Is GT7 fast becoming the worst of the GT Series?

• Thread starter Tuono_GT
  • 882 comments
Not even close, GT7 is easily the Top 3 in the series.
Future updates will make it even better.

I´m expecting:

• More and better missions.
  • More coffee additions.
  • Better prizes.
  • Online Drag.
  • 3 more circuits before the end of the year.
  • 24 hs races (and time-accelerated x2, x5, x8, x10) in Nurburgring and La Sarthe.UX content.
  • Some other extravagancies from Polyphoni.
  • Of course, new cars every month.
  • VR support for some modes when PSVR2 arrives.
  • B-Spec mode addition.

I´m expecting:

• More coffee additions.
  • Better prizes.
  • Online Drag.
  • 24 hs races (and time-accelerated x2, x5, x8, x10) in Nurburgring and La Sarthe.UX content.
  • B-Spec mode addition.
Expectation and Polyphony don't sit well side by side I'm afraid. Also, I wouldn't expect B-Spec (opinion here) because it would override their microtransaction voyage.

I´m expecting:
  • VR support for some modes when PSVR2 arrives.=
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to this but without significant updates to the physics simulation and FFB... I dunno if I'm wasting my money on PSVR2. If F1 2023 or a future ACC update takes advantage of it, I'll get it and keep my fingers crossed that GT7 improves.

I´m expecting:

• More coffee additions.
  • Better prizes.
  • Online Drag.
  • B-Spec mode addition.
Did you not also expect most of that when the game launched?

Nah, it has it’s problems but there are a lot good things about it. The PS3 era of GT however made me switch to Forza Motorsport until late 2017.

Last edited:
Hyperbole the thread. maybe something you evaluate years down the road not 4 months after launch. Lol.
There's always a bit of hyperbole but there's a ton of content that GT7 lacks that should have been available at launch, especially for a $70 game. That is not debatable. In some ways, it's taken a step backwards compared to GT:Sport. Having to wait months/years for previously existing features to be reintroduced isn't a good thing.

What makes the omission of previous features features glaring, is that PD spent a lot of time creating systems to monetarily screw their consumers. Music Rally vs good ffb, their priorities are wrong.

There's always a bit of hyperbole but there's a ton of content that GT7 lacks that should have been available at launch, especially for a $70 game. That is not debatable. In some ways, it's taken a step backwards compared to GT:Sport. Having to wait months/years for previously existing features to be reintroduced isn't a good thing.

What makes the omission of previous features features glaring, is that PD spent a lot of time creating systems to monetarily screw their consumers. Music Rally vs good ffb, their priorities are wrong.
Ive played over 100 hours and I havent even finished all the menus yet… so I dont understand some of the content stuff. this is not saying nothing is wrong and should eventually be fixed updated but im cutting all devs slack when we know what the state of game dev has been for the past two years, this game isnt the only game that has launched with certain issues or things needing to be added, you can look at games like halo etc with their own issues, ACC which still has issues on console etc.

Game is not one of the worst GT games by far and quite frankly its huge hyperbole to go that route.
there is no middle ground in the commentary with the game, does it have areas to improve def? But pointing to 70 dollars is just reductionist at this point, when you would have the same complaints if it was 60.

I honestly dont see anyway someone has been screwed monetarily…

None of the issues people complaining about are core issues with the game vs things that will get updated etc.

Last edited:
Indeed. Technically, I feel that the underlying content delivery approaches in the games are in the same ball park, but I get the sense that GT7 is a half-way house that doesn't quite know where it's headed. Communication and roadmap have been poor. I actually think the initial product is still a highly polished game and I've enjoyed it a lot, but I can still see its flaws. It will only get better.
Thing is, PD have painted players into a corner. We can’t string races together for a championship. Those fall outside the World Tour regions.
If I go to the Americas, I can’t link a race in Europe and Asia. I have to jump out for each region. I mean, if I wanted to play it like a real life championship, sure, I’d have to hop on a plane to travel to each continent. However, seeing Championships CAN be strung together, it needs to be an option for custom play.

The menu book gameplay take 10-15 hours at the most. Just because you've seemingly found something else to do doesn't change that.
The menu book isn't the only part of the game. ;)

There's a lot of other things to seemingly be able to find like license tests, circuit experience, races that aren't included in menu book that were added in updates, custom races, livery editor... and who can forget Music rally

There's a lot of other things to seemingly be able to find like license tests, circuit experience, races that aren't included in menu book that were added in updates, custom races, livery editor... and who can forget Music rally
Right. Between getting golds on licenses, which is where I spent a lot of time, doing dailies, and slowing going through menus, etc content is definitely not the issue for most people. I get some one here this might be their only game etc but I just dont see it for the majority of people to get through this game quickly and have done everything without serious work esp if you care about getting higher times etc.

games not perfect but there is a lot to love for whats there and what should be coming. Esp i see lobbies getting fixed pretty soon To at least Match customs

Last edited:
Seemingly. Lol. I havent touched Missions, Track Experiences Etc Ive played online etc so you mean im actually enjoying the game? And your avg is wrong it takes 23-28 hours to do menus alone On avg.
Someone has done them in under 9 hours. Even if it is 23 hours average, that is still considerably less time for the main "campaign" than all but GT1.

Of course, but he specifically mentioned the menu books and as above, they're meant to be the main campaign mode. It's just a matter of fact it was shorter/less races than all but GT1.

You can easily get all the content done in about 70-80 hours. GT4 was three times that.

Someone has done them in under 9 hours. Even if it is 23 hours average, that is still considerably less time for the main "campaign" than all but GT1.

Of course, but he specifically mentioned the menu books and as above, they're meant to be the main campaign mode. It's just a matter of fact it was shorter/less races than all but GT1.

You can easily get all the content done in about 70-80 hours. GT4 was three times that.
Someone can literally speed run games it doesnt mean that its the same for average players what does that even mean. There is still a lot to do for most people.

Yes, he mentioned Menu Books but he didn't specify that was all he'd done. ;)

Right. Between getting golds on licenses, which is where I spent a lot of time, doing dailies, and slowing going through menus, etc content is definitely not the issue for most people. I get some one here this might be their only game etc but I just dont see it for the majority of people to get through this game quickly and have done everything without serious work esp if you care about getting higher times etc.
You might be right but it's pretty obvious people are posting their opinions based on their own experience, not what casuals think of it.

Plenty of people here breezed though the content because three wasn't much of it. What casual players do isn't really relevant to their own opinion, is it?

You might be right but it's pretty obvious people are posting their opinions based on their own experience, not what casuals think of it.

Plenty of people here breezed though the content because three wasn't much of it. What casual players do isn't really relevant to their own opinion, is it?
It is when the thread is titled “ Is this the worst ever” when there Is no context of the WHO its worse for. Esp as peoples perspectives are wildly different and game design etc changes over time even if this GT has core things that makes it a GT entry. Just like you are posting your opinion so am I. Clearly for many its what they wanted, close to it, and for some it will never be good enough to them.

Yes, he mentioned Menu Books but he didn't specify that was all he'd done. ;)
Exactly lol.

Last edited:
It is when the thread is titled “ Is this the worst ever” when there Is no context of the WHO its worse for. Esp as peoples perspectives are wildly different and game design etc changes over time even if this GT has core things that makes it a GT entry. Just like you are posting your opinion so am I. Clearly for many its what they wanted, close to it, and for some it will never be good enough to them.

Exactly lol.
Well it's plainly obvious it's an opinion of each person answering the question. Nobody is going to answer the question based on other people's experiences.

GT7 is clearly lacking when it comes to its main career mode in comparison with previous GT games. GT4 had the most complete GT Mode and then I think GT3 was second (GT4 was definitely number 1 by a long shot, GT3 being second is from memory I did a comparison a while back).

GT7 pales in comparison to GT4 and GT3 in both career mode races and structure. The simple fact that there were no races for a large number of the cars (and still aren't for many of them after several updates) is a major concern that rather than releasing a complete game at launch and adding to it, PD purposefully have held events back from launch to release them later.

Is there a lot to do in GT7? Sure if you count Circuit Experience, Missions, Licenses and all that fluff, but the core of the game is the Cafe and the Menu books. That was confirmed by the developer, so it's irrefutable. And it is the shortest main career mode in any main GT game barring GT1. It's considerably shorter than GT Sport ended with, they couldn't even be bothered to copy any paste events from that game, despire GT7 having more cars.

It's just a shame that they've wasted so much good will regardless of if the game ends up feeling complete is a year or two.

I've said it before in this thread, GT7 is by no means the worst GT game ever, but it could well be the most dissapointing one.

EDIT: Found the numbers and these are for events not individual races.

GT1 had 23 events
GT2 had 101 events
GT3 had 71 events
GT4 had 143 events (not counting driving missions)
GT5 had 54 events (not counting B-Spec or the special events i.e. karting and NASCAR school etc. or seasonals)
GT6 had 65 events (not counting seasonals or speical events like the Moon Rover over Goodwood Festival of Speed races etc.)
GT7 had 38 events at laucnh (not counting missions)

That's a poor show from GT7.

Last edited:
"How dare you judge a game only 4 months after it was released smh"
Lord knows the FIA sure did 😜

Thats not why FIA changed hands though. But go on.
Had they been able to maintain a quality e-sports experience things may have turned out differently, instead we got what we got and I have no doubt it played a factor in what transpired (if you have info that says otherwise please share, I have yet to see any articles on the behind the scene)

Had they been able to maintain a quality e-sports experience things may have turned out differently, instead we got what we got and I have no doubt it played a factor in what transpired (if you have info that says otherwise please share, I have yet to see any articles on the behind the scene)
Well you are making the assumptions here like its a dig at the game. And if you even if you look at this in an objective manner clearly the reason isnt about being about e-sports alone. Look at all the cup Stuff from last year. They are still doing the same exact events. Having the same exact world championship. Clearly they(FIA) are aligning with a game that has a deeper sim focus on solely two classes of car which is not what GT wants to be Which Is what Sport 1.0 was. Also ACC from a console perspective still has Its own share of issues with online as well Vs the PC version which is the superior version.

If you look at FIAs E-sports partnership for F1 its similar. From my own point of view they just wanted to have E-sports that are more like real life classes of cars and ACC fits that bill way better in that sense. If it really was a whole issue with GT they wouldnt have been with them for five years. A lot of these things are not due to some lack of thing GT didnt have and more its a change in what both parties were looking to do.

Last edited:
GT7 is clearly lacking when it comes to its main career mode in comparison with previous GT games. GT4 had the most complete GT Mode and then I think GT3 was second (GT4 was definitely number 1 by a long shot, GT3 being second is from memory I did a comparison a while back).

GT7 pales in comparison to GT4 and GT3 in both career mode races and structure. The simple fact that there were no races for a large number of the cars (and still aren't for many of them after several updates) is a major concern that rather than releasing a complete game at launch and adding to it, PD purposefully have held events back from launch to release them later.

Is there a lot to do in GT7? Sure if you count Circuit Experience, Missions, Licenses and all that fluff, but the core of the game is the Cafe and the Menu books. That was confirmed by the developer, so it's irrefutable. And it is the shortest main career mode in any main GT game barring GT1. It's considerably shorter than GT Sport ended with, they couldn't even be bothered to copy any paste events from that game, despire GT7 having more cars.

It's just a shame that they've wasted so much good will regardless of if the game ends up feeling complete is a year or two.

I've said it before in this thread, GT7 is by no means the worst GT game ever, but it could well be the most dissapointing one.

EDIT: Found the numbers and these are for events not individual races.

GT1 had 23 events
GT2 had 101 events
GT3 had 71 events
GT4 had 143 events (not counting driving missions)
GT5 had 54 events (not counting B-Spec or the special events i.e. karting and NASCAR school etc. or seasonals)
GT6 had 65 events (not counting seasonals or speical events like the Moon Rover over Goodwood Festival of Speed races etc.)
GT7 had 38 events at laucnh (not counting missions)

That's a poor show from GT7.
Maybe Poly is happy with the state of the career mode? At this point, I think Poly and us don't have the same vision for GT. I guess they'll release the new update with the 3 new cars and 3 new random race events. And we're supposed to say thank you Poly? :lol:

Well you are making the assumptions here

If it really was a whole issue with GT they wouldnt have been with them for five years.
And you are not?
This is not GTS, things have only moved backwards not forwards in regards to e-sports aspects

And you are not?
This is not GTS, things have only moved backwards not forwards in regards to e-sports aspects
How exactly did they move backwards? other than some glitches that have been happening, and the lobby stuff that clearly is missing stuff.
they are doing exactly the same stuff, and enhanced it also with the different season tiers etc.

Back