ICGTC Season 3 FINISHED

• Thread starter ErikAndre71
  • 2,452 comments
Hey hey , guys don't forget my question please

I've given up trying to figure out the GT-R, I've never been able to get the tyre wear right.

I'm going to try the NSX again, which is a shame because I actually like the Lexus.

My best soft time was a 3.8 I think and medium was a 4.5. Still too slow with that.

I've given up trying to figure out the GT-R, I've never been able to get the tyre wear right.

I'm going to try the NSX again, which is a shame because I actually like the Lexus.

My best soft time was a 3.8 I think and medium was a 4.5. Still too slow with that.

My qually time was also 4.5...

believe me the NSX is hard to handle 💡

Don't leave if it turns out bad.

I don't think you were slow...i think we have alot more better drivers in this league compared to season 1.

Well guys.. mechanical advice is.. turn down a bit of your max downforce at the rear.. also open up the lsd a bit.. my suspension is so close to stock its scary.. work with camber and toe.

Max down force on the rear works with racing hard because it doesn't have that amount of traction when accelerating. With soft and medium (worst on soft) your rear spoiler lift your front tyres off the ground (not literally) but you lose traction on your front tyres in high speed corners and they slide. This makes your car wear a lot of front tyres.

My setup sacrifice some of the hot lap time, but it wear the tyres much more even.. and a hot tip.. drop the stupid Rigidity Improvement, yes it makes you faster.. for two laps.. but then the stiff chassi is wearing your tyres. I only add that to cars I super tune in the game.. a road car witch get a super stiff suspension I add it. But the SuperGT cars already are super stiff. (why make a tanks out of it) Adding it will also make your tune much more sensitive, one mistake and the car doesn't feel right.

Also I seen most of you over drive your wheels like crazy, I could have learned something from it when I qualify as it is really fast when you don't have to care about your tyres. But when you are about to go 56 laps it will feel like you have the worst tyre wear of us all..

i actually think you were pretty ok driving the lexus.. ill send you my setup when i'm online & ur too.. so you can try it out man no problem:tup:

ive heard that also with the rigidity thing.. seems like i have to buy another petronas 1 with and one without :)

Well guys.. mechanical advice is.. turn down a bit of your max downforce at the rear.. also open up the lsd a bit.. my suspension is so close to stock its scary.. work with camber and toe.

Max down force on the rear works with racing hard because it doesn't have that amount of traction when accelerating. With soft and medium (worst on soft) your rear spoiler lift your front tyres off the ground (not literally) but you lose traction on your front tyres in high speed corners and they slide. This makes your car wear a lot of front tyres.

My setup sacrifice some of the hot lap time, but it wear the tyres much more even.. and a hot tip.. drop the stupid Rigidity Improvement, yes it makes you faster.. for two laps.. but then the stiff chassi is wearing your tyres. I only add that to cars I super tune in the game.. a road car witch get a super stiff suspension I add it. But the SuperGT cars already are super stiff. (why make a tanks out of it) Adding it will also make your tune much more sensitive, one mistake and the car doesn't feel right.

Also I seen most of you over drive your wheels like crazy, I could have learned something from it when I qualify as it is really fast when you don't have to care about your tyres. But when you are about to go 56 laps it will feel like you have the worst tyre wear of us all..

Really Chassi Regidtity is bad for tyres?? i use that.
Make that much more tyre wear?
And i have test lower downforce in the Rear but it makes me slower and my tyre wear is not bether.

Well if you turn down your rear down force, you will have to adjust something else. But if I were you I wouldn't be concerned about this. You are fast enough to do a extra pitstop.

But that is my trick, I'm way off your pace. But I still can compete with most of the guys here.

I have no chance to compete with the hot laps done by some here, but hot laps are only important for me in qualify. When I do race I need to be fast over the amount of laps witch are set. So I decided to try out without the rigidity improvement and my best lap time went up with 1-3 tenths, but my average lap time after 15 laps on the same tyres went down by a full second.

Do you mean in lap 15 you drive one second faster with dont rigidity??
That is heavy i must test this i have test this one time but only 2 laps there was rigidity faster.But i will see

No, I mean the average over the amount of the 15 laps.

So if you add all the lap times together and divide it on 15 the average was 1 second lower. That means over those 15 laps I was 15 second faster.
I'm still in the testing of it myself, but I have four motuls, two with and two without so it will be tested seriously the next weeks :)

My qually time was also 4.5...

believe me the NSX is hard to handle 💡

Don't leave if it turns out bad.

My qualy time was a 4.7. Just shockingly bad.

The NSX isn't hard to handle, you just have to know how to drive it correctly ;)
I miss my NSX from season 1, I'm gunna go back to driving the Raybrig for Daytona next race(?) and I guess I'll compare the Lexus and the NSX over a couple of tracks since I've got at least one week free over the next two weeks.

I don't think you were slow...i think we have alot more better drivers in this league compared to season 1.

If GP was holding back the entire time during season 1, then sure.

can we drive next saturday??

I actually don't mind. I'll try to make it if I can.

i actually think you were pretty ok driving the lexus.. ill send you my setup when i'm online & ur too.. so you can try it out man no problem:tup:)

Really? I didn't make any mistakes but holy crap was I slow. Guess I'll try your setup, but I've never been quick around Rome, so I'd rather not practice there again. But it's worth checking out any differences.

---

Also looks like I'm gunna have to buy & break in a new NSX and Lexus if this rigidity thing is true.

Last edited:
The NSX isn't hard to handle, you just have to know how to drive it correctly ;)

Or even better, tune it correctly.

I say there are now much more better drivers. i did not say there weren't good driver. GP dominated sure thing.
but i find Immortal, ProPersian, Cfalcon, Erik(now) better then Phil, Erik, Joey from season 1.

atleast IMO, based on results.

I say there are now much more better drivers. i did not say there weren't good driver. GP dominated sure thing.
but i find Immortal, ProPersian, Cfalcon, Erik(now) better then Phil, Erik, Joey from season 1.

atleast IMO, based on results.

I meant that in season 1 I was on GP's pace a number of times, yet in season 2 I didn't do that once. Admittedly I had no motivation for season 2 at all, and no time. But nevertheless.

The competition is certainly better, but not enough to constitute my lack of pace. I blame the GT-R to be quite honest, without it sounding too much like an excuse, the only race I felt I did good in the GT-R last season was Suzuka. I just couldn't get it right.

If I'm still slow with an NSX then I'll just take the pudding and be done with it.

The next pre-season race is Daytona right? Just want to make sure.

Oh, forgot to mention that I had no lag today too, none at all :3

Also looks like I'm gunna have to buy & break in a new NSX and Lexus if this rigidity thing is true.

Well to be very honest I have no idea how it acts on the NSX or the Lexus. It could also be dependent on the driver for all I know. I do have a bit different driving style than the rest of you. But it would be very cool if some one actually tested it instead of waiting for me to test it. Because I will only test if it works for me in my Motul ;)

Some interesting comments .

Erik when you say open up your lsd , what do you exactly mean ?

I have been using these lsd settings in my gtrs

Torque 5-7
Accel 21 - 24
Decel 12 - 14

Its usually somewhere between those figures depending on my mood and track

When it comes to suspension , like you Erik it is close to stock .

I leave all dampers stock , I only change the ride height and spring rate.

Ride Height is usually - 11 in the front and - 14 in the rear .

Springs are usually 15.5 in the front and 16.5 in the rear .

Any help would be appreciated guys .

My qualy time was a 4.7. Just shockingly bad.

I miss my NSX from season 1, I'm gunna go back to driving the Raybrig for Daytona next race(?) and I guess I'll compare the Lexus and the NSX over a couple of tracks since I've got at least one week free over the next two weeks.

I actually don't mind. I'll try to make it if I can.

Really? I didn't make any mistakes but holy crap was I slow. Guess I'll try your setup, but I've never been quick around Rome, so I'd rather not practice there again. But it's worth checking out any differences.

---

i just think you were too cautious on the car.. i was also in the beginning untill i started to trust the car..

just when the race started i was thinking of how manny laps we can use the softs.. but my bro oculdnt find it on the thread.. so i went in the pit way to early :(..

anyway.. great race i will stick to the petronas for sure.. really want to see where i end up with in this car

btw isnt the next race fuji?? i thought i saw fuji in the list as 1st race... daytona is another week i guess..

As you guys know I had connection problems, but I look forward to racing with you guys next week. I'll join the room earlier. I've never had this issue twice in a row fortunately.👍

As you guys know I had connection problems, but I look forward to racing with you guys next week. I'll join the room earlier. I've never had this issue twice in a row fortunately.👍

i was thinking already.. how come he couldnt ocnnect.. kinda weird but hopefully next time better!

i just think you were too cautious on the car.. i was also in the beginning untill i started to trust the car..

btw isnt the next race fuji?? i thought i saw fuji in the list as 1st race... daytona is another week i guess..

Too cautious? I gave it everything. I was practising for like seven hours straight yesterday, but I don't know. I guess I'll hop on by myself today so I can break in a new NSX & Lexus and test out this rigidity thing. And also to see if I can get the Lexus to go quick enough around some of my better tracks.

I've got no idea what the next pre-season race is. I thought I saw Erik talking about Daytona somewhere, I don't really mind where it is though.

Too cautious? I gave it everything. I was practising for like seven hours straight yesterday, but I don't know. I guess I'll hop on by myself today so I can break in a new NSX & Lexus and test out this rigidity thing. And also to see if I can get the Lexus to go quick enough around some of my better tracks.

I've got no idea what the next pre-season race is. I thought I saw Erik talking about Daytona somewhere, I don't really mind where it is though.

I actually think the car wasn't to blame Arkano, not your track I guess. Like me and fuji, no matter how much I practice and how perfect my car is I never get to be close to anyone. I really like the track as it is one of the SuperGT tracks in real life. Also have a few challenges no other tracks have. But I just suck on it.
The key to Rome is how you take corner 1, it can be taken 3 or 4 different ways and I never got what was the fastest way through that corner :P Also the fast right corner in the end of the back straight is tricky to be fast. I saw a lot of guys bounce off the wall there. Not the fastest way to take it. I think it have 2-3 different lines you can take but only 1 way of taking it fast. Last corner also could be tricky, you really need to get the best possible entry to that corner. Rest of the track is generally easy and no way anyone can gain something on the rest. So those 3 corners are key to success :)

And Daytona would have to be tested, only track left on the calender we haven't raced before so I probably said something like that :)

Note: I really hope we can race on another day than Saturday as it is the only day next week I will not be home. Thursday, Friday or Sunday would be perfect for me.

I haven't really decided on how many laps we should have on Daytona Arkano, could you test it and calculate how many laps we should do?

A bit busy today, so I cant really sit down and test it properly.

Will do.

EDIT: Already gone 3 tenths quicker with my NSX around Rome than with the Lexus and I don't even have a proper set-up.

*sigh*

Guess I'll go practice on Daytona now.

Last edited:
What amazed me about rome is how the medium and soft tire were so close .

Immortal was running soft tire times on his medium tires :)

Holy crap Daytona is terrible. Honestly, I've never been so bored. I did like 10 laps and gave up, went to Cape Ring Periphery, which btw is SO much more fun. Laps are around 1:30.xxx, and the jump is negligible.

I'm seriously voting to replace Daytona with Cape Ring Periphery (Cape Ring normal isn't as much fun imo).

Back