GTP's Member of the Week #23 - Introducing Wolfe

• Thread starter DuckRacer
  • 37 comments

DuckRacer

Premium
Name: Baron V. Wittman

Occupation: Part-time arcade attendant, full-time student at MATC.

Interests: Cars, motorcycles, motorsports, videogames, military aircraft, music, Germany and its culture/language, giant robots that blow stuff up.

What is the best Christmas gift you can buy for less than $10?

Most memorable moment of your life?

Do you think this MOTW service is having less questions because I'm not asking a whole lot of things?

Why is your username "Wolfe"? Why not "Wolf"? I would've let you into the animal kingdom, with me as King and g0oSe as princess, but ah well.

You're greatest goal in life (and you can't say anything sappy like 'I just want to raise a healthy family').

Why bother with Wolfe or Wolf. With a name like Baron, I'd have used that as my user name. That would be almost as cool as a6m5. :dopey:

My question: Do you feel superior to Duċk, since your name can eat his?

Ducks can fly to safety.

And ducks (well, at least me) have an abundant supply of razor-edged fishsticks*, which are deadly at close range.

*That is the work of my crazy imagination.

Duċk;2493803
Ducks can fly to safety.

And ducks (well, at least me) have an abundant supply of razor-edged fishsticks*, which are deadly at close range.

*That is the work of my crazy imagination.

Saved for later sigging (???) :lol:
Why wont you answer our questions?

Why are you so interested in Deustchland? It's a cool place and all, but still.

Awesomeness. Time to put my putting-lots-of-quotes-into-a-single-post skillz to the test. :sly:

Duċk;2493480
What is the best Christmas gift you can buy for less than $10?

Depends on the person, but the easiest thing would be a custom-made greeting card. For years, I've made my own birthday/holiday cards for my family and friends. That way, you can throw your own inside jokes into 'em.

Duċk;2493480
Most memorable moment of your life?

Well, during my trip to Germany, my father and I stayed at Schnabelwaid. It's a very small town in the middle of Bavaria, and the only reason why we were there is because our ancestors came from the nearby village of Preunersfeld. Through the process of attempting to find any potential relatives, we met all sorts of very friendly and generous people, who helped us track down locals whom we might have been related to. Eventually, the whole thing culminated in a trip to a festival in Bayreuth in the back of a 5-series owned by a man named Hans Wittman (most likely no relation).

Almost everyone we met and talked to, along with a group of college-age kids we were drinking with at the festival, ended up drinking and socializing at our hotel's tavern together, after the festival. It was at that moment that I realized that all of it was caused by my father and I, and our innocent visit to this small community. It was amazing.

Duċk;2493480
Do you think this MOTW service is having less questions because I'm not asking a whole lot of things?

Huh? I hadn't noticed, but it'd be kinda nice to not have to answer a bajillion questions, I suppose. :)

Duċk;2493480
Why is your username "Wolfe"? Why not "Wolf"? I would've let you into the animal kingdom, with me as King and g0oSe as princess, but ah well.
Why Wolfe? Why not Wolf?

For whatever reason, I decided a long time ago (when I first came up with this internet alias) that the "e" was necessary to denote that "Wolfe" was short for "Wolfgang."

Duċk;2493480
You're greatest goal in life (and you can't say anything sappy like 'I just want to raise a healthy family').

To get paid to drive the hottest sportscars/supercars around a racetrack and tell people what I think of them.

Is your name really 'Baron v. Wittman'?

It gets even better. My mother's last name is "Vaughn," and that's my middle name. ;)

Why bother with Wolfe or Wolf. With a name like Baron, I'd have used that as my user name. That would be almost as cool as a6m5. :dopey:

Heh, well, to me, Baron is just my first name, like anyone else's. So I guess it seems kinda boring to use it as a username. I can see how it could seem cool to someone else, though, and I'll take that as a compliment. ;)

I feel superior to Duċk because I'm older and probably bigger than him. :sly: ;)

When you were younger, in roll call in elementary, did you get made fun of?

Nope, but a lot of people have called me "Byron" or "Brian."

why of all german names are you obsessed with something as awful as wolfgang? :D

A. I don't think it's awful at all.
B. It almost became a paired with "vaughn" to form a two-name middle name, to complete the "joke" -- Baron Wolfgang-Vaughn Wittman. However, my parents decided against it.
C. I like wolves.

Why wont you answer our questions?

I was working on an assignment for my Newswriting and Reporting class, which had to be finished and submitted electronically by 11:55pm.

Are you the Red Baron?

Nope, but I do use that to help people remember my name, or learn how to spell it, or to pre-empt the inevitable reference to it. ;) I usually say something like, "My name is Baron...like 'the Red Baron.'"

Also, my family might be related to the Black Baron of World War II -- Michael Wittmann, a panzer ace. However, our ancestors came over to settle in Indiana in the mid-1800's, so the connection would be a rather distant one.

Oh, and I like military aircraft, too. Ace Combat is one of my favorite games.

Why are you so interested in Deustchland? It's a cool place and all, but still.

My family on my father's side has a strong German heritage, and my dad has always had an interest in the language and culture, so I picked that up from him, too. My parents often go to the local German bar to enjoy authentic imported German beers, and I hitch a ride along whenever I can, so that I can enjoy some German beer and food myself.

I've seen you speak some German before, but exactly how fluent are you at it?

Also, you don't seem to be the anime type, but because of your avatar, I have to ask:
Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop?

What country are you from? Speak any other langauges?

I live in the united states.

Yep. I know a bit of German.

I've seen you speak some German before, but exactly how fluent are you at it?

More than enough to get by in ordinary conversation, but I'm afraid that if I don't get back into a German class soon, it'll all start to slip away from me.

Also, you don't seem to be the anime type, but because of your avatar, I have to ask:
Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop?

I'm not the anime type, no, but I do enjoy watching certain series now and then. Anyway, that's a hard question, because I like them both a lot, but I guess I'll have to go with Samurai Champloo.

Interesting name choice, Neo. I didn't realize you liked the Suzuki Cappuccino so much. :sly:

Why do you think GT3 is better than GT4 anyway?

Woops never mind, you would probably give me 3 pages to read and I ain't looking for that :lol:

OK seriously now, do you like to ride fast on your bike?

Is there any European country you'd like to visit other than Germany?

Ciao!

Bebop or Rocksteady?

Which of these best describes you, a quiet night in guy or an all night in the clubs guy?

What's your favourite film ever, or if you can't decide your fave few?

Why do you think GT3 is better than GT4 anyway?

Woops never mind, you would probably give me 3 pages to read and I ain't looking for that :lol:

To summarize, GT3 is more fun, and I don't think GT4 is really any more realistic.

OK seriously now, do you like to ride fast on your bike?

Yes and no. I'm a noob at it, and my inexperience can lead to fear. I have, however, hit 100mph, and I really enjoy carving through corners.

Is there any European country you'd like to visit other than Germany?

I'd like to visit pretty much all of the tourist-friendly ones, but if I had to pick one country other than Germany, I'd have to go for the UK.

Bebop or Rocksteady?

Bebop.

Which of these best describes you, a quiet night in guy or an all night in the clubs guy?

A quiet night in guy.

What's your favourite film ever, or if you can't decide your fave few?

Tom Cruise annoys me, but one of the greatest movies I've ever seen is the Last Samurai.

whats your favourite german meal then? :)

Vienna-style Schnitzel, of course. ;)

Do you ever go out wearing sheep's clothing?

Actually, I can't stand wearing white clothing. I have one single light-gray T-shirt, and the rest of my wardrobe consists of nothing but blue and black, with a couple dark green T-shirts and a khaki-colored pair of shorts.

What's your favorite style of music?

Electronica; mostly Trance and Drum 'n' Bass. I listen to Digitally Imported a lot.

I also enjoy listening to videogame music.

How old were you when you lost your virginity?

Let's see...I don't think I had my BMW at the time, so I must have been 17.

You like Japanese Animation?

I like the sharper style it offers compared to most american animation, but I judge anime shows on a show-by-show basis. I never like a show based only on the fact that it's an anime.

Ah your German? As am I! The names Keller! I must have the most common name ever.

Do you know any Matthew Kellers?

Do you know any Kellers?

Back