Is it released in the US?

Apologizes for my bad english guys, but I've reading the whole post many times and I'm afraid about the fact of have misunderstood it. That's a general new, or it's a problem with your Playstation 3 H_S2000?, because at the beginnin you said your Playstation 3, but the SCEA talks about all the Playstation 3 on the way I understood it...

I'm asking because I'm from Spain, and here for example you can't found the official memory card adaptor for Playstation 3, you just can found third parties ones, so two days ago I ordered a Sony official one from United States for 18$ (shipment included) because it's the only place where I could buy it (I really don't trust my 8 Memory Card data on a third party memory card adaptor, only on the official Sony one).

And I was thinkin' about import a DUAL SHOCK 3 too from Japan... you know, I was happy with the idea that the Playstation 3 was region-free for it's games, controllers, cables, and so on...

So could anybody give me a hand and tell me if I've misunderstood the message? (excuse my doubt because I was talking about anything different from GT5).

I have a Japanese DS3 and it works perfectly on my UK PS3. I can't answer you other questions though.

I reserve all of my games at EB/Gamestop and usually receive that wonderful automated phone call the night before the game arrives. To my dismay I did not receive that call last night. Has anyone who reserved the game from Gamestop received the call? I just hope they do not hold it back a day to correspond with the PS store release. Also, the EB website still does not say "Usually ships in 24 hours" like it does when a game has been released. It still says "Pre-order Ships 4/15/08". I'll be pissed if I have to wait another day.

I have a Japanese DS3 and it works perfectly on my UK PS3. I can't answer you other questions though.
Yeah I know that DUAL SHOCK 3 from Japan works on PAL systems, and that hundred of people here on GTPLANET have been playing the japanese GRAN TURISMO 5: PROLOGUE on their PAL and NTSC-USA systems, so I've seen always the Playstation 3 as a not-region-exclusive systems for it's games, controllers and so on...

But now the post that H_S2000 left was a bit confusing then. Maybe they're going to change that on the next models, or they're changing it now through firmware already... (lookin' at the H_S2000 post I mean), so I'm a bit in confusion.

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I check my bank statement this morning, expecting to see the pending cost taken out and find an email saying that it is shipping. No, instead the pending cost is just gone and Best Buy's Web site says it is back ordered, expected to ship in 1-2 weeks.

This is the second time I have used Bet Buy online and the second time they have burned me.

I will call around the local shops before lunch and pick up a copy today then cancel my Best Buy order. I love their store, but their online service is the pits. I preordered so I could have it this week, not May.

I reserve all of my games at EB/Gamestop and usually receive that wonderful automated phone call the night before the game arrives. To my dismay I did not receive that call last night. Has anyone who reserved the game from Gamestop received the call? I just hope they do not hold it back a day to correspond with the PS store release. Also, the EB website still does not say "Usually ships in 24 hours" like it does when a game has been released. It still says "Pre-order Ships 4/15/08". I'll be pissed if I have to wait another day.

I just got my call right now. stating the game will be here before noon today

I check my bank statement this morning, expecting to see the pending cost taken out and find an email saying that it is shipping. No, instead the pending cost is just gone and Best Buy's Web site says it is back ordered, expected to ship in 1-2 weeks.

This is the second time I have used Bet Buy online and the second time they have burned me.

I will call around the local shops before lunch and pick up a copy today then cancel my Best Buy order. I love their store, but their online service is the pits. I preordered so I could have it this week, not May.

That sucks to hear man, :(
I never trust in Best Buy for Games on consoles as much, I perfer GameStop, and because they are WAY closer to my home. But best buy has great collection of PC games.

I just got my call right now. stating the game will be here before noon today

Just as soon as I read you're post, GameStop call me too :) Before NOON WOOHOOO

Hahaha, I have today off anyway!

I'm sick (of school) So I can stay today, Thursday, and maybe even Friday.
I have not Play Any GT game and PC Sim racers for about a month now. :scared:

Time to Get my racing Cockpit to the living room and dust off that wheel
Anyone wants to help out?

That sucks to hear man, :(
I never trust in Best Buy for Games on consoles as much, I perfer GameStop, and because they are WAY closer to my home. But best buy has great collection of PC games.
Gamestop is Satan. At least in my area that is the general consensus, and everyone I know only uses them because their options are limited now that they rule all things games.

They've lost my preorder info, basically screwing me over on money, the employees are rude and only talk to you if you are an XBox fanboy (I have a story on here somewhere about how the manager tried to not sell a PS3 to another customer), and they rarely have the games I actually care about.

Oh, and their knowledge of games is minimal at best. Last time I was in a Gamestop the guy tried to tell me Prologue was small but would be upgraded to the full game via DLC.

Good luck with getting your game today guys 👍
I only just got a refund from play.com in the UK today after not receiving my pre ordered copy that never arrived on the release date :grumpy: was told to wait 21 days before I could get my refund as it could just be caught up in the mail! ... haha yeah right! :sly: one of the bloomin postmen has been playing GT5P at my expense for the last 3 weeks :crazy:

Anyway it's lucky I went and bought from the local gamestore the day after release due to no ability to wait any longer ... and it's lucky I did or I would still be here waiting like some demented ben gun style dude with a foot long beard and nibbling cheese under the letterbox :dopey:

Hope you all get your game today and don't get messed about like I did due to the sloppy UK delivery system :cheers:

Have fun guys ;)

Gamestop is Satan. At least in my area that is the general consensus, and everyone I know only uses them because their options are limited now that they rule all things games.

They've lost my preorder info, basically screwing me over on money, the employees are rude and only talk to you if you are an XBox fanboy (I have a story on here somewhere about how the manager tried to not sell a PS3 to another customer), and they rarely have the games I actually care about.

Oh, and their knowledge of games is minimal at best. Last time I was in a Gamestop the guy tried to tell me Prologue was small but would be upgraded to the full game via DLC.

Then I think my store is way better, Employees are really nice to me, always talk about games and what not. Even when I pre-order a game, most of times they put me on First call list lol. Maybe I am a Lovable person (I'm so full of myself)

But point here, that for my experience I have better experience with GameStop then BestBuy. But I'm not saying Best Buy is evil or anything like that.

By the way THANKS MR.P
Same goes to you.

Then I think my store is way better, Employees are really nice to me, always talk about games and what not. Even when I pre-order a game, most of times they put me on First call list lol. Maybe I am a Lovable person (I'm so full of myself)

But point here, that for my experience I have better experience with GameStop then BestBuy. But I'm not saying Best Buy is evil or anything like that.
Must be regional, because GameStop around here are always cramped little kiosk style stores stuck between a restaurant and a cell phone shop, while Best Buy has at least five long aisles devoted to console games and only two to PC.

Their console gaming section is only a couple of rows shorter than their DVD section. And all PC software (games, apps, etc.) don't take up as much space. When GT4 came out they had one entire section devoted to it.

This is the second time I have used Best Buy online and the second time they have burned me.

We call them Worst Buy around here. They suck in every imaginable way. Walmart or Circuit City have got to be a better option then Crap Buy.

At 8:00 O' Clock last night, I get a pre-recorded call from Gamestop telling me that my order should be at the store by noon tomorrow. We'll see how accurate the Gamestop oracle is this time.... :)

Ok guys, 10 33 here, in 30 I going to go pick it up. See you guys in few months LOL

We call them Worst Buy around here. They suck in every imaginable way. Walmart or Circuit City have got to be a better option then Crap Buy.
Definitely regional then. At Wal*Mart I was told Blu-Rays were locked in a case because those kids that play them on their PS3s will steal them. And then there was them not carrying Warhawk, not even a SKU sticker, while having posters up for it.

And Circuit City was falling on hard times in general locally until they renovated all their stores. Before that they looked about as clean and organized as a Wal*Mart. Their prices however keep me out because I can get Blu-Rays for 25% less at Best Buy or Wal*Mart.

On average Best Buy tends to have the best selection and best sale prices around here.

Perhaps my current experience is a sign that things are changing though. I tend to use Wal*Mart for convenience on most things, but when it comes to gaming I have always been able to rely on Best Buy, until now.

OK, so after some searching here are my findings:

• No GameStops within 100 miles have it in stock (according to store locator)
  • Wal*Mart currently does not carry it in stores
  • K-Mart does not have it
  • Circuit City does not have it
  • Best Buy in the next town down the interstate has it.
  • Amazon has it
  • Sears has it online, but no store availability option on their Web site
  • Gamefly will have it tomorrow

Here are my options:

• Have Best Buy switch it to in-store pickup in the store where it is available and drive 30 miles out of my way (60 mile round trip)
  • Order it from Amazon and get it probably Monday at the earliest
  • Brave the mall to see if my local Sears has it
  • Upgrade my Gamefly plan first thing in the morning and hope it will ship tomorrow and then Keep It as soon as it comes in (for $27).
  • Hit up the GameStops to see if anyone doesn't buy their preorder (How I got Warhawk)
  • Wait

Back