had to leave before the leguna race, work at 6am sucks.. Lol

I know lucky in the R8 and I were matches for speed at Tokyo, but this times are off my best quali time by a decent amount.

Last edited:
I've noticed my times are usually different, i.e faster in race lap time than quali time and thats even without drafting. Something about red mist methinks...

MitchZ06
I've noticed my times are usually different, i.e faster in race lap time than quali time and thats even without drafting. Something about red mist methinks...

Depending on the competition, I'll do one or two laps close/matching to my quali time but generally slow down to save tires and gain consistency ( pushing 100% for an hour+ its bound to make a critical error).

GTP: paulmac2k9
Psn: paulmac2k9
Car#: #77
Country/time zone GMT (UK)

GTP: Toyotsupra
PSN: Toyotsupra
Car number: 24
Time zone: uk/london