Israel - Palestine discussion thread

It seems that Netanyahu tried to trick the UN a la the Bush Administration.

He told the world in 2012 that Iran was near completion of a nuclear weapon, but the Mossad pretty much knew that Iran wasn't even building one.

Al Jazeera reports about leaked documents.

Haven't the irealhelli's been claiming since the 80's that Iran is close to completion of a nuclear weapon (without showing any real evidence)?
http://original.antiwar.com/sahimi/2010/05/04/irans-ever-imminent-nukes/

netanyahu_un_bomb_cartoon_2012_09_28.jpg

netanyahu-speaks-at-un-about-iranian-bomb1.gif

Since Iran doesn't have a thread and this one has Iran as a current topic.

Iran is having a Holocaust cartoon contest!
Bit tasteless but with free speech being such a dandy topic nowadays, it somewhat confirms that they aren't denying that it happened.

Since Iran doesn't have a thread and this one has Iran as a current topic.

Iran is having a Holocaust cartoon contest!
Bit tasteless but with free speech being such a dandy topic nowadays, it somewhat confirms that they aren't denying that it happened.
Yep. Have no problem making fun of other religions. Brilliant double standard.

I think this is one of those gremlins that will remain with us until we all are pushing daisies.

To be expected I guess (the correlation).

But they've been doing this for a few years now, I think it's an yearly thing.

But hey, insults don't kill, they just hurt people's feelings.

To be expected I guess (the correlation).

But they've been doing this for a few years now, I think it's an yearly thing.

But hey, insults don't kill, they just hurt people's feelings.
For people who don't believe that it ever happened they sure spend a lot of time making fun of it.

Ah but you see, that's the "beauty" of it, any iranian will reply to you with your own words, saying:

For people that don't believe in the prophet they sure spend a lot of time making fun of him.

Face it. Insulting cartoons aren't a waste of time of the people drawing them if their purpose (the insult) is achieved.

Ah but you see, that's the "beauty" of it, any iranian will reply to you with your own words, saying:

For people that don't believe in the prophet they sure spend a lot of time making fun of him.

Face it. Insulting cartoons aren't a waste of time of the people drawing them if their purpose (the insult) is achieved.
I sort of see it as "adding to the fire" but that's just me.

I sort of see it as "adding to the fire" but that's just me.

Ah, but so does Netanyahu with his claims, which the Mossad already shot down.

Thou giveth a littleth. Thou taketh a littleth.

No, but don't let the fact that over 6 million Jews were executed in Hitler's gas ovens in addition to his political enemies hit you on the way out.
So, let's focus and make it clear... Iran is not making fun of any religion, like it was insinuated, correct?
And I like the silence.......

Last edited:
So, let's focus and make it clear... Iran is not making fun of any religion, like it was insinuated, correct?
And I like the silence.......
No. The holocaust was an experiment in social engineering. Most advances in modern medicine wouldn't have been made possible without that dark period.

By denying that it even happened, you discount the darkest period of our history by refusing to see its contribution to the modern times.

No. The holocaust was an experiment in social engineering. Most advances in modern medicine wouldn't have been made possible without that dark period.

By denying that it even happened, you discount the darkest period of our history by refusing to see its contribution to the modern times.
You are totally out of line... I was speaking about Iran making fun of a religion, like it was insinuated in one of the posts above... You need to study more on the topic... and focus more! Changing the subject and hijacking a topic is ridiculous kind of propaganda, used by corporate media in order to brainwash the masses.

You have no clue what Israel does behind the scenes... I bet you never heard about this!

Last edited:
You are totally out of line... I was speaking about Iran making fun of a religion, like it was insinuated in one of the posts above... You need to study more on the topic... and focus more!
It was you that failed to see what the Holocaust has done to further human history. By making the event into a joke like Iran has done for years, people have refused to see the contributions that the people who have died have made to modern advances in medicine, as well as other events. You can't deny that over 6 million people have died in Hitler's scheme to produce the perfect human race.

It was you that failed to see what the Holocaust has done to further human history. By making the event into a joke like Iran has done for years, people have refused to see the contributions that the people who have died have made to modern advances in medicine, as well as other events. You can't deny that over 6 million people have died in Hitler's scheme to produce the perfect human race.
Let me answer you with a joke... You seem to have a problem with following my finger, my friend. Iran is not making fun of any religion.

Do you understand Israel funded the extremists of ISIS, the guys that are decapitating innocent people? Do you understand the person that declared this is Wesley Clark, retired general of U.S.Army, former Supreme Allied Commander Europe of NATO (1997 to 2000)?

Last edited:
You are totally out of line... I was speaking about Iran making fun of a religion, like it was insinuated in one of the posts above... You need to study more on the topic... and focus more! Changing the subject and hijacking a topic is ridiculous kind of propaganda, used by corporate media in order to brainwash the masses.

You have no clue what Israel does behind the scenes... I bet you never heard about this!

i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē/

1. Accusing others of being brainwashed by the corporate media, then uses CNN to prove his point.
smiley-laughing001.gif
smiley-laughing004.gif
smiley-laughing014.gif

Let me answer you with a joke... You seem to have a problem with following my finger, my friend. Iran is not making fun of any religion.

Do you understand Israel funded the extremists of ISIS, the guys that are decapitating innocent people? Do you understand the person that declared this is Wesley Clark, retired general of U.S.Army, former Supreme Allied Commander Europe of NATO (1997 to 2000)?
Do you have a link to support this allegation of ISIS financing by Israel, preferrably not from one of the "corporate media" sources you so despise?

I do have a question for you and I'd appreciate a straight answer. Do you think the Holocaust is real, that it took place just as the history books say it took place? Millions of Jews, Gypsys, artists, homosexuals, prostitutes, Christians etc dead, 11 million in total?

Last edited:
What religion is Iran making fun of? The "Holocaust" doesn't qualify as a religion, as far as I was concerned...
It's highly possible that far more Slovaks and Poles were killed in Hitler's jolly romp through Western Europe than even Jews, because of how hard statistics are to come by for anything from the Soviet Union circa WWII; nevermind various other undesirables like gay people and political dissenters and POWs and... gypsies.

And yet a part of me has to come to the conclusion that when it is said that "Iran is having a Holocaust cartoon contest" (emphasis mine) that it is kinda obvious that they aren't taking the piss out of Kurt Vonnegut or something.

@Johnnypenso: I have liked how he has gone back to edit his posts to make me look like I was the one being off topic when I was the one who tried to argue on the merits.

And for the record, even our JAIC has recognized that letting Iran have the bomb would indeed paint a big bulls eye on Israel, a country that at it's narrowest point, is only 9 miles across from border to border. What Bibi did Tuesday was more akin to Churchill going before Parliament in WWII to ask to fight the Nazis more than anything else. If the Iran gets that bomb, then there will be a way to deliver it to its intended target.

@Johnnypenso: I have liked how he has gone back to edit his posts to make me look like I was the one being off topic when I was the one who tried to argue on the merits.

And for the record, even our JAIC has recognized that letting Iran have the bomb would indeed paint a big bulls eye on Israel, a country that at it's narrowest point, is only 9 miles across from border to border. What Bibi did Tuesday was more akin to Churchill going before Parliament in WWII to ask to fight the Nazis more than anything else. If the Iran gets that bomb, then there will be a way to deliver it to its intended target.
So he edited all of his posts when he realized he was not winning the argument?

i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē/

1. Accusing others of being brainwashed by the corporate media, then uses CNN to prove his point.
smiley-laughing001.gif
smiley-laughing004.gif
smiley-laughing014.gif

Do you have a link to support this allegation of ISIS financing by Israel, preferrably not from one of the "corporate media" sources you so despise?

I do have a question for you and I'd appreciate a straight answer. Do you think the Holocaust is real, that it took place just as the history books say it took place? Millions of Jews, Gypsys, artists, homosexuals, prostitutes, Christians etc dead, 11 million in total?

To be brainwashed is not accusation on the person or on a group of people, is what media needs to be ashamed of and blamed for.

The source is an US Army general, not CNN. When the media channel will process the "information", the "sound' or the 'image", than that media channel will be the "source". Wesley Clark was not a CNN employee when he made those statements.

As the title of this long thread states, Israel is attacking, not the Palestinians.

I know is confusing if you never ever thought out of the box (which is not an accusation either), but all I can do is to invite every individual reading about Israel's conflicts, to look at the facts and use logical thinking.... Also, is not about the Israelis, it's about the government that is sending that country into a black hole, sacrificing even the relations with U.S. for the sake of war.

Here is no room for arguments or accusations. Most of the Israelis are looking for peace and are disappointed by their leaders.

And by the way, presenting insinuations as facts (Iran is making fun of a religion) is bad and shows a superficial way of thinking. They have other problems with the mixture of religion, legislation and fundamentalism, but making fun of a religion will be childish. Maybe they want to make fun of a concept or ideology, but still, that wont have any efficient results, other that igniting arguments and maybe "fights" between gamers/commentators.

Despite the confusion and some commentators "harshness", I like your concern over worlds issues. Anyway, this place is not for interrogations, and any moderator can explain you that. Possibly, if you feel you have something to say, to be open to a dialog and to different opinions, which you might find offensive or repulsive, but still, people are entitled to.

Stay informed and you'll be surprise to find out, sometimes, how some of your strongest opinions about world were wrong at some point. It is not an accusation either... is called "growing up".

P.S. the editing is only for grammar... I'm not perfect, but i can live with it.

Last edited:

That's why you always quote as soon as possible so the original text isn't lost:lol:

To be brainwashed is not accusation on the person or on a group of people, is what media needs to be ashamed of and blamed for.

The source is an US Army general, not CNN. When the media channel will process the "information", the "sound' or the 'image", than that media channel will be the "source". Wesley Clark was not a CNN employee when he made those statements.

As the title of this long thread states, Israel is attacking, not the Palestinians.

I know is confusing if you never ever thought out of the box (which is not an accusation either), but all I can do is to invite every individual reading about Israel's conflicts, to look at the facts and use logical thinking.... Also, is not about the Israelis, it's about the government that is sending that country into a black hole, sacrificing even the relations with U.S. for the sake of war.

Here is no room for arguments or accusations. Most of the Israelis are looking for peace and are disappointed by their leaders.

And by the way, presenting insinuations as facts (Iran is making fun of a religion) is bad and shows a superficial way of thinking. They have other problems with the mixture of religion, legislation and fundamentalism, but making fun of a religion will be childish. Maybe they want to make fun of a concept or ideology, but still, that wont have any efficient results, other that igniting arguments and maybe "fights" between gamers/commentators.

Despite the confusion and some commentators "harshness", I like your concern over worlds issues. Anyway, this place is not for interrogations, and any moderator can explain you that. Possibly, if you feel you have something to say, to be open to a dialog and to different opinions, which you might find offensive or repulsive, but still, people are entitled to.

Stay informed and you'll be surprise to find out, sometimes, how some of your strongest opinions about world were wrong at some point. It is not an accusation either... is called "growing up".

P.S. the editing is only for grammar... I'm not perfect, but i can live with it.

You forgot something:

Last edited:
That's why you always quote as soon as possible so the original text isn't lost:lol:

You forgot something:
Funny thing, I have not...
"Despite the confusion and some commentators "harshness", I like your concern over worlds issues. Anyway, this place is not for interrogations, and any moderator can explain you that."

Also, read this again. It's the third line.

Let me remind you. Adding sections to the initial post is a moderators advice, to avoid posting too many times. You know how they will compile one user comments, over a short period of time, in one long post... Eventually, if you want to have a conversation with one of the forum's members, if it's mutual, you can have it in private.

I like your determination, by the way... (and it's not a joke or an accusation - I feel like I need to mention that because you could think I want to be sarcastic, which I'm not).

Last edited:
Funny thing, I have not...
"Despite the confusion and some commentators "harshness", I like your concern over worlds issues. Anyway, this place is not for interrogations, and any moderator can explain you that."

Also, read this again. It's the third line.

Let me remind you. Adding sections to the initial post is a moderators advice, to avoid posting too many times. You know how they will compile one user comments, over a short period of time, in one long post... Eventually, if you want to have a conversation with one of the forum's members, if it's mutual, you can have it in private.

I like your determination, by the way... (and it's not a joke or an accusation - I feel like I need to mention that because you could think I want to be sarcastic, which I'm not).
It's not abusive to ask someone a question. Feel free to report it if you think it is. So I take it all this smoke and mirrors is your way of saying you refuse to answer the question? That's all you really had to say, you could have saved yourself a lot of keystrokes.

It's not abusive to ask someone a question. Feel free to report it if you think it is. So I take it all this smoke and mirrors is your way of saying you refuse to answer the question? That's all you really had to say, you could have saved yourself a lot of keystrokes.
Thank you. As you can see, I'm not the type that saves keystrokes if I feel the topic or the people I have a dialog with, are worthy.

Interview between Ann Curry and Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif. Full text

ANN CURRY: We were able to find the tweet that he referred to from the supreme leader. It happened seven months ago, the supreme leader's-- Twitter page has, quote, "This barbaric wolf-like and infanticidal regime of Israel which spares no crime, has no cure but to be annihilated." Mr. Foreign Minister, can you understand why Jews and others would take umbrage at that kind of language?

JAVAD ZARIF: No, I won't. Because this is a regime. We're talking about Mr. Netanyahu, who has-- butchered-- innocent children in Gaza. We are not talking about annihilation of Jews. We never have, we never will. Because if we wanted to annihilate Jews, we have a large number of Jewish population in Iran who not only live in the country in peace, but, in fact, have a representative in Iranian parliament allocated to them, disproportionately to their number....

And then later...

ANN CURRY: So how does Iran want to annihilate the regime of Israel, since you're making the difference?

JAVAD ZARIF: We don't want to annihilate. We don't want to--

ANN CURRY: Well, the Supreme Leader--

JAVAD ZARIF: --annihilate anybody.

ANN CURRY: --tweeted that--

JAVAD ZARIF: We have-- the-- well, what he says--

ANN CURRY: --it should be annihilated.

JAVAD ZARIF: It-- it should be annihilated. That this regime is a threat, is a threat. A regime that engages in the killing of innocent children, a regime that engages in acts of aggression. Iran has not invaded any other country.

Yeah, I'd want them living next door with nuclear weapons.

/sarcasm

Back