How I USED to make 5,000,000 credits/hour through Custom Races... using a Fiat. But not anymore.

Looks like PD have caught on. I'm not upset about it though - this is something I've been talking about for a while now. Seems the payouts and grids will finally align properly with our tuned car's PP.
Even if they make it use the PP in effect for the race, it should still be possible to make decent credits this way. You can give the Tomahawk a high PP while still being nerfed, e.g. it works absolutely fine with RS tyres on and just nerfing the gearing. The Abarth doesn't lose much speed with worse rear tyres, I'm running it at around 430 PP anyway, doing 26 lap races in 21:30. I reckon you could get the PP a lot lower than that without slowing it down that much.

Looks like PD have caught on. I'm not upset about it though - this is something I've been talking about for a while now. Seems the payouts and grids will finally align properly with our tuned car's PP.
Well, that didn't take long. They can fix anything...if they're motivated to.

Well thats a joke. Here is the AHK script i developed based off the old one by Septomor:

1. gt7, ps5 required
  2. download chiaki v2.2, install
  3. double click your ps5 in chiaki
  4. use this to get your psn id in base64, enter in chiaki -> https://psn.flipscreen.games/
  5. go to ps5 settings, remote play, link device, itll show the pin, enter pin in chiaki
  6. download autohotkey v1.1 deprecated version
  7. download my script from pastebin. Save it into a .ahk file.
  8. map nos to L1, accel R2, steering Left stick. Set units to metric kph.
  9. get in tomahawk car, tune to setup screenshot, make sure ballast 200kg -50 position, 70 power output
  10. setup custom race at daytona tri oval, 20cars, start pos 20, 26 laps, Start Type - Rolling Start, Boost off, weak sliptstream, max out the rolling start interval, Nitrous Usage Time Multiplier: 10x, custom opponents from garage (it should fill up with tomahawks), Rival Difficulty - Professional Level -> save this as a race setup for later use. it should state 1.031M cr for winning.
  11. get in your abarth 595, K20 eng swap, fully tune it except bumpers/spoilers. tune it as per screenshots.
  12. go setup the custom race at daytona tri oval again, load the race setup saved from step 9
  13. start the race, pause the race, hover over retry
  14. open the script file, set to pixel option
  15. hit start
  16. you should get 1.5M with clean race bonus every time, about 4.5M/hour. laptimes should be ~48s
  17. Set tc1
    1699531878037.png
    1699532048793.png
    1699531862477.png
    1699532001187.png
1699531849254.png

Last edited:
Never thought I'd be hoping the next update doesn't come out by the end of the month...
Back with the first Tomahawk glitch used at Tokyo PD didn't patch it with the following update. I Think it was left for another month before they patched it. Let's wait and see.

But… even if they fix it. Maybe stock abarth would still defeat gear handicapped tomahawk?
a good way to test it is to compare a stock 430ish PP car and see what you get. You're right though beating it won't be the issue, just the cash fund

Is this list comprehensive of all issues including those present since release e.g. custom race ai tyres and the rolling start issue mentioned above? PD must surely be aware of these and not consider them the proper design.

Everyone who reacted to my “let’s be honest with ourselves guys this is an exploit” post with a poop emoji:

Where is your god now?!

e: (Billy Madison guy) “It’s poop again!”

Last edited:
a good way to test it is to compare a stock 430ish PP car and see what you get. You're right though beating it won't be the issue, just the cash fund
I took my Abarth 595 down to 393 PP, where it did a 26 lap race in just under 24 minutes (around 55 secs per lap). I then took the nearest PP stock car (the executive lounge thing) and took it to the race to see what the payout would be. You'd get (slightly more than, as the PP wasn't an exact match) 883k (with CRB) for the 24 minute race if it used 393 PP for the Abarth. That's still a better payout for an AFK race than you get for manually driving Tokyo, with an almost 100% certain CRB.

Also, I only tried one setup, it would almost certainly be possible to improve the relationship between PP and race time a bit.

Last edited:
Yeah I’m not surprised. Typical greedy PD. The custom race payouts are nerfed as it is, as shown by the measly endurance and over 100km payouts.

If PD is gonna fix this by using tuned PP as reference, then maybe, just maybe, they should do the same for Sophy races. Just saying: if they only start using tuned PP for custom races and remain using stock PP for Sophy, that right there would be a manifestation of what are the priorities.

If PD is gonna fix this by using tuned PP as reference, then maybe, just maybe, they should do the same for Sophy races. Just saying: if they only start using tuned PP for custom races and remain using stock PP for Sophy, that right there would be a manifestation of what are the priorities.
They mention the selection of opponents in Quick Races in the known issues as well for this, so I'm expecting the fix to change Sophy as well (in terms of it'll pick faster cars if you enter a tuned car).

This is like 100% what they mean by "quick races" not using the right opponents if you're using a tuned car.

I would actually probably argue them fixing that is their priority and adjusting that calculation has a knock on effect on the grind payouts.

They mention the selection of opponents in Quick Races in the known issues as well for this, so I'm expecting the fix to change Sophy as well (in terms of it'll pick faster cars if you enter a tuned car).

This is like 100% what they mean by "quick races" not using the right opponents if you're using a tuned car.

I would actually probably argue them fixing that is their priority and adjusting that calculation has a knock on effect on the grind payouts.
Fingers crossed. I'm not saying that isn't going to be the case, just that if it isn't, then that would send a very weird message. Personally I'd be gaining more than losing if both get rectified.

Priorities are to get as many microtransactions as possible, otherwise we wouldn't have this nerf, we would have 25-30 races with high payouts instead of just 4, we could replay the 1hr missions and earn money, etc. But that would not be profitable for them I guess :)

100%
They’re obligated to be as profitable as possible.
If 10,000,000cr has a real world value of $50 then they will never allow time efficient methods of earning credits in game.

I’d fully support a DLC model over the microtransaction one we have.
The drip feed of free monthly content doesn’t really do much for me.
If PD released 2 big DLCs a year I’d pay for them, especially if they were GT League/Mission/Endurance related with love and care put into them.
Hell, add a Gran Turismo 3 arcade machine to the Cafe and I’d pay full price.

As soon as people start to enjoy themselves,in steps PD in there size 9`s :lol: They seem to absolutely detest any easy money making idea,this exploit,glitch or whatever you want to call it doesnt affect anybody else except the person doing it,it doesnt affect sport mode or multiplayer so why nerf it?

@OldandSlow .Your right,if they are motivated.Quick enough to nerf an easy money method but cant increase the payouts on other circuits.

Last edited:

Lol, "We apologize for any inconvenience" 🙄

As soon as people start to enjoy themselves,in steps PD in there size 9`s :lol: They seem to absolutely detest any easy money making idea,this exploit,glitch or whatever you want to call it doesnt affect anybody else except the person doing it,it doesnt affect sport mode or multiplayer so why nerf it?

@OldandSlow .Your right,if they are motivated.Quick enough to nerf an easy money method but cant increase the payouts on other circuits.

That means " play as you can " cause what you know about custom races will belong to the past after next update.

I think its time to do some expensive swaps before that ends,.

Hope at least newer players to notice that and take advantage as it last because.......Pay has no limits 😂

Time to grind for the next few days. The fix could happen within the next week. 100M credits, here I come.

Edit: I have no clue what PP my Tomahawk is. It is so nerfed the game just gives it dashes for its PP rating. I think with it fully maxed out its over 2000pp.

Last edited:
But… even if they fix it. Maybe stock abarth would still defeat gear handicapped tomahawk?
You can slam the Tomahawk's top speed down as low as 45km/h, so this exploit will still work. It'll just be fewer credits per hour, either because you make your Abarth slower or you reduce the payout. I'm going to try to get to 100m with as many cars checked off my wishlist as possible (including duplicates for role-playing purposes), but I'll still keep doing this after the update.

Long-time lurker of GTPlanet here, finally joining in on the conversation.

First off, I have a macro that works with PS5 controller almost flawlessly that I'd be happy to share. I've had it run 12+ hours without issue. In an Abarth with bad oil/engine/body, it averages about 23:25 for a 27-lap race (my math shows that 26/27 laps races are the best for that length). While I haven't stuck around to watch every race, it seems to get a clean race bonus 90% of the time. All in all, the cycle takes 24 mins 15 seconds, so you come out with $3.96M per hour. You still need to keep an eye on it as there is a rare 1-in-a-100 crash that you can't plan for.

Second, we all know that PD is going to nerf this ASAP. I had an epiphany last night that might be able to help with this though..If you're like me and you're stuck at $100M credits waiting for invites or cars to pop up in the Legends dealership, we may be able to use a recent price increase to our advantage. As many have noticed, the Ferrari 330 P4 skyrocketed from $9.5M to $20M in one legendary dealership cycle. This led to its used valuation jumping from ~$8M to ~$12M. This could be an indication of future price increases on the Jaguar XJ13, which just so happens to be available in the Legends dealership right now. Long story short, I've been snatching up XJ13's with the plan to resell them when I need cash. Will this work? I dunno...is it better than sitting on my hands while I wait for the Ferrari Enzo invite that I'll probably get in 2025? Abso-****-lutely.

Anyways, curious to hear others thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw guys, if you hit the 100 million and have nothing in the legendary shop to use them on, buy something else and park the credits in used cars..
Or just buy legendary duplicates for resale. Yes, you lose money, but given they are going to nerf this payout, it's still worthwhile to buy them while credits are abundant. When credits become less abundant, you sell them in the UCD for a quick cash injection.

Long-time lurker of GTPlanet here, finally joining in on the conversation.

First off, I have a macro that works with PS5 controller almost flawlessly that I'd be happy to share. I've had it run 12+ hours without issue. In an Abarth with bad oil/engine/body, it averages about 23:25 for a 27-lap race (my math shows that 26/27 laps races are the best for that length). While I haven't stuck around to watch every race, it seems to get a clean race bonus 90% of the time. All in all, the cycle takes 24 mins 15 seconds, so you come out with $3.96M per hour. You still need to keep an eye on it as there is a rare 1-in-a-100 crash that you can't plan for.

Second, we all know that PD is going to nerf this ASAP. I had an epiphany last night that might be able to help with this though..If you're like me and you're stuck at $100M credits waiting for invites or cars to pop up in the Legends dealership, we may be able to use a recent price increase to our advantage. As many have noticed, the Ferrari 330 P4 skyrocketed from $9.5M to $20M in one legendary dealership cycle. This led to its used valuation jumping from ~$8M to ~$12M. This could be an indication of future price increases on the Jaguar XJ13, which just so happens to be available in the Legends dealership right now. Long story short, I've been snatching up XJ13's with the plan to resell them when I need cash. Will this work? I dunno...is it better than sitting on my hands while I wait for the Ferrari Enzo invite that I'll probably get in 2025? Abso-****-lutely.

Anyways, curious to hear others thoughts.
Post it up,always good to see/use different mothods.Does it work on the ps5 or is it ps4 only? 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Back