GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
Panoz Espirante is a decent runner. 650ish have to look.

The R35 GTR LM car would be fast with some tweaks at 600 HP.

We got the Nomad Diablo, XJ220 GT1, R390 GT Racecar.

Also like to see the C5 Vette and Camaro make an appearance.

I got signed out too.
Ah ok well if it's the servers then i guess we're done for today :(

Anyway, good mix of cars and drivers today. PJ looked too fast in the Ford GT @ 571hp.

I tried the Corvette C5-R, Panoz Esperante, Zonda LM and Camaro LM. The Camaro LM is unfortunately not competitive even at its max HP. The other 3 are good. Just a question of getting the HP right.

EDIT: I cannot get back into PSN, calling it the night.

Ah ok well if it's the servers then i guess we're done for today :(

Anyway, good mix of cars and drivers today. PJ looked too fast in the Ford GT @ 571hp.

I tried the Corvette C5-R, Panoz Esperante, Zonda LM and Camaro LM. The Camaro LM is unfortunately not competitive even at its max HP. The other 3 are good. Just a question of getting the HP right.

EDIT: I cannot get back into PSN, calling it the night.

Sorry I didn't make it guys, the Esperante is ready to go if you guys want it! don't remember the HP figures off the top of my head but I have it set to GT1 Spec on my garage.

Jav
Sorry I didn't make it guys, the Esperante is ready to go if you guys want it! don't remember the HP figures off the top of my head but I have it set to GT1 Spec on my garage.

i will give it a go seemed fast in practice

I ran the esperante at 600hp on one of the tracks in a couple lap battle. It was decent, lots of understeer (maybe be tuned out, but doubt it based I car design) even worse when you get front damage. It ran similar lap times though(within a second iirc). I THINK it was at Monza.

The voter is an outstanding car, very stable and quick! imo the best GT1 car in the series. The Clk is good, but not as stable as the viper imo.

The Ford GT is scary, literally. It oversteers a lot, even at high speed, you had to countersteer in the Schumacher S! It's so quick in the corners, it's in its own galaxy at any tracks that don't have many high speed corners. It may not be top dog at a track like La Sarthe, because it's very much a handful at high speed, but anywhere else, it'll be mighty. If a proper tune can be found to balance the car better, it'll be dominant :lol:

I'll keep my CLK, pretty much opposite to the Ford, not so good at low speed, but mid to high it's slightly better than others, and very stable. I'll struggle at low speed tracks though, managed pole at Monaco, just, but it took a lot out of my tyres to have that pace. Long wheelbase, not good for Monaco.

I'd try other cars, but i'm afraid I don't have any others :lol: But I want to see how the Gillet Vertigo would do. Just need to tone it's power down.

Let's be clear. No one picks cars yet. There could be an order to picking.

So with that have more then one in mind.

Well since not many people have a McLaren F1 Stealth I think it's a pretty safe bet to hang my hat on just the one choice :sly:

OwensRacing
Let's be clear. No one picks cars yet. There could be an order to picking.

So with that have more then one in mind.

Imo the order to picking should be veterans should get first pick. You'll have to out drive someone to knock them out of the car next season. Like if magzire paced higher then owens in the championship he could knock owens out of the viper.

Gives kind of a "career mode" to the series.

tissimo
Imo the order to picking should be veterans should get first pick. You'll have to out drive someone to knock them out of the car next season. Like if magzine paced higher then owens in the championship he could knock owens out of the viper.

Gives kind of a "career mode" to the series.

We had discussed this idea in the practice room.

I feel it should be in order of championship finish. As well to ad a twist to the teams championship. Do not allow top three Champs to be teamed.

Exp. GT1

Atlas
Owens
Magz

All have to pick different cars. No teams.

This does break up Atlas and I's Viper rein. But I think this would add a bit to the Teams.

OwensRacing
We had discussed this idea in the practice room.

I feel it should be in order of championship finish. As well to ad a twist to the teams championship. Do not allow top three Champs to be teamed.

Exp. GT1

Atlas
Owens
Magz

All have to pick different cars. No teams.

This does break up Atlas and I's Viper rein. But I think this would add a bit to the Teams.

Yeah it would give new comers to the series a better chance.. But also kind of punishes teams that do well. You're just driving for yourself and not your team if you know you'll be broken up at the end of the season.

Either way... I'm moving up to GT1 this season and looking forward to the challenge.

The Ford GT is scary, literally. It oversteers a lot, even at high speed, you had to countersteer in the Schumacher S! It's so quick in the corners, it's in its own galaxy at any tracks that don't have many high speed corners. It may not be top dog at a track like La Sarthe, because it's very much a handful at high speed, but anywhere else, it'll be mighty. If a proper tune can be found to balance the car better, it'll be dominant :lol:

I have no clue on how tha hell I did a season on that car and went into the last round tied for the championship! Something must've changed with some update because from the penultimate round on S1 I can't drive the car for s_it!!
The only real choices we have for GT1 is the Panoz wich I had allready tuned and homologated for S2, The C5.R wich is slower than the RM Vette, The Jaguar wich I don't own and the Nissan R390.
I had my resservations on 3 of those cars sinse they are so different and from a whole different era of racing. But if you guys really want it they will be in.

Jag is too slow from what I am seeing. Not broke in and still not over 600 HP.

I would use Either of three cars. Ford GT, CLK, Viper.

Jav
Don't really have any cars in mind for GT2... Any suggestions?

Nissan GTR Jamie Campbell Walters car maybe? :) But tuned down for GT2 spec

Edit: Aston Martin

And also maybe a safety car for season 3 BMW M3 White

Last edited:
Back