GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
I'd keep La Sarthe 09 and Monza, just enforce harsher penalties for track cutting and hit people who backchat with a one race ban. Might seem like a hard stance but it'd eventually create discipline...

Think we found a solution:tup:👍

We could do Laguna. Guys also wanted to bring this up, how do you feel about low grip reduction instead of real? Frankly I am tired of spining out for barely putting a tire off. We could do a test session in Laguna this weekend to try it out.

Jav
We could do Laguna. Guys also wanted to bring this up, how do you feel about low grip reduction instead of real? Frankly I am tired of spining out for barely putting a tire off. We could do a test session in Laguna this weekend to try it out.

I'd say lose Daytona as well, a track I hate. Or suck at. Or both.:lol::irked:

I don't know with low grip reduction. In my eye, it will only encourage more corner cutting/ running wide for more speed.

hon1987

I don't know with low grip reduction. In my eye, it will only encourage more corner cutting/ running wide for more speed.

It's the only track I won at in the ALMS :s

Really not into low grip setting. Guys like me that aren't always the fastest. Pray for the leaders to step off and give us another position. :)

I still say no TC. Never use it. Tried in the rain. It made it easy. However I really think it numbs the experience.

(just my personal thoughts)

It's the only track I won at in the ALMS :s

Because strangely I started that race on racing hard tyres...and then you blocked me at the end....

I say no to no TCS too, TCS +3 makes the GT1 cars drivable for me on a DS3.

if we go for this way, i don't want Fuji Speedway GT because i hate the track, lol

Jav, try a track vote ??

Laguna is Good, i like the idea.

I say keep the settings the same...

Although I don't think going to low grip isn't gonna make people cut.more because they would still get a penalty for cutting someone off or using it as a short cut...I think what jav is trying to say is if u get forced off track for some reason, you don't just spin in circles trying to get back on

I say keep the settings the same...

Although I don't think going to low grip isn't gonna make people cut.more because they would still get a penalty for cutting someone off or using it as a short cut...I think what jav is trying to say is if u get forced off track for some reason, you don't just spin in circles trying to get back on

Hmm...true, but I don't think Laguna Seca is the best track to have as a test for the grip reduction option, as the sand/gravel run offs are obviously going to be less forgiving than say the run off areas at the Nurb GPF or Suzuka.

Though the grip reduction is only really noticeable (in my view) in wet weather races (you have to use wets or inters with it set to real). Since we have no wet weather races (yet) I'm not fussed either way this goes.

MitchZ06
Because strangely I started that race on racing hard tyres...and then you blocked me at the end....

I say no to no TCS too, TCS +3 makes the GT1 cars drivable for me on a DS3.

Your still on that? :indiff:

Anyone up for testing Laguna? I love that track. As well GV full is a great track for racing. IMHO

For what its worth, La sarthe 05 eliminates runoff at the Porsche curve exit, and the reconfigured first sector has way less runoff as well. There's still slight room for runoff at Tetre rouge but muuuuch less.

Honestly its a better and more challenging track, and even if I only run one race in season 3 it'll be that one.

I'm not sure whether to keep on with this series but i'll let you know

Wondering what the consensus on Trial Mountain is? Excellent track with good variation of corner speeds. If any of the original tracks where to be considered, I reckon this one. Final corner etiquette would need to be nailed down, obviously!

Wondering what the consensus on Trial Mountain is? Excellent track with good variation of corner speeds. If any of the original tracks where to be considered, I reckon this one. Final corner etiquette would need to be nailed down, obviously!

Keep those crazy thoughts to yourself :)

I'm fine with any track in the game really.. I particularly don't mind of they're not real life tracks. Would like a little variety then the same 5-6 tracks constantly. High speed ring weather change... Would be interesting, lol

Really not into low grip setting. Guys like me that aren't always the fastest. Pray for the leaders to step off and give us another position. :)

I still say no TC. Never use it. Tried in the rain. It made it easy. However I really think it numbs the experience.

(just my personal thoughts)

👍👍

luckylefty2gunz
i would like to see Deep Forest and Tokyo on the schedule but keep LaSarthe

I would like to see monza on the calendar and maybe deep forest raceway bring back some of the classic curcuits maybe swell as some of the real world curcuits.

I do love Deep Forest and while it can be a very fun track to drive balls out on a GT1 car it just doesn't suit GT1/GT2 racing 16 500+HP cars on Deep Forest at one time is just asking for trouble!
La Sarthe will be replaced by the 2005 version, Monza Will be replaced by Grand Valley full and daytona will be replaced by Rome. Keep the suggestions coming guys! I think Fuji GT could be replaced by one of the Cape Ring Variants but we still have a lot of tracks we can use! Too bad the custom tracks have those crazy elevation changes with an impossibly off camber hairpin at the very top...

Back