GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
Omnis
Go France. Group H ftw.

WTF is wrong with ESPN? Why can't they just pronounce the simplest names correctly? Linda Cohn is a stupid moron. Who the hell says "enn'ree"?

Tea-airy On-ree.

Who pronounces Henry un-hee (unless it's that weirdo Poverty mentioned)? In Thierry's case it's how Famine posted, in Henry as a first name in the UK it's Hen-Ree.

Portugal is in, that sucks. I recorded the game, but didn't account for overtime. I went as far as 18 minutes in overtime.

France vs. Brazil wasn't even aired here in SoCal. But, it's great to hear Brazil is out.

You just gotta take the good with the bad. 👍

I really hope Italy demostrate their capacity to win tough games like the upcoming match against Germany. Francesco Totti has to take the role of team leader and shoot from half distance (sort of what he does in Roma) so the rest of the players start relying on his offensive plays and keep defending well as they have done so far. Luca Toni can be an important factor along with Del Piero (if Marcello Lippi decides to put him as a starter)
Alessandro Nesta MIGHT be able to start on tuesday but he has to pass an exam on sunday first.
Genaro Gatusso was exceptional on last match and hopefully he as well as the rest of the team...will play like they did when we beat Germany 4-1 on the friendly game 90 days before the WC.

I really believe in Italia even though their game play hasn't convinced many that they are favorites for the title. FORZA GLADIATORI AZZURRI!!!!

Ciao!

Woo that was terrible, but not much of a suprise i'm still more annoyed about Argentina going out than England. I think I was pretty much half expecting for England to go out and not improve so meh.

Seriously what is wrong with Rooney? Does he have some sort of mental disease that causes him to do the most stupid things on the field?

And how awesome is Ricardo...:)

DODGE the VIPER
Seriously what is wrong with Rooney? Does he have some sort of mental disease that causes him to do the most stupid things on the field?

And how awesome is Ricardo...:)

I don't know, did he get carded for the nut crushing or the shove or both? Although I think when he goes back to train for man u he's gonna have a bit of a dig at Ronaldo.

DODGE the VIPER

:lol:

Rooney: "I think I'll hold on some guy's arm, then wrap my leg around him, trip him, stomp on his crotch, and when one of his fellow players comes to balk at my moves, I'll just shove him away and do it all directly in front of a ref. :dunce: "

Race Idiot
I don't know, did he get carded for the nut crushing or the shove or both? Although I think when he goes back to train for man u he's gonna have a bit of a dig at Ronaldo.
I think it was because of both, even more so for pushing Cristiano Ronaldo.

But it was weird because, if the ref gave him the red because he shoved Ronaldo away..then he would've done it right away, instead, he walke away from the players and after a few words, the ref showed him the red...

Ciao!

Famine
Tea-airy On-ree.

I know that. Her midwestern-jewish pronounciation came out like 'enree, as in henry with an oddly extended y. I love how she was trying to sound all french-like, though. :lol:

I don't believe Frank Lampard did'nt score against Portagul, then he did'nt score his penalty, and to make it worse, my least favourite player ever had to put Portagul through.

FatAssBR
I think it was because of both, even more so for pushing Cristiano Ronaldo.

É tempo de matar o avatar, Felipe. :D

...How'd I do?

Mr.OzzyGT
The coolest name is Zinedine Zidane. Can't get any better than that.

Ciao!

The lengths some people will go to just to be last in the phone book.

England are out! :cheers:

But Brazil are aswell :(

I think Germany can go on to win it now. I really don't know if Portugal can beat France though. France haven't been impressive, but lucky IMO.

Six String
J.T for captain now hopefully, Beckhams retired as skipper.

It won't be JT by rights it should Be Garry Neville seeing as he's the most experienced squad member and he's the Man U captain.

Yeah but Neville isn't even on the field, is he?

...Wayne Rooney for captain. :D

He'd be like the little bald gangleader.

I dunno.

I'm more pissed of that Argentina went out, because they actually played like they wanted to win something. God damnit.

Race Idiot
It won't be JT by rights it should Be Garry Neville seeing as he's the most experienced squad member and he's the Man U captain.
Yeah but Neville is getting on.

I think Gerrard is most likely to be the captain.

Back