ITCC Season II-New Name, New Ideas, post here!

Current car list:

All cars at 276 hp, on Racing Hards.

Factory teams:

Ford Focus ST '06
Peugeot 207 GTi '07
VW Golf GTI (Mk. V) '05
Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z '07
Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 Twin Spark '06
Honda Civic Type R '08
Volvo C30 R-Design '09
Suzuki SWIFT Sport '07 ** (yet to be tested)

Factory Teams will run at 1200 kg.

Privateer Teams:

Lexus IS200
Honda Civic Type R (EK) '05
Subaru WRX STi

Privateer teams will run at 1400 kg.

How did the test go? My guess is that that car list has quite a large variety in performace at equal weight/hp.

Johnnypenso
How did the test go? My guess is that that car list has quite a large variety in performace at equal weight/hp.

Volvo was noticeably quicker, and the mini s was noticeably slower. That's all I remember xD

There was some variation indeed. I tested the Atenza, and had the fastest lap at 276/1219 as that was as light as the Atenza would go.

Yes, Johnny. There was a noticeable difference of four tenths between all of the cars, except the MINI Cooper S. Therefore, I'm not entirely overly worried. Once everyone really gets down to tuning, then we'll see how the lap times shape up.

However, I'm noticing that the biggest real difference was driving talent. cnd was about 3 tenths quicker than I was.

Volvo was noticeably quicker, and the mini s was noticeably slower. That's all I remember xD

Yes, Johnny. There was a noticeable difference of four tenths between all of the cars, except the MINI Cooper S. Therefore, I'm not entirely overly worried. Once everyone really gets down to tuning, then we'll see how the lap times shape up.

Well if they are that close then you are on to something...but I highly doubt all of those cars on that list will end up being only 4/10ths apart in performance at those specs with full tuning.

The Mini is best suited to shorter tracks requiring some real torque like Tsukuba. It kind of runs out of breath at the bigger tracks. It also requires some real radical tuning to get the thing to turn well.

Yeah. See, the thing is, we are going to be doing races at tracks like Rome (reverse this time, the forwards version was atrocious) and a few others, where just being close is enough for staying in the draft.

What about if we break the series into 3 parts over the course of the series, if every picks 3 cars, FF, FR and AWD, but that would most likely complicate things lol,

The new tire wear model will certainly help if you decide to stick with FF's.

The new tire wear model will certainly help if you decide to stick with FF's.

Yeah. So, with Racing Hards, medium length races, and no need for a pit stop, in season II, it'll come down to the outright pace again.

I still think that this opens the door to FR and 4WD cars, so long as they're 4 doors...

I really want to replicate the Canadian Touring Car Championship.

Soon, I might be racing in the CCTCC. ;)

I'm not liking the addition of RWD and AWD. They would need to be over a second off of the FF pace at least.

I'm not liking the addition of RWD and AWD. They would need to be over a second off of the FF pace at least.

If the races are ten laps, on racing hards, but the racing hards can last like 30... before even losing pace... I'm not sure that it'll be an issue.

We'll test it. Again, we have plenty of time to get it right, again, for Season II.

If the races are ten laps, on racing hards, but the racing hards can last like 30... before even losing pace... I'm not sure that it'll be an issue.

We'll test it. Again, we have plenty of time to get it right, again, for Season II.

Right on. We have a very long time to prepare for the season thanks to GTMSA 👍

Right on. We have a very long time to prepare for the season thanks to GTMSA 👍

Indeed. But, it wouldn't be the Canadian Touring Car Championship's online brother, without some "interesting language," fights, and close championship battles. Maybe we'll just leave out the first two, and focus on a close championship battle.

Indeed. But, it wouldn't be the Canadian Touring Car Championship's online brother, without some "interesting language," fights, and close championship battles. Maybe we'll just leave out the first two, and focus on a close championship battle.

I'm hoping there won't be too many "robust maneuvers" :lol:

I'm hoping there won't be too many "robust maneuvers" :lol:

There's an inverse relationship between the length of the race and the number of robust maneuvers. 10 laps is just a sprint race in my opinion, more of a fun race length and unworthy of a true drivers championship. With a 10 lap race you're setting up the race encouraging drivers to make risky maneuvres given that you only have a short number of laps to make a pass and make it stick. Longer races are cleaner races.

There's an inverse relationship between the length of the race and the number of robust maneuvers. 10 laps is just a sprint race in my opinion, more of a fun race length and unworthy of a true drivers championship. With a 10 lap race you're setting up the race encouraging drivers to make risky maneuvres given that you only have a short number of laps to make a pass and make it stick. Longer races are cleaner races.

Makes good sense. I have officially opened sign ups to the GTMSA ITCC.

Makes good sense. I have officially opened sign ups to the GTMSA ITCC.

So the GTMSA series is the evolution of this thread or is there another series to follow from this?

So the GTMSA series is the evolution of this thread or is there another series to follow from this?

GTMSA is completely separate from this. LancerEvo7 and I specced the cars. Mel had no part in GTMSA's series organization. Basically, I run the show on the GTMSA ITCC.

GTMSA is completely separate from this. LancerEvo7 and I specced the cars. Mel had no part in GTMSA's series organization. Basically, I run the show on the GTMSA ITCC.

While, as friends, WMA's leaders, and GTMSA's group support each other. :)

Seriously, guys, check out cnd's GTMSA ITCC. Looks fun. WMA will not start WMA ITCC, until we finish the GTMSA ITCC season, out of respect, and to give the series planners for this series ample time.

Also, Johnny, I mean 10 laps at Suzuka full, as our sprint race, for example, because we have much better tire wear now.

Yeah. See, the thing is, we are going to be doing races at tracks like Rome (reverse this time, the forwards version was atrocious) and a few others, where just being close is enough for staying in the draft.

I was basing the 10 laps = sprint comment on this.

I pretty much agree with JP here. 20 laps at Tsukuba is considered a sprint in my books. Anything that takes under 25-30ish minutes is a sprint race.

MrMelancholy15
Or that one.

Anyways, no, they'll be longer at smaller tracks. 15, at least, at Madrid, so that the moves are less anxious.

Madrid makes any move that isn't started and completed on the straight anxious....

cnd01

I really do like Rome... Granted, I had a bit of a moment there, I do like the track, and wanted to do well there.

Reverse is only better in my opinion! First lap is a bit odd with sector 1 being so narrow, but I really like it :)

Madrid makes any move that isn't started and completed on the straight anxious....

I really do like Rome... Granted, I had a bit of a moment there, I do like the track, and wanted to do well there.

Reverse is only better in my opinion! First lap is a bit odd with sector 1 being so narrow, but I really like it :)

All city tracks suffer that problem. Wanna know what's scarier?

Turn 3 of the Trois Rivières circuit in a field of 60 Canadian Touring cars.

Again, slight bumps can probably be expected. It's touring cars.

But, don't do something ridiculous. You know, if you brake slightly later than the car in front, and give them a little "kiss" at the apex, no one will be mad. If you don't brake, everyone will be mad.

So, we'll still run city circuits, (most likely rounds 5-8) in Season II. They won't be the first rounds, though.

All city tracks suffer that problem. Wanna know what's scarier?

Turn 3 of the Trois Rivières circuit in a field of 60 Canadian Touring cars.

Again, slight bumps can probably be expected. It's touring cars.

But, don't do something ridiculous. You know, if you brake slightly later than the car in front, and give them a little "kiss" at the apex, no one will be mad. If you don't brake, everyone will be mad.

So, we'll still run city circuits, (most likely rounds 5-8) in Season II. They won't be the first rounds, though.

I would venture to say that's a lesson learned from S1?

Back