GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
tissimo
Wait, I watched it again, his line is similar to that... I was thinking of the video of Jakes line through the corner.. IMO he should of held out his turn in a touch longer though and stayed off the gas.... As jackie steward said in the top gear episode, Dont apply the throttle unless you're not going to lift again.

Unless your magzire at turn 1!

tissimo
Replys in Bold.

Bullying is a crime. I am not bullying the kid.

What I am trying to do is show him he makes the mistakes he claims he doesn't. He argued with Atlas. Called him names. Etc etc etc. Over his own actions he was held accountable for.

For the whole spectacle to happen. Then to watch in my mirror him do exactly what so much drama was over. Well it was comical. How else would one look at it?

I was like wow, all that and still doing those things.

Did I claim them as penalty, nope. Do I feel he should be penalized. Nope.

I am over it.

tissimo
Indeed, a well done lap. IMO his line (along with 99% of the other people I've raced) through turns 3 and 4 are wrong. If you hug Turn 3 tighter and hold out on the turn into 4 a bit longer, you get a faster run out to turn 5 gaining .1-.2 seconds. I've been able to pass many people doing exactly that.

IMO its a classic Right Left line that needs to be taken for the best exit onto the mini straight.

You sound very knowledge about racing lines. I have little text books or discipline outside what I've learned racing R/C's and GT.

If you would be interested in doing a session with me. I'd be delighted to take all the advice and criticism you can give me.

Always open to be better.

One last thing, Jake, know I won't race any different from the debates we have. No grudge, still open door and run you clean.

As you can in that video I did get a slight tap on your rear. I truly thought you had the speed to be clear. From review you pulled off a little more then expected. Lack of side views hurts us. As well the inside move I did later. I did leave you a lane. I have been two wide here many occasions. More we race the tighter and better the racing will get. Your fast guy, hate to see what you could do with a wheel. We ain't out to get you if you will. Were all alpha males. We all strive to be the best and fastest. There is times heads butt. How we handle our debates says lots about us.

Bullying is a crime. I am not bullying the kid.

What I am trying to do is show him he makes the mistakes he claims he doesn't. He argued with Atlas. Called him names. Etc etc etc. Over his own actions he was held accountable for.

For the whole spectacle to happen. Then to watch in my mirror him do exactly what so much drama was over. Well it was comical. How else would one look at it?

I was like wow, all that and still doing those things.

Did I claim them as penalty, nope. Do I feel he should be penalized. Nope.

I am over it.

That's fine. I'm not a kid though, maybe some people consider my age a kid but I'm pretty much into adulthood lol. I think you're acting pretty bizarre about the whole thing but dropping it is fine with me. Preferable to continuing any negative stuff.

Last edited:
jakegirard
That's fine. I'm not a kid though, maybe some people consider my age a kid but I'm pretty much into adulthood lol. I think you're acting pretty bizarre about the whole thing but dropping it is fine with me.

Bizarre? Will dinner be served? ;) get it?

Season three? Can we start next week? Also I vote for same track schedule. Loved this seasons lay out.

OK, now that we have that out of the way, I'm gonna start another battle! :P

Truly sorry about the ram I gave you in T1 Jake.
I had underestimated the power of the draft. (it does seem like it has been turned down a bit though?)
Broke where I usually did and wham!
I should have just pulled a tissimo and accelerated. :P

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to Jav on a second season. Wish I could've participated more. :(

And Owens is by far the cleanest driver I know of.

OK, now that we have that out of the way, I'm gonna start another battle! :P

Truly sorry about the ram I gave you in T1 Jake.
I had underestimated the power of the draft. (it does seem like it has been turned down a bit though?)
Broke where I usually did and wham!
I should have just pulled a tissimo and accelerated. :P

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to Jav on a second season. Wish I could've participated more. :(

And Owens is by far the cleanest driver I know of.

Yes I didn't think Owens raced me dirty, just aggressive, but I like that. I just knew he had a good pace advantage over me so I didn't return the aggression.

Your thing, it's fine man, I know you're a clean driver from my few times racing with you. (ALthough it looked like you and Owens fought pretty hard for a few corners when we caught you early on lol, but I couldn't see clearly)

We all make mistakes entering corners, like my bump on Posi in the video, and I wound up finishing 2nd in class anyway which was always the ceiling for me in this race. No hard feelings.

Edit: I hope the draft has been dulled but I fear it was just that Nurburgring GP has lower draft than most other tracks for some reason. Laguna Seca, Nurb GP, even Suzuka seem to tend to have lower pll than other tracks.

I actually thinking the draft has been made less linear if you will. Still strong close bit not as strong with distance. You can notice when I chase you in that video. I was catching but previous I'd been around before turn. Or so I think.

Thanks Gatrs, I do make mistakes. However try very hard to be clean.

Just watched your video Owens, just wondering if you can at least see how I was turning in to turn 3, saw you inside, and reacted by turning slight right to make sure you didn't push out into me, causing me to overrun the corner slightly.

I could have gone side by side into 4 but gave you the line.

The chicane was purely a racing incident as far as the contact. I was all the way over to the left, glad neither of us was damaged.

jakegirard
Just watched your video Owens, just wondering if you can at least see how I was turning in to turn 3, saw you inside, and reacted by turning slight right to make sure you didn't push out into me, causing me to overrun the corner slightly.

I could have gone side by side into 4 but gave you the line.

The chicane was purely a racing incident as far as the contact. I was all the way over to the left, glad neither of us was damaged.

From my view I knew I was faster in this section. I really was being opportunistic after seeing the daring pass made at the chicane. ;) Coming out of turn 3 you seemed to throttle up and slip out to the right. Causing you to open up the inside. Knowing you would have to throttle back to get car straight. I dove inside. For I had went WOT off exit in hopes something would come up like this. As well putting pressure on. If not I was prepped to brake early and trail you.

Getting inside there I knew I needed to leave you a lane. Honestly if you had known I was leaving that lane you would prob beat me the next turn. Seems the CLK is faster in a drag.

It was an exciting lap none the less.

From my view I knew I was faster in this section. I really was being opportunistic after seeing the daring pass made at the chicane. ;) Coming out of turn 3 you seemed to throttle up and slip out to the right. Causing you to open up the inside. Knowing you would have to throttle back to get car straight. I dove inside. For I had went WOT off exit in hopes something would come up like this. As well putting pressure on. If not I was prepped to brake early and trail you.

Getting inside there I knew I needed to leave you a lane. Honestly if you had known I was leaving that lane you would prob beat me the next turn. Seems the CLK is faster in a drag.

It was an exciting lap none the less.

Agreed it would have made for a more exciting sequence if I had known the kind of room that was there for me lol. Would have delayed the inevitable, You definitely had the edge at this track.

Great exactly what I need Hon what ever happens it was great racing with ya see you next season mate

Was a turbulent race put it that way. On pure pace I think I may have had you, but we will never know. Wasn't too happy about the final lap in general either way you look at it.

hon1987
Was a turbulent race put it that way. On pure pace I think I may have had you, but we will never know. Wasn't too happy about the final lap in general either way you look at it.

I got video of last lap. Will get it edited here shortly.

Fast Laps:

2658c5b2.jpg

Last edited:
hon1987
Nice, so to recap on the last lap, I lost the championship, the race lead and my first clean sweep! :lol:

For added comedy, let's have turn 1 from the 1 lapper!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_DtDNnzj8o">YouTube Link</a>

Yeah that's pretty unlucky.Well I crashed into Jake didnt mean to tho that's when I had massive damage and so did he. Btw I will try and upload action from the last Lap tomorrow.

Last edited:
Nice, so to recap on the last lap, I lost the championship, the race lead and my first clean sweep! :lol:

For added comedy, let's have turn 1 from the 1 lapper!

Hahaha, I just saw the viper go sideways in front of me so slammed on the brakes and turned left, lol... then chaos..

tissimo
Why does your viper pull to the Left? There was no damage, but your G bar showed on the straights???????

Man, second slow compared to the rest on fastest lap :(

Assuming glitch in replay. Start of lap wasn't like ending. that is odd. It drives straight. Wonder if my wheel off some. Hmmm

Thanks now you got me wondering. Hahaha

Edit: just did the time trial at GV and had no issues with the g meter being off center. Gonna say replay issue.

Last edited:
Assuming glitch in replay. Start of lap wasn't like ending. that is odd. It drives straight. Wonder if my wheel off some. Hmmm

Thanks now you got me wondering. Hahaha

Edit: just did the time trial at GV and had no issues with the g meter being off center. Gonna say replay issue.

There are more bugs in GT5 then in the Amazon Rain Forest, lol.

Hon your edited video. Hope it's epic, made completely from the iPhone 4. Recorded and edited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewx0u2GmV6g

Nice! well, not for hon, but video from the iphone, editing and all.

I just noticed GoGatrs isn't on your replay. I passed him last corner for 4th in GT2.

Like the damage indicator. Once you receive it. Doesn't repair even if you pit. The race you was repaired. Replay shows damage. :( makes it rough to judge some incidents. Don't know this always happens. However I have seen it on more then one occasion.

If the makers would just pool the league racers they prob get the game solid with our advice. Hahaha

lol at the vid.
I underhand that the Schumacher S is a high speed corner with no lift, but I think that hon could have relatively easily avoided the grass there.
Also, Owens, did I ever completely ram you? I think I had the invisible car glitch...

gogatrs
lol at the vid.
I underhand that the Schumacher S is a high speed corner with no lift, but I think that hon could have relatively easily avoided the grass there.
Also, Owens, did I ever completely ram you? I think I had the invisible car glitch...

Don't think I recall seeing you on track. No was never damaged during the race either.

Yea the video. Couldn't of gotten better lyric placement if I tried. That was pure luck. Haven't found how to clip a song. So it's start to finish.

Hon your edited video. Hope it's epic, made completely from the iPhone 4. Recorded and edited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewx0u2GmV6g

Nice Job Owens!

lol at the vid.

I could have, and was flat for most of the race through there(except when I was following you oddly enough), but with cars spinning online, you can never be sure of where they are going. The fact that he was on my turning point made me hesitant and decided to go off track just in case. Gotta remember this was a split second decision, and considering he was on apex where I had been hitting most if not all the laps I chose the steer away. In hindsight I might have made the corner.
But still, not really necessary rejoining the track at one of the fastest parts of the track. I had a 5-6 second advantage going in to that final lap, with you holding 4th ahead of Tiss! Bah humbug. :yuck: Horrible day at the track for me.

Can I sign up?
GTP:nitrorocks
PSN:nitrorocks
Class:GT2
Car:Mclaren F1 Stealth
#: 10 KRB Motorsports
Country/TimeZone: I live in Arizona USA, so I thinks its GMT, west coast next to California and Nevada so yeah

nitrorocks
Can I sign up?
GTP:nitrorocks
PSN:nitrorocks
Class:GT2
Car:Mclaren F1 Stealth
#: 10 KRB Motorsports
Country/TimeZone: I live in Arizona USA, so I thinks its GMT, west coast next to California and Nevada so yeah

We will be starting season 3 here shortly.

Back