If GT5 does incorporate a livery editor...

• Thread starter EJRocky
  • 1,552 comments
Do you have proof they are working on making a livery editor?

Other than the fact that GTP and most of the GT community are asking for it, PD we all know visits this site. So I would say that they are looking into making that a possibility, we can already paint cars. Not a big deal considering everything has parameters than can be altered. Now just needs a layering texture map for the standards and the premiums would be a slightly different approach. Still GT5 is missing a much wanted feature, ability to individualize yourself from everyone else by how your auto looks.

Solid proof not one shred of it, but am I hopeful that they will add it yes. From the size of this thread I'm pretty sure they caught wind of this.

Porsche%20911%20SC%20RS%20-%20M1.jpg

I like how think...

after i saw a few picture of forza user made liverys i now realllllllly want this feature on gt5... its really cool..
is there a site that you can tell me that forza players have posted picture of they'r cars?!

The forza 3 forums has a livery section.

I know that PD are working on a livery editor that will work on standard and premium cars, why else would they keep upgrading the visual fidelity of the standards. Check out those rims, they are fully 3d and you can even see the disc and shoes on a standard car too. It's incoming at least paint those standard rims, lol.
While I certainly hope you're right, I wouldn't get too excited yet. Many more people simply want the Standards improved, period! :D

But they know that a substantial number of us have gone crazy over pics of user made liveries, especially in the Forza series, and Forza 3 upped the ante by allowing us to paint over race cars. I agree that a Livery Editor of some kind is coming for Gran Turismo, but "coming" could mean GT6...

Oh well, *crosses fingers for GT5*

And yes, if you want to check these out, the official Forza Motorsports forums have an entire board dedicated to realistic racing liveries, and WOW! are there some beauties in there...

Just to remind people of what's possible with a few shapes and decals...

350Z48a.jpg

Last edited:
Putting livery editor/custom vinyls is a great way to prolong a games life.
On NFS shift forums u can guarantee that most people spend more time customizing their cars than they have done racing.
There was a rumour that Shift2 wont have custom livery/vinyls too which will be a big disappointment, NFS games have always been known for car customization and moving away from that will put a serious dent in the games life.
Even now i'll still go back to Shift with a design idea al start work on and maybe alter existing ones i've done (sham ethe editor is so awful tho)
If they intriduced a vinyl editor to GT5 i think more peopel will keep coming back tyo it cos atm all i do is just come on to send cars to mates and get new paints. i've done almost all the events with only 2-3 endurance events left (24hrs) and theres nothing more to do in game. if i could start customizing my cars i'm more likely to start racing online more too, simply to show designs off

after searching the forza official website & seeing how those guys can do all that..
im a bit dissapointed now.. i know i cant be that good but i could atleast do something to my car so all the cars woudlnt look the same in races..
its a shame that we cant do this in gt5
what the fudge pd was thinkin

if they did they wouldnt need so many race car standards. people could just create there own or browse a collection of community made ones like forza has. one of the things i like about forza. maybe the should add an auction house so people can buy painted or stock cars from other users.

*crosses fingers for GT5*

Just to remind people of what's possible with a few shapes and decals...

*piccie snip to prevent excessive drooling*
Woops... still drooling. :lol: Oh, and I neglected to mention that our very own alba is responsible for the GT Planet decals, and GT5 logo.

My 350Z racer above is what keeps making me think of getting Forza 4, as well as getting sore fingers crossing them in hopes of a Livery Editor for GT5. And if not GT5, then 6.

Being able to make a race car out of almost any vehicle is the seriously cool aspect of Forza. Heck, just getting two or three Race Mod liveries in GT2 kept many of us collecting cars until we bumped up against the 100 car limit, and then we'd start a new save to keep going. In Forza, you can make your own liveries from scratch. You can buy decals, flags, any number of elements from the Storefront to use in creating a livery with much less work. Or you can buy entire liveries, or liveried cars.

Those who race in online clubs and leagues in Forza have the luxury of creating their own racing identities, which was something once only PC racers could do with an art program like Photoshop. And this is what Gran Turismo needs badly, what GT5 needs badly, as the first online Gran Turismo. As it is now, you can basically pick an existing race car, or mod up a street car, and then you have to sort out who gets to paint theirs Tornadorot, or Lime Green, or Plum Crazy. You don't even get a number plate! And there are SO many cars I'm aching to be able to Race Mod and slap a livery on, both Premiums and Standards.

Here's another beauty I'm particularly proud of from Forza 3:
sagaris21a.jpg

Here's hoping that a small team at PD are working on this, because a Livery Editor and providing Race Mod for more cars will give GT5 a huge boost of interest to a lot of racer fans around the globe. And give the online racing community a big shot of adrenaline.

I would spend a lot of time in livery editor if it was in gt5.
Mainly, i would do something like this:

*piccie snips to prevent pic vanishing*

:drool::drool::drool:
If you could do that, you'd be the hero of GT Planet. But do you have any idea how much freaking work one of those drift liveries are?? They're insane! But when you're done, you definitely have something unique that drift fans will pay just about anything to get.

Beyond Kaz saying that it's something that's on their to-do list, we just have to wait and see. How high is anyone's guess, and if this mythical livery editor will be as feature-rich as Forza's is also another guess (personally I doubt it). It almost certainly will not come for GT5, though.

It's definitely needed in future titles, however. It's just a waiting game as to when.

Beyond Kaz saying that it's something that's on their to-do list, we just have to wait and see. How high is anyone's guess, and if this mythical livery editor will be as feature-rich as Forza's is also another guess (personally I doubt it). It almost certainly will not come for GT5, though.

It's definitely needed in future titles, however. It's just a waiting game as to when.

did he mention that ? where can i read the interview

If GT5 had a livery editor, it would turn into NFS Underground. And we(I?) wouldn't like to see that happen.

Plus, I hate the word "decals".

Chico acsc
If GT5 had a livery editor, it would turn into NFS Underground. And we(I?) wouldn't like to see that happen.

I agree. The racing cars already in GT5 would seem useless and not unique.

Cade
I agree. The racing cars already in GT5 would seem useless and not unique.

I guess the tuner cars in the game are useless and not unique too since we can already upgrade, adjust settings, and add body kits to stock cars.

Chico acsc

Well, PD might as well remove all customization options we currently have because you can already make some pretty distasteful cars in GT5 if you color a car's body and rims the right way. And the fact that we can add huge spoilers to just about any car in the game doesn't help either.

It seems the game was already like NFS Underground from the start...

Last edited:
same thing i did in forza and on tdu2, make replicas.. i was the first person in forza to make the RE amemiya RX7.. Love making liveries, and i love TDU2 because they have infinite layers rather then forza, But if i remember, KY said GT5 would include liveries in a announcement at E3 some years ago, so there is a chance...HOPEFULLY!

It would be nice on the RM and TC cars and would make racing series more aesthetically fun.

Agree. They could definitely use some better race car liveries. It would make one-make races more interesting.
galleri1148_large.jpg

But I guess it would also mean we'd get a lot of cars like this:
dscf0184w.jpg

Agree. They could definitely use some better race car liveries. It would make one-make races more interesting.
galleri1148_large.jpg

dscf0184w.jpg

Yeah but you and I both know that the more serious racers wont do that and even those that do have silly liveries aren't going to look that bad. The public lobbies will be full of them, but that's easy to avoid if you're doing a race series all the time or part time.

eran0004

Handy to know though. That livery generally tells me "Hey I'm going to ram you on the first corner"

I'd make a Falken liveried KPGC10 and apply the Alexander Calder 3.0 CSL livery to either the 2002 Turbo or E92 M3.

Latest Posts

Back