Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
I'm pretty sure that little K-powered hatch is in the 11s now. It'd look better lower with slightly smaller wheels but it's got the mean sleeper look even at the moment.

Definitely. It has that "I just threw some rims on my pimp ride so now its phat, yo!" look to it. I honestly wouldn't think much about it at first glance, but very impressive. 👍

OMG guys.

I went snooping around the back of my machine shop earlier and I found something neat. They have a complete K24A4 and two J30A4s. Yeah, I'm scheming...

But I'm pretty sure Honda owns the engines. They send our shop stuff all the time so we can test machines that we've built. Right now we're building giant things that cut off the excess cast aluminum from steering knuckles. These engines are probably left over from an old dyno-like machine we built. I wasn't around then to see it though. A coworker said they just ran the exhaust out the door and fired it up! Cool.

These engines could be complete lemons. They might work perfectly. A quick look under the cam convers suggests they're in like-new condition. There isn't even any oil in there, so tey might never have been run. I just hope the shop decides to get rid of them soon...:lol:

OMG guys.

I went snooping around the back of my machine shop earlier and I found something neat. They have a complete K24A4 and two J30A4s. Yeah, I'm scheming...

But I'm pretty sure Honda owns the engines. They send our shop stuff all the time so we can test machines that we've built. Right now we're building giant things that cut off the excess cast aluminum from steering knuckles. These engines are probably left over from an old dyno-like machine we built. I wasn't around then to see it though. A coworker said they just ran the exhaust out the door and fired it up! Cool.

These engines could be complete lemons. They might work perfectly. A quick look under the cam convers suggests they're in like-new condition. There isn't even any oil in there, so tey might never have been run. I just hope the shop decides to get rid of them soon...:lol:
I say swap the engine into your car, and give your old engine to me.

I was thinking about it, and at my work, if it hasn't been claimed and no one uses it, you can simply ask for it and most likely you can have it, especially if its from some past project and the space its occupying is worth more to the company then it is. Why not give it a try? Can't hurt.

I'm going to ask my boos what they heck they do with those engines the next time I'm at work. Or the next time he's at work. He's lazy. :lol:

But since the K24A4 is a K-series engine (out of the Accord and CR-V I imagine) would the K20 head fit right on? I'd imagine the RSX head might flow better than the conservative Accord one. But of course the Accord head does feed .4 more liters, which is a lot. Maybe just free up the header and intake manifold/intake? Hmmm...

And would a K20 mount kit work on the K24 also? What about the 6-speed manual? Would that fit the K24 or would I have to use te Accord stick?

I'm going to ask my boos what they heck they do with those engines the next time I'm at work. Or the next time he's at work. He's lazy. :lol:

But since the K24A4 is a K-series engine (out of the Accord and CR-V I imagine) would the K20 head fit right on? I'd imagine the RSX head might flow better than the conservative Accord one. But of course the Accord head does feed .4 more liters, which is a lot. Maybe just free up the header and intake manifold/intake? Hmmm...

And would a K20 mount kit work on the K24 also? What about the 6-speed manual? Would that fit the K24 or would I have to use te Accord stick?

Any K20 head will fit any K24 block. The K20 mount kit will be able to mount the block properly, but the clearance will be different. The block is taller, so the head sits higher than the K20-series engines. Any K20-series transmission will mount to the K24.

well guys I just washed my car, put a cover on her and put her to sleep for 10 weeks. I start my recruits course for the air force tomorrow and that means up to 10 weeks on base for training. So I wont be around these forums for a while, no one better have a crash while Im gone either!

Farewell

I'd love to try that.

I'd atleast set up races with the other guys on the base. Sure I'd get kicked out of the airforce for it, but once they find that video I made with Sp33, they would have kicked me out anyways. :lol:

well guys I just washed my car, put a cover on her and put her to sleep for 10 weeks. I start my recruits course for the air force tomorrow and that means up to 10 weeks on base for training. So I wont be around these forums for a while, no one better have a crash while Im gone either!

Farewell
You're probably gone by now but, have fun!

Good to see someone joining the Services - it'll be tough but stick it out. 👍

Give us an update when you can. :)

Well guys, I think we finally got all the kinks out of the suspension. She gave us lots of troubles, mainly because we weren't smart enough to read the directions first. I made the mistake of thinking a Honda technician would know how to assemble aftermarket struts--which are entirely different than stock--without any trouble.

Now the only annoyance is that the rears squeak. But hey, it's a race car, amirite?

And I's like to keep my roof on. It's embarassing when you can see the dashboard shaking at a different frequency than the seat you're sitting in.

Oh, and I'd really like one of you guys to send me about $1700. That's a rough estimate for new lower rear control arms, lower rear tie-bar, both strut tower braces, Eibach's Anti-Roll kit, and my new rims and tires. Screw my hangy muffler, I want to handle!

Haha, alright I'll take that. So, you guys are telling me I've got a squeaky piece? Hmph.

Well I don't feel like taking them apart again. Maybe eventually, but not this weekend.

EIDT: Guys, I did some tests. I found that my chassis structure is as rigid as a freaking train tressel! You know, the ones you made out of popsicle sticks back in elementary school...

What did you expect? Its basically a convertible, and if you look at the pics of the Miata that were posted in another thread, you can see how strong cars without roofs are.

taurine, hows your yellow wonder going?

dsc00829su4.jpg

dsc00843nn8.jpg

dsc00847hj3.jpg

dsc00858yv0.jpg

Tial 50mm BOV, Darton MID 84mm sleeves, CP 84.5mm pistons, Eagle Rods

This is also where my turbo will be going:

p1010100cl0.jpg

I have 16 stainless bends and I still need to order some stainless tube so I can make a merge collector and start fabbing a manifold which might look something like this but on a smaller scale

dscf0162pg7.jpg

I'm not understanding how the pistons could be a bigger diameter than the sleeves they go into. When you put the rings on the piston the diameter gets even bigger. Does the sleeve size change when you press them in or something?

I'm not understanding how the pistons could be a bigger diameter than the sleeves they go into. When you put the rings on the piston the diameter gets even bigger. Does the sleeve size change when you press them in or something?

I should sure as hell hope not.

Back