Is GT7 fast becoming the worst of the GT Series?

• Thread starter Tuono_GT
  • 882 comments
None of the race payouts have been changed without a patch.

Even IF the used car prices were adjusted server side, that's ONE metric that would need to be frozen in the single.olayer campaign... Legend dealer car prices change with a patch as well, but even those would get fixed.

UCD rotation is cyclical and done locally, as is the LCD refresh, as evidenced by the bug that stopped the Ford Roadster from appearing getting resolved IN A PATCH.

You're straight up wrong, buddy.
Ok, if I'm wrong that would be for the best I thought I had read that the auction prices can be adjusted remotely

GT7 is technicaly the best GT to date (mainly in terms of graphics, sounds, physics). It's also the best in certain specific aspects, like tuning (like the ability to add widebodies to almost every road car is huge). In other aspects it stays almost the same as previous titles (AI, catch the rabbit, still the usage of duplicates). And in the rest, it's pretty much worse than some, or all, of the previous games (car count, online, campaign, payouts, content cost/grindiness).

There are features with a lot of potential, that they don't take advantage of (a drag racing mode that has very limited use for example, or the ability to create races, that ends up being almost useless given the payouts and lack of options).

It can be fun, but that means nothing since almost anything can be fun for a short period of time, GT7 is not really fun in the long term, if you don't play the way they want you to. Grinding countless hours, so you can afford the car/cars you want, so you can have fun the way you want, is not really fun at all.

Ok, if I'm wrong that would be for the best I thought I had read that the auction prices can be adjusted remotely
TBF, fair play for this response. Waaaaayyy too many people double down and get all shirty in those situations, you have earned my respect, sir (not that it's really worth all that much, but there we go :) )

Sold my ps5 and PSVR2 today, was basically just plying gt7 and everything else was also available on pc, with so little to do offline it was not worth it, got a vavle index on the way and maybe in accouple years when used ps5's are cheap. I will come back
This isn't an airport, you don't need to announce your departure. But do us a favor at least and stay off the forum until you do reacquire the game.

Last edited:
This isn't an airport, you don't need to announce your departure. But do us a favor at least and stay off the forum until you do reacquire the game.
Wow did you come up with that? Very fresh.
I never stated that I was leaving, I've been here for over 10 years and playing GT games since the original. this is a topic about the issues with the game and it was enough to drive me away from this entry for the time being (and I got a good price for my gear). At least while it requires an online subscription for new races.

I hope i am missing something but i am pretty bored by the game. Im only doing races to earn money bc i completed all the championships within 2 weeks (and i didnt play everyday, far from it).
Are there daily races available or do they become available after a certain collector level? I think im at 37 or 38.
The menu concept is weird. Too easy (finish 3rd..). The album concept is not bad but the payouts are usually useless (parts for cars i dont plan on buying..).
Id love a long race with a larger grid with ability to pause and save and resume. Maybe 12h of SPA or Le Mans or Nring with a 40 cars plus grid across multiple classes and different rewards based on class win or OA win.

The cars are all perfectly modeled but they sound like crap compared to Forza. Would love to see weekly new cars added.

Why is the used car market updated only once a day and with only a few new ones at at time?

Rant off.

Are there daily races available or do they become available after a certain collector level? I think im at 37 or 38.
There's a thing called daily races, but they're a weekly rotation of Sport mode races. If you mean rotating singleplayer races, no. We get an average of 3 new singleplayer races per month.

I hope i am missing something but i am pretty bored by the game. Im only doing races to earn money bc i completed all the championships within 2 weeks (and i didnt play everyday, far from it).
The menu concept is weird. Too easy (finish 3rd..). The album concept is not bad but the payouts are usually useless (parts for cars i dont plan on buying..).
Id love a long race with a larger grid with ability to pause and save and resume. Maybe 12h of SPA or Le Mans or Nring with a 40 cars plus grid across multiple classes and different rewards based on class win or OA win.

The cars are all perfectly modeled but they sound like crap compared to Forza. Would love to see weekly new cars added.

Why is the used car market updated only once a day and with only a few new ones at at time?

Rant off.

Some cars sounds better in forza, but there is also cars that sound better in gt7, its quite even if you look at all the cars,

I can't say that gt7 is or will become the worst of the series.
It's different for sure( especially for older players) and certainly better in many areas.
What i have at back of my head from the first time i play it, is this :
When gt7 servers go down in the future....... Nothing will left to remind his existence .

I can't say that gt7 is or will become the worst of the series.
It's different for sure( especially for older players) and certainly better in many areas.
What i have at back of my head from the first time i play it, is this :
When gt7 servers go down in the future....... Nothing will left to remind his existence .
There is proof PD can release an offline patch if they want. We'll see what happens when Sport goes down.

I don't think GT7 is the worst in the series, for me that honor goes to GT6. That said GT7 does have a lot of issues, but I don't worry about them for the most part and try to enjoy the good parts of the game. Personally feel the racing genre on the whole is kind of stagnant not sure what can be done to improve it though

I take it most of you guys aren't using VR?
Let's say for a second that I would invest in the playstation VR headset. I would do exactly as I've always been doing:
Race 2 Gr.4/Gr.3 a couple of times per day, with a controller, and in VR. I wouldn't use the VR for anything else.

Would the investment change my whole GT7 experience, considering it's just for those couple of daily races?

Absolutely not.

No careeer mode. No multiplayer hoppers with all tracks in rotation to use all the cars PD keep adding.

I imagine not, given the huge expense. Couple that with possibly requiring medication, training, etc... I'm not too surprised
Given the specs, psvr 2 is a bargain. Especially compared to meta's offerings ....or apples (lol) Its literally the first headset with a spec/price ration which is worth getting. VR demands certain minimum refresh rates, resolution, dynamic range to be viable and the only ones which fit these requirements when psvr 2 released had prices in the thousands. As far as medication or training..errr hmmm...no. If your affected, it takes about a week playing in short bursts, maybe a bit longer and any sort of funny belly fades away. I suppose you could call that, 'training,' but /shrug.
Let's say for a second that I would invest in the playstation VR headset. I would do exactly as I've always been doing:
Race 2 Gr.4/Gr.3 a couple of times per day, with a controller, and in VR. I wouldn't use the VR for anything else.

Would the investment change my whole GT7 experience, considering it's just for those couple of daily races?

Absolutely not.

No careeer mode. No multiplayer hoppers with all tracks in rotation to use all the cars PD keep adding.
ymmv...but it did for me.

Prior to psvr2's release the ps5 was only in the living room because LG's webOS doesn't carry espn+. They have hulu and disney+, but not espn....makes no sense. In a lot of ways I was kinda done with gaming. I'd try to pick something up now and again but despite having a beautiful tv, nothing kept my attention.

GT7 would get played once or twice a month.

Then psvr2 happened.

The effect of immersion is a revelation..and that's not hyperbole. Elevation changes, brake points, car balance, a general awareness of your vehicle relative to others... you name it, pretty much everything exponentially improves once you don that wonderful little brain bucket. I race cleaner, more consistently, and to the point..its damn fun. I'd even go so far as to say that there is more value in the psvr2, than the 8nm dd pro it inspired the purchase of.... together, they are magical though. Well, except that gt7 doesn't support pedal feedback(from what I've heard), with everything else being so good, that's definitely apparent, and missed.

Anyway, you seem dug in, and I'm probably barking at the moon. However, its an entirely different game with psvr2, and if you enjoy driving irl as I do, then you owe it to yourself to someday give it a try. Or not, and stay frustrated and disappointed. I know I used to be that way..

So... To make GT7 playable, you need a peripheral more expensive than the console it's designed to run on?

I don't remember having that problem with Metropolis Street Racer, Gran Turismo 1-4, Project Gotham Racing 4, Forza Motorsport 1-4, F1 2010-13, Colin McRae 1-4, Dirt 5, Toca Touring car 1&2, Need for speed Underground 2, Need for Speed 1-4...

Last edited:
Gran turismo 7 is far from the worst in series in my opinion, in vr you will transform this game in hole new level, never experince something so immersive, single player in previous titles was in deed better, and here is where gt7 biggest flaw is, but everything besides this is so much better, so it still makes up for a lot, and becouse of it its my favorite gran turismo game since gt4, and have beating every forza motorsport as well since their 4th game to in my opinion,
Here are plenty of points where gt7 has improved over older games,

Less cars but Better car models
Better sounds older games was horrible here
Better physics
Better wheather system
More customazion
Full vr support

All this transform where its actully so much more enjoyable to drive the cars like you just could not feel with previous titles, i have psvr2 headset, just dont have wheel setup yet, but even with dualsense its incrediable,
And vr showroom is really amazing feels like actully being there and having the car in front of you same with the races where it almost feel like you are in the car

I just wish the single player was more like it was in gt4 gt5,

But when sophy arrives we might get the best single player experince to, maybe thats what they are waiting for before doing a proper career mode again, but we might not even see that until gt8

Last edited:
Given the specs, psvr 2 is a bargain. Especially compared to meta's offerings ....or apples (lol) Its literally the first headset with a spec/price ration which is worth getting. VR demands certain minimum refresh rates, resolution, dynamic range to be viable and the only ones which fit these requirements when psvr 2 released had prices in the thousands. As far as medication or training..errr hmmm...no. If your affected, it takes about a week playing in short bursts, maybe a bit longer and any sort of funny belly fades away. I suppose you could call that, 'training,' but /shrug.

Prior to psvr2's release the ps5 was only in the living room because LG's webOS doesn't carry espn+. They have hulu and disney+, but not espn....makes no sense. In a lot of ways I was kinda done with gaming. I'd try to pick something up now and again but despite having a beautiful tv, nothing kept my attention.

Then psvr2 happened.

The effect of immersion is a revelation..and that's not hyperbole. Elevation changes, brake points, car balance, a general awareness of your vehicle relative to others... you name it, pretty much everything exponentially improves once you don that wonderful little brain bucket. I race cleaner, more consistently, and to the point..its damn fun. I'd even go so far as to say that there is more value in the psvr2, than the 8nm dd pro it inspired the purchase of.... together, they are magical though. Well, except that gt7 doesn't support pedal feedback(from what I've heard), with everything else being so good, that's definitely apparent, and missed.

Anyway, you seem dug in, and I'm probably barking at the moon. However, its an entirely different game with psvr2, and if you enjoy driving irl as I do, then you owe it to yourself to someday give it a try. Or not, and stay frustrated and disappointed. I know I used to be that way..
Gran turismo 7 is far from the worst in series in my opinion, in vr you will transform this game in hole new level, never experince something so immersive,...
I'm genuinely glad PSVR2 has made GT7 more enjoyable for you guys, but it's not exactly a promising outlook if the thing needed to make the game fun is a peripheral that literally costs more than the PS5 system that's needed for both the game and the VR setup to even function.
Less cars but Better car models
Better sounds older games was horrible here
Better physics
Better wheather system
More customazion
Full vr support
My problem with this is that, besides the VR Support, almost all of these are all things that should be expected to come with age, not just due to changes in technology, but also because Sonys/PDs competitors are already doing most or all of these things with their respective IPs in the genre. Big difference, as you mentioned, is that GT7s core gameplay, the single player element, has gone significantly backwards compared to previous entries, which is pretty bad since that's the element that GT is known for, while a lot of the competition has made strides in this regard (even if most don't achieve the same scope as some older GT games overall). It's not like Sony/PD are unaware of this either, especially with them claiming that GT7 would be a "return to form," but the end result is very clearly anything but to anyone who is even remotely familiar with previous GT entries before Sport.

Last edited:
I'm genuinely glad PSVR2 has made GT7 more enjoyable for you guys, but it's not exactly a promising outlook if the thing needed to make the game fun is a peripheral that literally costs more than the PS5 system that's needed for both the game and the VR setup to even function.
Let them speak.
According to them, only their point of view matters and it's your fault you're miserable...because you don't buy the VR and because you don't enjoy the game as it is. No no. It's not GT that lacks the fundamentals.
This is more than enough to click the ignore button.

Last edited:
I dont think you really read my post, and as i said it was my opinion and i never said anything about everyone had to agree with me, and i did say that career mode was the biggest flaw With gt7 or did you missed that,

But its clear pd are more intrested in sport stuff than single player

And while psvr2 is not cheap, other headsets with simular specs cost the same offen much more

Last edited:
I dont think you really read my post, and as i said it was my opinion and i never said anything about everyone had to agree with me, and i did say that career mode was the biggest flaw With gt7 or did you missed that,

But its clear pd are more intrested in sport stuff than single player
I was talking about Kriptical

Then psvr2 happened.

Everyone will have thier own experiences and determinators as to whether PSVR2 is a worthwhile purchase. For myself, for example, it's highly likely it just wouldn't get used. Maybe if I was 15 years younger when this technology came out, but I'm far too casual a gamer now to spend that money on an admittedly, good value for the specs, product, and sit in the lounge wearing a headset. Not sure my wife would approve of it either :lol:.

But the reality is, I don't spend a lot of time gaming, and when I do it's 30 mins-1hr here and there. Sometihng like a VR headset, if I were to have one, would be put away in a cupboard somewhere and the odds are, I'm not getting it out for a short stint. Also, my PS4 switched on for long enough to update GT7 on Friday and hasn't been back on since. So I've downloaded the update, and not played a minute of it since as at this time.

I'm just not interested in GT7 anymore. While technically a good game, the unispiring campaign, lack of proper races and grind for the credits just isn't pulling me back for one more go, and sure I can imagine playing in VR could make the grind less of an issue because it will undoubtedly add layers to the driving experience, but the races are still dull and the campaign still uninspired. The single best thing about GT7 are the handfull of Clubman Cup+ events and the other similar ones that feature proper races. There's just nowhere near enough of them.

At the end of the day, I would probably enjoy the PSVR2 for a short while and then it'd end up in a box, in cupboard and I'd cease to be bothered to get it out anymore for the brief durations it might get used. Besides, as it stands, GT7 is the only game I have that would make use of it, and that's if I purchased a PS5 too, so good value for it's specs or not, in isolation it's not good value for me.

Last edited:
And while psvr2 is not cheap, other headsets with simular specs cost the same offen much more
True, but that doesn't really make things better at the same time. It's still basically telling prospective buyers that in order to have a good time with GT7, you need to drop $1000+ on hardware to get the most out of it, meanwhile the game itself still has significant flaws, some of which compromise the core experience regardless of what you do, and most of said issues being unique to GT7 and not previous titles.

It'd be like selling a car where the base model is known for being unreliable, but the customer needs to spend $1000 on a higher trim model that'll eliminate some of the issues. I'd wager most people would say varying degrees of "thanks, but no thanks" and look towards competing models that have lower costs, asterisks and/or reliability.

Last edited:
Let them speak.
According to them, only their point of view matters and it's your fault you're miserable...because you don't buy the VR and because you don't enjoy the game as it is. No no. It's not GT that lacks the fundamentals.
This is more than enough to click the ignore button.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen what you describe here.

What I’ve seen a ton of is people who really like GT7 in VR encouraging others to at least consider it or give it a try given the opportunity.

I know it’s a hard sell, both monetarily and as a concept.

If you have never used VR it’s really hard to wrap your head around what it adds to the experience.

Keep an open mind.

(I realize you might not even read this since I might be on your ignore it given I’m pretty vocal about how much I like GT7 in VR)

Last edited:
Back