Is GT7 fast becoming the worst of the GT Series?

• Thread starter Tuono_GT
  • 882 comments
it's a lot for many of us, especially after paying full price for the game
You are not forced to pay for that, unless you only playing online, and even then you are not having it for just one game, but $50 for a year is not a lot of money, i could easily even afford it even back when i was at school, if you can afford paying big fee every month for phone this is hardly an issue

People who pay 50€ for the yearly Sony subscription... You have once or twice a year deals where you can get it for 25€... Thing is, the world is growing, online is a lot more advanced than ever before, and there's services that need to be maintained, and it's not for free at all, I can totally understand why online gameplay is no longer free since the PS4 era in 2013-2014.

They do keep adding races, but at least half of them are meh/bad.

That's putting it lightly. Other than the Human Comedy Race Missions (payout only 1x and it's not even as good as some of the meta random races) and some of the Chili pepper races, pretty much all other races are outright garbage of catch the rabbit 20 to even 40 seconds ahead of you. And those are about 80% of all races, worse is that the pace of the AI backmarkers is purposefully nerfed to hell while the AI near the pole position or pole position itself start to get their pace boosts out of nowhere. I'm just talking about racing, not payouts. Most GT7 single player races are terrible, and this has to be criticized because we know PD can make races challenging and fun, as a lot of other racing titles can. GT7 is a racing game first and foremost.

Hard difficulty AI should've been at least the same AI that you have on the Human Comedy Maggiore race, where the AI can actually give you a solid challenge and you can't make much mistakes in both strategy and driving.

My biggest wish for the Endurance races, and I mean TRUE Endurance and not these 30 minutes/1 hour crap, for when they finally get updated into the game is for them to have actual competitive AI like that Maggiore Mission race. 24 hours going at it against such an AI should be one hell of a challenge for most of us.

Another is for PD to add Championships like the other titles... This shouldn't be so damn difficult to implement, it's to the point of being outright sickening how few championships this game has and while lacking the presence of the highest categories in them (Formula cars, Gr.1, Gr.2, other Prototypes etc).

Last edited:
it's a lot for many of us, especially after paying full price for the game
I agree and it's another reason why always online DRM should be banned. Why should people who pay £70 for a high street product be forced to pay another fee to use the product? Especially when AWS can go offline locking you out, your ISP could have issues locking you out, or Sony themselves suffer an outage locking you out.

I agree and it's another reason why always online DRM should be banned. Why should people who pay £70 for a high street product be forced to pay another fee to use the product? Especially when AWS can go offline locking you out, your ISP could have issues locking you out, or Sony themselves suffer an outage locking you out.
The always online will keep happen more in future to prevent cheating and hackning, its also in the new forza motorsport, but you dont need an psplus to play gt7 thats just of you play in sport mode or multiplayer like any other game

The always online will keep happen more in future to prevent cheating and hackning, its also in the new forza motorsport, but you dont need an psplus to play gt7 thats just of you play in sport mode or multiplayer like any other game
If it can be played without PS plus then that's one good thing... So, can we have the "Gran Turismo is back" pledge honoured with an actual offline career? Not directed at you, but PD

Gt7 is 8/10 for me since both Vr update and buyable ultimate parts and swaps update it really kicked life back to this game in my opinion is everything perfect no, but it getting better each month, its just a shame they dont put much effort on career mode, maybe they just wait for sophy to get ready before doing a proper career mode again
8/10 for a Game WITHOUT a proper Career and B-Spec...
Races are all over the place with no Guide...
I don't even talk about the Payouts.
Dream on...

Dream on...
My 8/10 score is total for the overall pakage on what the game offers, its lacks a proper career mode and could have better economy in some sections, but for everything else it does things very well,
i am yet to find a racing game to actully show the same amount of detail to the cars, upgrading exhaust have an impact on how it looks as well as it sounds, this kind of detail is really something i think they deserve praise for, vr was also a huge deal for game and its true gamechanger for the franshise

But considering this thread is about people not being happy with gt7 i am not expecting many to agree with me

Last edited:
except the entire game and all events are locked to online, so GT7 will be the first GT game to completely disappear when servers go offline in maybe 3-7 years

except the entire game and all events are locked to online, so GT7 will be the first GT game to completely disappear when servers go offline in maybe 3-7 years

Gt sports still worls and you expect GT7 to dissapear in 3-7 years?

Gt sports still worls and you expect GT7 to dissapear in 3-7 years?
GT5 and GT6. They shut the servers down once they release a new game. GTS is still running. Don't know why, but then again it's not a mainline game...

Because coding in a "use offline save instead" feature at the game's end of life would be so difficult.

Fact is that no GT game that has required internet connection to play has been taken offline yet, so we have no idea what PD/Sony will do about it.

Because coding in a "use offline save instead" feature at the game's end of life would be so difficult.

Fact is that no GT game that has required internet connection to play has been taken offline yet, so we have no idea what PD/Sony will do about it.
If I recall, one of the people who look at the game code said it was a switch for online/offline.

Dream on...
I don't miss B-Spec at all. 10 out of 10 times, I prefer to win my own credits.

I don't think you understand the difference with GT7 vs all other GT games. It's not just an online save, all the events and 90% of the features are server hosted. This is a first for the series and when the servers go down that will be it.

I don't think you understand the difference with GT7 vs all other GT games. It's not just an online save, all the events and 90% of the features are server hosted. This is a first for the series and when the servers go down that will be it.
Any source for that ridiculous claim, champ?

Other than sport mode and the time trials it's all console driven...

Any source for that ridiculous claim, champ?

Other than sport mode and the time trials it's all console driven...
have any sources for that? They can adjust race parameters and used/auction house price remotely and not via patch
It was a big part of the launch backlash
The devs have officially stated that all content that affects save game will require a connection to their servers. Not saying that it would be impossible to make the game playable offline but it's more than just changing saves to local.

Last edited:
In practice, I'm not that bothered about the game 'going offline' from the point of view of playing GT. I've spent time and money making sure I have all the old games and consoles to play them on, and a CRT, and I have done maybe twice since the PS4 era. I like the idea, I just never do it, so in practice I'll just move on to what the next game is.

.. on the other hand, the point the liveries and decals go down, I'm out.

As @Tired Tyres said, there's no actual coding even needed, the games just have a flag that you can turn on and off in them that enables offline saves or disables them. GT Sport has that at least, it's logical to assume GT7 does. We'll get a good idea of what PD's intentions are for GT7 based on what they do to GT:Sport when they shut the servers down.

Last edited:
As @Tired Tyres said, there's not actual coding even needed, the games just have a flag that you can turn on and off in them that enables offline saves or disables them. GT Sport has that at least, it's logical to assume GT7 does. We'll get a good idea of what PD's intentios are for GT7 based on what they do to GT:Sport when they shut the servers down.
If that really is the case than maybe I am wrong, but from what I have seen and read I think it's a bit more complicated compared to sport.

If that really is the case than maybe I am wrong, but from what I have seen and read I think it's a bit more complicated compared to sport.
Maybe, I haven't looked into it in GT7 but I know it's very striaghtforward to enable offline saves in GT: Sport, so I'd assume it is in GT7. What may be more complicated, is enabling World Circuits and/or other modes to work properly even with offline saves enabled. But as I said, I don't personally have knowledge on that, it's just a hunch.

Last edited:
have any sources for that? They can adjust race parameters and used/auction house price remotely and not via patch
The devs have officially stated that all content that affects save game will require a connection to their servers. Not saying that it would be impossible to make the game playable offline but it's more than just changing saves to local.
Seriously? You think that the car sales prices are "updated real time" as opposed to just programmed on a pattern? And when have they adjusted any race parameter (outside of sport mode) without a patch?

You're also taking videogame news from Vice? LOL. You probably trust RT to give accurate reports on Russia's invasion of Ukraine, too, don't you?

Last edited:
Seriously? You think that the car sales prices are "updated real time" as opposed to just programmed on a pattern? And when have they adjusted any race parameter (outside of sport mode) without a patch?

You're also taking videogame news from Vice? LOL. You probably trust RT to give accurate reports on Russia's invasion of Ukraine, too, don't you?
Why are you using quotes on things I did not say? And the quotes I did use are from the devs....

My 8/10 score is total for the overall pakage on what the game offers, its lacks a proper career mode and could have better economy in some sections, but for everything else it does things very well,
i have yet to find a racing game to actually show the same amount of detail to the cars, upgrading exhaust have an impact on how it looks as well as it sounds, this kind of detail is really something i think they deserve praise for..
Well put @Ande3200 !

The game isn't perfect, but maaaaan what an upgrade from previous GT's.. like you said, the details are absolutely amazing.. personally I couldn't be happier, it's one of the best escapes from reality.. just my .02

NW.

None of the race payouts have been changed without a patch.

Even IF the used car prices were adjusted server side, that's ONE metric that would need to be frozen in the single.olayer campaign... Legend dealer car prices change with a patch as well, but even those would get fixed.

UCD rotation is cyclical and done locally, as is the LCD refresh, as evidenced by the bug that stopped the Ford Roadster from appearing getting resolved IN A PATCH.

You're straight up wrong, buddy.

I don't miss B-Spec at all. 10 out of 10 times, I prefer to win my own credits.
In my opinion, for me, B-Spec wasn’t about preferring to win my own credits. It was about the challenge of managing the bots to be competitive. Nothing worse than having an “fatigued” bot making mistakes/watching the meter run down. Ultimately to just win. Credits were just part of the reward.

Back