ITCC Season II-New Name, New Ideas, post here!

MrMelancholy15
Season II's still a long ways away. We're running Spec Miatas in the ITCC off-season.

Woot woot!

Buuuut... Weren't you supposed to run all new WMA series by me first?

If it's gonna be FF's, then count me out ... can't drive them to save my life :lol:

I can tune FF's quite well Niz and I can teach you the idiosyncracies of driving FF's. Once you figure that out it's not that difficult.

Seeing as how this is a "discussion" is it possible Mel for you to review the ideas you've seen presented here and let us know what you think might work and might not work, what you might be considering changing etc. Seems like we're throwing ideas around but without some input on your part it's all kind of pointless.

Maybe we should make a list of things mentioned so far, I'll start, please add things!

Maybe scrap the sprint race and make one of the 2 races longer than the other, but still longer than the current sprint race. (race 1: 12 laps race 2: 20 laps)

Go to all FF or FR, or whatever, for equalizing cars. The rx7's are in beast mode at 75%. The Monaco sprint race replay will explain that perfectly. I may upload that replay....

Maybe go to harder compounds?

Make things happen more on time. You may have to do something like I did at Rolex; someone leaves or isn't in the room when the race starts- tough luck. "If you aren't early, you're late."

what you might be considering changing etc. Seems like we're throwing ideas around but without some input on your part it's all kind of pointless.

list of ideas...

Well, I'm still trying to make it a bit like the WTCC/BTCC/CCTCC...

My ideas are:

-Adopt Bankfin race structure (race length wise) because you mentioned longer sprint races etc.
-One drivetrain (as recommended by Johnny)
-Premium cars only (so that everyone can choose any car)
-10+ weeks to build/test/tune/spec during MX-5 season
-Extremely balanced specs
-stiffer penalties for excessive contact (Touring cars will always mean a bit)
-Reviewing the starting procedures (maybe?)
-considering new compounds OR tire wear off
-damage full

I'm glad that Bankfin is there to help you out on ideas ...

Well, considering I get taken out in almost every Bankfin sprint, or almost spin, yet somehow catch back up, and get a decent finish, I noticed: ITCC races are too short.

-Adopt Bankfin race structure (race length wise) because you mentioned longer sprint races etc.
-One drivetrain (as recommended by Johnny)
-Premium cars only (so that everyone can choose any car)
-10+ weeks to build/test/tune/spec during MX-5 season
-Extremely balanced specs
-stiffer penalties for excessive contact (Touring cars will always mean a bit)
-Reviewing the starting procedures (maybe?)
-considering new compounds OR tire wear off
-damage full

That's a good start. Full damage comes with some baggage though, keep that in mind. You can get damaged through getting hit by other cars while minding your own business and staying out of trouble. GT5 is not very selective or fair in how it decides who gets damaged and if you do get some halfway serious damage your race is pretty much over.

So far so good, but I don't believe there is enough "touring car" style cars in the premium car list mel?

But if its strict premium cars I'm going the C63 lol,

That's a good start. Full damage comes with some baggage though, keep that in mind. You can get damaged through getting hit by other cars while minding your own business and staying out of trouble. GT5 is not very selective or fair in how it decides who gets damaged and if you do get some halfway serious damage your race is pretty much over.

I mean, there are a lot of people that get damaged minding their own business anyway IRL. I wouldn't mind staying on light damage though.

If anything, it would scare away less talented people.

Yea the only problem I have with heavy damage is that in the event that I get innocently taken out then I will probably issue a verbal lashing to the person who did it. :lol: :dopey:

cnd01
Yea the only problem I have with heavy damage is that in the event that I get innocently taken out then I will probably issue a verbal lashing to the person who did it. :lol: :dopey:

Nothing we aren't used to :sly:

If anything, it would scare away less talented people.

True, and a lot of people who have raced in heavy damage races or series before, and had races or seasons ruined because they got rear ended or sideswiped after driving squeaky clean and minding their own business. I find drivers either know how to race clean or they don't and heavy damage doesn't change that, it only penalizes innocent victims. In my opinion, if you're trying to target beginners and seasoned drivers alike, it's just a recipe for disaster. Beginners have enough trouble controlling their car and being penalized for being slow and also by making mistakes and damaging the car will be awfully frustrating.

^^ agreed jp, also heavy damage in a room with "lag slams" no one deserves that, I'd personally run without any damage, even without visual damage, if you end up in an incident, innocent or not, if you spin or go sideways or get side swiped, that's usually enough of a penalty,

Also with the cars, we could make this a GT style series with FR cars restricted to sports coupes, example list,

BMW 135i/ 120i
Toyota GT86
Scion FR-S
Mazda MX-5 etc,
Honda S2000

FF car list,
Honda civic/ integra type R
Volvo something
Alfa GT
Ford focus ST

AWD car list,

Mitsibishi EVO 9/10
Subaru impreza spec c/ STI 10
Audi S4/A3

Hot hatch car list,

Fiat 500 1.2 lounge
Mini cooper S
Honda civic type R 04,
Suzuki swift 07

I'm sure the way I have divided them might raise some questions, and yes I am aware I have missed a lot of cars, but these are the only cars I can think of from the top of my head, the best thing of this series was the super amount of variety between cars,

Last edited:
^^ agreed jp, also heavy damage in a room with "lag slams" no one deserves that, I'd personally run without any damage, even without visual damage, if you end up in an incident, innocent or not, if you spin or go sideways or get side swiped, that's usually enough of a penalty,

I forgot about the lag slams. Seems to be an issue that's creeping back into GT5 lately.

When it comes to car choices I believe the best series choose the cars that make for the best racing, that is, cars that are close in terms of performance. Usually it means a single drive train but within drivetrain types, not all cars are equal. Some just don't corner as well as others. The premiums have a tendency to corner a little better but not always. Some cars are just crazy good like the Lancer I had in the ITCC or the MR2.

When you take cars with differing cornering speeds and try to equalize them with HP in my opinion it makes for a poor mix. The lower HP cars have no chance on the bigger tracks, and the handling cars will always win on the shorter tracks. Guys are attempting very late passes at the end of straights because they know if they are behind in the twisty bits they can't keep up.

^^ yes I agree, but this is the issue with using non race cars, if it were race cars you can equalize it by weight, HP and PP thus keeping downforce equal, which in turn is my issue with bankfin, "niz did a darn good job specing the cars" but the subaru can get 50 downforce points on the front where as the BMW, Lexus and I think. Also the rest of the cars can only get 20, hence its crazy speed on the twisty tracks,

cnd01
Silvia S15?

Ehh, these are all newer cars :)

Sport medium tires, no aids at all, heavy damage.

All new drivers have to attend another WMA event or practice with a steward before they can race.

Johnnypenso
Good list.

Silvia is a great car...at little slow at equal PP levels but might be able to be adjusted to run with the other cars.

Less cars- less difference between the field. We had Rolex at 4 cars per class, and it worked well (except that stupid Audi...) now it's 3 and 5. DP is dead even, Nissan has a slight disadvantage on tire wear, but we're working on it ;)

Maybe we could put a PP limit on the cars too? If all 4 were equal at the same PP... That would be ideal...

I know going from 60ish cars to 4 is a massive jump, but it would be sweet...

Maybe allow aero this time around?

Yeah I'd be keen to run this list, but I would like to see more variety,

So far so good, but I don't believe there is enough "touring car" style cars in the premium car list mel?

But if its strict premium cars I'm going the C63 lol,

Yes. But no to the C63. It's RWD, heavy, and powerful. :scared: :ill:

1-Volvo C30
2-Ford Focus ST
3-Honda Civic Type R
4-Peugeot 207 GTi (premium Peugeot car)
5-MINI Cooper S '07
6-Renault Mégane
7-Toyota Vitz 1.5 RS (needs to be proven)
8-Suzuki Swift SPORT '07
9-Mazda Atenza 23S (or the Axela 23S standard hatchback)
10-Alfa Romeo 147 Twin Spark

That's a decent list, right?

It leaves us with the option to remove/change cars, in case they aren't fast enough.

Anyways, just so you all know: these cars are all FF, and can all reach the desired HP levels. However, this season's cars will be heavier (to encourage longer braking zones, encouraging more chances to make clean passes) and have less horsepower (perhaps, if the Vitz/MINI are too slow.)

However, I promise you, that they'll be quite fast, and even more even than Season 1.

As for the heavy damage, I have faith that it would make people reconsider their crazy pass attempts, but, I'm also afraid of the lag (like the lag hit I took at Laguna Seca preseason, Conti series, which damaged my motor, but nothing else. :( .)

Lol now I'm sad mel, no C63? Gah! I'm a write a song about this! Then I'm goin fishing!

^^ The way I see it, you were planning on going fishing before hand, and needed an excuse. "Awww, my super crazy fast not-so much touring car wasn't accepted into a touring car series. I need to go fishing, to calm down from the EPIC tragedy."

:lol: If that's the case, then, well, go fishing, have fun, and drive a Volvo. :lol:

Back