GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
Jav
I do love Deep Forest and while it can be a very fun track to drive balls out on a GT1 car it just doesn't suit GT1/GT2 racing 16 500+HP cars on Deep Forest at one time is just asking for trouble!
La Sarthe will be replaced by the 2005 version, Monza Will be replaced by Grand Valley full and daytona will be replaced by Rome. Keep the suggestions coming guys! I think Fuji GT could be replaced by one of the Cape Ring Variants but we still have a lot of tracks we can use! Too bad the custom tracks have those crazy elevation changes with an impossibly off camber hairpin at the very top...

And Fugi by Tokio??

How about limiting the cars for each track or specific tracks, and how about Cape Ring North? You get the Cape, without the ring ;) and also without the jump at the end of the ring

I know why don't we just Start the new season in a few weeks and decide what tracks to use already?
And also bring in some new race cars good idea??

Last edited:
I have no problem at all with Fuji, it is a great track and very technical. I kind of hate it and like it at the same time!! I wish we had the classic Fuji on GT5...

No Tokyo makes me a sad panda :(

Hopefully we can do the 2 short preseason races like the.beginning of.this season (hint hint) :)

High speed ring with weather does sound kinda fun

Jav
I have no problem at all with Fuji, it is a great track and very technical. I kind of hate it and like it at the same time!! I wish we had the classic Fuji on GT5...

Fuji Full with that chicane is awesome. The other is known for wide running. Also turn one and last turn are problem areas.

I'd implement a rule if your alone you better be in bounds. If on outside and you go wide to give room but you have to give spot back if you do go wide and gain position. This could help the worries and strictness on over runs. No harm no foul type of deal.

Also if we just check the top three of each class for over run. As well take in reports from farther back. Eliminate a lot of work. Have 6 replay stewards. 3 gt1 and 3 gt2. They watch opposite classes. :) I volunteer to watch a replay each week.

Or each racer has an assigned week to watch a podium car. :)

I would also volunteer to watch replays...I'm always home on Sunday even when I don't race...I just don't watch because I don't want to be the one that sends someone into a wall or something because the chat box pops up lol

Yeah I think we will use the GP version of Fuji for S3, I'm not too woried about the last corner anything other than the correct line trough there will cost you time...

Jav
Yeah I think we will use the GP version of Fuji for S3, I'm not too woried about the last corner anything other than the correct line trough there will cost you time...

Also can the last race be Double length an double points? Man that shake up the Championship standings in a quick instant. :)

OwensRacing
Also can the last race be Double length an double points? Man that shake up the Championship standings in a quick instant. :)

I like! Engineer a championship for ourselves! ;-)

So Jav will this series be following the real FIA GT and become a single unified class (~550hp/1200kg) or will it stay same old?

So Jav will this series be following the real FIA GT and become a single unified class (~550hp/1200kg) or will it stay same old?

It's not out of the picture, but for now we will stay with the mixed class format.

I'd like to go for overall honours with the F1 Stealth so any chance it could be upped to GT1? 650hp/1150kg seems to put it mid-pack in terms of lap times (I'm happy to work from there).

Hmm how much will you like the shake up if you get disconnected 2 laps from finish while in the lead? Also it gives an advantage to whomever happens to like the selected doublepoint track. I don't know about this one. I believe that all races are created equal :)

On another note I think that at the end of the season everyone's worst point scoring finish should be deducted from the championship total. Currently missing one race due to real life issues or a disconnect can cost you the season.

ultrap13
Hmm how much will you like the shake up if you get disconnected 2 laps from finish while in the lead? Also it gives an advantage to whomever happens to like the selected doublepoint track. I don't know about this one. I believe that all races are created equal :)

On another note I think that at the end of the season everyone's worst point scoring finish should be deducted from the championship total. Currently missing one race due to real life issues or a disconnect can cost you the season.

👍

ultrap13

Interesting point you have there, but I'd rather stick with the current system as it is. Keep it simple and don't over complicate it.

hon1987
Interesting point you have there, but I'd rather stick with the current system as it is. Keep it simple and don't over complicate it.

Yep keep current points system

hon1987

It's only a matter of subtracting the points from your worst finish.
Even I do that for my series.

We doing any testing/practice races this Sunday?

I am in!!!

Be back with the Viper to chase after that Championship. As well I am sure Atlas and I will be team mates again. Under the name "Venom Racing"

Atlas you get the 51 car this season my friend. ;)

Back