Islam - What's your view on it?

• Thread starter SalmanBH
  • 5,711 comments
But I don't live in these states, I live in London. We are a secular country with the religious majority being Christians.
The UK is not a secular country, we have a state religion, the head of which is the monarch, with leaders of that faith embedded automatically in the House of Lords.
Why do these debates always, always, always turn into Christianity? It's bizarre. It's like talking about multiple sclerosis and then saying "well what about brain tumours?". Why can't we discuss the topic at hand?
I didn't, I compared three religions, mainly to point our a weird double standard you have repeatedly employed.

Oh and posting the Free Speech Union, an organisation that only likes free speech when it agrees with them, rather telling.

Last edited:
The UK is not a secular country, we have a state religion, the head of which is the monarch, with leaders of that faith embedded automatically in the House of Lords.
....And with that I can walk around safely with a "Jesus is queer" top. Remember that even though we have what you have stated, in general terms the UK is one of the more secular countries in the world.
I didn't, I compared three religions, mainly to point our a weird double standard you have repeatedly employed.
No double standard. I'm pointing out the flaw in the ideology that "all religions are equal". It's like saying "you can be anything you want to be". Patently false and ridiculous.
Oh and posting the Free Speech Union, an organisation that only likes free speech when it agrees with them, rather telling.
And citing the Middle East Forum as well, a conservative think tank set up to promote US interests, with close ties to Israel? Did the absolutist nature of that piece not give you the slightest pause for thought?
You can see it's a liddle bit MAGA-like.

Last edited:
"That doesn't count."

However ineffectively or weakly it is enforced, the UK is a de jure theocracy. The principle matters.

Last edited:
....And with that I can walk around safely with a "Jesus is queer" top. Remember that even though we have what you have stated, in general terms the UK is one of the more secular countries in the world.
If you need to effectively redefine what a secular nation is to describe the UK, then it's not.
No double standard. I'm pointing out the flaw in the ideology that "all religions are equal". It's like saying "you can be anything you want to be". Patently false and ridiculous.
No ones said they are all equal, so drop the strawman, you know the exact point that's being raised, which is your repeated double standards.
You can see it's a liddle bit MAGA-like.
Toby Young, the MEF and FSU are all quite MAGA-like, well spotted.

Last edited:
If you need to effectively redefine what a secular nation is to describe the UK, then it's not.
You don't see how that's worse? In a Christian nation I'm more safe to do that...?
No ones said they are all equal, so drop the strawman, you know the exact point that's being raised, which is your repeated double standards.
What is the point then?
Toby Young, the MEF and FSU are all quite MAGA-like, well spotted.
I'm saying you guys are. For Christ's sake, the Toby Young article is a free version of The Times article because it was paywalled!!

This is insanity!

You don't see how that's worse? In a Christian nation I'm more safe to do that...?
I was addressing a singular point, your claim that the UK is a secular nation. It's not, and your moving goal posts.
What is the point then?
I've no idea, you claimed people were saying they were all equal, not me.
I'm saying you guys are. For Christ's sake, the Toby Young article is a free version of The Times article because it was paywalled!!

This is insanity!
Which has zero to do withe the issue of using a eugenics supporting, misogynistic, homophobe, who set up a 'Free speech ' organisation with zero interest in actual free speech as a source.

Last edited:
Condemning extremist agitators whilst demanding equal treatment for the majority of regular Muslims is so MAGA.

Condemning extremist agitators whilst demanding equal treatment for the majority of regular Muslims is so MAGA.
No, man, that's not what Hitchens is saying.

We should be condemning the religion, not shying away from it by blaming extremists. Over half of British Muslims in a poll want to make showing "the prophet" illegal. Do you agree with that?!

As Hitchens again said: Resist it while you still can.

My friend (not an extremist, not an activist, not a criminal) said ChatGPT lies and distorts:
1729000616563.png

1729000950726.png

Where are the lies? The distortion?

Last edited:
No, man, that's not what Hitchens is saying.

We should be condemning the religion, not shying away from it by blaming extremists. Over half of British Muslims in a poll want to make showing "the prophet" illegal. Do you agree with that?!
It's not a zero sum situation, it's perfect possible to want zero blasphemy laws to be in place without blaming all followers of any religion.

Plenty of Christians fought to stop the removal of the blasphemy laws in the UK, doesn't mean all Christians should be condemned as a result.
As Hitchens again said: Resist it while you still can.
Personally I'm more concerned with far right views being mainstream in the UK than unsourced polls about blasphemy laws that aren't going to amount to much.

Are we ignoring the OT in Christianity again?

Back