ICGTC Season 3 FINISHED

• Thread starter ErikAndre71
  • 2,452 comments
Holy crap Daytona is terrible. Honestly, I've never been so bored. I did like 10 laps and gave up, went to Cape Ring Periphery, which btw is SO much more fun. Laps are around 1:30.xxx, and the jump is negligible.

I'm seriously voting to replace Daytona with Cape Ring Periphery (Cape Ring normal isn't as much fun imo).

Daytona is a great, long time i raced on it...since GT5 prologue... Cape ring is nice also but the Jump is stupid.

Also changed my PS3. GT5 is is installing the whole day :scared: I hope i still have the DLC things i bought :dunce:

So we race on sunday now?

I think we want to switch next weeks race to Sunday so Erik can host and participate because he is busy on the Saturday.

I guess we can just have a vote and decide , personally I dont mind either day and could in fact race on both days.

Can we do Friday this week, Sunday next. I don't think I can do Christmas day and New years eve, but 23rd and 1st are better

I'm not racing on Christmas day, sorry, but I'm just not :lol:

I'd like to change my car to the Arta NSX too please.

I agree so Friday 9pm GMT it is?

Daytona is a great, long time i raced on it...since GT5 prologue... Cape ring is nice also but the Jump is stupid.

The jump is stupid off line or in race for fun, not so much under race for real.. the cars doesn't shoot off like a rocket ship ;)

Last edited:
I really don't care. The vote was for Daytona, but if we are going with cape ring instead I wouldn't mind much.

(fixed your car choice btw)

Not sure if I can do Thursday, but I can let you know soon.

Me & Persian are doing some Cape Ring practise now if anyone else is interested.

TEAMRAD_PITT:
You signed up to this championship before our race on Monaco 1st October, you showed yourself 3 times. That's once a month on average. We really want more dedication that that. Also if you sign up to our races through our new system. You should know if you can show up or not. Or at least do like someone actually did this time. Signing OFF.

I have no idea what happened this time, but is it fair to say that it most likely will happen again?
Maybe we should add a "reserve team" and add you there if you like to stay around you seem like a nice guy. Just very occupied with other things.

Stretchy-

After car choosing opened up I even reminded you of that on PSN, where you replied. I have yet to see your car choice. Are you slow because you dropped out or do you just want to be able to pick the rest overs?

Not my meaning of being a ass here, I just want to know if I should re open sign ups or not!

Last edited:
yesi also agree on the guys who arent active should be on a reserve team list. its not fair for some people who want to join the league and see they cannot compete because of it being full while 1,2 persons are inactive.. i like them both but hopefully this wil be solved..

I agree with Erik too.

Voting for the next pre-season race:

Daytona
Grand Valley
Cape Ring

Ima vote Grand Valley since we can't decide :P

Voting for the next pre-season race:

Daytona
Grand Valley
Cape Ring

I vote Cape ring

If we do Cape Ring I would like to do the Cape Ring, entire track. Lots more challenging than one of the shorter versions :)

If so I vote Cape Ring

I vote cape ring, and also to replace Daytona. It's such a boring track....
Not sure what I would like to replace it with though.

Ok, just finished two 11 lap races at Fuji F with the Arta NSX fully broken in without chassis rigidity, and a Raybrig NSX fully broken in with chassis rigidity.

The Arta seemed to be more consistent for longer, staying without 2 tenths either quicker or slower than my previous time until around lap 8 when the tyres began to fall away (the rears in particular are a problem).

The Raybrig was around 4-5 tenths of a second quicker straight off the bat. My quickest Arta time was 1:36.3xx and my quickest Raybrig time was 1:35.899. I was losing around 2 tenths per lap with the Raybrig until around lap 8 again when all of a sudden I was doing 37's and 38's instead of 36's.

The tyre wear seemed better on the Arta too. The tyres seemed to last longer and more equally initially on the Raybrig, but when the rears started to fall away from lap 6 onwards, they might as well have fallen off a cliff. Whereas it feels far more consistent with the Arta. The Raybrig also feels more stable in the rear than the Arta did, which is something that I will put down to chassis rigidity.

I'm not sure how much different the Raybrig is to the Arta, but I don't think it's enough to constitute such a difference. A couple of tenths could be put down to me getting better at the track in general too.

Both NSX's were using exactly the same setup and going by the technical rules specified in the OP. I'll buy another Arta NSX and break that in some time this week so that I can do a true side-by-side test with the Arta with and without chassis rigidity.

Interesting read there Arkano.

With stock setup I noticed on the GT-R instantly under steering came with the chassis rigidity modification. And most GT-R's are wearing tyres that prove they under steer. The NSX on the other hand is another car and might not have the same effect.
Very interesting topic at least :)

I'll give it some more testing in the week. First I'd like to know what track we're going to be doing next, otherwise I'm just going to keep driving around the Nurburgring endlessly in my NSX :sly:

Last edited:
Well Daytona won the vote we did, but then we didn't have Cape Ring as a track to vote on. Looks like most guys want Cape Ring now. We could just take a decision on that. Something I could do tomorrow. let the Daytona voters get a chance to refuse :)

Also I would like to keep using Light Damage, but with a more restrict penalty system to avoid people push each other around. I think Rome was really clean (where I was) We did lack a few racers though and I didn't check the replay.

Had some insane side by side action with IMMORTALPILOT and he shouldn't be afraid of heavy damage. Man that "alien" can drive :)

But in respect for our DS3 users it is no doubt in my mind it is much harder to drive with a damage with a stick than with a wheel. Making hard damage much easier for a wheel user than a stick user. No need to handicap the DS3 user in my opinion.

You have no idea how much I have missed driving the NSX. I don't even care if I'm slow any more, this car is just so much fun. Either GT5 has changed or the GT-R has changed my driving style so much that for the first time I can remember I'm having trouble with the rears wearing more than the fronts <3

I'm also quite happy to keep light damage if we're going to be far more strict in terms of penalties. Especially now that we have a third steward and that we can rewind/fast forward replays 👍

Looks like I'll start practising Cape Ring full tomorrow, since that seems to be the general consensus. Although I'd rather have Grand Valley/Trial Mountain :P

iam for grand valley or cape ring.
i never hav drive in Daytona.
Cape Ring is really heavy tyre wer track.
i have had today formula gt race there heavy tyre wear.

I don't care on whit track we drive, but i prefer a track were we did't race yet.

Daytona, Madrid, Cape Ring, Trial Mountain, ...

But i think i won't do alot of practise like i did for Rome.

Well trial mountain was on the vote, so it's not a option in my opinion.

The thing we vote for is change Daytona Road into Cape Ring.

Yes or no.. Cant re-vote on tracks that already been voted out.

I wish otherwise though. I love Trial Mountain and I also voted for it, but no need to make this into a chaos to keep track of.

Back