ICGTC Season 4 - Ended

yea i think this is unproffesionall also.. kinda childish if you ask me.. the funny part is that we are i think the only season that could handle 15/16 players.. and we almost had 12 + drivers all the time.. while many leagues only have 9 to 11 the most since gt5 connection isn' t that good.. but we managed to make it work.. and its such a shame to end such a good championship.. i do understand the frustration of erik that he' s only one who's trying to keep it alive.. but i think some stewards who joined along the way.. are also putting time on sundays to check replays.. so this championship isn't only because of 1 person that its ( imo ) the best series here in gtp.. its the work of every single driver that has been in it till now..

Well everyone who decided to quit should come back and let's just finish the season , its all in good fun on saturday nights
That's the thing, it's not good fun for me any more. And doing it because you have fun would be like take it up the butt. Feel wrong to me to entertain you because you like and I only ruin my weekend.

Yes the game is old but we had a nice league with good competition and to end it before the 5th race is just a shame , unprofessional . The game was old 1 month ago before we started .

Your right, the game was old 1 month ago also, but I started this season with adding up a lot of new members and now it looks like I will have to do the same if I continued. And I'm no professional, I do believe they get payed!!

I used a week to decide this and my final decision is that my Playstation moved into the bedroom and will become a Blu Ray player there!

and why did it start with me...?

I had thought about it after Suzuka and Nurburgring, it wasn't childish, I don't want to ruin anyone's championship because I lost my commitment, so thats why I decided to stop.

well this looks like its going to die now tbh.

What would people say to maybe one last send off for the league if its really over now.

Send it out in style.

One race in the next few weeks when everyone can make it and maybe get a couple of the old time players back for one race if there is room and we can contact people (kyaw/joey/GP/gtracer etc).

Would be a shame for this to end with a whimper tbh better to go out with a bang.

Maybe at motegui (cant spell it...)

Well Falcon, I don't believe it started with you. I had a visitor today holding me up from posting exactly the same just a lot earlier.

I'm not going to take credit for me being the glue that held this championship together, but all the desperate call outs came after my post, not yours ;)

And ProPersian, yes of course all that made any effort like stewarding and even show up every weekend have made this a very good championship. But there is a lot more work than check the replay and talk about it. After that I first have to make the steward report.. 5-20 minutes depend on what happened during the race. Then I have to make a new leaderboard for both drivers and teams, upload them and re write parts of the OP.
all in all 30-40 minutes after the stewards logged off teamspeak.

Then if there was a lot to report this season have proved to be a drama fest where people leaving, a steward goes out into the forum and state his opinion and all other stewards leave me to answer for it. So it looked like me and one other steward didn't agree and I had over ruled him.
Last Sunday I left this forum when I went to bed because of it, and when the fun in driving is gone.. Tell me one more time I'm childish please and I wont even pay you the respect of answering you.

Well it was fun while it lasted , you guys know where to find me , I will be looking for a new league to join . I will take a look at that link Immortal posted .

Erik everyone appreciates what you have done for this league but the truth is you whine a lot and when you have to remind everyone that you do this and that for the league , that is where the childish behavior comments come from. Bashing other people in the thread because they speak their mind and opinion on incidents is a bit childish , sometimes people have different views on subjects , such is life ..

I don't blame Falcon the series would have continued without him but when the capable host decides to call it quits on the day of the race it kills everyones gaming/racing spirit and it caused a chain reaction of quitting.

But since none of us are getting payed for this its probably better we go and pay to play something else like I Racing.

There is one word I can use to describe what went on here yesterday and that's selfish .

See some of you in the future .

Sad to see all this happening, maybe we can just calm down and see who is in the mood to continue this, REGARDLESS everyone else's decision.
Just create a list.

anastasis14

I am not in the mood right now... But i like Netherdragon's idea to have a last show off on Montegi. Sometime when everyone can make it.

Wow. I go away for 36 hours, come back and the league is no more?! That's a bit surprising. I would like us to finish this season, I feel that would give some of us a second wind and relight the fire in our bellies :)
But if not we need one last hurrah as a goodbye, winner takes all :lol:

Netherdragon
Also does this mean im the only one from the original championship left now ??? :embarrassed:

Nope. Arkano hasn't officially left either!

Last edited:
imo arkano is the one deciding if the championship is over or not.. ( as he is founder of this championship ) and i think arkano should at least post something about this mess at the moment..

Ok then next Saturday can we have as many as possible on teamspeak. Sooner if possible but race day should get the most availabilities.

I haven't posted anything yet because I wanted things to settle down before I joined in.

The only one deciding whether or not this championship will continue is you guys. I'm not able to host the races like I did back in season one because my connection just can't handle the strain with the amount of drivers we have this season. Personally, I've felt quite bored with GT5 since the end of season 2. Season 3 was really fun, but this season I've found myself being drawn away from our championship because of other commitments.

Erik and Falcon dropping out is huge, and I doubt the newcomers will want to continue in a dying league and I doubt anyone will want to join a dying league either. It's sad to see the league end so abruptly now of all times, but I'm so proud that this little thing I started up lasted almost four whole seasons with the competition getting better and better each season.

Huge shoutouts to Netherdragon and Adam for coming all this way from back in the All-Stars Championship back on PSU, massive dedication. Also to Maxi for starting pretty much every race right from the pre-season of season 1, also to Erik for taking over as host when I had my slight hiatus. Also to Skendigi, Persian, Falcon, Immortal, Hurley and anyone else I've forgotten for making this a great league to be a part of.

To be honest, it's only Falcon and Erik that have left as far as I can tell? The league can still continue if we have a suitable host. Like I said, I can't host anymore and neither do I have the time to update the OP on Sunday's anymore. If the league can continue I'll still take part whenever possible, otherwise I'll drop out if everyone else decides it's curtain time. But I certainly support the idea of a big send-off race, preferably not at Motegi though since I'd rather not buy it just for a single race ;)

But I certainly support the idea of a big send-off race, preferably not at Motegi though since I'd rather not buy it just for a single race ;)

Hey give me a reason for spending money on it. ;)

And yes i actual raced in all races 39 races we did + 14 pre season races
out of 15. Erik/Arkano follow close

GP_Cian & Immortal are our champions.

If the league keeps going, i still will show up and make the result pages. If not so be it.

I hope we meet again in other league's & games in the near future.

We have to do something though. When new people have joined recently they always make comments telling us we run one of the best leagues out there. That didn't just happen, we earned it!
If nobody can update the op we could get a new account just for the league so more than one of us can have access to it.
I may be the strongest one on the matter but thats because I haven't raced for a while and I don't want to have had my last ever race; especially since I found out I won't be working Saturdays.

That's a pretty cool idea Adam, it can work well I think. So this Saturday we are racing?
Netherdragon said he can host so we have no problem running this. So let's make a sign-up list for Saturday like Erik did the previous ones?

I'm really sad to see this fell apart, this looked like a great event, well organized and with commited drivers for almost 4 seasons.
As I said before, I left this event becouse I cant race on weekends. I myself organized GT500 championship for 3 seasons in our gtforum. We had a break for about 6 months and now I'm trying to get the guys together again for another season or two of competetive racing. But, I got only about 7-8 drivers which is not enough for a proper season.
Now, I'm not trying to spam our forum here on GTP but my it looks like some of the guys here still want to race. So if someone around here is interested to join us you are very welcome.
Race day is on Tuesdays at 21:00 CEST. We race with excatly the same car spec as here and most of the regulations are similar, only qualifiying is a bit diffrent.

If anyone is interested, sign up at our forum. Link to thread.

We are still in pre season stage as I'm searching for commited drivers to join, when we get at least 14 drivers we'll start the season.

I hope I'm not out of line for posting this here. Its just that I notice some people still want to race so I propose my event which is almost the same as what you guys have created here.

P.S. We have a race tonight in Motegi. 27 laps

Well, seeing as no one has decided to reply to this as of yet, it looks as if it's over. As the creator of this league I see it's only fit I be the one to see it off.

I'm still up for a send off, I'll keep checking this thread every day just in-case someone decides to post something.

I want to compete, what I have to do...?

The sign-in fee is 50 Euros, you can send them to my Paypal :sly:

I guess this league is about to close, but I'll make a try.

Signup for round 5 | Laguna Seca Circuit | 46 laps | July 14th|

1. anastasis14

I guess it cant hurt to try

1. anastasis14
2.zzxxz
3. Skengdigi

Ive been trying to find another league on the weekends but its really hard to find a good league , its a shame how ours ended it was really top quality .

I guess it cant hurt to try

1. anastasis14
2. zzxxz
3. Skengdigi
4. Maxitsu

I expected this, but it still came a bit suddenly. Erik's timing to sign-off just before a race wasn't good for the league. Any how, i still want to race if i can.

If we finally continue this, we have to make a new thread by a new account, or if someone has the ability to update the OP, He should make it by his account. All is left , is to get a couple more sign-ups and take Erik's permission to use all the words in the OP that he worked hard for.

Well let's see how many guys are interested , if we have enough I will try my best to replace Erik and take it over .

Well let's see how many guys are interested , if we have enough I will try my best to replace Erik and take it over .

Back