GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
You missed both practice races where I screwed up both times. ;)

Edit: I also agree that the GT2 cars should have stayed back a bit at the start.

Also, I'd like to make a note about lapped cars being right behind the car that just passed them. If a leader laps you, please give them space behind. Preferably about 4-5 car lengths. Twice today I was hit in the back from a lapped car I had just passed and it was making me very nervous, especially since we run full damage. My braking zone is a bit larger than most people, so it would be nice to have that space between the two cars.

i know that when you passed me i drafted with you for over a lap and that really helped me open the gap between myself and second place at that time. it would be completely unfair to say that another is not allowed to draft a car that has passed, but i do think that if you do make contact with that car that you should be extremely penalized. as for the end of the race i had two problems with a car, not saying any names but that car that had no business fighting the leaders on the last lap, and this played a major role in the outcome of the race.

Haha, yeah.. After I was lapped going onto the front straight, I drafted the 670hp rx7 with my 522hp z and almost passed him, going 200+ lol. I made sure to brake on time though.
Lol!! I did the same and could tell he was nervous about me crashing into him under brakes, I made sure he had enough room. I think he did the same lol!! We almost went trough turn one crawling!
I say choose the weather track, but force it to be sunny. I like the lighting better on the tracks that have the weather option. 👍
That can be done, I'm liking the idea of dynamic weather on Monza though...
i know that when you passed me i drafted with you for over a lap and that really helped me open the gap between myself and second place at that time. it would be completely unfair to say that another is not allowed to draft a car that has passed, but i do think that if you do make contact with that car that you should be extremely penalized. as for the end of the race i had two problems with a car, not saying any names but that car that had no business fighting the leaders on the last lap, and this played a major role in the outcome of the race.

So that's how you dissapeared into the distance!

Was PipiR and PaulMac extremely laggy for anyone else? I had to let them trough and let them go in fear I'd be collected by their fighting lag of death!

Jav
Lol!! I did the same and could tell he was nervous about me crashing into him under brakes, I made sure he had enough room. I think he did the same lol!! We almost went trough turn one crawling!

So that's how you dissapeared into the distance!

Was PipiR and PaulMac extremely laggy for anyone else? I had to let them trough and let them go in fear I'd be collected by their fighting lag of death!

i ran with the gt1 cars for a few laps, and yes that was how i was able to jump out to a larger than expected lead to start race. that and the carnage in turn one helped alot

Turn one was ok for me, it was the incident with the spining Zonda and the lagging duel of death that forced me to drop behind, that and 2 stupid mistakes on my part that sent me flying to the gravel!

There was some dicing on turn one on my part, not sure if I cause any crashes. I had to cut hard to the inside to avoid someone which caused me to blow the turn and probably cut someone off. Then got caught up in traffic holding me back for a bit.

had a solid run on my part. Very few mistakes and those were just enough to slow my lap times.

Would of loved to battled Atlas to the end. However lapped traffic got me away and from there he mentioned he mowed a few lawns which let me stretch on him. Drove hard trying to close gap on that RX-7 only to see it drop on every trip down the straights. Rather frustrating, but that's to be expected.

I do wanna make note that the RX7 was running my Viper for all it's worth at Laguna there for a few laps. I was at 610 he was at 640.

Thinking the Viper got gimped pretty bad recently. Hope it can get something going on other tracks.

Fwiw fastest lap no draft was a 24.9 the fast lap was chasing Atlas. I got over 200 mph on straight!!!!

All in all had a blast. Glad to have raced.

Jav, can we try Tony1311 on car testing using say three tracks of different styles to narrow this margin. I know RT1600 is good, I also know my way around Indy Road. Like to believe he would beat me but not by that much in matched cars.

OwensRacing
I do wanna make note that the RX7 was running my Viper for all it's worth at Laguna there for a few laps. I was at 610 he was at 640.

I might be wrong...but I thought the RX 7 got bumped up to 670 HP

The rx7 might be a bit over powered, but nothing drastic. I haven't ran the viper with 600 hp, but the rx7 was only .2 faster (1:24.4) then the CLK-LM with 600hp (1:24.6), and the viper is better then that car imo.

Jav

When is Monza?
If that's the case, I might borrow a friends PS3 for that race only...

The rx7 might be a bit over powered, but nothing drastic. I haven't ran the viper with 600 hp, but the rx7 was only .2 faster (1:24.4) then the CLK-LM with 600hp (1:24.6), and the viper is better then that car imo.

the rx7 lacks dowforce right it only gets 40/60?

Jav

Hey, i cause any trouble in the race?

I don´t crash with anyone and i try to not cause any trouble to the leaders, and i don't have any problem with my net, But i don´t see OwensRacing and PaulMac in the track!

I say leave the Viper where it's at and take back the 30hp that was given to the RX-7. (which wasn't needed) That car struggles with corner exit grip anyway. Very annoying but good for learning throttle control. Thank goodness for bungee cords. ;)

Hey, i cause any trouble in the race?

I don´t crash with anyone and i try to not cause any trouble to the leaders, and i don't have any problem whit my net, But i don´t see OwensRacing and PaulMac in the track!

lol dont worry about it your good.

i suggest next time there should be a 1lap test for missing cars to make sure everyone sees everyone

Blaze_409
lol dont worry about it your good.

i suggest next time there should be a 1lap test for missing cars to make sure everyone sees everyone

He was fine until the reset.

Are you NAT Type 2 pipi?

What kinda speeds are you getting?

Ping test rating?

This games connections issues are enough to make me quit it like COD's lag.

iRacing lag at all?

Or say screw gaming and focus on my real car. Hmmm it's coming to a head for me that's for sure.

I rarely have issues, and I'm on a DSL connection. Anytime someone is lagging for me, it's their connection. :confused:

Amnser to all....lag usually has nothing to do with peoples individual connections...so no one should take any offense.....

its cause by latency between countries....Where not wired to eachother.....all are connections travel to servers and then to everyone elses PS3's.

the mere act of living in iceland or something like that is going to cause lag...that connection has quite a distance to travel....and needs to do it in milliseconds...

so technically all lag is related to PD's servers. if they oculd somehow boost the signal speed artificially there would never be any lag.

He was fine until the reset.

Are you NAT Type 2 pipi?

What kinda speeds are you getting?

Ping test rating?

This games connections issues are enough to make me quit it like COD's lag.

iRacing lag at all?

Or say screw gaming and focus on my real car. Hmmm it's coming to a head for me that's for sure.

Yes type 2,

Download 30,2 MB
Upload 2,9 Mb

Ping 4.75 ms

Blaze_409
Amnser to all....lag usually has nothing to do with peoples individual connections...so no one should take any offense.....

its cause by latency between countries....Where not wired to eachother.....all are connections travel to servers and then to everyone elses PS3's.

the mere act of living in iceland or something like that is going to cause lag...that connection has quite a distance to travel....and needs to do it in milliseconds...

so technically all lag is related to PD's servers. if they oculd somehow boost the signal speed artificially there would never be any lag.

It's about PING right?

As well these issues are WAAAAY more common with the new PSN.

I'd accept it being me if I hadn't replaced routers, checked ping and speeds. All being above average broadband users.

Maybe it's commy cast pulling some crap.

Idk. If I did bet money I would ensure it's not me. Which I have done to the best of my ability.

pipi_r6
Yes type 2,

Download 30,2 MB
Upload 2,9 Mb

Ping 4.75 ms

This all looks good. But are those from the browser on PS3?

If I was asked to cast blame. I truly think it's GT5 and their servers.

Drivers Club with paid servers would be fine with me.

Desperate for racing with out connection issues.

It's about PING right?

yeah basically. Ping measures both upload and download speed together. it just counts the time to send a roundtrip message. low means fast and high means slow.

everyones going to have an excellent Ping where they live....

there is no way to test Ping via Pd servers to other people....and thats where the answer to lag is. somewhere like portugal is typically fine in terms of distance(and lag should clear up after one refresh).

somewhere like australia on the otherhand is bound to have issues. thats data has to travel thousands of miles in milliseconds(as you can imagine thats not physically possible at the same speeds as two poeple living in Us hence lag and other glithces

So are you saying to avoid lag we should race by region?

Ive only raced with people from US.europe and australia.

australia is the only one that has been constantly laggy and glitch with me not being able to see people.

europe is usually fine. its a sad consequence of geography....thats probably why GT5 lets you limit the lobby search to US or all regions.

europe is fine.

i dont wanna race by region lol. this got awkward. lag seems to be induced by region however.

lol i m laighing so hard at the number of times that evryone in this league has cleared cache etc...

R1600Turbo
Does seem to help...

Agreed. Seen where a few racers were not able to get in a room. Clear cache and they make it and have zero issues.

As well seen where it takes a full reset on your internet to get it to work. Example myself last night.

Start fine. Then get three non loaded upon returning to room. Try to reset cache and ps3 only to get error entering. So off to unplug modem and router. Wait a few minutes. Plug modem in let it sync. Ug router in and restart PS3. Bam in and racing.

Does seem to help...

Agreed. Seen where a few racers were not able to get in a room. Clear cache and they make it and have zero issues.

As well seen where it takes a full reset on your internet to get it to work. Example myself last night.

Start fine. Then get three non loaded upon returning to room. Try to reset cache and ps3 only to get error entering. So off to unplug modem and router. Wait a few minutes. Plug modem in let it sync. Ug router in and restart PS3. Bam in and racing.

No lol thats not twhat i meant.......I clear my cache all the time as well....

Clearing CAche definetly helps things. I jus though it was funny how many people in the world who play GT5 clear their cache all the time...

collectively their is probably been over 5 million clear caches in GT5.....its staggering....buts its also funny....

Blaze,

I cleared my cache and now can connect to what you meant. ;)

We need shirts that say " Clear your Cache, I am having trouble connecting with you"

Back