Is GT7 fast becoming the worst of the GT Series?

• Thread starter Tuono_GT
  • 882 comments
In 6-12 months I expect 60ish menu books and a lot of additional championships/races.
Why wait for championships/races to appear in a GT numbered game, championships/races should be already in the game at the start and not DRIP FED over time. This is another reason why GT7 is so so poorly designed for a numbered game, and now we have to wait for things to be added like races, it shouldn't be that way for a numbered game.
What we want is new cars to come into the game and not cars slowly Drip Fed from previous numbered games, as I said them cars from previous numbered games should have already been in at the start.

Magog the menu book in a racing game is another true example how stupid PD really is, is for designing something that should not be in a racing game. A racing game should about racing and not about collecting certain cars & forcing you to buy them, really PD couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag sometimes.

Magog if GT7 was a true numbered game the Career Mode should have been completed, we should have had online events like from GT5 & GT6 every 2 weeks with new events. But those clowns at PD are bloody hopeless on how they have made this latest game not like a true numbered game were.

CBH
Why wait for championships/races to appear in a GT numbered game, championships/races should be already in the game at the start and not DRIP FED over time.
Right I get what you're saying but the fact of the matter is those menu books aren't in the game and so we have no choice but to wait for them?

Complaining that we didn't have them at launch isn't going to rewrite history and add them into the game at launch, but we can speak up hope they get added in the future, which is what Magog is doing there.

How does any developer come away after testing custom races for months not think about, it would be a great idea to add a save feature to the settings,
so I don't have to constantly go back and re-select all the custom settings and go back and pick all the garage cars again and again.
Makes you wonder if they actually tested things like custom races and lobbies. Maybe tested it to see if it didn't crash and left it at that. There are so many things that should never have made it through QA that I think there wasn't much QA at all. More like, it worked in GT Sport, we copied it over, should still work, next.

As far as the single player the physics, controller accuracy and feedback, sound, menu speed, track quality, car quality and overall level of polish is the best in any GT ever for me.
Just missing that crucial ingredient - gameplay. Without that, the best controller accuracy, feedback, sound, menu speed, track quality, car quality and polish really don't mean that much unless you're a pure sandbox player.

Right I get what you're saying but the fact of the matter is those menu books aren't in the game and so we have no choice but to wait for them?

Complaining that we didn't have them at launch isn't going to rewrite history and add them into the game at launch, but we can speak up hope they get added in the future, which is what Magog is doing there.
They need to be added now.
Magog seems happy with getting drip fed the books over time. What should have happened (if you see the books as more than a tutorial anyway) is that more books should have been there on release. What most people actually want is the career mode to be more like previous GT's and not so linear as this is now.

For a racing game like GT7 to not have a bunch of series that utilize the varied car types just belittles its existence.
There should be championships.. proper ones.. with 3-10 races in them... with grid starts and optional qualifying... for different classes

IE: Formula series, GR3,GR4, GR1, various manufacture cups, one make car championships, Vision GT, historic etc etc etc but there is pretty much none of this and it genuinely makes a joke out of GT7

My wife died in January after 15 years of being best friends. Coming back to GT has been a nice bit of stability and a comforting routine for me.
So sorry to hear of your loss brother.

Previous GT titles have helped me too - through the loss of best buddies, my housemate, girlfriend in the Black Saturday bushfires and other dark times.

There's a level of comfort / reassurance offered by the "GT vibe" after such experiences that might be difficult for some to imagine, but it's surely there for some of us IMHO.

It's very strange that GT7 is part of the canon and it doesn't even have GT League, championships with series of rounds and scores, divided into a universe of different categories. Even the GTS, which was the Prologue of GT7, already introduced this in the second month of release, why is GT7, a canon game, released as a castrated game?

People keep citing the Custom Race feature as a positive of the game but it's barely even that.
  1. Always-on rubberbanding even with Boost off
  2. Choosing cars from your garage defaults them to their original tires (except for when they're all put on RH I think for some reason)
  3. No option to race road cars of similar PP (besides one-make) unless you have some in your garage. The random option has gaps in PP too wide to produce competition.
  4. No preset option, as people have mentioned
  5. Low payouts
  6. A.I. is slow at its fastest, even for an average driver like me

Makes you wonder if they actually tested things like custom races and lobbies. Maybe tested it to see if it didn't crash and left it at that. There are so many things that should never have made it through QA that I think there wasn't much QA at all. More like, it worked in GT Sport, we copied it over, should still work, next.
You had thousands of hours with GT and now i would guess hundreds with Forza, how do you compare the driving experience of the 2 games?

CBH
Why wait for championships/races to appear in a GT numbered game, championships/races should be already in the game at the start and not DRIP FED over time. This is another reason why GT7 is so so poorly designed for a numbered game, and now we have to wait for things to be added like races, it shouldn't be that way for a numbered game.
What we want is new cars to come into the game and not cars slowly Drip Fed from previous numbered games, as I said them cars from previous numbered games should have already been in at the start.

Magog the menu book in a racing game is another true example how stupid PD really is, is for designing something that should not be in a racing game. A racing game should about racing and not about collecting certain cars & forcing you to buy them, really PD couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag sometimes.

Magog if GT7 was a true numbered game the Career Mode should have been completed, we should have had online events like from GT5 & GT6 every 2 weeks with new events. But those clowns at PD are bloody hopeless on how they have made this latest game not like a true numbered game were.
You're howling at the moon, bro. This is gaming in 2022. Adding content over time is how devs keep communities engaged. You don't have to like it but at least nearly all of it is likely to be free.

To your question those menu books shouldn't never have been in the game. Those menu books is not going to make you a better driver so why have them, this is a suppose to be a racing game and not about collecting cars & force you to buy the bloody things, so Kaz is a first class idiot for having these things in.

Who is complaining about the menu books those books should be all thrown in the fire, and never mentioned or talked about being in a racing game ever again.

CBH
To your question those menu books shouldn't never have been in the game. Those menu books is not going to make you a better driver so why have them, this is a suppose to be a racing game and not about collecting cars & force you to buy the bloody things, so Kaz is a first class idiot for having these things in.

Who is complaining about the menu books those books should be all thrown in the fire, and never mentioned or talked about being in a racing game ever again.
Bit dramatic don't you think?

They would've been fine as a side mode, the real problem is that they're the entirety of the campaign, and there isn't much to them.

Three months later, I see no sign of change at Poly, no communication with the players, no roadmap. It'll take more than these updates to make GT7 a great game. I think the best thing to do is forget this game for a few months. IMO it's also the most "forgettable" GT and I'm curious to know the current player count.
In GTSport I took ~2.5 years to switch from my 1.5÷2 hour/day to 20 minutes/day ... in GT7 only 2 months.

I've noticed also the low partecipation in the community feature, in GTSport (2÷3 years ago) any picture/livery/decal received some "likes" from unknown players .. in GT7 only if you have a good number of follower, this is a clear sign of low interest in this game .

IR

Last edited:
You're howling at the moon, bro. This is gaming in 2022. Adding content over time is how devs keep communities engaged. You don't have to like it but at least nearly all of it is likely to be free.
No 1 is complaining that content is being added over time, its free and a good thing.

You have completely missed the point that the full priced game of GT7, was released incomplete and the stuff that is being drip fed over the next year or 2... should have been available on release (in terms of career gameplay anyway) and things should be added ontop of a complete game... not added to a clearly incomplete game.

You seem intent on ignoring these things and just spouting out randomness.... I'm guessing you're a straight troll that people keep feeding for some reason

Last edited:
It's not free at all, we paid for it months ago. The game is not what was advertised, not even close. It may or may not get to the point of being a complete game, but if it does a lot of players will have already moved on to something else.

I'm still playing and finding things to enjoy, but it's starting to get stale. Once I've gotten to a point I don't care about credits the custom races might be ok, but with the ****house payouts as they are, who has time for that.

Adding content post launch is not the issue. The core game is always in place at launch, and what we have now is the core that we will have for the next few years.

Menu Books and Collecting cars.

Menu books is a weak content addition. It was added because (I imagine) few people completed the added races in GTSport. I know I did. They plopped a "new" tag on the races they added, but who cared? They were the same lackluster experiences they have always been. Now, they are the same lacklustre experiences with a feature to encourage me to play them.

LeMans just happened. You would think they would have done a chili race there or something. I can win both the 800pp race and 700pp races by over a minute. Makes for a boring 15-30 minutes.

As for car collecting, I am doing it because...well...that's what there is to do. Like most people on this forum, I find ways to make money to get a car that I want, but really, it's all in the hopes that someday, I can use it for more than a boring single player race, or lapping by myself.

Sport Mode STILL - STILL - Has three races to pick from, but now Race A is "friendly", so really there's two, and it's the same Gr4/GR3 offering that was worn out 3 years ago. With all the cars in the game, they could not offer a 500pp? A 600pp? How about more than 2 or 3? Why not 3 for Race A, 3 for Race B, and 3 for Race C?

If they argument is going to be number of players, their approach lost them players. A change can bring them back.

My leaderboard is already empty. 3 months, and this game is already a ghost town? Change had better be coming, because once the cars are collected, there will be nothing more to do.

I am thinking to get a SeriesX for the new Forza Motorsport next year...
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

I know I will.

People keep citing the Custom Race feature as a positive of the game but it's barely even that.
  1. Always-on rubberbanding even with Boost off
  2. Choosing cars from your garage defaults them to their original tires (except for when they're all put on RH I think for some reason)
  3. No option to race road cars of similar PP (besides one-make) unless you have some in your garage. The random option has gaps in PP too wide to produce competition.
  4. No preset option, as people have mentioned
  5. Low payouts
  6. A.I. is slow at its fastest, even for an average driver like me
That, plus simply the fact that it's just you vs the CPU. Do people really find it interesting to race against fake scripted players?
Personally I hate it. When I was young in the 90s it was acceptable (that, or vs a friend in split screen), but today it seems so pointless since we have the ability to race against people from around the world thanks to the internet.
That is why I say that what GT7 really needs is a complex Sport mode with many different types of lobbies where players simply hop in and race. 3 types of daily races isn't enough. It's just a copy-paste from the limited GT Sport.
Classic cars, modern cars, divided by decade, JDM, free for all, divided by Gr, with tuning setups allowed or BoP... etc. Kinda like what Forza Motorsport has always been doing.
Is it really that difficult? That would be the most fun aspect of GT7 and people would keep playing it, especially since they would be able to use the entire spectrum of cars GT7 offers.
A complete Sport mode along with an improved economy system would make the game rise from the dead.

Last edited:
You had thousands of hours with GT and now i would guess hundreds with Forza, how do you compare the driving experience of the 2 games?
Not hundreds yet lol. I'm getting to the halfway point of the campaign.

I prefer the driving model of GT (playing on controller) but maybe that's just because I have far more experience with that. I find it a lot harder to correct oversteer in Forza 7, either lose a lot of time in a slide of spin out. The Lancia rally car was so hard to control I had to put stability assist on for those races.

I've been driving everything stock though, not tuned anything yet. The economy is stingy as well so I just lower the difficulty instead of make my cars faster. Problem with that is, they don't handle all that great. It's easy to pick a tune from online but of course you still need to pay for all the upgrades. And just as in GT7, paying 40K to win a 11K race, not worth it. You get enough credits to progress through the campaign, but just scraping by now and then. (Leveling up is expensive as it offers you a discounted car which is often still 175K or more, taking all your savings away again)

I do not miss track cut penalties (Forza 7 is less easy to get back on the road / steer on grass and had barriers in place to prevent cheating) nor wall penalties (walls slow you down a lot in Forza 7, no need for penalties) and collisions you want to avoid because it's easy to get hung up on an AI car and lose a lot of time.

Rain feels a lot easier to drive in. Forza 7 does have puddles and you do need to look out for them, but they're not as deadly as in GT7. You need to brake earlier in the rain but I don't find cornering all that different, just got to go a bit slower. It's not Bambi on ice like in GT7. Maybe less realistic, more time to appreciate the swirls of fog coming off the road in the rain.

And of course, the rumble feedback in the dual sense is much better. The sound as well. No idea why Forza always got praised for better sound. Maybe I'm too used to GT games, but to me the Forza sounds less detailed. Yet tons of fun actual races to do!

I am thinking to get a SeriesX for the new Forza Motorsport next year...
Why wait. I'm having plenty fun with Forza 7 already. Got the steelbook edition for dirt cheap (2nd hand buy) and it obviously runs great on Series X. By the time Forza 8 comes out I should be used to Forza's handling model quite well :)

Great single player campaign with a lot of amazing tracks!

Why wait. I'm having plenty fun with Forza 7 already. Got the steelbook edition for dirt cheap (2nd hand buy) and it obviously runs great on Series X. By the time Forza 8 comes out I should be used to Forza's handling model quite well :)

Great single player campaign with a lot of amazing tracks!
What about online, is FM7 still populated? (the S-A-B-C-D... lobbies)
(I don't know because my Xbox One has been sitting there with a broken optical drive for over a year)

In the past, Gran Turismo's sound was pretty awful. It didn't take much to be better. GT7 definitely beats FM7 though.
Yeah I remember when FM had mostly distorted car sounds with extra (fake) growl added. People went on youtube to watch videos of cars they never saw or heard in real life. The sound quality was low and the distortion was pretty easy due to the placement of the microphone. Many thought that a direct sound from the exhaust = the sound from inside the car with windows up, so the judgement was simply stupid.
But I agree that the old FM3/4 sounds were still way better than the GT5/6 ugly synthesized vacuum cleaners.
And today GT7 beats all from both series. (the only 2 car sounds that disappoint me are the Lancia Delta HF and Alfa Romeo 155 DTM)

Last edited:
I think its a great game. Could have done more and should plan bigger once a year updates along with these smaller additions. But its as good as I expected and easy to make money and buy the cars I want. Most games ruin the game from 2nd or 3rd version. GT has been great every game.

I think you had to grind more in past games imho

What about online, is FM7 still populated? (the S-A-B-C-D... lobbies)
(I don't know because my Xbox One has been sitting there with a broken optical drive for over a year)

Yeah I remember when FM had mostly distorted car sounds with extra (fake) growl added. People went on youtube to watch videos of cars they never saw or heard in real life. The sound quality was low and the distortion was pretty easy due to the placement of the microphone. Many thought that a direct sound from the exhaust = the sound from inside the car with windows up, so the judgement was simply stupid.
But I agree that the old FM3/4 sounds were still way better than the GT5/6 ugly synthesized vacuum cleaners.
And today GT7 beats all from both series. (the only 2 car sounds that disappoint me are the Lancia Delta HF and Alfa Rome 155 DTM)
I haven't tried online, don't have live gold. I'm sticking to GT Sport for now for the online racing itch.

Exactly my experience with the sound. I play in hood cam and it sounds off. Indeed more like I'm hanging behind the tail pipe haha.
GT Sport sounds great to me, GT7 even better. I always play in bumper cam (would love a hood cam that's not actually a roof cam) and no complaints about the sound. I only find in GT7 that I hear the other cars less than in GT Sport, yet the details in the sound are far richer. (Although there are some bugs, sounds triggering in place where there should be no crunch or wall scraping sound)

Last edited:
Back